Van Helsing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
There are two different versions of Van Helsing coming out.

One version is just the movie itself that you're seeing on the commercials.

The special edition features the Dracula, The Wolf Man, and Frankenstein original movies.

Does anyone know if the special edition features anything else?

darktim1
all that I know is that it has alot of extras on it hope that helps out.

Elektra_lover

Wolfie
I looked at both editions today in the store. You can pay more than double the cost if you want the three original movies and about four crappy special features.

Unholy_Cheese
This is something im not getting

rwoonacott
I did not buy the special edition and I have pretty much everything. There are a lot of features that just come with the normal movie. I found the movie to be really great, the computer graphics were totally outstanding.
The DVD comes with many features that are always a plus, I really would recommend this movie to anyone. I think that all the actors of the film did a wonderful job.

I would give this movie a 7 out of 10.

Scarpa
I liked the movie okey but Im not buying it.

bakerboy
To put those three great classics with that crap movie is a joke.

MildPossession
Did I hear wrongly, or was there suppose to be a starting credits showing old movie monsters from the past? because the movie I saw it didn't have this.

I was going to buy it on 3 disc special edition, but decided to rent it instead and boy was I glad, load of rubbish. Awful.

Wolfie
Awful... the 3 disc DVD or the movie?

MildPossession
The movie...

Cinemaddiction
"Classic" is rather subjective, and really doesn't constitute anything but a films age.

I find most "classic" Horror movies be nothing more than inspiration, where natural progression easily puts them to shame because of their simplicity.

Mr Parker
I have not seen this movie yet but want to.

bakerboy
Classic isnt about time, its more a mix of talent and impact. And yes, those movies are great classics and without simplicity, they are references in the genere. And mr parker, i recomended you not see that crap movie of van helsing, is as worst as man spider or batman and robin.

Mr Parker
well the ONLY reason i want to see it is to look at the hot looking Kate whats here name? she is hot. big grin she may make it worth sitting through the same way that Kim basinger is the only thing that makes batman 89 worth sitting through. big grin

Mane
This movie munches balls.

Cinemaddiction
I already said that "classic" is more used for movies that set the bar for other movies. The original "Dracula" for example didn't to that. Every Dracula movie after that was different, because the original wasn't effective.

Wolfie
Classic is about time as well as greatness. Something made back in the day that was really crappy can't be a classic. A newer film can't be a classic just yet.

Mr. Parker, don't see this for Kate Beckinsale. You'll be disappointed. She's sexier in Underworld, though.

bakerboy
Well, lets see.

Mr Parker, Kate Bekinsale is hot in Van Helsing, but she doesnt deserve the watching of the movie. She is hotter in underworld, as wolfie has said. By the way, the vampire chicks from van helsing are hot too, one of them is from my country, spain, her name is elena anaya.

Classic is a movie what issnt necessary that old. The most part of the classics are old , yes, but there are a lot of modern classics because their impact in the cinema and the culture( elephant man, pulp fiction, goodfellas, etc).

Dracula movie with bela lugosi was a classic, yes , and the performance of bela lugosi as dracula defined the character for the other movies. The cloack, the bat, the castle, etc.

Wolfie
I didn't mean OLD. If it's at least about ten years old (like Pulp Fiction), it can be called a classic in my opinion. Fairly new movies (Kill Bill), you would have to keep the "modern" in there, calling it a modern classic.

Mr Parker
Sorry but I have seen enough evidence from the trailers that she is hot in this movie,she looks great in her costumes just like Kim Basinger did in Batman 89 so I am for sure going to see it especially since I can just go to the library and rent it for free. big grin Thats why even though I totally hate what they did to the batman 89 movie,the casting of keaton,ect,I still enjoy sitting through it because Basinger had a huge role in that film,and thanks to the brilliant costume designers of that film-too bad the screenwriters werent near as talented, mad she looked hotter in that film than any other film she has been in,especially in that blue dress and like i said,beckinsale looks hot in her costumes as well and so do the vampire girls you mentioned.I know its going to be a horrible film with a horrible script,but again thats what I thought of batman 89 but I still enjoy sitting through it because of Kim. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.