Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Any of you guys played the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith Games before?

What do you think about them?

Boris
Good very good..... Academy was a bit meh though

OB1-adobe
Right now I'm playing Dark Forces on the Ps1. It's okay if you can get passed the 1st generation 1st person shooter graphics.

Eöl Moriedhel
laughing
Dark Forces was classic.

OB1-adobe
Yeah it's definetley old school. Did you find it difficult or easy?

SnakeEyes
Jedi Outcast was the best out of the JK names!
Katarn rules btw imo

tpaquin
Outcast was definitely a winner. Seeing the standups that they had of that gave me wonderful dreams, and playing teh actual game was no letdown.

When academy came around, I played the demo and instead opted to grap KOTOR which is on eof the best Star Wars games I've ever played.

Clai Keboa
Outcast was good, Academy was very very enjoyable (with the realistic saber combat cheat on that is...).
Dark forces was pure class for it's day.............

KOTOR - i just can't get into it. I'm just walking around Trask not knowing what i'm doing. Any help would be appreciated guys

Boris
Clia, Try all the doors you have to make your way to carth, it gets really good when you become a jedi smile

Ushgarak
Meh, I never found Kyle interesting. A cut down Han as a mercenary, and frankly emotionally useless as a Jedi. Outcast disappointed me somewhat; the sabre combat was just not as advertised- looked ok but simply was NOT the film-style simulation they said. Academy looked worse.

Clai Keboa
Brois,
I've gone all the way down to the sub levels and looked around. I've been into the cantinas. I'm getting bored with it, need to be a jedi soon

Koto K
Katarn is okay, but i find him to be a bit of a cut-and-paste job of other characters in the Star Wars universe. One part Han, one part Boba Fett, throw in a little Luke Skywalker, and there you go.

tpaquin
You need to be more specific.

And everythign changes as far as style and atmosphere on the next planet (Dantoine), plus, you become a jedi.

Ushgarak
To be honest, though, I found every other world less detailed and interesting than the first one... and they overdid the Jedi powers.

But hush, 'tis not the place to talk of KOTOR. Kyle Katarn is our man for to day and he... (falls asleep)

Sorry. He was ok in Jedi Knight; the filiming made some characterisation of him (frankly, I think filmed cutscenes like that have been underrated; the only other way to get decent characterisation like that is to spend decades doing top-notch cgi stuff, like they do in Final; Fantasy or all Blizzard games, which most people can't do; Outcast, Academy and KOTOR lacked that). But other than that he is entirely dull.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.