What ONE movie is your biggest obsession?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LoSt_
*Looks at her signature and icon* Hmm....Self explanatory...LADDER 49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

botankus
My favorite film is River's Edge, but I wouldn't say I obsess over it. I've seen it so much I just watch it every few months or so.

Two of the movies I find myself watching alot, however, are Liar Liar and Starship Troopers.

Telperaca
Mine is
*drumroll*

LORD OF THE RINGS!!
- FOTR
- TTT
- ROTK

LoSt_
LOTR used to be my biggest, but now since I saw Ladder 49 about 400 times ..well.. big grin

duffy
Gotta be Fear and Loathing for me, always end up watching it when im gettin a smoke its just to damm funny!

Shaolin Monk
Dazed and Confused, can never get enough

duffy
Yeah D&C is amazing, gotta luv Slater! smokin'

LoSt_
that movie is good.

Cinemaddiction
U.H.F.

BackFire
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

LoSt_
whats uhf stand for

pinsleepe
Monty Python's Life of Brian cool

Myth
I find myself rewatching Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Boondock Saints, Scarface, Fight Club and Seven a lot.

ladygrim
LOTR , POTC , and many more

mc pee pants
matrix

Arachnoidfreak
Pulp Fiction

Dr. Strangelove
JFK, Memento, Citizen Kane and Clockwork.

<<Solo>>
Great movies.

Darth Vicious
LOTR,Matrix, Star Wars(OT),Top Gun, Old School and more i have watched those movies toooooooo many times

StinkFist462
Matrix ... and Star Wars ... o and Superman ( only because i always wanted to fly )

ScorpioKitten
Donnie Darko there's no doubt about it. love

The movies that hold my single greatest obsession are hands down SPIDERMAN AND SPIDERMAN 2, and when SPIDERMAN 3 comes out, that as well....ah i've seen the first spiderman 113 times (intentionally of course), and i saw the second one 5 times in theatres, and i can't wait to watch it on dvd over and over again.

SPIDERMAN 3 COMES OUT MAY 7, 2007!!!!!!!!!!! That's the only date that's marked on my calender, the single most important date in the history of everything for me (after 1/13) of course heh.

Oh and i'd also say that at a distance second and third would be "THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW" AND "DEEP IMPACT"...i love disaster movies and stories. And i think these movies were great for what they were. And i can't wait to buy Day After Tomorrow on dvd. Yay.

forumcrew
since late spring its been GS (garden state) as far as older movies, ive watched every bond movie countless times

jazzx
You`re telling me. I`ve always loved these films - I have proudly designated a single DVD stand just for all 20 of these films. They`re great.

Having said that, my current obsession is with the extended Lord of the Rings - I`m just as obsessed with the making of the movies as I am with the films themselves.

I`m amazed at how I can see all the magic being stripped apart by the documentaries, and yet still be totally captured and immersed in the story afterwards.

eleveninches
Matrix

(& Battle Royale) big grin

Drumdude1167
Ultra high frequency.....or something like that

Drumdude1167
the one movie i would have to pick is fear and loathing in las vegas, seen it about 200 times, NO JOKE. But in close second is all of quinton terrintino's movie's
heres my list of Q.T.'s movies and how i rate them in order
1. pulp fiction
2. resiviour dogs
3. Kill bill Vol. 1
4. Kill Bill Vol. 2 (OK THERE THA SAME MOVIE BUT I LIKE VOL ONE BETTER)
5. Jackie Brown

Drumdude1167
And all of adam sandlers movies.....except Big Daddy

Cinemaddiction
Even "Going Overboard" and "Mr. Deeds"?

botankus
Ugh. I bought Going Overboard from the $1.99 bin at Wal-Mart and regretted it ever since.

It took me three years of trying to push it on my friends for free before I was finally able to give it away to someone.

Mr Zero
If I had to use the word obsession then i guess the film that qualifies is Little Malcolm and His Struggle Against the Eunuchs - simply because having seen a 5 minute clip which blew me away i've been trying to track it down for as far back as I can remember. It's fallen off the face of the world. Even the IMDB has nothing to say about it other than "it exists"

Drumdude1167
ok, i forgot about going overboard, and that sucked terribly

Curl_Up&Dye
Napoleon Dynamite

botankus
I'm just curious -- why?

Red Superfly
Star Wars (Original Trilogy) - I LOVE loads of other movies but Star Wars has been an OBSESSION for a long time.

WindDancer
Enter the Dragon....man! I think I've memorized every kick and punch in that movie. wink

Cinemaddiction
It's highly quotable, pretty unique, and a solid indie would be my guess. It's not one of those movies you can watch over and over again 'cuz the novelty eventually wears off ,but I'll buy it regardless, more so for supporting the makers.

L49_JoaquinLovr
Wow you didnt like Big Daddy? Thats one of my favorites of A.S..

Lord Soth
It stands for Ultra High Frequency, it's a movie starring Weird Al Yankovic. It's hilarious.

As much as I love Lord of the Rings, The Mtrix, and others as such, my obssessions would have to be Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and The Scream Trilogy

L49_JoaquinLovr
ooooo IC smile wierd al is cool.

I still root for my lovely Ladder 49. *Fantasizes about seeing it the fifth time*

The Redeemer
Not quite an obsession I suppose but I've probably seen DIRTY HARRY more times than any other film...I've also got it in so many variations...taped off tv, VHS pan and scan, VHS widescreen, DVD budget and DVD special edition...

It's gotten to the stage where I can quote entire scenes verbatim. embarrasment So, maybe a BIT of an obsession! wink

MornGlory
Was Ladder 49 good????

I love Shawshank Redemption -- MY FAV MOVIE EVER!!!

Stephen King is a genius!

L49_JoaquinLovr
cute

MornGlory
Just saw Ladder 49 tonite- LOVED it! - sort of sad but thats ok

Still like The Village - if I was going to pick a Joaquin Phoenix movie

L49_JoaquinLovr
stick out tongue Morn. Yep, I love it too. I cried all 4 times I saw it, and get to see it for my fifth tomorrow..

Drumdude1167
wow...5 times....ive only seen fear and loathing about.....200, im serious, ever since it came out on vhs, ive watched it everyday, then there was a sad period when i didn't have a vhs player and got a dvd, and bought it right away, and watched it like a 50 more times and that was in 2001, now its 2004 and its been about 200 times, greatest movie ever

L49_JoaquinLovr
Lol well this is for 'theater' wise, I guarentee when it goes out of theater ill cry because it will be a long time b4 it even comes out on dvd/vhs. And when i DO get it Ill watch it like..everyday.

Jackie Malfoy
I love that movie I love that movie Star Wars it is such a great movie and I am just crazy over it.
"Return of the Jedi" is my favorite one of all five so far.And the new ones are pretty good!Right now that is my favorite movie of all time!JM Happy Dance

Major Knight
i would say Final fantasy AC will be my movie when it comes out, i all ready look everything up for that so i guess if im already obsessin about it, then i really cant wait to see it lol

TheGame
Fight Club......and um.......yeah....Fight Club

MornGlory
Shawshank Redemption

<<Solo>>
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas was a great movie without a doubt, much better then Ladder 49, and DD you might want to read the book, that is if you havn't already.

lauraamanda
Well i'm not really obsessed with any films. I'm obsessed with TV shows namely Alias. BUt i love sad films. Pay It Forward, Man On Fire, and i love comedies Shaun of the Dead, Miss congeniality, Fast and furious is pretty good too aswell as torque but thats just cuz i like fast cars and motorbikes.

BigL
The Big Lebowski. Hence the name...
I cite quotes thoughout my work week.

Wolf Dog
Pulp FIction. Funniest shit ever.

cal31
Gotta be Matrix or Star Wars.

Jedi Priestess
&lt;--------the name says it all

D-Double
no expression Here goes noth'n

Nation Lampoon's European Vacation
Spies Like Us
Fletch
embarrasment
Stir Crazy
big grin
I have to watch these at least 3 times a year.

Shadow_King
i am obssessed with watching platoon.

L49_JoaquinLovr
cool. Ive only seen about a minute of that. Im not much for war movies.

yay my 6th time of seeing l49 last night.

BlazingBarrells
hmmm, From Dusk Till Dawn. Seth Gecko is one of the best characters ever. Reservior Dogs, and HMMMMM,,, Hard Boiled. John woo forever.

BadKitty
any mystery science theater 3000 movie...I always watch one when I don't have anything to do.

Xtremechik2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

starshine
This is soooooo hard, but I have to say...Billy Elliot stick out tongue

wicker_man
I'd probably have to go with the orginal Dawn of the Dead, the atmos, the music, the characters and generally just the filming i adored, i'd not say i'm obsessed, but pretty much my all time favourite movie.

ragesRemorse
When i was about 11 to 15 "The Crow" was an obsession for me. It is still loved, but Aliens and the matrix have probably moved to the top of what you might call obsessions.

meanwhile
Matrix... and A walk to remember

L49_JoaquinLovr
A walk to remember was good.

I love Clay Pigeons stick out tongue

<<Solo>>
The first two Screams were highly original and pure classic, and then there was the third. Which....sucked.
I'd say The Scream Trilogy, Evil Dead Trilogy, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Dead Series.

Blacklce
I'd have to say...Confidence
One of the best movies you've never heard of.

Edward Burns, Rachel Weisz, Andy Garcia, and Dustin Hoffman.

You won't be able to figure it out until the end, when they show you.

meanwhile
oh, I forgot... Total recall! I've seen half of it sooo many times, it's my "makeuot" movie.. but sometimes I rewind and se all of it wink

JohnPreston
Equilibrium and Fight Club

ResidentEVILMAN
MY favorite movies would have to be Resident Evil and Once upon a time in mexico.

BOPRecruit 16
Interview with the Vampire (1994)

SlipknoT
Dawn of the Dead

forumcrew
i just recently got Garden state so its back up there and so is episode 3

darthmaul1813
Let's see... My main obsession is with the Predator movies, but other obsessions include:

the Alien movies
AvP
Osmosis Jones
Galaxy Quest
Star Wars

ragesRemorse
Recentlyi have noticed that DR.Stranglove has moved up to number 1 on my list of obsessions. Over Aliens and the matrix.

Silver Stardust
Star Wars and the Matrix...also, the X-Files movie. I'm a HUGE fan of the X-Files yes

baracustastic
BRAVEHEART

Every time I see it I wanna break Englishmen, lots of them. Dirty, cheatin', country thievin', scourge of humankind, barbaric, bawbags!!!! AAAAARRrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhh!

Gimme independence, now!!!!!!!

Lunch_Meat
The Matrix,Pirates of the Carribean,Star Wars,Indepence Day,Tommy Boy, and Dumb and Dumber

Jodo kast
1.Star-Wars 2.Predator 3.Alien.

Vampy
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells. Always. Forver. Damnit.

in_love

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Lord of the rings,Troy and Star Wars

maroonedpirate1
School of Rock
Jack Black is hilarious

AnonymousNerd
Shaun Of the dead.. Have to watch that atleast twice a day.

I suppose that would make me a tad obsessed.

cgtuna21
Lord of the Rings, of course

Pulp Fiction

Saving Private Ryan

The Godfather

Star Wars

I've got other obsessions but these are my top ones

SlipknoT
I cant stop watching Dazed and Confused, I wish I lived in 1976.

Mandorallen
rocky never gets old.
star wars is forever
and bloodsport is good as well.

Red Superfly
Oh hang on, Ghostbusters is an obsession too.

I grew up on Ghostbusters, everything about em.

GB's and Star Wars all the way.

Kohldia
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Starship Troopers

shadowofblood
It appears as if there aren't many anime fans around here. Well, in response to the thread, my favorite movie is Darkside Blues.

Kohldia
I like anime, just not many of the movies smile

ladygrim
only one ...sad

Jackie Malfoy
Star Wars!JM

<<Solo>>
Pulp Fiction
Donnie Darko
The Godfather Trilogy

whiteymoza
I am actualy obsessed with fight club i watched it every day for 2 weeks wen i brought it then i watch it at least once a week i jus think that wot tyler sez realy makes sense a lot i also have 2 dvd copys and the vedeo and its on my computer hard drive so i can watch it anyway

ANARCHY RULES BOW DOWN TO DURDENISM

Abra
Edward Scissorhands, Seven, Rocky Horror Picture Show, LOTR... all the frickin time, Napoleon Dynamite--I've only seen it twice, but the lines are famous. Also, The Thief and the Cobbler.

Abra
oh, and Kill Bill... omg, the first one mostly.

baracustastic
Have to say BttF is edging out Braveheart.

Dum, dada da da da duum....

Great Scott!
Staggering of the highest order
cool car
Johnny B Goode

ahhhhhh, genius

Reckoning
Lately Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind has been haunting me. I just want to watch it over and over. I never seem to get sick of it.

draconigena
The Breakfast Club and, a fairly new obsession, The Boondock Saints. Doesn't matter how many times I see either of those, they're still good.

MornGlory
oasis

BlackC@t
The Butterfly Effect, A Nightmare on Elm Street (1,3,4,7)

But the biggest obsession is the Spider-Man movies.

coconut
Well, I havn't been watching it lately, but i have seen Pirates of the Caribbean 73 times. not kidding. when it first came out on video i watched it once or twice a day for like 2 months. lol i am pathetic :P

Devalion
Snatch would have to be my choice right now

NicktheBassist
probably either the Matrix movies or I robot

mmmmoley
Pirates of the Caribbean... Not so much the movie, more Johnny Depp's character!

charmedFairy
for now phone booth and LOTr, all three

Ou Be Low hoo
The Big Lebowski...perhaps the greatest movie in the history of greatest movie debates.

Lilli08
I always love watching Armageddon. Makes me cry every time! lol

SJS
re2 and fifth element

cgtuna21
Lord of the Rings
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars (old version)
Goodfellas
The Godfather
Reservoir Dogs
Apocalypse Now
Black Hawk Down

All Excellent Movies right there that I watch!

yoda ledbetter
Star Wars
LOTR
Wonder Boys
Almost Famous
A Few Good Men
The Godfater
Indiana Jones

BasketCase
The Breakfast Club

Fionnoula
The Lord of the Rings and Garden State

Napalm
Highlander

Thoma5
Brotherhood

Angie79
Pretty much all of Tarantino's work; Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill I & II... I loved both True Romance and Natural Born Killers as well.

Reservoir Dogs takes the crown though. happy

Angie79
I can't believe I forgot Prey For Rock & Roll. Girl-lovin' Gina Gershon... love

Oh, and a Dutch film called Godforsaken, too.

Mrs.BarryWatson
texas chainsaw massacre was a pretty dam good movie

renaphooh
My favorite movie was x-men 2 i loved that movie sooooo much now i want to see the fantastic 4 movie comes out july 4th

el barto
i can'y get enough of the sin city trailer laughing out loud

Goldensky
its really strange because i absolute love movies and I'm pretty clued up about most but, i really love the craft!!! i know its not exactly a classic but is really addictive don't you think

el barto
yeah

SnakeEyes
Star Wars of course

xLiNdS x 622x
^i've never seen any of the star wars...apparently they're good..lol

well my two movie obsessions are Crybaby and Titanic.....i watch Crybaby every single day and Titanic like once a month cuz it's so freakin long!

Stokely
I tend to obsess with music more but back in the day I would watch Transformers The Movie and Purple Rain at least once a week.

el barto
purple rain sucks dude....laughing out loud

RavenNightstar
SCREAM! In total, I've watched it 279 times! Most of them in the dark! It's not scary, but damn...I love that movie!

SaTsuJiN
Fatal Fury : the motion picture... I used to know all the dialogue.. but after that my focus shifted more towards PC gaming, so I dont watch movies that much anymore

http://www.stuart.iit.edu/students/adamadr/images/ffury/ffury301.htm
(the 'ff motion picture ' clip they have here is 'andy and joe hold off laocorn'.. the other two are from the 2nd fatal fury movie)... ugh.. the memories..

Norma Jean
What...the...?? blink

RavenNightstar
Norma Jean ~ I know, I know, believe me, I can't say I'm proud of the number! But it's my fav movie, and the first 20-30 times, I was showing it to people who had never seen it before!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.