Best book to movie trasition?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

solidgold
Donno if this has been posted before but hey, I'm just curious.

Cause I think the best is Irvine Welsh's "Trainspotting" yeah sure they left a lot of the book out, but ultimatley they captured it well.

Also "The Shawshank Redemtion" was a good movie off of Stephen King's short story

Primitive Screwhead
Shawshank was good, and so were The Green Mile and the original Shining.

Other good translations:
The Firm (Grisham)
Moby Dick (Gregory Peck always put in great performances)
To Kill A Mockingbird (Again, Gregory Peck)
Blade Runner/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Philip K. Dick)
Hellraiser/The Hellbount Heart (Barker)

On the flipside, the worst adaptations:
The Lost World (Crichton)
Dreamcatcher, The Stand (King)
Battlefield Earth (Any L. Ron Hubbard book translated to film is a bad idea)

Mr Zero
have you read Moby Dick? that movie sucked the big one....

my vote; The princess bride.

Primitive Screwhead
No, I've never read it... I just threw it on there for the hell of it. Of course I read the book... it was required reading back when I was in high school. You hated the translation, I liked it.

I'll agree with your Princess Bride vote, though.

mailedbypostman
The green Mile was a good one, but it's already been said.

pinsleepe
Forrest Gump love

coolboarder98
Bladerunner was good, but the script was changed from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. They captured most of the experience found in the book, but they could have included the chickenheads and the emotion box things (you have to have read the book to understand these things).

star22
Good adaptions...

1. Both of the Dune miniseries were excellent. Captured the feel of the books perfectly. Actually made me sort of like the second and third books.

2. The new Peter Pan movie with Jason Issacs in it.

3. All of the LOTR movies.

Bad adaptions...

1. Jurasic Park and Lost World:I actually like the movies, but they were still bad adaptions.

2. Harry Potter 3:Not faithful to the books at all.

Will come up with more later.

BadKitty
there isn't many good adaptations..I think Lord of the rings might have been best..they at least made a real effort to stay true to the books.

misery was pretty damn good as was silence of the lambs.

I have real high hopes for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe I hope it is as good as a adaptation as lotr

Rambo
Now I have not read this book but my friend tells me it is the best adaptation. Fight Club. He says that the book is very close to the movie.

AfricanLion
Jock of the Bushveld, by Sir Percy Fitzpatrick.
Yeah, and I liked Silence of the Lambs, Shawshank Redemption, the Green Mile

Dreampanther
Actually one of the best in my opinion is Die Hard. Maybe I'm biased, because I only read the book long after I saw the movie, but I thought the movie was much better than the book

Dreampanther
Hey, correct that, I just saw a rerun of Hi-Fidelity, starring John Cusack. How could I forget that? Written by Nick Hornsby originally, I loved the book and the movie is great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.