Getting to know those on the Anime/Manga Forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
A noat to WINDDANCER and fellow friends
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well,I know there a get to know you board,but what about here?I want to get to know all of my fellow anime fans specifically.Wind,hopefully this thread is alright with you...I really hope so....*begs Wind to keep thread*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started on here on KMC anime forums about 5 months ago.I know that means im quite the newbie(but concidering my post count...ol)

I'v made enemies with nearly half this board,as well as very very good friends.Most likey,I am the most hated person on this board for my arrogance and rudeness.

I remember making the Harry Potter and LOTR doujinshi club,and making some of my best friends here,Koorime Yume,ShinobiPrincess(who we haven't seen in a long time),and B.O.P Recruit.I remember when the forums were more scattered,and there were very few "offical threads".There was no real mod,so the place was a fun but confusing mess.Sometimes,I miss the "old days" of 5 months ago,but I feal very at home here now.

Anyway,sence i'v been here,theres been really no way of meeting my fellow fans.Sure,theres the HP and LOTR club,but members are slim...so..

Why not all get a chance to know eachother here?It would make this place alot more unified and home-ish.What do you all think?Are you ready to introduce yourself formally?

Ill start.

Hi,my name is Lexi.Im 14 years old,and a first year in highschool.My favorite animes are Midori No Hibi,Angel Sanctuary,Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne,and Fushigi Yuugi.I like making avatars,going to movies,hanging with friends,singing in choir,drawing,reading,and walking around town.Im generally over opinionated and loud.It takes me awile to warm up to people,but I become very friendly once you get to know me.I am very policical and generally take the unpopular idea in arguments.

So guys,let me get to know you,as fellow anime forumers.

BlackHatDefect
poke

Jace_Rave
Hey! I'm Josh. 16 years old. I'm a sophmore in High School. I live in Wisconin. I like drawing anime and manga. I love watching anime and reading manga. Some of my favorites are Hellsing, Wolf's Rain, Fushigi Yugi, Steel Angel Kurumi, Full Metal Panic, and many others. Right now I'm reading the Steel Angel Kurumi, Ai Yori Aoshi, Battle Vixens, .Hack//Legend of the Twilight, Mahoromatic, and Fruits Basket mangas. I work at a grocoery store. And I really enjoy doing the forum site thing! big grin

Reborn Again
Rod. 28. Nice to meet ya.

BlackHatDefect
Ohh yeeeh!*boom shaka laca*

I got replys!

WindDancer
Good thread! Here is mine:

Hello I'm Danny and I'm 28 years old. I work for a Cable TV Communications Office. I been working here for almost 6 years now and I'm working on my Business degree in Management. I started watching Anime since I was 7 and I'm love the Old School anime tv shows. I also love movies, my favorite genres are Spaghetti Westerns, Old School Kung Fu movies, Samurai flicks, and Horror. I join KMC back in Nov. 2003 and in June of 2004 Raz appointed me moderator of the Anime forum which became what we now know as Anime/Manga.

Nice to meet you all and any questions or comments are always welcome just pm and I'll be glad to help. You guys can call me Danny or WD which ever you prefer.

smile

BlackHatDefect
WOW Danny(seems weird to not call you Wind)I had no idea you were so old(ok..not old old but older than most of the people here)

How did you end up as Mod anyway ne?

Koorime Yume
lets see now....Im 13, goin on 14 in december. I joined KMC in Feburary 2004. Its been really fun, and I made a bunch of kewl friends :HI FRIENDS!!! ^.^: Im in 8th grade, quite around people, but can be really loud around friends and family. most of my friends are online actully, with like my one friend Laura being one of the few that I havent met online. I love to read, write, and draw. I even have a deviant art account, go check it out here http://koorimeyume.deviantart.com/ . I even met my boyfriend on KMC ^.^
I first started watching anime when Sailor Moon started on like UPN or somthin. Then I went on through the stuff on Toonami, and Adult Swim, which i LOVE! I like a lot of Rumiku Takahashis stuff :i know black-chans gagin right now:, Yu Yu hakusho, practicly everthing CLAMP, Excel Saga, FLCL, and a bunch of others, a lot that I wana start soon.
Besides from anime, I like american cartoons, like Invader Zim (GIR RULES!), Ed Eddn Eddy, and Spongebob. heh big grin Hot Topics my fav store, and i love The Nightmare Before Chirstmas.
soooo...yah..i guess thats it....O.O....MONKEY DANCE!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

encryptedenigma
my turn..

Hello, My name is Jason i am 24 and live in miami florida, During the week i am a Graphic Designer for Advertising, and on the weekends i am an Alligator wrestler at Everglades Alligator Farm (Not a joke, i really do). I have been into Japanime since i was about 6 or 7 years old back in the day of the orignal Transformers, Thundercats and others. I am a die hard anime fan.. with the largest anime collection of any of my friends or ppl i know in the hobby.. Some of my favs are Roruoni Kenshin, Ninja scroll, Evangelion and way to many more to list.. I also take part in Kendo and Akido, Anime is a major part of my life.. it provides an escape for me from real life.. I love that i can completely lose myself in anime.. I don't think i will ever grow out of it.. lots more i could say but i guess you all get who i am, as i share many similarites with most of you

BlackHatDefect
*shiny shiny*Ohh wow!!!!!My hero!!!Your so amazing Jason(I really hope to learn everyone's names)

Your doing some great stuff with your life
*idol worship*

Phoenix Aska
Sup people? My name is Aska and I skate and am 17 yrs old...uhhhh I play video games and watch anime when I'm not skating.... and I have a question.....why do most video games based on animes suck in all ur opinions?

Darth Revan187
most hated huh? i am pretty sure i can snatch that title from you

Phoenix Aska
I'll take that bet and say that Revan can take that title

BlackHatDefect
Aww I donno>_<

Give me some examples my friend(I haven't actually seen you here before,im pretty unobservant)

Phoenix Aska
Eh???I'm lost...give u some examples of what???

songbirdforever
Hi, my name is Natashia/
I am twenty-four years old. My passion is singing. I love to draw, I love art period.
I have a pet cocatiel. I watch anime read manga. i like chuck
norris. :drool: and am having trouble keeping the bird off of my keyboard.She will try to chew up anything.

Phoenix Aska
I had a cockatiel one time....until a window was kept open...can urs talk? Mine was able to say a few phrases...hearing birds talk is funny

Darth Revan187
Hi my name is Jordan, I eat birds.

songbirdforever
She can say pretty bird, sexy bird, and thats about it. I had another one down in louisiana that i was going to send for but he died in the care of some of -my family,not that i'm blaming them.

songbirdforever
Jordan go stuff yourself in a hole and don't come out.

Phoenix Aska
Awesome awesome....how long have u had ur bird for?

Darth Revan187
Are you kidding me? I just got outta one.

Phoenix Aska
what??U just got outta one what?

songbirdforever
The you should have never come out from hiding. Do us all a favor gggggooooo back.

Koorime Yume
god good im lost O.O u all went from why video games turned to anime suck or somthin to getting out of birds.

Darth Revan187
Hey I don't want trouble

Koorime Yume
psha, i dont care. randomness is what makes the world go roud, or blow up.

Phoenix Aska
Randomness keeps these forums alive anyways....

Darth Revan187
haha no not getting outta birds, it's all on the 1st page if you wish to read it

Jace_Rave
that or...bumps

Koorime Yume
yah. probably half of these threads would be dead if it werent for randomness

Jace_Rave
(insert randomness of ur choice)

Phoenix Aska
Darth Revan I'm coming out of the closet in a few...hold on a lil longer....Songbird...I'm taking those lil steps now...look at me go!

Koorime Yume
yee ha

Phoenix Aska
OoO..family guy is on!!!It's the best one where Stewie goes into Peter's body and destroys all the sperm and fights his lil brother!

Koorime Yume
LOVE that one! what channel are u wathin it on?

Phoenix Aska
Heh...the cartoon network channel....at least it's on adult swim....

Koorime Yume
ooo..time difference. damn. skewl sucks, cant watch any adult swim during the week.

Silver Stardust
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm Alana, I'm 18 and a freshman in college. I've been a serious anime fan for 5 years now, and I prefer subtitled anime over dubs big grin I cosplay and go to anime conventions (Anime Reactor's in a week and a half, you gonna be there BlackHat?), and my group took second place for best skit at Anime Central in May. I'm also a huge fan of video games (Final Fantasy in particular), Star Wars, the Matrix, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter happy I don't really post in the anime/manga forums too much, though...

songbirdforever
phoenix ididn't know you were hiding in a closet. What were you doing there to begin with?

Phoenix Aska
I was lost.....

Koorime Yume
what is it with people and closets.... hey stardust, welcom ^.^

songbirdforever
How did you get lost in a closet? You can't be blind. otherwise you wouldn't have noticed songo in all of her drunken glory.

Phoenix Aska
Yup Yup....can't be blind....I'm just special...yeah that's it

songbirdforever
special in what way i wonder. I'm guessing your excuse will be that you were distracted by her erethial beauty that you became lost in a closet

Phoenix Aska
oOo...thats a good execuse....so I'll take it...I was totally distracted by her erethial beauty...

Darth Revan187
Sadly he can never leave the closet because he is just a coat hanger.

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha....yes that is right...I am the magical coat hanger

songbirdforever
HOW QUAINT
Darth Raven the animal abuser calling Phoenix Aska a coat hangger. It could be true, but I'm sticking perv. until pa can eventually set himself free

songbirdforever
Stick a with inbetween sticking and perv. Sorry for any gramatical errors

Darth Revan187
i am not an animal abuser.
midgets dont count as animals right?

Phoenix Aska
why are ya calling me a pervert? Maybe u already told me and I forgot...

songbirdforever
It's okay. You know I could take you to a place the would everything alright again. They couuld h e l p you

Phoenix Aska
I think u tried to say that u could take me to a place then everything would be all right again.....if that is what u said...I don't need help...I'm fine alone in the closet...until the sun goes down.

Darth Revan187
huh? you lost me

Reborn Again
Another feather in your cap, eh? Sorry, mouth. stick out tongue

Phoenix Aska
Hahahahaha.....Do u eat birds raw or cooked ?

Darth Revan187
hmm funny

Phoenix Aska
That is kinda dumb....everybody eats chicken or turkey right??? Or should I say damn vegetarians!!! Eat something with flavor!!!

songbirdforever
You make me laugh.
so what happens when the sun goes down?
Living in a closet isn't very healthy. You'll end up looking like one of those goblins or trolls in lord of the rings

Phoenix Aska
A smeagle!!!! No, no that's not me....birdforever...I think we're pissing some people off...read the inuyasha thread

Phoenix Aska
YES!!! Black Hat defect I'm gonna catch up to u and be the most hated on the forum..

songbirdforever
Why do you want to be the most hated?

Phoenix Aska
Beats me....ya know that's a good question...I guess it's just to compete with that BlackhatDefect person and darth Revan...it's always good to have competition for something....

songbirdforever
Ya know there can be only one. On you way to the top you just may meet someonthat will chew you up and spit you out. Where are you left then

Phoenix Aska
I'm left back down at the bottom to try and go up again

BlackHatDefect
WOW!Im really glad this is being used(it was dying awile ago)

Phoenix Aska
Don't worry about it BlackHatDefect

BlackHatDefect
As for being the most hated,I never try,but it happends so so much its almost funny!
I am just very anal and a control freak..not to mention an elitist(and my English isn't very good)

That and I tend to voice my opinions far to loud>_<

Phoenix Aska
Hahaha....well thats a good thing that u voice ur opinions out loud that way people can hear u....besides..it'so argue with people....

BlackHatDefect
Ohh and I just adore debating.I was on the debate team for awile,but it was formal so it wasn't very fun...

Phoenix Aska
A formal debate team??? What kind of crap is that???

BlackHatDefect
strange crap(hold on,b back in about 30 min)

Phoenix Aska
Huh??? What kind of strange stuff?

BlackHatDefect
You asked what kind of crap that it was.

Phoenix Aska
OoO yeah...the uhhh (formal) debtaes...that would be so boring

BlackHatDefect
Its a real snore,and most of the time we were"learning how to argue".If I didn't know how to aruge,why the HELL would I be there!

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha...I think every kid knows how to argue by the time they are at least 6 years old and can form a sentence....

songbirdforever
I would say it depends on the debates.
It's only boring if the subject doesn't intrest you.

BlackHatDefect
Well,argue well then.

Phoenix Aska
I guess it does depend on the debate....but damn, with someone trying to teach u how to argue...that is pretty lame.

BlackHatDefect
Yeh it is...and its mega boring*recites from book*"The first 5 steps of a good argument are...."

Phoenix Aska
hahahaha....what are the first five steps in a good argument??? I'm guessing first arguing against someone who is a good arguer....whoa...that sounds dumb...

BlackHatDefect
Yeh,its a real pill.

So question ne,what anime do you like(you being here and all)

songbirdforever
hi it's me

BlackHatDefect
Hi me,what to talk about ne?

songbirdforever
whats ne

big gay kirk
Hello everybody... Big Gay Kirk coming at you... I'm 35 years old, and I've been an anime fan since "Marine Boy" in the seventies, but the turning point came when I won a comp to see the very first ever showing of Akira in London... it blew me away then, although compared to stuff I've seen since, it has paled a bit... faves include Evangelion, Blue Gender, Perfect Blue, Black Jack, Big O, and of course Destry.... as a Scout leader I have plenty of oppurtunity to meet japanese Scouts, and trade stuff with them... what I particularly like about Anime is the whole Japanese approach to animation... where the Americans make a movie using drawn actors, the Japanese take a comic strip and make it move... genius... but then I am a bit of a Nipponophile....

Phoenix Aska
hey BlakckHatDefect, whats ne? u have said that twice now....

songbirdforever
i don't think she is online

Phoenix Aska
Nopes...there would be a light bulb under her name to the left....

MarshmeloKudama
hey guys guess wat im great and im strong!! jk

Darth Revan187
Hmm you sound familiar

MarshmeloKudama
do i now??

MarshmeloKudama
i thought u liked sango??

songbirdforever
Darth raven
do you know that you sound like sessh. whin or in the way you write sometimes?

MarshmeloKudama
but hes inuyasha

Darth Revan187
Do I now?
It's small things like this that make me happy to be alive.

MarshmeloKudama
wats that apose to mean?

Phoenix Aska
Darth Revan means that u are very amusing

songbirdforever
you poor poor soul
there's still time to save you

Phoenix Aska
who are u talking to songbirdforever?

Darth Revan187
In answer to your question reguarding Sango, I believe thats Phoenix Aska who is obsessed with her.

songbirdforever
I was talking to darth raven
why do you never go back to look
and again i say i thought you were gone

Phoenix Aska
oOo.... hahahaha...U need help Darth Revan.....I was gone for a little while...just don't worry about it....

Darth Revan187
Save me from what? I see no threat.

Phoenix Aska
neither do I but songbird said u need to be helped....

songbirdforever
should i take that as an insult

songbirdforever
HEY WAIT A MINUTE. NO THREAT? ICAN BE A THREAT. In person

Phoenix Aska
Should u take what as an insult?

BlackHatDefect
Isn't therea another place to talk about0_0Inuyasha???

Phoenix Aska
oOo thats right...ur anti-inuyasha huh BlackHatDefect?

Silver Stardust
I don't like Inuyasha either...I like shoujo anime happy

Hey, Black-chan, are you going to Anime Reactor next weekend?

songbirdforever
me helping darth raven that was the insult?

Phoenix Aska
how can u consider u helping Darth Revan an insult???

songbirdforever
woa that one went over your head it was sacastic joke

Phoenix Aska
oOo...I thought u were just another person that didn't like him and really would take helping him or being compared to him as an insult....

songbirdforever
What is it with you wanting me to help people
all i said was that he needed help
no i dont dislike him anymore but i'm not particullary fond of him
one day i might even be nice to him
and to you (yeah like that'll happen)

Phoenix Aska
Whoever said I wanted u to help people in the first place?

songbirdforever
First it was you then you decided to i was wanting to help darth
lesson 2 read your previous messages

Phoenix Aska
But I told u that I didn't need ur help....

songbirdforever
after you asked for it.
Was making a point
don't let your feathers get ruffled

Caboose
man ppl are almost as crazy in here as the off topic forum

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha.....that reminds me on dragonball gt when Goku and Vegeta were fighting the Omega dragon Goku said ,"hey Vegeta don't let him ruffle our fur." for some reason I think that's funny....

songbirdforever
What am i going to do with you

Phoenix Aska
hey...it was kind of on the subject of what u were talking about....when Goku and Vegeta go SSJ4 they have fur all over their bodies...

Darth Revan187
Dragon Ball GT was stupid,
it was a failed effort to keep the DB series alive

Phoenix Aska
yup yup...there was a rumor of dragonball alternate future...but that is never gonna show up....pictures of Goku with like Silver hair and that electricity around him made it look pretty kool....it would be all right to watch..maybe if they killed Goku for good.....

Shadow_Fox
Hello other anime ppl persons! big grin

Phoenix Aska
Hello other anime person.....

Shadow_Fox
Lol, I'm just hyper sorry. So what anime do you enjoy?

songbirdforever
hi shadow fox. i like fushigi yuugi, asashita no ceres tenchi myuo sailor moon ramna 1/2 inuyasha the manga the cursed sword
what about you

songbirdforever
as for u pheoenix lesson a
me lesson b

Shadow_Fox
If I were to list all of them, I'd probably take up a whole page... I like a lot of anime I've seen about 634 different series of anime...
Manga I'd have to say cursed sword, RAGNAROK, Girl Got Game, Vampire Game, Captain Tsubasa, and uh... Sand Coral big grin

Phoenix Aska
What is lesson A??? Did u ever mention that? AND has anybody ever seen an anime called Goldenboy before? That was hilarious...the dude had a lipth and everything!!!Anybody know how many episodes there are of it?Hopefully more than 6....

Darth Revan187
Hahaha Aska,
Golden Boy was ridiculously horrible, only that one episode was funny where his arm turns into the you know what.

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha....but it was so funny....it was like so dumb that it was funny....the first time I watched that I couldn't stop lughing....

BlackHatDefect
Ohhb OHHH what does we like?Ok

My favorites are
Midori No Hibi,Angel Sanctuary,Boys Next Door,Ludwig,Kaine,Lawful Drug,Fushigi Yuugi,Fruits Basket,Rayearth,Kimi Shika Iranai,Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne,Full Moon Wo Sagashite,Gundam Seed,Utena,Evangelion,Hana Yori Dango,Parfeit Tic,Kimi Go Nozomu Eien,XXX Holic,Detective Conan,ECT.anyone with simmilar tastes ne?

songbirdforever
You already know that i like fushigi yuugi I know i'd lie rayearth but i havent been able to watch it yet. I love utena. seen the movie yet?anid i like konan

songbirdforever
shadow fox i hate you or in other words i'm so jealous

Phoenix Aska
Damn...shadowfox has seen alot of animes...got any time to do anything else?

BlackHatDefect
Utena the movie*drools*one of mankinds other most amazing creations..its probably got the best art in all of anime(all glossy and beautiful)
http://www.frameline.org/festival/26th/images/RevolutionaryGirl.jpg
http://www.newfestival.org/images/data/NF_FILM/graphic/457.JPG
http://www.tokyoland.de/Newtype799/utena-movie2.jpg
http://www.tokyoland.de/Newtype799/utena-movie1.jpg

Its not in the pics,but the night rosegarden scene(with the sythe)was sooo godly,best scene in the movie!

Phoenix Aska
oOo...I've seen that show before....that is pretty awesome!!!

BlackHatDefect
Yeh it is!Its so artsy and complex,definatly my thing*ohh that and Utena is to hot*The pink headed chick*

Phoenix Aska
Utena looks funny looking in some pictures....not like the ones u posted up above...but ones in magazines that I have seen...

BlackHatDefect
HMMMMMMMMMMM......awwell.Shes generally hot*heart bubbles*

songbirdforever
I loved the movie too but I didn't exactly understand it. The end especially. Did touga die on utena? If she and anthy wern't in the real world where were they

help

BlackHatDefect
The movie was actually a spinoff,and had nothing to do with the series.

In this spinoff,Touga and Utena were childhood friends(and potential lovers)Touga downd one day trying to save Utena(I believe)and Utena was in sucha starte of shock,she tricked herself into believing her was still alive and had survived.Only in the elevator did she realize she was lying to herself,and let the illision of"her prince"melt into a memory.
Where exactally Utena and Anthy were is all about interpritation.I believe they were in a dream worldso to speak.That world was representling how people try to block out reality(remember you couldn't leave or get in)Again,its all interpritation,but this is my fealings.

Phoenix Aska
Heh...lots of movies based on animes are spin-offs...it's kind of funny ho they confuse lots of people....

trunkslover
im kagome *well every one calls me that* im16 a joinor in high school and have a unhelthy obsession with trunks and inuyasha. in my time im not worshiping them im drawing or writing poetry. so any body who has any comments let me here them.plz be nice.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>