-=- Christianity is Bull -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crash Overload
Of all Possible Religions Christianity is the Worst. Mostly from the New testement Onwards.

First of all, The NEw testement was written 300 years after the death of jesus, and who gets to decid what gets to be written or not.

Secondly, Jesus Christ was interfearing with the church, his messege was different, So how would any power do to stop it? Intergration, after his death the used his messege in there favor.

His Original Messege was "Everybody is ther own god, only you can make this a heaven or a hell" In other wards, you are in control of your own life, you can make this a good oone or a bad.

And The Bible is full of contradictions.

"If god can forgive, so can you"

Then there is this line they donT' tend to teach:

"An eye for an eye, an arm for an arm" or is tooth?

Meaning, they hurt you, hurt them back, don't let yourself be stampled apon.

I talked to a priest, I asked him if it was right to force somebody to beleive something that is contradictory, or different from views they ahve been bruoght up on. And to froce them to beleive

He told me anybody who does that should be sent to the firy hells below.

Then I mentioned that that was what Christian Missonairies did to indians, and wht theya re stll doing in africa.

He pollitly kicked me out.

Samurai Guy
You're title doesn't leave much to the imagination. laughing

Anyone who forces beliefs on you should be kicks sqaure in the nuts. I am a Catholic, which is not too far off from Christianity, and I never push my beliefs on anyone. If you want to hear me talk, then listen. If not, that is your choice.

You have a right to believe anything you want.

However, I will say that the New Testiment is not bullshit. It is, as you said, written 300 or so years after Jesus was crucified, thus I would imagine that some parts were jumbled from word of mouth to written pages. Also, I am sure a lot of the messages were lost in translation.

You have to bare in mind that Jesus himself did not write this. These are points of view from those who followed his teachings.

SexyJacobSmith
that is like religion racism

Telperaca
This is sooo out of order!

I'm not a Christian, but I still believe that you should respect other peoples' religions!

You should really delete this thread before you offent more people!!!!!

Samurai Guy
The only thing that is inappropriate about this thread is the title, however even that does not offend me. And I am Catholic... which is close enough.

Telperaca
mad

Samurai Guy
It is a subject of concern! Does the Catholic/Christian faith contradict itself constantly, and press their views on others?

WindDancer
Well, I'm pretty aware of what the Conquistadors did to the America's back in the ol' world. But do please explain what are they doing to Africa?

Are you talking about World Vision? http://www.wvi.org/wvi/home.htm

Are you suggesting that the biggest humanitarian organization pulls out of Africa or something? Just because they are Christian believers and they help the poor families they should just leave? Please explain? Do you want World Vision out of Africa because they are Christians?

Crash Overload
First of all i respect peoples religions, I am not racist or relgist, I follow the ways of christinity (love yuor neighbour bla bla bal) But i do find it ubserbed, Secondly, The only reaosn I actually placed thsi thread is beaceu fo the ignore featur

Dno'T liek it? IRGNORE! big grin

lil bitchiness
That doesnt make any sense.blink
Catholicism IS Christianity. Just a branch of it.

Tex
Respect? No.
Tolerate? Yes.

Crash thumb up

eezy45
^ *agrees*

*is convinced Christian*

lil bitchiness
I disagree with this thread actually.

If this was Judeism in question, this thread would have been closed, no question asked. If someone was attacking Islam, same thing would go, however, its attacking Christianity, therefore its ok?

I dont think so.

Crash Overload
No, trust me, I espect that they follow religions, even christianity, but I find the religion absurbed.

lil bitchiness
You find the religion absured, yet you blatently went on attacking a particular religion.

Im not religious person, but whats not ok, its not ok.

Crash Overload

Tex
I wouldn't have closed it.
Judaism and Islam are equally as dumb.

WindDancer
I still waiting for your reply on that Africa and Christianity thing! Can you please answer??

lil bitchiness
So, if someone made a thread saying you are a dumbass, would you report the thread or would you just ignore it?

Well, then, in the future, if someone says something shitty to you, dont bother reporting to mods, just ignore.

lil bitchiness
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17888&perpage=40&highlight=islam&pagenumber=2

Samurai Guy
True, we are in a nutshell the same. However, if you gathered Catholics, Christians, Prodistan, and all of the other branches of the aforementioned whole, they do not see eye to eye. Henseforth the making of the branches.

Which, in my eyes, is the main problem with Religion today.

Tex
You had to go back a year to find that! laughing out loud

Lil has like totally gone all church lady on us!
I'm SO outie! schmoll

tongue10

furryman
but what in hell does absurbed mean?

lil bitchiness
Nope, only typed islam in the search engine smart

lil bitchiness
And im not going all church lady mad

lil bitchiness
Sorry Scott, but you are wrong.

Christinaity is the religion, 3 main branches are

-Catholisim
-Orthodox
-Protestant

"Christianity", is the religion with the largest membership: In 1995 there are mainly "3 branches", with 1,927 million members:

1- Catholicism: 968 million (since Pentecost, year 33)

2- Orthodoxy (since 1045): 218 million.

3- Protestantism (since 1517): 465 million... plus 276 million not on the main Protestant line. (Encyclopaedia Britannica, Year 1996)

Linkalicious
closing this thread based on this "mild" title would be travesty.

He didn't say "Christianity is the stupidest f***ing religion, and it's followers are morons" He said it's "bull"

So what if people find it offensive? I find tampon commercials during my dinner time to be offensive, but it's part of life.

This thread is fuel for an awesome debate, once everyone gets over their b!tching and moaning about how unfit they see the title to be.

Religion in general, is a crock of sh!t. If you need a book or some pre-determined rules to know how to live a just and good life....then you're a weak person.

You shouldn't need to read the bible to know not to steal from others....though I understand THAT ^ comment was offense....your morals shouldn't have to come from a book.

lil bitchiness
Tex edited the title of the thread. It used to say ''bullshit.''

Samurai Guy
It was originally titled "BULLSH!T," but that is neither here nor there now.

Link, everyone needs a security blanket. Whether it is the bible or a garden hose, it is of little to any reason to dismiss an entire... whole... as a crock of sh!t... as you so affectionately deemed it.

Crash Overload

Samurai Guy
I was quickly generalizing. I apologize. And I could have sworn there was others. But I have been known to be wrong in the past.

Linkalicious
bull and bullsh!t are synonymous.

The more offensive, the better fuel for the fire.

lil bitchiness
This still doesnt prove or explain to me why did you make a brand new thread making a direct attack on someone else's religion, and havent used so many threads already made.

There are plenty of people who agree with Christianity being a fairy tale, but your thread was rather thoughtless.

I dont agree with any religion. It controls people in the way they cannot imagine ''I'll spit on you and I'll knuckel you down to death, but its ok, because it will all be better in the next life'' attitude that religions have is whats shit.

I dont need convincing, not being religious person or anything as to why you hate the religion you do, but i do need convincing as to why you thought that bashing other people's religion/culture is the right way to go about expressing your view.

lil bitchiness
flirt1 I copied the bottom bit from the Encyclopaedia site !

Crash Overload

Linkalicious
But why?

Why do you feel that everyone needs a "security blanket"?

This is the real world, not high school. Everything doesn't need to be sugar coated, censored, or diluted in order for it to be more acceptable to the masses.

That's an equation that can only lead to weakness in the future. the "need of a security blanket"

Samurai Guy
Most people disagree with Religion. They feel it controls there actions, and inhibits there thought process and decision making abilities. But there is bound to be reasoning behind everything, what is one more basis of reasoning?

Example (This actually happened)

I was at a corner store picking up milk and other little tidbits, and the girl infront of me did not have enough money for her candy. I had like a dollar and something in my wallet, and I was going to use my debit card anyways. So I gave her my change

There was 2 reasons I did this.

1) It was the Catholic/Christian thing to do
2) Why not spread a little kindness and happiness to a girl who wants candy?

God, my religion and so on does not control me, but it steers me right for the most part. I define my morals and ethics, it just so happens that a majority of them have been written down in the Bible.

Linkalicious
There's only 1 LEGITAMENT reason why you did it.

1.) It was the nice thing to do.

What does God have to do with buying a girl some candy? Nothing.

Do you need God in order to be a nice person? What about when you do something bad or "wrong"? Is God steering you to do such things?

If not, then how is it he only steers you to good...and not bad?

Samurai Guy
Everyone is weak at some points, and need something to retreat to. I find it comforting that I have somebody there when I need them. Somebody to confide in.

I know this isnt high school, but I am fresh out of high school. There is much for me to see and learn, and I still have some of those immature manurisms in me. It is a comforting notion that I have somebody there when and if I need them.

Maybe one day I will be able to let go, but for now I appreciate that God is there for me.

Samurai Guy
No you dont need God to be nice, but God is acting through me. I am sure that if Jesus was behind me (perhaps grabbing some bread for another supper with his posse) He would have stepped in and done the same. If Jesus can lead a life like he did, why can't I?

Why did am I the only person being harassed in here? I cannot stop answering everyones questions! laughing

When did I become the well of religious knowledge?

WindDancer
I don't follow ANYTHING of what your trying to say. All I was asking you is your comment about Christians and Africa. All you gave me is buncha stuff that doesn't connect! Here read this!

http://www.wvi.org/wvi/africa_food_crisis/africa_food_crisis.htm

Crash Overload
IN the article that i posted that Nobody read, you could read that The Vatican itself delcared other religous defective, and well the gist fo ti is they said hey where primitive or something,

NOw, If i said all other religons where primitive you would of bashmed me for saying that, yet i clearly showed that the Religion some of you are trying to defend said it.

lil bitchiness
Same here. I dont follow anything, i think hes just posting now for the sake of posting.

Crash Overload
I thought you where bitching for the sak of bitching fromt he begining, so guess where even.

WindDancer
What the HELL are you talking to her like that? You are NOT establishing an argument! We can't follow what you are saying! Try to EXPLAIN YOUR SELF! Make sense!

WindDancer
thumb up

lil bitchiness
thumb down Weak, very weak.

Samurai Guy
I am trying to justify myself, but I am failing miserably.

Crash Overload
Okay, I will give you the short short 3 word version of my opinion.

Christianity

Is

Bad.

Got it? Good.

BUT the original ways of being nice to everybody is what seombody should be absed on. JUst now theya dded the "Be Good or you will be placed in hell forever"

Also it is Christianity that Started Sexism, And obliveraded Pagenism. IF you read "DiVinci Code" you will learn more about it.

And no, i did not start this debate becasue of that book.

Crash Overload
Why do I post? Or Why did I contionue to Post? Let me see, ah yes, to defend my point!

lil bitchiness
And you couldnt post that in any of these threads....?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f75/t303703.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f75/t305793.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f75/t309029.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f75/t302459.html

because??

You needed to make brand new thread with the ''chrisitinaity is bullshit'' title, why?

Linkalicious
Weak indeed lil. yes

But suprisingly funny! yes yes yes

BackFire
You're not doing a very good job of it.

lil bitchiness
Or this

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f75/t310370.html

(and probably many others, but i cant be bothered looking for anymore.)

Crash Overload
Why Don't you go saynig that to the other people who started thoes threads and USe your all Mighty Modding powers To merge them!

WindDancer
Uh...okay! Christiany bad...you smart. Me don't know what to say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh brother! Another DiVinci Code child! How about using your OWN arguments rather than to take them from a book? Hey wait a minute! You gonna quote verses from that book? Sounds something similar to what a Christian does with the bible!

Crash Overload
Which is Why I said it. Sheesh.

lil bitchiness
In case you didnt know, and evidently you dont, I have merged all the major religion discussion threads into one.

I left the ones that couldnt be merged due to the fact that they were being posted in at the same time, and thus would interupt the flow of the thread.

BackFire
Lil, I think it's pretty obvious, he just wanted the attention that making an insulting titled thread would get him.

Crash Overload

Crash Overload
And WHY would I want bad attention tell me BF

yerssot
*tests theory*
BF You **** ******** **** ********** **** *** !
*smacks his ass*

BackFire
I don't know. You tell me.

Why else would you make an entire thread for the sole purpose of insulting one religion, when you could have simply made a post in one of the other numerous "religion" threads that Lil pointed out?

Or maybe because you're an attention whore?

Storm
That was unfortunately done with some threads. They were discussing different topics but became a huge jumble after the merging. Only the latest topic was remembered and was continued. The others were forgotten.

Crash Overload
Attention Whore? So. According you, Starting a Thread With one of my opinions, be it contraversial or not, Is being an Attention Whore? May remind you that DeNiro Started doing all sorts of Threads at one point only to be the top thread starter?

BackFire
Not because you posted a thread with an opinion that could be controversial. But because you posted a thread about a topic that could have fit into any of the other numerous religious threads that are scattered around this forum.

Why couldn't you just make a post in the "Bible: Fact or Fiction" or one of the other one's and just say "Yeah, I hate Christianity, blah blah blah". Why make a whole unnecessary thread?

As far as Deniro goes, you're forgetting one key fact, all of his useless threads were in the OTF, where they belong. He didn't go around posted stupid threads in GDF.

Storm
And why would you let this thread continue when there are other numerous "religion" threads?

WindDancer
At this point I not even sure what you are trying to say. No offense but you're lost on this topic. With that said I bid you farewell....

btw-don't use the F word like that.

BackFire
Don't worry, I'll close it shortly.

Crash Overload
Althought the reasons are obvious, just say why right now.

BackFire
Closed. Crash, post your points in one of the other god threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.