Spikes Stargate Alpha - Mission 1.3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
You all wake up in a room. One of the walls has been replaced with metal bars. Outside are two of the new-look Jaffa guards, Memphis's personnel guards. There is a small window on another wall where you can see outside, you're still in Hyperspace so you can't have been out of it for that long.

Looking at yourselves you notice that your armor and weapons have all gone. As have all your personnel belongings - including the GDO (Garage Door Opener)! You're going to have to get it back if you want to return to Earth through the Stargate...

Meanwhile, on Earth, Dr. Weir has taken command of the SGC. The modified cargo ship carrying O'neill and the rest of SG-1 is on its way back to Earth. Anubis is in the middle of his attack...

Mission Objectives

Escape
Retrieve the GDO
Arm yourselves

Kael
"erm... Mr guard...can you let me outta of hear!? some fool seems to of locked me in here." while saying that he tries to bend the bars.

SpikeSpiegel
He doesn't pay any attention to you

Kael
The ignorance of some people.
Is there a lock we could pick?

Trickster
The old sick ploy?

SpikeSpiegel
No lock as such, and do you really think that they'ld stand there and let you try and pick a lock? erm

Kael
well im all out of suggestions. rolling on floor laughing

SpikeSpiegel
Maybe that's a good thing stick out tongue

Kael
" i wish to speak to Memphis" he says to the ignorant guard.

I will ignore your post, Spike wink

SpikeSpiegel
As the guard does with yours wink

Kael
hey...

Im i in reach of the guard? alien

SpikeSpiegel
Yes

Kael
can i grab him and break his neck

SpikeSpiegel
You can try

Kael
well i will do that then

SpikeSpiegel
As you move your arm forwards through the bars it is suddenly hit with a large electrical current and your body is thrown backwards...one of the guards laughs.

Kael
well thats the last time, i try that again!

SpikeSpiegel
Did you just say you wanted to try that again? stick out tongue

Kael
yes, i will not give in unless it starts to injure me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpikeSpiegel
K, same thing happens knocks you back into the wall.

Kael
well they say 3rd time lucky, but i doubt it will work so i want bother.

Trickster
Um, guys, should we try the old 'oh no, he's sick' thing?

Kael
We can only try. sick

SpikeSpiegel
Which one of you's going to be sick?

Kael
As it was Trickster who thought of it, his person can do it.

A new sig spike very nice.

SpikeSpiegel
Stop trying to suck up to me, I'm not going to tell you the answer stick out tongue

Kael
pfft... i wasnt trying to suck up. i was just stating that i like it.

and i already know the answer. whistle

SpikeSpiegel
Really?

Then what is it?

Kael
yes.

i want to see if any one else knows what it is.

Trickster
I don't know... Just tell us!

Kael
sorry! don't have a clue how we can get out. embarrasment i lied embarrasment

unless there is a vent or summert on the walls we can pull away.

SpikeSpiegel
Nothing imediatly visable on the walls, floor or roof.

Kael
so the walls are just plain. sad

well it looks like we are going to be here for a while.

SpikeSpiegel
Don't worry, sometimes waiting is the best solution

SpikeSpiegel
Oh yeah, Version 3 of the rules is well on its way. I'll save it until we've finished this mission set and then maybe set up a training mission. You will all have to redo your characters (you'll still get the bonuses stick out tongue) as the system has pretty much completely changed

Kael
eek! cant wait.

however were stuck on this mission sad

SpikeSpiegel
Maybe you should check the things out closer, rather than have a quick look at them. wink

Kael
eek!

well i'll check out the walls, roof and floor again but in more detail big grin

what has happened to every one else?

SpikeSpiegel
I dunno, real-life.

OK, you begin to check the walls in detail. Which will of course take some time.

Trickster
Well, I'll check out the window and the bars/forcefield thing.

SpikeSpiegel
Everyone begins looking for a way out of the cell. After a few seconds, you all hear a large explosion and the ship suddenly comes to a halt out of hyperspeed. Everyone, including the guards is thrown forwards. Now, as the guards can't see the forcefield between the bars deactivates. The guards get up and look at each other.

"What was that?"
"I shall go and investigate"
One of the guards leaves the room on the other side of the bars...Time to break out

Trickster
steve will now try and kill the other guard (the one still with us)

SpikeSpiegel
You sneak up on him, slip your arm through the bar and break his neck. You now have time to look around both the cell and the room outside without worrying about him, he's not dead but you've got him in a hold.

Trickster
Wait a second. Is his neck broken, or is he still alive?

SpikeSpiegel
Still alive, unless you want otherwise

Kael
I think we should get the guard to let us out of here.

rusky
ok..everybody form up.by the door... steve, take the guard with u..make sure he can't scream or anything... I'll go check the next room...peeking through the door ofc..

SpikeSpiegel
You peek through the door and on the wall (just within reach if you stretch) are six hyroglyphacs that seem to stand out - Two owls, a slug, a feather, a vulture,and a sort of 'n' shape. They look like they can be pressed to open the door and let you out.

rusky
great... steve..."convince" our "friend" to press those things..

Trickster
Steve'll talk Goa'uld to the guard.
"Tell me, friend, what we do to get out!"

If he doesn't say anything, then Steve'll knee him in the back and force him to the floor.

SpikeSpiegel
The guard just grimances in a small bit of pain, he remains silent for a long time before saying "You shall never escape. If I don't tell you the code the nyou'll never escape" He grunts a laugh.

rusky
ok...we'll do this the hard way then... Andrei approaches the prisoner and grabs his symbiote, slowly pulling it out..

SpikeSpiegel
His symbiote's behind his armour so you can't reach it, he does have a zat gun on his belt though.

Kael
Grab the gun, then shot the keypad thingy.

SpikeSpiegel
Nothing...except for the guards grunting laughter again.

Trickster
Steve knocks the guard to the floor again, straddling him so he can't move.
"Hey, Kael, toss me my knife," he says menacingly.

Kael
I thought we had no wepons.

SpikeSpiegel
Yup, no weapons

rusky
k..shoot him with the zat...once....

SpikeSpiegel
He falls to the floor in pain...that shut him up.

rusky
"dammit.... tell us the correct order, and u might just live... our other team has allready managed to sabotage u'r engines and will be here soon enough. The only factor of this ecuation is u'r life....do u value it or not ?"

SpikeSpiegel
He doesn't say anything...and he seems oddly still

rusky
(hmm..spike...can we figure the buttons out ourselves ?)

Kael
Shot the keypad with the zat. You never know it could let us out of here.

SpikeSpiegel
You could, although that would take a while. I'm not sure (as two symbols are the same) but I think there are 120 different combinations. (If they were all different it would be 720)!

Trickster
I thought we could see our weapons in a pile?

SpikeSpiegel
No. I didn't say that. Did I? I apoligize if I did.

Trickster
No, you didn't.

I was just assuming, since we have the zat.(Obviously from the guard)

Okay, I have no idea what to do now in this situation.

Trickster
Steve checks the guys pulse.

Kael
"who ever has the Zat please give it me"

SpikeSpiegel
No sooner has the guard fallen to the floor than the doors open. A serpant guard enters, holding a zat in his hand. He sees the body on the floor and turns to close the door. He walks over to you and puts his helmet down.

The face is someone that Kael recognises, Pompey of the Tok'ra.

Trickster

SpikeSpiegel
Just waiting for Kael to post his response, then I'll continue.

rusky
tok'ra ? cool....see ? told him there'd be a second team big grin

Kael
"hey, Glad to see a happy face. Pompey let us out of here" pause for a while then ask's"what are you doing here?"

SpikeSpiegel
Huh, what happened? I posted on Monday, but it's dissappeared...odd.

Pompey moves over to the symbols on the wall and presses:

Owl, Vulture, Owl, Worm, Feather, Hook

As he does so he says "M...E...M...P...H...I...S" The door's bars slip up allowing you to escape. "I am here to keep an eye on the system lord here. He is said to have been formulating a plan to overthrough Anubis and take over all that was once his. He plans to create a bomb fused with naquda, place it in a cargo ship and send it to Anubis' ship. Doing so...when the bomb is complete...would destroy not only the ship, but everything near it - including Earth. I've tried my best to prevent the completion of the bomb, but I have failed. We must get off the ship at once!"

Mission Objectives

Escape
Retrieve the GDO
Arm yourselves

By the way, you weren't expected to open the door - just to clear the room.

Trickster
Ah. That makes sense.

So new objective, stop the ship?

"Alright then friend, you lead. We've not done too well by ourselves," Steve says.

SpikeSpiegel
No, the ship stopped, that's why you all flew forwards.

"Is youir friend alright?" Pompey asks indicating the still uncontious Marxus

Trickster
No, I mean stop the transport ship with the bomb?

"Um, I'm not sure. I'll carry him."

Steve bends over and heaves Marxus onto his shoulders.

SpikeSpiegel
Oh right, that makes sense.

"I would suggest leaving him here," Pompey says heartlessly, "He doesn't seem like he's going to survive this. We need to move quickly if we're going to get off this ship alive."

rusky
We're not leaving anyone behind....let's go....

SpikeSpiegel
"If you insist...but he is Asgard - he can easily be cloned." Pompey says moving to the door and peeking out to make sure it's clear.

Trickster
"Maybe we should just leave him. How much of him do we need to clone him, Pompey?"

SpikeSpiegel
"I don't know, a few skin cells should be enough. Now we have to move, I have a very bad feeling about this"

Trickster
Pulling out a medkit, Steve pricks Fire's finger, taking the blood into a testtube.
"Alright, let's go!"

rusky
"Hate to do this.... let's go then..."

SpikeSpiegel
"OK" Pompey says moving towards the door. Several guards - of various guises run past, not even glancing at the open door...they seem to be scared

Trickster
"What the hell have you done, Pompey?" Steve asks.

Kael
"i dont really see the point in grabing some of his skin cells" he turns to pompey " where abouts will the GDO be held?"

SpikeSpiegel
"I don't know. It could be anywhere!" Pompey replies, he then turns to Steve and says " I have done nothing. I am as lost as you are as to what is happening."

Kael
"shall we go in the same direction the guards are running in"

rusky
where would they hold our stuff ? in an armoury of sorts ?

SpikeSpiegel
Shouts and screams from the direction that the guards ran in can be held - maybe not such a good idea.

And checking an armory would be the best idea, if they don't have your stuff there then you could take more.

rusky
then let's run in the other direction..

Kael
"sounds good to me, to the armory...."

Trickster
Steve starts running away from the screams,
"Sounds like a bloody civil war down there!"

SpikeSpiegel
Behind you a Jaffa's body flies back into the wall. A blast mark breaking the armor on his chest.

"This does not seem good!" Pompey says as more Jaffa run from a corridor behind you towards the dead body.

rusky
Idd....andrei says as he accelerates big grin

SpikeSpiegel
idd?

rusky
u know...indeed....let's run big grin

Trickster
"Ruuuun!" screams Steve... wink

SpikeSpiegel
You run down the corridor to a turning left, following that you reach another turning this time right. At the end of this corridor you can see a crossroads, which way to go?

rusky
"left, wink"

Trickster
Steve heads left. stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
Just waiting for Kael

Kael
choices, i'll go left.

SpikeSpiegel
Pompey runs right stick out tongue

As you notice he's gone round the corner turning left you go round a corner right (if that makes any sense). Ahead on you are three guards, they turn around to see you and raise their staffs (remember you have no armour so getting hit is really going to hurt)

rusky
uh...OH.... hmm... if we keep running, can we reach them before they open fire ?

SpikeSpiegel
You could, although they don't seem about to fire just yet.

The middle one shouts out "Freeze!"
The left one says "You will pay for what you've done!"

Trickster
Can we get back t'other way?

SpikeSpiegel
Not without getting shot. Which one of you has the Zat?

rusky
that was what I was about to ask u big grin

SpikeSpiegel
Kael has the zat

Kael
*scratches head* i remember asking for it, did'nt relaise someone gave it me. Oh well........ i will be able to take on 3 guards confused

SpikeSpiegel
You could try evil face

Kael
I dont like that face.
Well we dont really have any other choice, or do we....
oh.. the hell with it, i'll fire my zat at one of the guards.....

SpikeSpiegel
You shoot one of the guards who falls over in pain, the other two raise their staffs more and their fingers move in on the triggers (By that I mean the switchy things that make them fire). It seems like the end...

....until their bodies suddenly convulge (I'm sorry if this isn't spelt right sad) in a blue lightning and they fall to the floor. Pomey is stood behind them. "Come on! We've got to get the hell out of here!" He shoots the bodies another time so they die and runs back around the corner behind him.

rusky
Man, he's good.... big grin.... let's go...

Kael
i'll follow him around the corner.

SpikeSpiegel
There is a door on your left and another turning on your far right.

rusky
where did pompey go ?

Kael
kael turns to his to left go through the door.

SpikeSpiegel
He's stood with you. You go through the door (as does Pompey) into another stairway. Some Jaffa have just run down one of the rampways, not noticing you at all.

rusky
I assume pompey knows where he's going so we should all follow him..

Kael
"i think we should head downwards"

SpikeSpiegel
"Wait." Pompey says moving to one of the walls, he looks at it and puts his finger on one of the rows of hyroglyphs, looking again he puts his other hand on another row. "Armoury's two floors down" He says moving towards the downwards ramp.

rusky
"Excellent"

Kael
"Down the ramp(s) it is" walking slowly down them

SpikeSpiegel
See isn't it useful to have someone who can read hyroglyphics. stick out tongue

rusky
(actually I DID look the signs up, and I was pretty close but I seem to have mistaken the I for an F...big grin)

SpikeSpiegel
I used some on-line translater, just input memphis and wrote a description of the output. stick out tongue

rusky
(just bring them hyeroglyphs on then stick out tongue)

SpikeSpiegel
You all race on down the stairs, you pass one floor with a door at either side. The floor below has one door facing the ramp you're coming down. Two guards emerge, both of whom fall to the floor from Pompey's Zat fire. "Come on!" He yells back to you three, indicating the urgent need for haste.

rusky
"Move, move, move!"

Kael
"Why are we always in a hurry" begins to run towards pompey

SpikeSpiegel
You run through the corridor, dead bodies lie far infront of you, huge blast marks on their chests. Some have large, deep cuts in their bodies. Pompey hits a switch on the wall and a door opens behind some pillars.

"Quick, grab some Zat's and T.E.R's and let's get the H*** out of here!" Pompey runs in and grabs one of the T.E.R's

Kael
Finally get the weapon ive been after.
"Pompey do you think we will be fighting the Re'tu?"grabs T.E.R

For thos who dont know about a T.E.R.
T.E.R = Transphase Eradication Rod: detects objects operating in the light spectrum 180 degrees out of phase of human vision.

SpikeSpiegel
"That is my assumption, that explosion that destroyed the hyperdrive gerarator was one of I don't know how many that were meant to destroy the ship. For some reason it went off early. We need to hurry, and get off this ship before the others go off."

On one of the table-type objects in the room is your equipment, and the GDO

rusky
I grab my mp5k.... vest and everything else...

Btw.. TER's ? weren't these things used to see those bug-like invisible things ?

SpikeSpiegel
Yup, those are the Rhetu or however you spell their names...who also just so happen to be on this ship

Kael
Where is this ship going?

SpikeSpiegel
It was going to Earth, but now it's 'Dead in the water' if you will.

rusky
Are we going to fly off it with those glider things ?

SpikeSpiegel
Maybe shifty Or maybe one of those cargo ships shifty

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to delay anything else until next tuesday. My new PC's been mucking around and not booting up and so I've got to send it in to Dell for them to fix, which is going to take a week. And as all my stuff's at home and my bag's already full I can't do it at college. Thankfully next Tuesday my PC will (hopefully) be up and running like a super-charged durecell bunny stick out tongue

rusky
laughing out loud good luck.. smile

(what cargo ships ? blink )

SpikeSpiegel
Those ones that sare sort of this shape:
__
/__)

Sorta...

rusky
(oh yeah )

SpikeSpiegel
I guess I can slowly edge the story forwards, until we get to the first (of a few big) battles.
In other news, version 3 is almost done. I'll let you guys test it out soon to see what you think. You will all have to re-make your characters though, but it should be the last major update.
Those who are interested, the way this story is set out is that the mission 1.X set is sort of like a pilot to a larger group of missions. The next group will have names instead of numbers and will be structured sort of like the TV series', with each mission being seperate but having a main plot connecting them. I'm not going to let out any of the story that I've got planned, but I will say that it and the new rule set are *insert that word that means 'dependent on each other' here*
Finally, I just found out that there is a SG-1 board game, which if I had known I could have maybe got and used their rules instead of making them up myself.

AcrypT
lol, only now I notice that this is a Stargate RPG and all this time I was wondering how no one started one. It seems like you guys are comming to some kind of ending so please count me in the next one you guys start. I loved the movie and series Stargate so RPing in one should be fun.

SpikeSpiegel
Will do.

K, everyone I'm back now so let's get this show on the road - by which I mean a jailbreak like none seen before - except maybe on the tv series stick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>