Wonder Woman Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

duffy
All comics seem to be getting made into movies these days, so i was just wondering if they where to make wonderman or a JLA movie who would be your choice???

I cant really think of anyone rite now so ill have to think

Darth Vicious
JLA, only to have an excuse to bring Batman and Superman in the same movie and a Wonder Woman with Catherine Zeta Jones would be awsome because she is gorgeous

duffy
Yeah she is gorgeous but i was thinking maybe Shannon Elizabeth shes hot as well.
but the problem with both of these in that they dont really look like the comic book wonderwoman!
does everybody think this is important that the movies versions look like the comics book versions?
I do but i think it will not always be possible.

Corran
Wonderwoman had been done, saw the movie when I was a kid, Linda Carter played her.

Kes
Whose JLA?

duffy
ehhh...

superman, batman, wonderwoman, green lantern, the flash

and another few but i think it changes about sometimes

Kes
that's JLA?! ok.

diegocala
I want to tie her up in her own golden lasso

...mmmm forbiden lasso Happy Dance

Magee
JLA movie would kicks and with wonder woman in JLA it probably would overall just be better

Tex
I would love to see a Wonder Woman movie.
I think Winona Ryder could play her well.

Augeybana
Maybe Shannon Elizabeth ot the woman that played Xena,Lucy Lawless that would be interesting.

duffy
hmmm.......... Winona Ryders not really big enuf i think!

M0vieBuff
i know somebody good, she has to look good but be strong, Jennifer Garner

Darth Vicious
If Jennifer garner were to make Wonder Woman i would go in a second, she is gorgeous!

Metroplex
She looks really good in Daredevil, but i think Lucy Lawless would make a better Wonder Woman.

BlueStarlight
I don't know who to play her, but I want to see how they would bring that movie to the screen. It could be really cool

ChinaNiki
What about Keira Knightly with black hair?

P-NuT
Jessica Alba as Wonderwoman

ChinaNiki
I liked her in Dark Angel

BOPRecruit 16
at Super Hero Hype!, i read that the people making the movie want someone young, in their 20's preferrable. they're considering sarah michelle gellar. i don't agree with them on that, but oh well!

Asian Hulk
If you want to watch the Wonder Woman movie.so please wait for the movie "Wonder Woman"soon!!!!

Asian Hulk
Wonder Woman is coming now!!!!

mpatterson
LIV HARTNETT SHOULD PLAY WONDERWOMAN SHE LOOKS THE PART !

Gregory
And Martian Manhunter, Plastic Man, and Aquaman (most people consider that line-up, sans Plastic Man, to be the core "Big Seven"wink

Gregory
Tom Cruise should play Wonder Woman.

Lobo
Just what I was thinking.

mpatterson
I SAY THAT BECACAUSE LIV SHE LOOKS THE PART! IN STEAD SARAH MICHELLE GELLER IS PLAY WONDER WOMAN AND SHE ALREADY A
SUPERHERO? BUFFY AND NO!!! TOM CRUISE IS A MAN

Gregory
I am aware of that. I can't believe you actually thought that suggestion was worth commenting on.

shaber
The actress for Wonderwoman would have to have long black hair and be very photogenic, but I think that Catherine Zeta Jones looks to Mediterranean and in any case, she is getting old.

To be honest, I thought the concept of Wonder Woman to be somewhat bland.

Rasta
CAN U S2P TOKNG LIEK THIS????!!?!!1! OMG WTF LOL A 12 Y3AR OLD AOLER IS WUT U AER!11!!1

IF ANYON3 3LSE NEDS 2 UND3RSTAND DA ILIETRAET NONSENS3 COMNG FROM THIS KIDS MOUTH GO HERA11!1!11 WTF LOL

http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html

mpatterson
WHAT!!! YOU GUYS ARE WIERD? COME ON I KNOW YOU WAS JOKING BUT IT WASN'T FUNNY ! & RASTA ARE YOU ENGLISH?

mpatterson
IF WONDER WOMAN WAS A FILM CATHERINE ZETA JONES WOULD NOT FITT THE ROLE SHE HAS THE HAIR BUT EVERYTHING ELSE .......NO!!!
ANYONE TELL ME WHO WOULD FITT THE BILL FOR THE PART OF WONDER WOMAN? I TOLD YOU! WHO SHOULD BE WONDER WOMAN
LIV TYLER AND IF YOU DISAGREE? PLEASE TELL ALL!!!!!

Gregory
Rasta could have been more polite about it, but could you please at least turn of the caps lock? Nobody likes being shouted at.

mpatterson
I NOT SHOUTING! IM TELL! SORRY IF YOU THINK THAT?

Rasta
God. You're such a retard. Turn the caps lock off, it signifys shouting.

Rasta
You obviously need to go look up the word sarcasm in the dictionary.

mpatterson
sarcasm watsssssss sarcasm !!!!!!!! and watssss a d1c710n4ry

punkyhermy
catherine zeta jones

eleveninches
Wonderwoman should be played by xena warrior princess lucy lawless

tkitna
Catherine Zeta- Jones is to soft. You need a stronger woman in my opinion. Lucy Lawless or Chyna probably wouldnt work because I dont think they act good enough. The movie would probably end up like Red Sonja. I'll have to give this some thought!

Spawnie
Chyna is too butch for the part, sorry. Catherine Zeta jones is my pick.
She is medium tall, and with the hair down she could look great as Wonderwoman. Winona is a puny clepto that has no place is action movies. The woman that played Xena would also be ok, but I really don't wanna see her in the movie.

VENOMfan
oh god not Chyna........ack

The Batman
I'm with Spawnie. Catherine Zeta-Jones looks like Diana, and Wonder Woman is allowed to look "soft." She doesn't have to be a muscle-bound wrestler to be a super-strong Amazon.
Sarah Michelle Gellar is a skinny, tiny flake with no chance of being a *good* Wonder Woman. Sandra Bullock pisses me off so much, if they pick her or Gellar to be Wonder Woman, I'll break my New Year's resolution not to murder anyone. And no friggin' Chyna, for God's sake. If Lucy Lawless got the part, I'd be very disappointed, but at least I could understand the decision. Maybe even forgive the decision, in time.

mpatterson
no!!!no!!!no!!!! catherine zeta jones hell no? lucy lawless hell no ? liv tyler hell yeah?

mpatterson
go to www.comics2film.com and see liv tyler as wonder woman she look hot in the costume

mpatterson
look in digital concept gallery

Arachnoidfreak
Rebecca Romijn Stamos with black hair as wonder woman.

eleveninches
Lucy lawless as wonder woman??

Arachnoidfreak
no. i think Xena was enough.

eleveninches
I thought she was good as Xena. It might work, and if it happenned, the movie would appeal to the xena fans as well as comic book fans.

mpatterson
liv tyler for wonder woman

mpatterson
monica belluci look hotter man!

mpatterson
monica belluci well fit and a sex babe

punkyhermy
catherine zeta jones or lucy lawless.both look very strong

Arachnoidfreak
noone with a tan should be playing Wonder Woman. that means Zeta Jones. these f*ckers have to stop changing the races of characters.

mpatterson
in it blood?no tan

Arachnoidfreak
wtf does that mean?

mpatterson
that means i agree that that who ever plays ww should not have no tan

Magee
omg so they have to be pure white to play wonder woman?
Jesus that has to be the stupidest thing ive ever heard. Not having someone black playing her is fine because it wouldnt like write but with all do respect if ur born and raised on a greek island u should have tanned skin so i would go for it.

Arachnoidfreak
i did not say pure white. and dont think im being racist because im puerto rican myself. i just hate they they keep changing all the character's races every where i turn

mpatterson
if there was a film the character would need to be the same on the
comics just try to understand.

FrothByte
what the f*ck are you saying? ww is an amazon for christ's sake and therefore she must have a tan. sure she isn't supposed to have too dark a tan, but not without one either. i thing catherine zeta jones is perfect for the role, not to mention extremely sexy.

mpatterson
something with you, your just going for a famous faces to play the part.
are you even a comic book fan?

FrothByte
are you referring to me?

FrothByte
coz if you are referring to me, you don't have any ground basis to start questioning my comic book fanaticism. I have been collecting comic books for the last 15 years and my life, but i still admit to not knowing a lot of facts about certain characters. but i am certain that wonder woman definitely has a light tan.

i would describe her skin as being fair, not white. and my opinion still stands that i think zeta jones is best for the role (and as such being my opinion, you can't start questioning the validity of it). so tell me mr. comicbook fan, what exactly did i state with which you disagreed with me and may i know your opinion on the subject matter mr. comic book highness.

TheFilmProphet
Kalogridis Finishes Wonder Woman Script?
Source: UGO
October 10, 2004

We haven't heard anything about a possible Wonder Woman movie in a while now, but "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" director Marcus Nispel dropped an interesting bit while talking about his next project to UGO:

I met with Mike Medavoy, who did all the movies I love from the 70s . We both fell in love with a project called Pathfinder. The movie takes place 1,200 years ago, and a small Inuit tribe is being erased by aggressors, and a little boy runs and survives. He warns a neighboring tribe, but they tell him that the evil will follow the little boy. The kid says that they are right, and with his expertise with weaponry he goes right into the open knife of these bad guys. It's kind of like First Blood, but the exception is that this invading tribe are Norsemen. I've never even seen an image of a Viking meeting an American Indian. This is sort of hypothetical. The script was written by Laeta Kalogridis, who wrote Alexander, and she just finished Wonder Woman. My agent looked through the script and asked me where all the dialogue was. I said there was only one surviving Indian, and the Vikings don't have much to say to one another.

TheFilmProphet
Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman in the 70's TV show http://www.tvtome.com/images/shows/0/1/28-5275-sm.jpg

pr1983
maybe he intentionally dropped it in there

TheFilmProphet
It is possible. But it doesn't look too good for DC's feature films if some of their films will be weaker like these. Catwoman, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman. Compared to FF, X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, and Blade 3.

BOPRecruit 16
Some good choices for Wonder Woman: Katherine Zeta-Jones, Kate Beckinsale, Shannon Elizabeth, Erica Ducrane, Catherine Heighl, Alyssa Milano (Hmm...I'll try to think of some more actresses...)

TheFilmProphet
Interesting choices. Did you mean Erica Durance?

shaber
Those of those that I know; Catherine Zeta Jones is too old, Catherine Heigl too delicate.

mc pee pants
i say miss heigl.

Asian Hulk
I choose Ali Landry portaying her role as Wonder Woman's alter ego Diana Prince

TheFilmProphet
I would prefer an unknown for the role.

moviemania
I've been following the news about a ww movie since day one and got to work with some film sites and magazines. I can say that with all of that there has only been two names that have been officially mentioned by people invovled and that was Sandra Bullock and Jordan Bayne. Because of an executive shake up in the WB, movie and television projects that used to be hot, have been left to cool down. I still think the best way to go with this movie is to get an unknown in the role, just like they did with the original WW, Lynda Carter, and Superman/ Christopher Reeves and even the new choice for superman, Brandon Routh. let a name in the business be the baddy or something, but so far, the best roles out there are the ones that have been filled by virtual unknows (Lucy Lawless-Xena, Kevin Sorbo-Hercules, Jennifer Garner-ALIAS, Lynda Carter-(TV) Wonder Woman, Lyndsey Wagoner-Bionic Woman -- the list goes on and on! wink

Alpha Centauri
Eliza Dushku could fit the role physically but she's slightly too petit I think.

Someone said they wanted her as The Black Cat.

-AC

MornGlory
why are there so many comic book movies anymore

is Hollywood so desperate mad

Mr Parker
Please,give me a break.Jones would be perfect for the role.she would be my first choice obviously.

TheFilmProphet
My first choice would be an unknown.

Comic book films is the only sure money to be made with films anymore so obviously Hollywood is going to want to produce more and more of these films in order to cash in.

TheFilmProphet
Minnie Driver Wants Wonder Woman
Source: Sci Fi Wire
December 14, 2004

While promoting the upcoming "Phantom of the Opera" adaptation, Minnie Driver told Sci Fi Wire she'd love to play Wonder Woman, but doubts that it will work out in her favor.

Minnie Driver told SCI FI Wire that she'd love to play Wonder Woman, but doubts that it will work out in her favor. "I think you're probably going to see Catherine Zeta-Jones squished into a corset and a pair of shorts quicker than you'd see me," Driver said in an interview while promoting her latest movie, The Phantom of the Opera, which will be released by Warner Brothers, the studio that retains the rights to Wonder Woman. "I might have more currency now, after Phantom, because she is an operatic superhero, in my opinion."

"That's actually going to be my new angle, my new pitch," Driver added, laughing. "I knew there was a reason I came here today, and it was to hone my pitch to Warner Brothers."

Driver pointed to original TV Wonder Woman star Lynda Carter as one of her heroines. "She did it all with a couple of bracelets and a weird lasso, and she had an invisible plane!" Driver said. "Come on, she's heaven, and she was so sexy. Even though I didn't have blue eyes, at a stretch I thought I could possibly grow up to be her, whereas I could never have grown up to be Lindsay Wagner . Do you know what I mean?"

TheFilmProphet
Whedon to Write & Direct Wonder Woman?
Source: TV Guide
December 20, 2004

TV Guide is reporting that "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel," and "Firefly" creator Joss Whedon may write and direct Wonder Woman for Warner Bros.:

Joss Whedon is staking his claim to another female superhero. Warner Bros. is on the verge of lassoing the Buffy the Vampire Slayer mastermind to write and direct the studio's long-gestating Wonder Woman feature film, TV Guide Online has learned. The almost-done deal comes just two months after Whedon announced that he was getting out of the TV biz to focus on making movies, beginning with his forthcoming Firefly flick, Serenity.

Stay tuned for more on this as it comes in.

Dazzler619
It is now rumored that Sarah Michelle Gellar might play her

TheFilmProphet
There is probably at least 5-10 women being rumored at this point, Cathrine Zeta Jones, Gellar, Minnie Driver, etc.

I would rather go with an unknown though.

BobbyD
Gellar would be a horrible choice. Don't get me wrong, she's hot, but she couldn't hold Lynda Carter's bra strap, and that's probably true too.

She's too tiny and lean to play someone as busty, curvy and hard as Wonder Woman should be. Zeta-Jones, Landry, S. Elizabeth, and Jolie would be good choices.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I agree wtih you on those points.

pr1983
landry would be perfect physically as bobby d said, as would elizabeth, it just depends on their acting skills.

TheFilmProphet
Personally I think Landry would be a bettter choice then Elizabeth.

But really anything is better than Gellar. stick out tongue

pr1983
except halle berry...

TheFilmProphet
yeah laughing out loud

Or maybe Garner stick out tongue

pr1983
noooooooooooooooooooooooo........................................

TheFilmProphet
Or maybe a vs film with Wonder Woman (Gellar) Vs Elektra (Garner) stick out tongue

pr1983
yeah, i'd by the dvd just to burn it...

BobbyD
Garner is a better choice than Gellar, but only marginally for this role.

Again, both are smokin' hot. But, it's the role you have to consider. Halle Berry not a bad option either....possibly too short? After all, Wonder Woman is an Amazon?

pr1983
thats funny, or were you being serious?

BobbyD
How about former figure skater great, Katerina Witt? She would be a nice option, physically...and visually. wink

Former female wrestler China would be another good option, physically speaking. They could doll her up.

Jamie Gertz?

TheFilmProphet
I would be the first in line to buy it then in that case.

Dear god, I hope not.

BobbyD
No, I got more!

Yasmine Bleeth (too short?), Shania Twain (too short?), Brooke Burke (yowza!), Nikki Cox?

BobbyD
Gosh, I could I leave Carmen Electra, Cindy Crawford, and Brook Burns out of the mix? Someone shoot me.

pr1983
*bang*

BobbyD
Good one, PR.

laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
*Comes in for the kill*

*Bang, Bang!*

BobbyD
Ugh....uhhhhh.

TheFilmProphet
Joss Whedon Hints at Wonder Woman
Source: WHEDONesque
January 1, 2005

It was recently rumored that "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel," and "Firefly" creator Joss Whedon will write and direct Wonder Woman for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Is it true? Check out the HINT that Whedon left on his holiday message to fans.

Hmmmm...

eleveninches
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=29772

Merge

eleveninches
It's confirmed !!

Merge
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6467&highlight=wonder+woman

eleveninches
It's confirmed !!

Josh whedon to do WW

TheFilmProphet
Whedon Confirmed for Wonder Woman
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
March 16, 2005

Silver Pictures, producer of the revolutionary, $3 billion-grossing "Matrix" franchise, has signed Joss Whedon, creator of the phenomenally popular Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series, to write and direct the feature film action adventure Wonder Woman based on the DC Comics character. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

"We are excited about working with Joss," Robinov said. "He brings great energy and creativity to the process. His work on Buffy makes him uniquely qualified to handle the Wonder Woman character."

"There's no one better than Joss to adapt the legendary Wonder Woman comic book character created in the 1940s into a dynamic feature film for 21st century audiences," producer Joel Silver added. "Wonder Woman was the first great female superhero to emerge from comic books and later inspire millions of fans in her television incarnation, but unlike her counterparts Batman and Superman, this groundbreaking heroine has yet to be reinvented for the feature film arena."

"Wonder Woman is the most iconic female heroine of our time, but in a way, no one has met her yet," Whedon said. "What I love most about icons is finding out what's behind them, exploring the price of their power. When Joel and I began discussing the character, I realized there is a woman behind the legend who is very fascinating, very uncompromising, and in her own way, almost vulnerable. She's someone who doesn't belong in this world, and since everyone I know feels that way about themselves, the character clicked for me."

Whedon created and executive produced the hit television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which ran for seven seasons on The WB and UPN, based on his screenplay for the 1992 feature film of the same name. Whedon also created and executive produced the successful Buffy spin-off series Angel, and wrote the screenplays for the films Toy Story and Alien: Resurrection. He is currently completing post-production on the feature film Serenity, which he wrote and directed based on his television series Firefly.

Wonder Woman will be produced by Joel Silver and Leonard Goldberg, and is based on the DC Comics character created by William Moulton Marston.

Wonder Woman will be released worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

TheFilmProphet
TEASER IMAGE

http://tinypic.com/298zv5

pr1983
sweet...

TheFilmProphet
Definitely, very good teaser.

Paola
yes, boss...

merging...

eleveninches
Lucy lawless = wonder woman yes

xena2celine
Lucy Lawess should be picked to plat Wonder Women in the new movie!

dylZ
I think Adriana Lima would be the perfect Wonder Woman. She is the most beautiful woman in the world. Dark hair/Blue-Grey Eyes. Most gorgeous face, and well supermodel tall at 5'10, and she's got curves!!!

Too bad she can't speak English well

If they chose a Wonder Woman:

1. Forget the classic all-american look, she's got to have the classic Ms. America look. (Lynda Carter is an Ex-Ms. America).

2. She's got to have a smile that last for days
3. Beautiful Face (not one that screams Playboy), but one that screams your mom is hot.
4. She can't be less that 5'6 prefer less than 5'7 feet tall. How about 5'8 and above, there I made up my mind. Legs that go on and on!!!
5. She's got to have an hourglass figure. Ie... Breasts much match your ass. Sorry J. Lo, and Pam.

Good Luck in trying to find someone better than Lynda Carter who I will always associate with Wonder Woman!

Catherine Zeta-Jones in the Mask of Zorro was to die for. I'm not saying she should be Wonder Woman. But, when I watched that movie I could not take my eyes off of her breathtaking beauty!

Jury
Who should she be?

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3923/wonderwomanearlyart9wj.jpg

BobbyD
Zeta Jones is not a bad option at all...a great WW.

She needs to stop teasing me with her sultry voice and the get more minutes thing.

roughrider
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
why are there so many comic book movies anymore

is Hollywood so desperate mad

Not at all. (Hollywood is desperate right now, yes, but for different reasons.)
This was a treasure drove largely ignored by them for decades, while comic fans could only imagine what their favourites looked like in live action. Now, thanks to the advancement in CGI and companies like Marvel getting agressively involved with production, we are getting to see them all done in a visually convincing style. I have no complaints about the number of comics-to-film, just about too many bad films.
For WW, the list of name actresses is getting longer; whomever they choose (and please God not some tiny waif like Sarah Michelle Gellar) the important thing is that cheesecake costume will not be on the silver screen. Warner Bros. has already admitted this, that her look will have to be 'updated.' Meaning, more realistic.

pr1983
But not too modern... needs to have some sort of remnant of the classic costume...

roughrider
They could have that eagle form on the breastplate of real armour, instead of spandex. No star shorts please. And a small shield & sword to go with that lasso. I have a picture of the Stan-Lee-Creates WW in my mind; that would be alright.

dawsey28
Wow... I actuallyLIKE the idea of Zeta Jones as Wonder Woman.

I would never have thought I would.

D-Block
Jessica Biel has the size and body did you see her in Blade 3

hermione7
guys just wanna repost here

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7674/ww47ze.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/2112/ww9jx.jpg

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AskAusiello/

Jamaican
First and foremost she needs to be able to act the part.

Apart from that, very few women have BOTH the size and looks. She'd have to be able to look both physically imposing AND like you'd want to rip her clothes off.

I don't know how big a woman Charisma Carpenter or Kate Beckinsale is. But they both have that look (both, they could look like WW & that 'take no shit' look) that they could be dangerous but you'd still want to have her to yourself.

Problem, just a small one - she doesn't look like WW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.