Spiderman vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
If Superman and Spiderman were to fight over the New York city who would win?

Telperaca
Spiderman!!

Swanky-Tuna
Spiderman. His charm would win over New York City's heart.

Telperaca
laughing out loud

Spidey just rocks!!

Tron
Lol, y'all ain't right.laughing out loud

Kramer, tell me you aren't serious. You are aware that Superman spanks Spider-Man with little effort right? What's the worst Spidey can do to him, get his cape sticky? Sorry, Spidey goes home and cries, then Mary Jane tells him to stop being a p*ssy.

Telperaca
That's because Spidey is still a teenager kid superhero. It's inderstandable! stick out tongue
Whereas if Clark went to cry to Lois, and he a full grown adult, it would just be too odd, and non-superheroish!
big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Spiderman's an adult. He's just not SUPA BIG AMERICAN PARTY powerful like Superman. I like to call him "comfortably powerful" even though he refuses to job to anybody.

Telperaca
Come to think of it, why exactly would two good guts want to be fighting in the first place?

laughing out loud

Sheesh! I'm difficult. roll eyes (sarcastic)

wrathofachilles
Few things:

1. Mary Jane would never say that. She'd draw a bath for Pete and take good care of him. wink Hell, I'd go out and purposefully get my ass kicked for that.

2. Spider-Man hasn't been a teenager since the early 70s. He's in his mid-to-late 30s now.

3. They did fight. Spider-Man whipped his ass until Superman became all 'man of steel' *I think that's a writer's mistake because I don't recall Superman needing to TURN to 'steel.'* The writers did write the scenario accurately though. Spider-Man lost his temper and attacked Superman while Supes tried to reason with him. Then Supes just lost it and knocked Spidey a few hundred yards with one punch. Then he apologized. That's about how it would go down. Neither are hard-ass enough to try to take the other out.

norrin radd

Tron
Seriously, even if you brought Supes to Thor level, what in the hell could Spidey possibly do? No matter how pissy Spidey is, his punches and kicks ain't gonna mean jack to Superman. And for any writer to even think that IS a big mistake.

And Telperaca, most of the people in these threads would probably never fight, but that's what this vs. forum's for, to discuss what would happen if they actually did.

Tron
Oh, and wrath, you probably wanna take a look at the Godzilla/Hulk thread.

Spiderninja008
Actually, i read the old superman spiderman crossover. (This is y I've grown to hate Superman, but hate's a strong word). Lex and Doc Ock team up. Lex and Doc Oc sneak up on Spidey, and Lex shoots spidey w/ a red sun radiation gun that gives spidey added strength and the radiation from red suns can kill superman much like kryptonite. At first Spidey lost his temper and beat supes a$$, until supes decides to retaliate w/ a punch, realizing that a punch of that strength would make spidey into spider splat, he pulls his punch a centimeter from spidey's face, but the strength behind the punch caused a mini hurricane that blew spidey 50 ft. away. Spidey continues a$$ wippin, but then the radiation wore off and spidey cudn't figure out how a moment ago he was layn a spideriffic smack down, but now his hands are broken, and supes won't budge. Spidey never suspected Lex.........Superman sux Spiderman rules!!!!

norrin radd

Solidarsenal
If this isn't a mismatch I don't know what is. I can imagine superman saying "eww spider" and throwing a building on him

wrathofachilles
The punch did connect, he just pulled it. And norrin's right, he didn't break his hands. As for Superman, he's already down to Thor's level, has been for awhile.

Arachnoidfreak
Oh Superman haters are just mad because Superman can whoop their favorite character's ass.

Superman takes this, without effort.

and that Spiderman/Superman matchup seems surprisingly accurate. Crossovers are usually never so well written(or, it seems well written).

wrathofachilles
Spider-Man beating his ass for 90% of the fight seems accurate? I don't think so...

Havoc470
no contest, i think supes would take this one with no problem

grey fox
i love spiderman but i have to admit supes would turn spider-man to spider-paste end of

Solidarsenal
Then he would drink it and put on spider-mans costume

Arachnoidfreak
No, Superman taking everything that Spiderman has because he doesn't want to fight, and then leveling him out with one punch is accurate.

This is Superman we are talking about. Getting punched a few times doesn't constitute getting "his ass beaten".

wrathofachilles
Yeah but he was getting thrown around like a rag doll. I don't mean Spider-Man was 'outfighting' him because Supes wasn't fighting you're right, but it was still ridiculous to assume Superman is not going to at least dodge or block Spidey's shots. Spidey looked pretty good there for awhile.

Arachnoidfreak
Bah. I never put much faith into DC/Marvel crossovers anymore anyway. The two companies' egos get in the way of a decent story or fight scenario.

crazyspinz
obviosly i win this fight, these two are amitures

Solidarsenal
I agree

crazyspinz
rock

uQifg2WV
superman sucks, but unfornuately hes incredibly powerful. spiderman is way cooler than superman but indefinately weaker. definately superman

Cosmo Kramer
I dont know DareDevil might show up to help out ol' webhead. lol

uQifg2WV
daredevil and spiderman couldn't take down superman, even on a team. you could through in oc and bullseye and superman would still win horribly, none of them could effectively. i might even go as far as sending wolverine into the fray, and still having superman win.

Solidarsenal
Yeah and if the avengers and/or x-men showed up there's always the JLA

Cosmo Kramer
So your gonna sit there and tell everyone now that even if the FF were to interfere that Superman would win?

uQifg2WV
jla sux, so plz don't bring them up

Spiderninja008
I've read the first Superman Spideman crossover just a few months ago over and over, Spidey got enhanced strength and red sun radiation to be able to fighht Supes, but Supes wasn't trying to fight back. Supes lost his cool, but never connected w/ a punch cuz he wud've made spider splat. the force from his speed and power made a gust of wind that blew Spidey to the next building (not through, they were fighting ontop of a building). Spidey then returned to attack when Supes just stood there. The radiation wore off and spidey use his spider speed and strength to continually beat on SUpes' chest. Then he thought "Why am I not hurting him anymore?" He stopped and said aloud, "I think my hands are broken," as his gloves were shown ripped at the knuckles, which were red and bruised. Then Supes and Spidey talked and became allies against their unknown enemies.

THey also had an Ali Superman crossover, that was awesome. Ali taught Supes how to fight. and they ended up having to, but supes was under a red sunlight generator to keep the fight even. Ali (after teaching Supes everthing he knowsin some sort of hyperbolic time chamber LOL DBZ rules!!) woops his ass.

juggernaut74
Jla would Destroy any Marvel super hero team. Deal with it.

Tron
Depends on prep time. If Reed has some knowledge of Superman's abilities, then that brings up their chances. Other than that, they stand just as much a chance as everyone else mentioned. Sue may give him some trouble, and Thing may last a while, but Superman may be too much for them in the end.

dominic/wolf
man o steel

vs

man o spider???

Mainstream
Originally posted by dominic/wolf
man o steel

vs

man o spider???

um superman

Scoobless
but Spidey's been workin' out character43

Batman88
Superman no contest.

black robb
dominic/wolf must hate Spidey because this is so not fair

Mainstream
Originally posted by Scoobless
but Spidey's been workin' out character43 mabye if he keeps training he'll be a .....nah.

Pepito
Spidey swings in on a web line. Superman burns web line with heat vision. Spidey falls seventy four storeys. Superman kills whatever's left.

Paola
what do you think I am?

your slave?

why in the world you didn't search for this topic?!?!

merging... miffed

K3VIL
Originally posted by Tron
Depends on prep time. If Reed has some knowledge of Superman's abilities, then that brings up their chances. Other than that, they stand just as much a chance as everyone else mentioned. Sue may give him some trouble, and Thing may last a while, but Superman may be too much for them in the end.
Thing would last seconds.Torch too, freezing breath and some punches and he's down.Reed too, and IW can't keep up her force field if the attack is of a high magnitude, mental fatigue would leave her unconscious

Batman88
Superman wins with no problem

Scoobless
Originally posted by Paola
what do you think I am?

your slave?

drool

roll eyes (sarcastic)

StrawNilla
Someone, I won't say who *cough* Cosmo! *cough*, wants Spidey's a** handed to him.

Forshame.

BanannaNut128
I agree with grey fox, im a big spidey fan, but if spiderman didnt have any kryptonite web or something like that, spiderman would be bug juice in less than 30 seconds.

CorderaMitchell
why oh why was this posted, I want to see a wolverine hater or batman hater topic for once.Unless you said he had kryptonite webbing he could only use once or something.

jinzin
for once? the hell? I guess you missed the superman vs. wolverine thread the first 20 times it came around....funny....... wolvie never got better....lol....

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
If Superman and Spiderman were to fight over the New York city who would win? If they were fighting over New York city I would think that Spidey would have already lost being he cant fly.

CorderaMitchell
maybe I did Jin maybe I did.

Max Spidey 24
Spiderman could easily hide and trap superman in an electric wire or some crap that will K.o him for a while.....damnnn the Xray Vission thing, no hiding . Superman Gets a new pet.

Swanky-Tuna
Hahahaha, my first post makes it sound like they're fighting for New York's love.

Superman does win though.

True Sinister
Who in the world who remotely is familiar with superman and Spiderman in the right mind would think Spiderman would have half a snowflakes chance in hell of beatin Superman?

The MISTER
roll eyes (sarcastic)

CorderaMitchell
Wheres' my sleepy smilie?

DarkCrawler
Superman doesn't want to kick Spider-Man's ass...

Spider-Man can't kick Superman's ass...

CorderaMitchell
not in a cold day in hell he cant............

black robb
Originally posted by Paola
what do you think I am?

your slave?

why in the world you didn't search for this topic?!?!

merging... miffed go pick some cotton while you're at it(just kidding)

Mr Parker
I hate to break the news to you all for the people who are daydreaming that spidey could beat supes,as huge a spidey fan as I am,unless he has kryptonite,spidey wont last more than a couple minutes with supes.Now batman would be no contest,but supes? it would end in seconds with supes winning easily.

black robb
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I hate to break the news to you all for the people who are daydreaming that spidey could beat supes,as huge a spidey fan as I am,unless he has kryptonite,spidey wont last more than a couple minutes with supes.Now batman would be no contest,but supes? it would end in seconds with supes winning easily. this is off topic,but why do you hate the Spiderman movie Mr Parker?

CorderaMitchell
I thought is was great, better than the other superhero movies.

havok801125
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I thought is was great, better than the other superhero movies.

I agree except for the organic webbing

CorderaMitchell
I thought it was about time for that, he's part spider. Oh well.

black robb
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I thought it was about time for that, he's part spider. Oh well. yeah and how the hell could he even figured out how to make it in the span of time in the movie?

Max Spidey 24
Spiderman has web Kriptonite.

asain dude
putting super man aganist anyone is unfair because theres always going to be a really pissed off super man fan

Max Spidey 24
Like wise im sure.

CorderaMitchell
cool pic!

Max Spidey 24
That pic is with preptime

ZephroCarnelian
Awesome! big grin

CorderaMitchell
lol

Logan 87
lol

Dark-Kenshin
Hey, since Spiderman's stingers are totem/mystical by nature, doesn't that mean that if Spiderman hits supes with those, that he can kill him. If I remember correctly, someone drew blood from Supes with merely a sword magical by nature during kingdom come.

Spiderman can beat Superman, if Superman doesn't have super speed and ice breath.

Tha C-Master
Indeed...

batdude123
Sure. Let's go by a noncanon event to help our arguments. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman wins this one in his sleep 12/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Indeed...

Don't aid the irrational thinker. miffed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.