Was Vader Sincere?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
In ESB, Vader tells luke "Join me, and together we can end this destructive conflict and rule the galaxy as father and son."
Do you think that this was a genuine offer that Vader would have upheld or not? Vader tells luke that he can destroy the emperor, so do you think that he was trying to get rid of the emperor, or was it all just a trick to try to get luke to follow him?

Natch
I think it would be atrick to make Luke think he could have a lot of power but in the end,The Emporer would of killed Vader and made luke his main man.

Jerico
Nar i think it was sincere, im sure Vader wanted to then overthrow the Emperor with Luke, hence the main argument for the 'conflict' that Luke sensed

Natch
yes but,I think empoer would of killed vader before him and luke had a chance to kill him.

Jerico
I would imagine Vader and Luke would have been capable of overpowering Palpatine, personally smile

mephistodesigns
Especially since they kinda did in ROTJ. That's why the Emperor said "he could destroy us". He sensed that Luke could beat him, but he didn't understand what that meant. I doubt he thought it meant Luke would turn Vader back to the light.

I think he was sincere in the rule as Father and Son, but with him as the Father, it's almost implied Luke will follow him. But they'd be together, they could destroy the Emperor, and be Sith together. One sick evil- but happy- Sith family.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.