Superman dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF D00m
www.drudgereport.com

R.I.P.

Mr Zero
oh crap.

Much as I hate it when people get mawkish over celebs ... that bums me out.

BadKitty
wow that really sucks...I can't believe it sad

pr1983
r.i.p. he was a legend

Ronny
cry rip

TheFilmProphet
Absolutely.

TheFilmProphet
Christopher Reeve, Actor in `Superman' Movies, Dies at Age 52

Oct. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Christopher Reeve, the ``Superman'' actor who was paralyzed in a fall from a horse nine years ago, died yesterday of heart failure. He was 52.

Reeve fell into a coma after going into cardiac arrest two days ago, and died at the Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco, New York, without regaining consciousness, his publicist Wesley Comb said in a statement.

The actor, who was born Sept. 25, 1952, in New York City, became famous for his role as the superhero who goes through life as newspaper reporter Clark Kent. Reeve played Superman in four movies, from 1978 through 1987.

After he broke his neck in the 1995 riding accident, Reeve became involved in promoting research to treat spinal-cord injuries. He appeared on television shows, including CNN's ``Larry King Live,'' to discuss his condition and medical developments that he hoped would one day let him walk again.

Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry last week cited Reeve as a supporter of controversial stem-cell research while debating with President George W. Bush. At a press conference last year, Reeve said it was unsettling how politics has stood in the way of medical research in the U.S.

In 2002, Reeve helped set up the Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center in New Jersey to help provide information for paralyzed people and those caring for them.

Reeve also remained active as an actor, and in 1999 he received a Screen Actors Guild Award for his role as Jason Kemp in a television remake of ``Rear Window.'' He also received a Grammy award for his spoken album ``Still Me.''

Reeve is survived by his parents, Barbara Johnson and Franklin Reeve, his brother Benjamin Reeve, his wife Dana and their son Will, as well as by two children from a former relationship, Matthew and Alexandra.

Morridini
A great loss.
R.I.P Reeves.

OB1-adobe
This was rather unexpected. When the hell did he lose all of his hair? If you guys look, a lot of people are reporting about some conference he did just last week, and judging by the pictures he really looked like hell. All of his hair and eyebrows were gone, and his his eyes looked really concaved. I wonder if something else was wrong with him.

TheFilmProphet
Well he did suffer an infection just before he died. As for the hair, he lost it a while ago but he wore a wig whenever he was on TV like Smallville. I will miss him.

TheFilmProphet
ABC 20/20 Tribute to Christopher Reeve Tonight!
Source: ABC
October 11, 2004

ABC has announced it will be showing a special 20/20 tribute to the one and only Superman, Christopher Reeve, tonight:

Barbara Walters hosts a special 20/20 tribute to Christopher Reeve, featuring some of the most memorable moments from Walters' interviews with Reeve and his incredible legacy. The special airs tonight at 8 p.m. ET and following Monday Night Football on the West Coast.

Don't miss this special look at one of the most incredible persons to have ever lived.

TheFilmProphet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.