Suited Vader in EpIII for only 2 minutes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nick1989
Why has Lucus only put Vader in EpIII for 2mins?? How will we know know that he is a intimadating character? They need more time to tell us why hes so intimidating through out ANH,ESB, ROTJ

whitewookie
thats what the games, tv show and EU are for! Lucas is covering his back financially! He needs to keep us guessing, and plugged into his universe.

Plus there isn't very much screentime when we can see Anikan going pure darkside evil, which is why most of EP 3 he'll be corrupted anikan rather then redeemable vader. Plus vader has 3 movies worth of kicking the crap out of the light side, i want to see anikan unleashing some anger. cool

Darth Sauron
1 minute

P/s: anakin
DV: Yes?
P/S: Rise
*does*

Second minute

DV: *breaks out*
Lots of people: *im dead*
P/S: yesss

Intimidating character.

Darth Sauron
Plus vader is just anakin
i think we will see enough of anakin to know he is, as SLJ would but it, a bad mother****er

whitewookie
*shivers* Ooooh, goosebumps!! The potential is a spine chilling moment of massive proportions, orgasmic some might say no expression

PVS
vader will be in it for more that 2 minutes
this is another pointless thread
please dont spam the forum

whitewookie
is ur avatar eating his chin confused !!
Now THAT was useless spam!

jedijunky1138
Most everyone already knows that Analin is Vader so there is no real need to prove the point. When we see Anakin (who by this time will already be Vader) killing the younglings and Windu we will see the menacing power of the Dark Side that has consumed him. The point of this thread is useless.

jedijunky1138
Ohhh Nooo here we go again.

PVS
no, he's licking his nipple. GET IT RIGHT!!! laughing out loud

jedijunky1138
If you could lick your own nipple, wouldn't you?! laughing

PVS
maybe i should start a thread on this? laughing out loud

jedijunky1138
LOL it would make more sence than some of the other threads (this one in particular) lately.

PVS
well, i at least sense no malicious intent with nick1989, so lets go easy on the chap. its not like he's pulling an mrkphilpps.

Anakin2Vader
How do you know he will only be in for 2 minutes?

JKozzy
devil

PVS
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/anakinskywalker.shtml

James Earl Jones talks about his role being about 5 minutes in length, "right after Anakin goes bionic and falls into a volcano." - JEJ
------------------------------------------------------------

and thats just dialogue, perhaps more scenes with vader present.
plus that quote was from before the reshooting, and i believe jej was called in for additional dialogue, so who knows?

certainly well over 2 minutes though

Sith Master X
As far as I heard, it was supposed to be 10 minutes of Vader. Then, GL stated that Vader may have more screentime than anticipated.

Delta51VE
How can any certain amount of time be confirmed at this point?

JKozzy
It can't be.

Delta, indeed, go sox big grin

But we're getting raped 6-0 sad

Nice to see a local face though big grin

Delta51VE
Hi Kozzy!

Hey - there are still 5 innings left!

Sith Master X
Yeah, the sox are my fav, they're my home team, but they get killed like this every year so I'm really not surprised.

Anyway, no screen time can be confirmed yet, but that's what was estimated.

JKozzy
Three more innings... damn sad

http://theforce.net//holonet/newspics/soxyankees.jpg

stick out tongue

Delta51VE
*off topic*
Do you ever hang out at the Sweetheart Inn?

Anyway - not worth compainin' over this Vader thing yet. Save the complaints for later after the movie's out!

Falacerjedi
5 Mins of voice over dialogue could be lots of on screen time for Anakin in the suit. The trilogoy is about how Anakin becomes Vader not Vader himself. As long as the movie ends with Anakin in the suit for a good 10 mins of screen time then I will be happy. Seeing Anakin make the switch from the good side to the dark side of the force is going to be more fun for most people than seeing him in the suit.

Seeing Vader back on the big screen is the climax of the trilogoy so having him in the suit for more than 10 mins of the final movie would serve no purpose.

JKozzy
Can't say I have, I live at the very end of the T, have yet to venture into the city *too* much.

And with any Vader, I'll be happy. As long as Jones gets to voice him. yes

THE SOX JUST SCORED 5 RUNS!! big grin

forumcrew
james earl jones said he has about 5 minutes worth of work in the film.. wonder how you have 5 minutes of dialuge in 2 minutes of film

Cipher
Very good point, there.....

I really want to see Vader in action!

Ushgarak
Keep things to the point, folks...

It is very likely that Vader's appearance is fleeting. We already know how intimidating he is from the Original FIlms; THAT is when he is in action.

DarthLazious
It's better then no Vader at all you guys.

Besides Lucas may change his mind.

queeq
Lucas is still cutting the movie and changing things as he goes... So anything goes on Vader airtime.

hunchy
They asid James Earl Jones RECORDED 5 minutes of dialouge. I think he's in it for more than 2 minutes...

PVS
ECHO ECHO ECHO

Cipher
Vader's glory is in the OT, that's true. But if all we see of him is just that sequence on the table, I'll be a bit disappointed.....

Lowbacca
So it's for sure? confused

Nick1989
Im defently sure that Lucus said Vader will have 2 mins of dialoge. I think it was on a website. I`ll just clarify it

Red Superfly
I can't believe after ALL THIS, all we get is 5-10 minutes of Vader suited.

So, lets see, that's about 1% of all the things we would have liked in the Trilogy that actually materialised.

What a waste.

All that anticipation, the constant teasers in the previous episodes posters, and we get 2 minutes of James Earl Jones voice?

It sounds like I'm whining because, well, I am.

I'm sorry, but that sucks, what a screwjob. (my opinion).

PVS
the curse of the gambino lives on stick out tongue

not much can be confirmed, but JEJ's quote shoots vader's time far above 2 minutes. GL cuts out superficial scenes. vader is the focus of the film, and well...he's the focus of the whole saga. so i doubt any scenes of lord vader will land on the cutting room floor.

waynerobsonuk
It really would be a bit off in my opinion if after all the hype and years of waiting we only get Vader for a few minutes. Better than nothing of course, but if your going to this sort of length to hype basically what the whole of the prequels are about (how Anakin becomes Vader) it really would be screwing over the fans.
Of course not every scene with Vader in has to have him talking. After all JEJ isn't really needed for the Vader breathing sound......
I suppose what makes me paranoid is if as I fear we only get a short amount of Vader, Lucas will have made a fortune. Remember before the prequels there was no hyperspace etc..... We would probably be still be waiting for the original trilogy to be released on DVD (unless of course piracy got so bad they had no choice) Although piracy was one reason I truly believe that the DVD release was only part of the massive marketing and hype for ROTS.
Damn I just read the above and you can tell I am having a bad day can't you?? PMSL.

Wayne

Red Superfly
This is what gets me, the fact that we are speculating over the fact that Vader may get more than TWO whole minutes of screen time?

Should we be grateful even if he gets five minutes? Ten minutes?

I'd consider 15 minutes to be bloody cheap. After all that, 15 minutes of Darth Vader? Even 15 minutes is bordering on Screwjob City.

The kick in the teeth is the fact we are looking at TWO minutes here. That's a f**cking joke. Jar Jar bloody Binks got more than that.

Do something Lucas, delete all of General Grievous' bits for all I care. I can't believe a creation like General Grievous is likely going to have more screen time than Darth Vader.

Lucas better do a powerful scene, not some corny, cliched CGI filled bluescreen crap where Vader looks like he's been painted onto an operating table of some sort. Gyaaaargh!

Two. Minutes. If this is true I am expecting a world-wide, collective "BUUULLLSHHIIITT!" primal scream to echo across the globe on its premier.

That's it, I'm convinced, Lucas is the REAL Darth Sidious and is turning his loyal followers to the dark side.

Nick1989
Im angry too, that suited Vader only has little time in EpIII. But remember that EpIII has got 70% fighting! Lucus Arts or someone like that are going to make a cartoon (like clone wars) that tell us what happens between EpIII and EpVI. So will we see Vader probely fighting in the new animated cartoon.

Sith Master X
Yeah, I mean all SW Episodes has at least 1 lightsaber duel sequence in the movie, except for TPM which had 2. ROTS will have 5 duels!!

Red Superfly
If Lucas came outright and said to the Star Wars fans BEFORE the PT was made: "look, I'll tell ya straight, Vader will be in the new Trilogy for all of two minutes - but we'll do a CARTOON based on the MORE INTERESTING stuff that happens after all the crap bits have ended, it'll sorta cover those 20 years that the fans are actually inetersted in so I can make the first Episode about an annoying child and a stupid, annoying lame as f**k alien."

I think the world would shout a pretty powerful "f**k you" in Lucas' general direction.

I'm sure Lucas knew the fans were expecting large amounts of Vader - after it being pretty obvious that just before Episode 4, Vader had been doing some major ass whupping to the Jedi massive and I think every Star Wars fan was looking forward to Vader acting as a killing machine, along with the Clone Wars.

Imagine how much more anticipated the new movie would be if they didn't bother with General Grievous (the way they managed their time, they certainly didn't have time to bring in yet another major character) and just promised the fans something along the lines of "we will see Darth Vader purge the Jedi in Episode 3" - imagine how cool that would truly be.

What do we get? We get the very start of the clone wars, and then the end, with a cartoon filling in the interesting bits. Then we get the very start of the Jedi purge, and then a cartoon that fills in the 20 year gap that contains the interesting bits yet again. And two minutes of Vader, maybe more, whoop de doo.
Rememeber back to a time when the PT never existed - remember when we once all believed Vader was responsible for the Jedi purge? How we imagined amazing battles with Jedi Knights vs the Ultimate Weapon Darth Vader? Now it's going to be General Grievous vs the Jedi. Giving the limelight to Grievous has now robbed Darth Vader of his credibility as an ass kicker - especially if all he does is kill kids.

Red Superfly
Again, excuse my negativity - but damn it's dissapointing.

waynerobsonuk
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

-yeah I agree totally!
We have all been looking forward to seeing Vader slaughter the Jedi and see how he really got his reputation as a 'killing machine' (cliche I know...laughing LOL)
It's really as if Lucas is doing this on purpose! He finds out what the fans want the most then totally disregards it, sure it's his vision etc, but people deserve value for money. Especially after following star wars since 1977 for gods sakes! Seems to me that he's going to basically cut the balls off Darth vader, if he doesn't do alot of Jedi killing then really what is the point of these films?
(I'm not sure if I'm getting this point accross properly or not)
Grievous kills loads of Jedi....loads more killed by the clones when they turn bad...not a helluva lot left for vader to do anyways is there? Plus if the excuse is that at the end of the film he's still a bit 'poorly' from falling in the lava why have that as a climatic scene then? Surely Lucas could come up with a solution that would please the fans and the public more? I've got a feeling that this film will get bad reviews for this reason alone. It's like if you went to see nightmare on elm street part 18 or something and Freddy didn't turn up for 3 movies! The prequel trilogy has been built on the 'fact' that we would get to see vader 'born' and slaughter a load of Jedi and basically be one bad dude!
Misrepresentation anyone? I just hope I am wrong. In fairness I am having a day from hell today so maybe my vision is coloured by that.
We can but hope it turns out to be the film we wish ...the best of them all.

Wayne...

Reborn Again
Rumours now have it Vader'll be in the movie for 15 minutes as he hunts down all the Jedi.

jedijunky1138
Where did you see this?

Sith Master X
Yeah, I'm curious as to where he saw that as well.

Mace Skywalker
good. this movie isnt supposed to be about vader. Its about anakin becoming vader. Besides we get enough vader in the next three movies.

vanyoda
I can't believe this complaint is still going on ,
the movie will be more powerful if it doesn't show
Vader on a rampage, but instead concentrates on
Anakin's tragic actions and decisions that in the
end will turn him into Vader. smile

waynerobsonuk
Really my comments aren't about whether having more (or less) of Vader in the film will make it a better movie. It's simply about the way that we have been misled all these years. When you think about it we really didn't get to see much of Vader in EP's 4-6. Apart from a couple of big scenes they were quite quickly over and the rest of it was wader standing around being moody. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that it would have been nice for at least one film to show Vader in his prime, to broaden out the character more.
As far as I am concerned phantom menace wasn't about maul..but Lucas made sure we saw a nice big fight scene as he'd pushed maul as the major figure people wanted to see due to all the promotion etc before the film. Now they have been pushing Vader and the 'turning into Vader angle' for a long time now, it'll probably get even heavier promotion-wise sooner we got to ROTS.
So alot of people will be pretty damn upset if they go to see a film about anakin turning into Vader and they don't really get to see Vader do one helluva lot! It'll mean no matter how good the film is it will get bad reviews.
Sort of reminds ya of the old 60's horror films where you hardly got to see the bad guy.....lol
My theory is that Lucas simply wont spend the money on another major fight scene in this movie (Must have been a headache to choreograph the other 4!) This will be our last chance to see a big Vader fight. The TV series they are on about makes me shiver at the very thought, not as if they could get JEJ every episode is it?

*reads back what he just typed * embarrasmentembarrasment

Talk about venting! - Been having a few days from hell of late sad ...don't worry people I'll calm down eventually (unless something worse happens...PMSL)

Wayne...

Red Superfly
I can understand that, but they could have done that AND still have Vader do some ass kicking , which is what we were lead to believe.

I think EVERY Star Wars fan was quite excited to learn that the prequels will be all about Vaders journey to the dark side, because I'm sure every Star Wars fan thought "OMG I can't wait until Vader wipes out the Jedi" - who DIDN'T imagine this? The constant teasers, posters, and characterisation in the prequels indicated that somewhere down the line, we're gonna see Vader, in the suit, do an awful lot of killing and fighting.

The prequels were the perfect chance to reveal the true Darth Vader, the Vader that could wipe the floor with anybody - what proof will there be of this now? That aura of fear and power, all gone.

Maybe it's the reason why Tarkin commands him later on.

General: "Lord Vader, I was wonderring, what Jedi did you wipe out"

Vader: "Killed a bunch of kids, then got my arse kicked by Obi-Wan"

General: "Hi, my names Tarkin, I'll take over from here now, you big p*ssy"

Nick1989
Ive actually been told that Vader does kill alot of Jedi in EpIII. The padawans, Jedi Masters, Mace Windu etc. Ive just only remembered that when Anakin joins Palpatine(in the battle with mace) he is Vader! So i think we don`t really need to see suited Vader fight in EpIII. If he did he would be pretty weak(healing his recent wounds). We will see Vader at his best in Star Wars history when he fights Obi Wan. Whats the point of seing suited vader fight. Its only a suit! It does`int make him powerful.

We will probely see suited vader for a short time, but we will se non- suited Vader who is more powerful.

Nick1989
By the way this is nicks bro

Red Superfly
He can call himself Darth Vader all he wants, but he ain't Darth Vader unless he's in that suit dammit!

Nick1989
Hes not Vader when hes in the suit. Hes Vader when he turns to the Darkside and when he gets knighted as Vader. He does that before hes in the suit.

DARTH DADDY
I would agree... Vader is vader with or without the suit. The suit is only a life support system. If it were supposed to be for frightening people then all the sith would be in suits.

jedijunky1138
Anakin will receive the moniker of DARTH VADER after he kills Windu. Killing Windu will complete his journey to the dark side. Then and only then will he be Vader. Palps will give him the name.

waynerobsonuk
when your 'man in the street' (cliche alert!) thinks of Darth Vader he imagines the suit.............. he may be vader before the suit but in most peoples minds it isn't vader till they see that suit and hear that voice.

Wayne...

jedijunky1138
This is true but it does not mean that he is not Vader without the suit.

PVS
^^^
agreed. we will not know this until may 19th anyway. nowhere does it state that vader only takes the name when he is put into the suit.

see JJ1138, we can actually agree on something big grin stick out tongue

jedijunky1138
I knew it could happen!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing Happy Dance

jedijunky1138
Its easy to do in the Star Wars forums. HUH? rock

PVS
with some folks, i actually find it more difficult and overdramatic when debating star wars laughing out loud

jedijunky1138
True... Very true!

waynerobsonuk
it might sound corny but as far as 'johnny public' (damn another cliche alert:lolsmile is concerned I think theres 'vader' and then thers VADER. i.e. VADER is the full black suit wearing James Earl Jones asthmatic sounding bad ass (oh bugger I always said I'd never use that word at my age:lolsmile
Whereas 'vader' is just anakin having a bit of a darkside hissy fit, OK so thats a bit stupid sounding but you get my drift. I still think this has all the hallmarks of being a good film though.

Wayne...

Red Superfly
I'm with you on this one.

And yes, I assumed Anakin will be called Darth Vader even though he is un-suited. I understand that.

But you have to understand what I'M trying to put across. I'm not a Joe Public, I've done my Star Wars homework, but I still CANNOT picture "Darth Vader" unsuited. He's still Anakin Skywalker. I'm sorry, but that's just me - I'm a visual wh0re.

Darth Vader is Darth Vader. Hayden Christensens image with long hair and a scowl on his face is NOT Darth Vader - he's just Anakin pretending to be Vader.

I know there are loads of you probably thinking "but he will be called Darth Vader by the Emperor, his mindset will be different and spritually he will be Darth Vader - what doesn't he get?" but the thing is - I don't care if he's "Vader-lite". I want the whole package, and I'm throwing my rattle out of the cot because we aren't gonna get it.

waynerobsonuk
Damn right!

Wayne...

Red Superfly
Does anyone get the feeling as though there really ought to be a Episode 3.5?

Does it not seem as though Revenge Of The Sith should have been Episode 2? Attack Of The Clones should have been Episode 1?

Just all that stuff about Leia rememberrring her mother, and the OT in general making it seem as though there's always going to be something missing?

I know I know, "lucas's vision" and all that, i know - but it just seems, well, wrong.

For a Trilogy that was supposed to provide the backstory, and to "complete" the series - it still seems as though there's enough room for ANOTHER TRILOGY'S WORTH in between Eps 3 and 4.

Maybe they'll do Episode 3.33333333333, Episode 3.66666666666 and Episode 3.99999999999 one day?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.