King Conan: Crown of Iron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Columnists Marilyn Beck & Stacy Jenel Smith report that writer/director John Milius definitely plans to go forward with King Conan: Crown of Iron without the newly-elected California Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"This could be John's best script ever," says a source about the Conan the Barbarian follow-up. There's a challenging Conan role and it contains five significant female roles.

Someone close to the project says there will be advantages about going with another actor. It'll be cheaper to make, no studio interference, it'll be possible to shoot in exotic locales for which Arnold wouldn't get insurance from the studio, and less CGI.

alic88
my friend gave me a conan dvd and by just looking at the cover of it i never watched it

Lord_Andres
you should both 1 and2 are greatsmile

Darth Vicious
They are but it would be weird not having Ahnold play Conan!

Lord_Andres
ya in a way it's better that they don't do it

ragesRemorse
the first one was good. i think if its going to be made like displayed above then it might be interesting

Vim
they could get one of the new buff actors to do it, someone like vin diesel or a real newbie

ragesRemorse
if there gonna go with a known actor. I wouldnt go with anyone other than diesel. However the rock would be the main target in holly wood, but pabloo said they diddnt wanna go this route with losing all there money to a superstar. If thats true we should be instore for some decent action

Lord_Andres
I think that the Rock is the only one that could pull it of dessently

TheFilmProphet
King Conan: Crown of Iron Receives Financing
Source: IGN Filmforce
October 11, 2004

IGN Filmforce reports that writer/director John Milius has received financing for King Conan: Crown of Iron.

Milius is currently in Turkey where he has secured full funding for King Conan. If that's the case, that would mean Warner Brothers would only have to distribute the film rather than finance it.

Milius is said to be scouting locations in Turkey for filming and that Arnold Schwarzenegger may still be involved with the project.

TheFilmProphet
Any thoughts?

TheFilmProphet
IGNFF Exclusive: King Conan Gets Paid
What's happening in Istanbul?
October 11, 2004 - IGN FilmForce has been advised by sources that, while King Conan: Crown of Iron has been stewing in development hell at Conan Properties, Inc. and Warner Brothers, writer-director John Milius is on the move.

Milius is currently in Turkey where he has secured full funding for King Conan. If that's the case, that would mean Warner Brothers would only have to distribute the film rather than finance it.

We were also advised that Milius is currently scouting locations in Turkey with some of Conan's private financiers. When filming might begin remains unclear but at least the money is now in place.

Furthermore, Arnold Schwarzenegger may still be involved with the project. Everything depends, however, on whether the Governator runs for re-election but the door for his return is apparently still open.

Look to IGN FilmForce for more Conan news as it happens!
-- Stax

http://www.mysteriousworld.com/Content/Images/Journal/2003/Spring/Giants/KingConan.jpg

zinh
I hope he is but I doubt it will happen =\

Curl_Up&Dye
hahahaaaa....

i had to read this cause i was like
DUDE! CONAN O BRIEN?!?!?!

hahahahahaaa

WindDancer
I would be Awesome to see another Conan movie made. But I just think that Arnold shouldn't be Conan again. It should be some other actor for the role of Conan. Arnold would be cool as an old wizard or an old king. But not as Conan. Is just isn't the same.

Major Knight
if its not arnold i bet they ask the rock lol.

WindDancer
LOL! The Rock? Why not Kurt Angle? stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
This might sound like a joke but Triple H real name Paul Michael Levesque is seriously being considered for the part of Conan. If Arnold is still involved it doesn't neccessarily mean he will play Conan again it could be a different role.

WindDancer
I think Triple H has already been casted for other movies. He is scheduled to be in Blade:Trinity. He might play the part of barbarian so-so.

TheFilmProphet
Besides wrestling his schedule is pretty much free since he finished filming Blade 3 about a year ago. Now is his chance to become an action movie star. I would much rather see him cast as Conan than the Rock.

WindDancer
Moving to Sci-fi/Fantasy forum. big grin

Lord_Andres
OMG did I say all that stuff on page 1? holy.... 'hiding under the bed' I most have been drunk or something, shit the rock even the consideration makes me puke! and Vin he aint a bit better, hell while we are at choose the worst actor, why not add that stupit actor that played the emperor in mortal kombat2 and that bad guy in cobra, brian something, laughing out loud he is sooo laughable bad, laughing out loud THE EARTH WAS CREATED IN 6 DAYS SO SOON WILL IT NOW BE DESTROYED laughing out loud oh man he sucks, and so do both the conan movies!!! laughing out loud cheap 80's fantasy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.