Dr Strange vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
I'm not sure if these two have faced off one-on-one. How would it go? cool

Mane
oooo...hmm id have to go with Thanos.

Krissy Von Doom
Didn't Dr Strange somehow block the Infinity Gauntlet's power once? And this is regular Thanos he's facing.

Mane
i know. i figured Thanos is much older, and has been around the black a few times. he would have a good shot.

crazyspinz
strange is tuff and all, but thanos is abit to powerfull, hes beaten guys with cosmic like surfer, im not sure about galactus, and the fallen one, he should be able to take strange

wrathofachilles
Strange couldn't block the IG powers because if he could the entire Infinity Gauntlet storyline would have been pointless. Thanos takes this pretty handily.

Beyonder
He did block it! If you read it, you'd know he stopped Nebula when she mad a wish with the IG. She then realized it was him and then binded him. As for this fight, Thanos is out of the boundary of Order & Chaos, challenged Odin. Thanos would take this.

norrin radd
thanos,no doubt here.

Katt
I'd go with Thanos. The guys been around for quiet some time.
In that time he had ought to be capable of stuff.

crazyspinz
stuff is and understatment

Krissy Von Doom
Oh well if he's capable of stuff it's over. Lol

eleveninches
Anybody could beat Dr Strange with the Heart of the universe or infinity gauntlet, so if it's normal thanos you're talking about, i think that strange might just be able to win.

Evangel94
Strange blocked the power of the IG one time.

Wonderman
How well would magic fair against Thanos. Will Dr. Strange's spells hold him.
I don't know all that much about Strange. Some guest appearences and a few comics is all. I've seen him on a couple adventures. He's usually up against some tough as nails opponents with really bad armies between Strange and the opponent.

Cosmic Cube
Thanos with no enhancements whatsoever? Only his normal powers right? If he has the Reality Infinity Gem he will definitely win. The Reality Infinity Gem has complete control over Magic. Otherwise, Dr. Strange wins. He's got too many magical resources.

Victor Von Doom
Can't see Strange pulling that trick off. Thanos is way too much.

long pig
thanos knows magic as well...no where near that of the good DR.
but yes...vics right...thanos is just too smart to allow dr S to win

kgkg
Thanos will win , and Stange knows this.

who?-kid
Doctor Strange should win, he's too versatile. He can use so much spells (crimson bands of Cytorrak, the so-called clamp of containment, he can teleport, is telepathic much stronger than one would think and can even - I think - manipulate time).

He can possess someone, is even much stronger in his astral form, can turn himself invisible, can create illusions and so on. He also has this extremely powerful psychological attack that even knocked back Galactus once - can't remember the name however.

He is the sorcerer supreme for a reason. And last but not least, he's used fighting powerhouses AND he's a very cunning character.

Cosmic Cube
Dr. Strange has a very good chance of beating Thanos. With the Ruby of Dominion, he could easily overcome Thanos's small-scale telepathy, and make Thanos do his bidding. With the Cloak of Levitation, Dr. Strange can achieve warp flight speeds. He also has the Book of the Vishanti. He knows just about every spell there is.

Victor Von Doom
We know the man has tools. I don't see him being victorious, although obviously it's not outsdie of the realms of possibility.

I don't see how Strange is more 'versatile' than Thanos, he has magical attacks- fin. Thanos is just about the most rounded character there is.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
We know the man has tools.
Yeah, that's like saying Bill Gates has some money.

That is only your opinion, nothing more.

Wonderman
Someone on another site said Strange can become the hearld of Eternity.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by who?-kid

That is only your opinion, nothing more.

Gold star for perception.

What else would you like from me other than reasoned opinion?

Although I'd like to hear which characters you feel have more all round tools than Thanos.

Cosmic Cube
heh, tools.

K Von Doom
Aside from being super smart and being super strong with cosmic power, Thanos isn't as versatile as Dr Strange, who can pretty much do anything with his spells.

Victor Von Doom
Do you understand the word versatile? Having many magic spells doesn't fulfil the definition as fully as someone like Thanos, if I may take the time-saving liberty:

'Known Superhuman Powers: Thanos possessed incalculable superhuman power. By far the most powerful of the Titanian Eternals, Thanos was a mutant whose massive, heavy-bided body was born with the capacity to synthesize cosmic energy for certain personal uses. (This is a trait that Thanos shared with his father Alars and all Earthborn Eternals but not with Titan-born Eternals. Through still unknown bionic amplification, Thanos increased his physical strength and resilience to levels surpassing even the strongest of the Earth Eternals. Through meditation and certain mystical techniques, Thanos augmented his power in still other ways, enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force. His skin in nearly invulnerable, particularly against heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, aging, and disease, and he can survive indefinitely without food or water even before his "curse" from Death left him immortal, unable to die. His mind is also invulnerable to most forms of psychic attack, and can project a psionic blast of energy as well as blasts of plasma/cosmic energy from his eyes and hands. He usually employs a hovering chair with additional offensive weapons and the ability to teleport fantastic distances. Deadliest of all Thanos's attributes, perhaps, was his mind, whose superhuman level of intellect was totally dedicated to the annihilation of life.'

Cosmic Cube
That's straight from Marvel, all of its true. Except for the first part. Hey, I thought Mentor was Thanos's father?

Victor Von Doom
I think it is.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
That's straight from Marvel, all of its true. Except for the first part. Hey, I thought Mentor was Thanos's father?
Alars = Mentor.

Cosmic Cube
Oh...

eleveninches
Dr Strange doesnt have as much magic ability as odin, and Thanos couldnt be beat by odin

Swanky-Tuna
My rule is you can't lose if you're too badass to walk under your own power.

who?-kid
Originally posted by eleveninches
Dr Strange doesnt have as much magic ability as odin
That is debatable.

That is highly debatable. You do realize Odin was having the upper hand during that fight ? Thanos was barely standing at the end.

eleveninches
But thanos still wasnt defeated

long pig
Thanos is one of the handful of guys under skyfather who could beat, or give trouble to Dr Strange.

Steve is allowed a minutes prep.

Who'd win?

long pig
Strange gets a day prep.

BENITO
yeah a day that'll make it fare

kgkg
Thanos wins

Tormentor_2004
Thanos. Strange doesnt have the strength Thanos has, and Thanos's Cosmic powers wont do him any good

long pig
I'm thinkin not.
I've never seen Thanos deal with a magician,he has little to no defense against magic.

You think he could handle feeling all the pain he's ever inflicted on someone else?

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by long pig
I'm thinkin not.
I've never seen Thanos deal with a magician,he has little to no defense against magic.

You think he could handle feeling all the pain he's ever inflicted on someone else?

um, Thanos will squash Dr. Strange. On the wizards list Strange doesnt even beat Surfer and Superman.

long pig
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
um, Thanos will squash Dr. Strange. On the wizards list Strange doesnt even beat Surfer and Superman.

Wizard's list didn't give him a day of prep, but I did.

As for Surfer, Strange has taken him out before, but he had prep.

Thanos have never faught anyone with Strange's amount of magical power and won.

He just has little to no defense against it.

who?-kid
Wizard's list didn't give him a day of prep, but I did.

As for Surfer, Strange has taken him out before, but he had prep.

Thanos have never faught anyone with Strange's amount of magical power and won.

He just has little to no defense against it.
I agree. Strange is just too resourceful imo. People tend to underestimate him because he's basically a nice guy, but that doesn't make him less powerful.

long pig
Could Thanos cosmic blasts go throught Stranges shield?

Dizzle
1 probly wouldn't... Enough would eventually take it down though. Strange can kill Thanos with a day of prep though. Thanos enjoys killing things, Strange has a convenient little spell for people like him.

long pig
I know, and it'd a biggy too.

I'm not sure it'd work though, because of Thanos' mental blocks.

whirlysplat
Thanos beats him, Thanos can't be killed because of death. The days prep might allow strange to come up with a atrategy. The best he can hope for is subduing Thanos in the short tem. Thanos would get revenge you can guarantee itbig grin

Keep the faith rock

long pig
Death took back his immortality, I believe.

whirlysplat
If this is true strange has a chance although you can guarantee in the Marvel Universe he would be brought back. Its not a good argument I grant you but its an honest one>

Keep the faith big grin

who?-kid
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Thanos beats him, Thanos can't be killed because of death. The days prep might allow strange to come up with a atrategy.
You don't have to kill someone to beat him. Immortal is not the same as invincible.

whirlysplat
big grinOriginally posted by who?-kid
You don't have to kill someone to beat him. Immortal is not the same as invincible.

Sentry
After losing to Strange in the Amaglam tournament, Strange could very well defeat Thanos. Props to longpig for the insight into Strange. Could go either way. 60/40 for Strange. Strange has taken on omnipotent beings like Dormammu and Shuma Gorath, imprisoned Galactus in the bands of Cyttorak which he could not escape from, this match will be a good one, but Strange will eventually come out on top. A lot of people underestimate Strange.

whirlysplat
Still give it to Thanos though big grinOriginally posted by Sentry
After losing to Strange in the Amaglam tournament, Strange could very well defeat Thanos. Props to longpig for the insight into Strange. Could go either way. 60/40 for Strange. Strange has taken on omnipotent beings like Dormammu and Shuma Gorath, imprisoned Galactus in the bands of Cyttorak which he could not escape from, this match will be a good one, but Strange will eventually come out on top. A lot of people underestimate Strange.

long pig
For all intents and purposes, Strange kinda....beat Galactus.
Sent him pretty much packing and afraid.
Steve made Galactus deal with all the lives he'd ever destroyed, and G' couldn't take it.

Surely if it worked on G' it'd work on Thanos.

whirlysplat
It might work on Thanos, but until I see it I believe Thanos will win, I don't really have an argument as to why on this beyond Thanos is Thanos.

By the way anyone been reading the strange mini by JMS one of the best comics around and a damn good update and retelling of the good Docs origin.

I guess DS has been done a lot of injustice over the years especially the TV movie, If your old enough to have seen it you'll know what I mean.

big grin

For all intents and purposes, Strange kinda....beat Galactus.
Sent him pretty much packing and afraid.
Steve made Galactus deal with all the lives he'd ever destroyed, and G' couldn't take it.

Surely if it worked on G' it'd work on Thanos. Keep the Faith rock

Mider
What Dr Strange Mini have you been reading??????????

long pig
It's a retelling of Strange's past.
Should be called Ultimate Strange....

Cosmic Flame
It's just called Strange. I enjoy it. Very Matrix-esque.

This would be a crazy fight. They are two of the most resourceful people in the MU.

Incidentally, Strange also has some type of resistance to death.

What the context? Weapons, artifacts? Thanos' teleporter makes him pretty tough. He's smart enough to never turn his back on Strange. And who knows? Strange might get a power boost not only from the magical pantheon, but the cosmic as well. I'm sure they'd all like to be rid of Thanos once and for all, and Strange is one of the very, very, very few people in the MU that has any chance.

And why is it that whenever Galactus fights someone he's never at full strength? Can someone please tell me that? And can someone explain to me when he is at full strength? I mean, he is essentially energy anyway...

golem370
Thanos is by far not "plain old Thanos"! You need to read up on Thanos. He's being very underestimated on some of these threads

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos is by far not "plain old Thanos"! You need to read up on Thanos. He's being very underestimated on some of these threads

Thanos is never underestimated.

Strange wins.

Sentry
Blocking the reality warping effects of the Infinity Gauntlet:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/strange148ak.png

Knocking Galactus down:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/strange106gv.png

With decent prep, could go either way. If Strange gets a lot of prep, he could take it.

Sentry
Strange probably will take it more often than Thanos.

long pig
Never saw this....evil face

Twice. Once he negated it from Nebula, and another he reversed it's effect against Warlock.

Ehhhhhhhh.....Strange can win, but he better come correct against a guy like Thanos or it's his ass.

Cosmic Cube
Never saw this....evil face

Twice. Once he negated it from Nebula, and another he reversed it's effect against Warlock.

Ehhhhhhhh.....Strange can win, but he better come correct against a guy like Thanos or it's his ass.

Pfft...

You just don't want to sound like a fanboy... shifty

If Strange is on top of his game, he wins... You know it. stick out tongue

Sentry
longpig is defending his dad. stick out tongue

Just kidding! big grin

long pig
On Top...http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

Cosmic Cube
lmao laughing

droolio

Nataku8188
I hate you guys so much.

kgkg
Thanos wins and you know it

long pig
Strange has already taken blasts from Thanos, it didn't break his shield.

Strange (on top, of course) may could pull off a few.....Thanos has killed and hurt a lot of people ya know.

kgkg
Strange has already taken blasts from Thanos, it didn't break his shield.

Strange (on top, of course) may could pull off a few.....Thanos has killed and hurt a lot of people ya know.
Taken ya , so what?

I know Strange is bad

But thanos without extreme pre time he isn't doing much

He has already admitted that he can’t take him out , he asked Silver Surfer to look after him. ( not like he can either)

long pig
The majority? Nah, not without prep, but he can at least get a few.

kgkg
The majority? Nah, not without prep, but he can at least get a few.
He can get a few?

How? Thanos is not stupid he know strange.

Remember strange needs time, for his speeds (at least to even scratch Thanos)

Thanos will be to smart to allow strange to do anything.

long pig
He could possibly shunt away into a pocket dimention, come back in astral form and fight. Or use the mind attack that works against those who are very evil.
He can duplicate in a split second to confuse, the bands, there is enough there for him to score at least 3 out of 10.

I stand FIRM....http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

kgkg
He could possibly shunt away into a pocket dimention, come back in astral form and fight. Or use the mind attack that works against those who are very evil.
He can duplicate in a split second to confuse, the bands, there is enough there for him to score at least 3 out of 10.

I stand FIRM....http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif
ok i give you 2 out of 10 ok pig

long pig
I'll take what I can get.

kgkg
I'll take what I can get.
here is a cookie

Cosmic Cube
Strange 8/10

kgkg
Strange 8/10
8/10 ? explain

long pig
laughing

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
8/10 ? explain

Uh... because I said so? confused

kgkg
Uh... because I said so? confused
ohhhh ok no back up this time CC

End ------ Strange admiting SS is the only one who can take him
When Thor went Mad ( and power gem) ---------- Adam and Strange couldn't contain him , they need thanos

again Thanos > strange

man this shit is funny Strange went from nobody to high level (when I joined his forum he was shit look at him now ) lol

Cosmic Cube
What about what I say? sad

Cosmic Cube
Honestly, I think that Strange has more power at his disposal. What would Thanos do if Strange traps him in the Bands of Cyttorak?

long pig
Thanos is a bit more powerful though, I understand that.
But Strange with prep would do very very well against him, not a lot of prep, only like 30 minutes.

If he was wrapped in the bands, he'd be screwed, but then what do you do with him?
Banish him probably.

kgkg
Honestly, I think that Strange has more power at his disposal. What would Thanos do if Strange traps him in the Bands of Cyttorak?
if he could he wouldn’t be asking Thanos's help to stop Mad Thor , or ask Silver Surfer to watch Thanos whould he.

Thanos can put shield that are powerful enough to stop most of strange's attack, and strange isn't pulling any mind tricks on thanos.

leonidas
for once kg, i'm completely with you. strange could bother thanos - make it tough for thanos to score a definitive win, (ie - to ko strange) by shunting him around, shielding, etc . . ., but strange ain't ko'ing thanos that's for damn sure and eventually thanos would get him.

strange is NOT a true 'cosmic'. he's a top tier hero. he does not take these kinds of guys out 1on1, even WITH prep time. cripes, he couldn't even beat dracula without help in strange 60-62! AND he had even pulled dracula into the astral plane! ya know, i like strange, but damn, all this talk about him being able to beat practically anyone is getting to be a bit much. thanos?? unless there are extenuating circumstances, there's no chance.

long pig
I think Strange did pretty well against Dracula seeing that he ENDED VAMPIRISM.
Doctor Strange used his Darkhold's magic to thoroughly wipe out not only Dracula, but also every vampire on Earth - or at least the Marvel universe

And when Dracula faught Strange, Drac had just drank the blood of Sif multiplying Drac's power 10x and gave him immunities he has never had before.

Drac STILL didn't get a clear win against Strange....oh wait, he didn't do well at all, he DIED.

long pig
If I remember correctly, he wasn't yet Sorcerer Supreme and he definatly didn't get his power boost from the seven sphere war or from the dark magic he learned after being rejected by the Vishanti.

kgkg
If I remember correctly, he wasn't yet Sorcerer Supreme.
he was strange sama

long pig
I can't remember, wasn't the Dracula fight in 79 or 80?

leonidas
wasn't strange that finished him, nor anything he did, it was the darkhold spell strange's lackeys were chanting while strange was getting his ass kicked trying to hold on while they chanted. drac smashed all his spells even in astral form.

and sif? huh? but you're right, drac WAS enhanced - he was enhanced by the cult HE formed by manipulating all their minds, and he drew power from their loyalty! damn brilliant if you ask me. he created the cult AND took power from it.

i could list a dozen examples of beings WELL below thanos who have given strange loads of trouble. (long, you know my 2 favourites . . .)

for the umpteenth time, strange is tough -- just please PLEASE don't make him out to be more than he is. he's plenty cool enough without everyone saying he can beat guys like thanos.

kgkg
I can't remember, wasn't the Dracula fight in 79 or 80?
eek! i am joking lol

pig sama

long pig
Drac had just drunken Sif's asgardian blood increasing his power 10 fold and giving him immunities he never before had, that's why spells didn't work against him. Hell, Drac was wailing on Thor because of the power boost. And it was Strange who finally gave the last blow that killed all vampires with his book.
Hell, even Mephisto was boosting him. That Dracula that day would have taken on anyone.

Anyway, I never said he'd take the majority, I said he could take a few.

And for every pic you show Enchantress making Strange's shields fade, I can show him taking super novas and arrows from DU that Celestials have teleported away instead of risking it peircing thier shield.

leonidas
long, you are clearly thinking of a different battle. it says quite clearly in the book - and i quote:

"as i'm sure you're aware, dracula has risen once more as a head of a cult called the darkholders. moreover, he is using this cult to mystically empower himself."

and thor is not even IN the arc i'm referring to.

and sorry long, i don't see strange taking any (i mean definitively ko'ing thanos) unless there are some serious extenuating circumstances.

leonidas
<<And for every pic you show Enchantress making Strange's shields fade, I can show him taking super novas and arrows from DU that Celestials have teleported away instead of risking it peircing thier shield.>>

i'm sure you can. i can show and name a bunch myself. but against fors of this level it is exceedingly rare for him to win decisively 1on1. unless, as i said, there are special circumstances, or he is gaining some special power somehow. normal strange can't win this fight.

long pig
That was a big arc, read it all.
It was Defenders #95, Doctor Strange #58-59, Thor #332 & 333, Doctor Strange #60-62.

Drac got two MASSIVE boosts, one from Sif, one from Mephisto, he beat Thor pretty easily too.

Strange took him on and didn't lose.

Of course vamps are back, a lot of stuff has happen since then.

kgkg
I think pig said Strange has little chance of winning 2/3

Rite pig

long pig
Right. Very little.

kgkg
Right. Very little.
Good enough

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
if he could he wouldn’t be asking Thanos's help to stop Mad Thor , or ask Silver Surfer to watch Thanos whould he.

Thanos can put shield that are powerful enough to stop most of strange's attack, and strange isn't pulling any mind tricks on thanos.

Strange will put the bands AROUND Thanos's sheild! Thanos is trapped! Strange must win!

leonidas
<<Drac got two MASSIVE boosts, one from Sif, one from Mephisto, he beat Thor pretty easily too.>>

you're confusing the hell out of me, long. i got the thor issues as well, and thor defeats dracula soundly at the end. when thor throws his hammer and tricks drac into turning into mist, he blasts the mist with lightning. drac had to limp away too weak to fight. and drac never did much damage in that fight to thor. don't think i have the defenders issue you're talking about, but i never realized thor/strange issues went together. the thor issues and effects are never mentioned in the strange issues - least not that i remember.

long pig
But with prep.............evil face

Leo's gonna burst a vessle if I don't shut up.

Hold on, let me see if I can find a website with all that happend there.

kgkg
But with prep.............evil face

if he gets prep so does Thanos

long pig

leonidas
<<But with prep.............
Hold on, let me see if I can find a website with all that happend there.>>

hahah! i try not to, er, burst vessels 'round here. and with prep i STILL don't see it. i said he could make life a hassle for thanos, but the dude's smarter than he is powerful! much as i like strange, it would have to be some pretty clever writing (or eternity granting him power) to get him this win. i'll grant that i could see strange stalemating him a few times, but not winning by knock out. doesn't mean that if it happened it would be PIS. just that it would have to be pretty clever indeed . . .

long pig
I don't think anyone has ever K.O'd Thanos though, I'm doubting Strange or anyone could, but incapacitate him, it's possible.

leonidas
that's an interesting summary, but it seems incomplete to me. strange was certainly under tha impression that whatever power he got from sif was gone by the time #61 came along. have you actually READ the issues, long, or are you going by just the summary? like i said, based on what i read and remember, it seems to have left somethings out.

kgkg
I don't think anyone has ever K.O'd Thanos though, I'm doubting Strange or anyone could, but incapacitate him, it's possible.
Thor did , but he took care of Mad Thor with power gem

Cosmic Cube
Strange will put the bands AROUND Thanos's shield! Thanos is trapped! Ingenuous! Strange must win!

leonidas
<<I don't think anyone has ever K.O'd Thanos though, I'm doubting Strange or anyone could, but incapacitate him, it's possible.>>

thor did.

smile

and it would depend on your definition of incapacitate. if by that you mean - escape with his life and maybe piss thanos off, i'll agree with you. but that's about as far as i could see it going.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
<<I don't think anyone has ever K.O'd Thanos though, I'm doubting Strange or anyone could, but incapacitate him, it's possible.>>

thor did.

smile

and it would depend on your definition of incapacitate. if by that you mean - escape with his life and maybe piss thanos off, i'll agree with you. but that's about as far as i could see it going.
now who is copying leo

long pig
No, I've read them all.
I found that to back my memory up in case you think I'm making it up.

The power up from Sif was definatly not gone, Drac is usually very powerful, but he was taking damage that normally would have killed him.

leonidas
<<now who is copying leo>>

hey, is it my fult i take time to write well thought out responses and you write a single, incoherent line? damn, you usually post 3 times before i even finish one!

and all right long, if you need her, have your sif. still wasn't mentioned in that strange arc, though as i showed you with that quote from strange. maybe x-overs weren't as . . . tight as nowadays.

anyway, it's been fun as always but it's damn late.

later all.

demigawd
This is off-topic...but have kgkg, long pig and Cosmic Cube ever disagreed with each other? I usually find myself debating with them, but I don't remember how often they ever debate with each other, lol.

leonidas
<<This is off-topic...but have kgkg, long pig and Cosmic Cube ever disagreed with each other? I usually find myself debating with them, but I don't remember how often they ever debate with each other, lol.>>

not too often, but cube thinks strange will win most of these match ups and kg and long don't, so i guess THIS would qualify as one of those rare times . . .

and you gotta admit, demi - they're fun to go against. especially ALL of them together!

smile

demigawd
I sometimes think they're all the same person logging in separately, lol. It took me a couple of months to realize that I was debating two different people when I was responding to long pig and kgkg, because they usually post in quick succession with similar points.

But yeah, they're always a joy, though I'd be more relieved to see them going at it with each other more often. smile

long pig
Great minds think alike.

who?-kid
Originally posted by leonidas
strange is NOT a true 'cosmic'.
Neither is Thanos.

I really think Strange is a more versatile fighter than Thanos, who mostly blasts his way out of problems.

demigawd
Cosmic Cube, long pig and kgkg are KMC's most powerful tag team!

K Von Doom
The spells at Dr Strange's disposal are definitely more versatile but Thanos utilizes his abilities more efficiently. Having said that, Thanos would still be hard-pressed beating Strange coz the Doc wouldn't go into a purely physical fight against Thanos... even a higher mystic being like Odin took some time to beat down the Titan. Strange has more ways of ending the fight - teleporting Thanos or himself away, subduing with the crimson bands, etc. Strange would have to end the fight quick coz he knows how smart Thanos is. In a quick fight, Dr Strange wins. In a drawn out fight, Thanos would be more likely to win.

long pig
K von Doom=Krissy von doom?

K Von Doom
Same reading

demigawd
I thought it was Kristoff Von Doom myself.

long pig
Oh, cool....I've wondered that a few times, actually. big grin

In Infinity Abyss #5, Strange did take out a Thanos clone with a good bit of effort, but relative ease.

long pig
Why all the gosh darned name changes?

LordFear
Ok people enough with the madness
Let's cut the shit
Since when did sorcerer supreme of Earth meant besting the likes of Thanos???
I mean are we serious?
The blocks the IG because it was wielded by Nebula who is a step up from being an idiot and Warlock who just got the power and needed time to adjust. Thanos??? When wtf?

K Von Doom
Why all the gosh darned name changes?

I forgot my password for that original moniker so had to make up this one. eek!

K Von Doom
Originally posted by demigawd
I thought it was Kristoff Von Doom myself.

Kristoff Vernhardt? Dr Doom's protege?

long pig
Sorcerer Supreme of Earth Dimention, meaning all of that which connects to Earth, including outside galaxies.

Anyone with the I.G no matter how dumb is still as powerful really.

demigawd
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Kristoff Vernhardt? Dr Doom's protege?

Yeah, that's the one. That's what I thought the K might have stood for, those Krissy is ok too.

inamilist
no prep

who takes the majority

golem370
Thanos is said to have upgrades that are mystical in source. But I think Thanos is to smart and cosmicly powerful for strange

ExtraMision5555
hasnt this actually happened in some form?

GODSCRIBE
Thanos wins the majority.

spideycarnage
no way strange kicks his arse

Mider
how did strange beat guys like dormammu and nightmare and shumma gorath? If he has all his talismans and stuff he would win he held his own against the infinity gauntlet Thanos did not. Even then its not a bad defeat for thanos considering strange has to call upon outside forces for all his powers basically thus nothing he does is his own power but magics. Any sorceror with the right training and tools and spells can be near invincuble, ex strange used the crimson bands of cyttorak on galactus and galactus could not break them other example, strange cannot die less eternity wants him to, another one strange defeated death although i dont see anything so powerful about death since she gets humiliationed by the elders, in-betweener. He also beat a high level entity like shuma gorath.

DigiMark007
Mider was the first one to attempt some reasoning behind his opinion. We can all learn from that *hint-hint*

Strange has very very good showings, and many sub-par ones. The truth probably lies somewhere in between. Yes, give him all his talismans, a boatload of prep, and a good writer and it's possible he'd win this fight. But Steve would be the first to admit that Thanos, unless the circumstances are just right and there's some one-sided prep, is out of his league. Hell, he's said the same about guys like Thor and Surfer....and probably wasn't in the wrong.

And even stuff like the Bands of Cyttorak are just containing him...it's not exactly a win, it's just delaying the fight. And they HAVE been broken out of on occasion. His other good showings (like Shuma Gorath for example) involve a lot of prep, and a bit of luck...in any case, Strange was pushed to his limit. I'd encourage anyone interested in it to check out LP's respect thread for Strange. Yeah, it's fanboy one-sided, but it has many of these fights in detail.

The thread starter specified no prep. Thus, Thanos wins this one fairly easily.

TheKahn
I'd have to go with Dr. Strange (despite how much I like Thanos). I mean his rogue gallery includes dormammu, mephisto, and satannish as well as others. Hell, Dr. Strange has even stood up to Death and Eternity. While I'd rank Thanos near to a skyfather, Stange is used to dealing with much higher beings, imo.

From the Strange respect thread:

Strange faces Death (saves Galactus, SS, and Nova in the process). Aparrently Strange can only die willingly (see the 6th link):
http://img436.imageshack.us/my.php?image=death12hw.jpg
http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=death25fa.jpg
http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=death30xe.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=death48gz.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=death57vs.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=death61jw.jpg
http://img437.imageshack.us/my.php?image=death73ur.jpg

According to Long Pig: Strange defeats and steals power from an infinite being. Infinites are Skyfather level at least
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infinite16ze.jpg
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infinite24ap.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infinite32vs.jpg

He has the power to shape or shake a universe
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shake25xl.jpg

Strange owns Thor (well, kind of. see the last paragraph)
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorvikings3p05hg6kk.jpg

Stange a god?
http://img434.imageshack.us/my.php?image=god2mo.jpg

Stalemates Loki w/o his artifacts
http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor73110vr.jpg

Wally West
Without prep Thanos takes it, he has to much raw strength, durability and power, and Strange is ultimately just a man. For example here is a Thanos clone knocking Strange out with 1 punch, a clone which was rather dumb and no where near as powerful as the original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/thanstrange.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/thanstrange2.jpg

With both sides getting prep I'd be tempted to go with Thanos too, I mean this is a guy who when he had a plan became the most powerful guy in the universe like 3 times and ultimately only lost because he wanted too...

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Mider was the first one to attempt some reasoning behind his opinion. We can all learn from that *hint-hint*

yeah, too bad its an invalid opinion

Sir Whirlysplat
hmmmm

Sir Whirlysplat
hmmmm

Sir Whirlysplat
hmmmm.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
My rule is you can't lose if you're too badass to walk under your own power.
I don't remember saying this nor do I have any idea what I'm talking about.

Swanky-Tuna
What a discrete bump

DigiMark007
Merged

DigiMark007
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
yeah, too bad its an invalid opinion

See that's what I mean. It's great to call it an invalid opinion, but the important part is WHY it's invalid.

the Darkone

no she didn't. He is still curse with another upgrade.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>