My Neighbor Totoro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PippinTook
Who has seen My Neighbor Totoro? I love this movie! big grin It's so cute and hilarious! Personally, I think Totoros should rule the world. rock laughing out loud

Mr Zero
Not only I have I seen it - i think it's by far one of the best movies ever made. I have bought it on DVD around a dozen times - virtually everyone I know has had it as a birthday or Xmas gift - and I have a large porcelain cat-bus ornament by my bedside.

BlackHatDefect
I didn't like it,but Totoros are cute.I absolutley LOTH the little sister,she*is*evil!

PippinTook
Woah....I have finally witnessed a positive post from Mr Zero. confused The world really IS coming to an end! stick out tongue

I want your Catbus ornament...shifty

Mr Zero
I'll post a picture of the catbus orno if i can find one. I used to have a totoro plushie but my chum lil (not lil B another lil) took a shine to it and went home with it - shes only 5 an kinda tough to say no to.

Mr Zero
Cant find a piccie - i'll have to take one when i get home...

In the meantime here is a lovley still from a film I want to see so badly i could weep. In Japan there is a museum dedicated to the studio ghibli. The museum has a cinema and they have a special short movie thats only ever been shown there - it's about a trip that Mei (little sister) takes one night during the totoro movie that we didnt get to see - she goes for a secret trip in a kitten-bus while everyone else is asleep... and sees a meeting of all the cat-busses at a cat-bus convention!

BlackHatDefect
I just fail to see how this movie tops so many others...

explain Mr. passionate

Mr Zero
I'll give it a try - but y'know much as I'd love to - I think Tonari no Totoro is one of those things that either hits you or doesn't.

You've seen it right? Y'know when Satsuki and Mei are waiting for the bus in the rain - and Mei is tired so Satsuki lets her sleep on her back. And they stand there in the rain waiting -

Satsuki turns round and Totoro is waiting there beside them with a huge leaf on his head. Just waiting for a bus.

First time I saw that I almost choked I laughed so hard - Something bad is happening (the fate of the girls mother - as yet unknown, they are both cold and tired and waiting in the dark in the pouring relentless rain) and something wonderful is perhaps just around the corner - (ie the new "Neighbors"wink

Like I say - it either hits you or not. No harm if "not" - but I think as films go it's near perfect.

hana_skywalker
It's a very very very cute movie! eek! Unfortunately I wasn't able to see it complete, but I liked what I saw. It's, in my opinion, just like any Miyazaki movie, a piece of art!! smile

doms_world
my neighbour totoro isnt miyazaki's best to be honest. I think mononoke is awesome. I got the ghibli box set (only 7 of the 14, damn ebay) and it is qualirty. Totoro is funny though. He is really cute, i want a doll of that dude.

PippinTook
Same here. That was probably my favorite part. I was dying with laughter after I saw it. laughing out loud It was so cute! The last time I saw that movie was when I was around 8 or so (I'm 14 now) and that's the part that I most remember...That and the dust bunnies. Haha. Luckily, one of my friends has it and he's letting me borrow it for a while. Weee! Happy Dance

Mr Zero
If you think its not Miyazakis best it's an opinion not a fact - but you want a totoro doll so we will let you off.

I got the original 12 movie Ghibli box set - so im assuming you mean the new Dub/Sub version box? Isn't it 14 movies across seven disks? You might not have been ripped off... if it is the one you have - are they in fullscreen or widescreen - because if its wide I'm going to get one! Yay!

PippinTook
^ Agreed. As long as you sort of like Totoro, I'll still love you, Dom. wink laughing out loud

Tchan
I loved that movie,it was one of my first anime movies when i was yeea' small XD

.::Levi@than::.
We had to watch it in Japanese class about a week ago, and I thought it was such a cute movie happy even though I couldn't understand most of it, coz it was in Japanese.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.