Why do video games based on animes suck so much?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix Aska
Most video games based on animes are really crappy....for example....the dragonball games like Budokai...they get soooo boring....However, the inuyasha RPG for the PS2 looked kinda good....Anybody know why video games based on animes and mangas are so terrible?

Darth Revan187
Come now,
Everyone enjoys playing Pokemon for the Game Boy.

Phoenix Aska
well...thats true...but...u have to admit that most ames based upon anime shows are horrible...

WindDancer
The new Robotech video games for PC and Console have suck. thumb down

Gregory
I don't think it's anime specifically. Games based on almost any franchise usually suck, or at least aren't very good--outside of Spider Man, you won't find many great games based on movies or comics, for example.

Phoenix Aska
Hmmmm....I don't know about that....th resident evil 4 game looks pretty sweet...cuz it has Leon Kennedy in it...that guy was the best charecter along with Claire Redfield...I don't really play the robotech games...I've played custom robo though....and that's not very good....

Darth Revan187
How about good games with a crappy anime.
Arc the Lad collection for playstation was good, but the anime based on the games sucked.

Phoenix Aska
Hahaha...the reversed way around huh? Let me sleep on it and i'll think of a couple tomorrow...OoO nevermind...the pokemon games were fun but the show was crappy....

Darth Revan187
Heh, I believe I said something similar at the top.
How about Vampire Hunter D for playstation? I never played it but I'm going to assume it sucked. I didn't really care for the anime movie either.

Phoenix Aska
I've never heard of vampire hunter D b4...

Darth Revan187
Didn't they make an anime based off of the Megaman games? Was it any good?

Phoenix Aska
I don't know about that...but the old megaman games for the original nintendo were awesome!!!

Phoenix Aska
They have resident evil mangas out too I think....I read about it in a magazine before....

Sieg_Hart
i resent that .hack// was very good on both show and game

Phoenix Aska
.hack was like the same though...it had a good story line...but the game was just...uhhhggg run around dungeon through dungeon leveling up...kind of repetitive if u ask me....

Silver Stardust
I liked the Sailormoon games, especially Sailormoon: Another Story...and the BSSM fighting games are a riot laughing out loud

Phoenix Aska
I didn't even know they made a sailormoon video game...dragonballgt final bout for the PSX was pretty good...japanese version at least....
Don't confuse it with ultimate battle 27..that was horrible....

songbirdforever
cool a sailor moon vid game what does it play in

Phoenix Aska
I bet it plays on the PSX....

songbirdforever
darn all ihave is a super nintendo

Phoenix Aska
Damn...not much of a video game player huh???

songbirdforever
X-BOX MAKES ME NAUCIOUS BUT I LOVE SUPER MARIO AND MARIO PAINT AND DRAW AND MARIO CART AND ALL STARS

Phoenix Aska
The only game I like with Mario in it is Super Smash Bros. Melee since u can be Marth from Fire Emblem and kill Mario...

songbirdforever
what is it with you and you wanting tokill all of the good guys

Darth Revan187
Mario is weak.
I believe they had an old cartoon about him.
Can't recall if it was an anime though.

songbirdforever
Look whos back to bring sunshine into our lives
marios cool It wasn't exactly an anime they made it in japan i believe but it was an american style of drawings

Darth Revan187
Same with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
But I care not for neither games or cartoon/anime whatever it may be.

songbirdforever
your the one whose missing out sunshine

Darth Revan187
Whatever you say,
I heard that a Cowboy Bebop game was being made.
The show was cool, the game (if the rumors are true) best live up to the show.

songbirdforever
what happens at the end of cowboy be bop does faye ever find out who she is and does spike ever find his mystery woman

Phoenix Aska
hahahha...it all depends what the cowboy beebop game will be? Like an action game,rpg, or fighting game....

The yu yu hakusho game for the PS2, the dark Tournament game sux and is boring..if u have seen the episodes or read the mangas there is no point to buying the game it is just like the Budokais and goes through the original storyline of the dark tournament....

songbirdforever
yuyu hak a shew is a rip off of Dbz
i cant spell
and i kiind of ment the tv show

Phoenix Aska
I like that show...I think it is more interesting than DBZ is....

Darth Revan187
You should have known the game was going to be a let down from it's low price in stores.

Phoenix Aska
well...of course I knew the game was going to be dissapointment...i just got it because...well u know me...I have nothing else to spend money on....

Darth Revan187
You could have bought me something.

Darth Revan187
There was that Earth Worm Jim show too, and again I don't know if it was an anime. The game wasn't that special, and the show didn't float my boat either.

songbirdforever
why? cant you buy it yourself

Phoenix Aska
I remember that game....that was weird and I had no interest in such a stupid game...

Remember that seaman game for the dreamcast where u raised fish with human heads and they talked to u?

Who would make up an idea for a gmae like that?

Darth Revan187
The street fighter games were good and so was the movie.
Not the crappy one with the Van Dam guy, but the anime.

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha...that movie with van dam was funny...but the anime series was good....

Darth Revan187
I am on a roll today,
Gundam Wing was a great show, and it spawned many games, but the only decent one was The Side Story or whatever for the Sega Dreamcast.

Phoenix Aska
They had another game at gamecrazy that looked good for the ps2 but I never bought it...I showed it to u that night when I bought custom robo...

songbirdforever
as a type of answer to your topic that you wrote out for this place to chat I don't know; why are you always playing sucky video games?

Phoenix Aska
I'm not always playing sucky video games...I'm just pointing out the crappy ones so people who read this will know not to wste their money on it because the anime or manga was kool....

Silver Stardust
They're only in Japanese...

Phoenix Aska
Cool...I have the things to play imported japanese games...what system?

Silver_Blaze

Phoenix Aska
I think DBZ Budokai 2 was horrible.....so was the 1st one and yu yu Hakusho the dark tournament......

I just don't think that ATari is making good games...

They should be more like Dragon Ball Gt final Bout(japanese)...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.