Blade 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metroplex

Metroplex
http://www.killermovies.com/b/blade3/articles/3250.html

I think this movie will be good. smile Looks like it has a really good story.

Tex
The 2nd movie was absolutely the best comic to movie translation ever!
Way better than the first one!
I loved it!
Cant wait for the 3rd one!thumb up

VampirePrincess
A third one? Wow... I seen the 2nd one and it was ok. I thought it was odd but all well. Though I did like the scene in the club were you see people playing with their spines and drinking blood. That was a great scene!

BackFire349
didnt like blade or blade 2. dont like vampires for the most part.

TedO
Blade was a good movie. Nice storyline, good fight scenes and nice acting.

Blade 2 was also a good movie, but because of the intricate storyline twists, I believe it was better than the first one. Plus I loved the altered vampires (can't remember the freak guys name).

I hope Blade 3 lives up to the previous ones.

Baylin
I've enjoyed both 1st & 2nd but I thought there was a bit of a loss in continuity.
I'm still looking forward to the third though

Darth Vicious
I enjoyed both of them and im looking forward to the third, i heard it was gonna be the last one, a trilogy, everythings a trilogy nowadays, lol

green33
i agree with Darth Vicious both of the films were good and i also am looking forward to the 3rd more than anyfilm so far coming ouit in 2004

scifigunslinger
Blade III is going to rock!!! Blade vs. Dracula or "Drake" will be awesome!!!

Morph
The first Blade owned. Blade 2 was like...rotting...goat...testicle..hair. This one is supposed to be based on that whole Nightstalker thing, so it should kick ass. I AM ABOVE THE LAW!

Kes
Some news:
http://www.efavata.com/CBM/blade3.htm

Metroplex
In the comic book, the nightstalkers are Cannibal King, and Frank DRAKE. i have no idea if they will use Frank Drake since his last name is the same as the new Dracula. Well if this like the comic, than Cannbal King and Frank Drake dies

troken
Metroplex, I think you meen Hannibal King, not cannibal King. If you want to kind out alot of information about the movie goto

efavata.com/CBM/blade3.htm

The origanl Nightstackers dectitive agance was Blade, Hannibal king, and Frank Drake. They fought dracula back in the tomb of dracula comics. You can get more information on them at

marveldirectory.com/individuals/k/kinghannibal.htm

marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/blade.htm

Oh whistler was never in the comics till the movie came out.

Daywalker
I liked the first 2 Blade installments and I think that the last one will be cool as well. Can't wait to see it!

whitedragon
hi day walker. is that a pic of you. if so you look like a clone of blade. i do like the sound of blade3 coz the other blade filmz woz the maaad-notes. bunny

Daywalker
Yes, that is me in the pic and thanks for the compliment big grin I liked Blade 1&2 and I don't think they're going to blow it with this last installment. Just hope Blade 3 has everything from Blade 1&2 and much more.

Daywalker
Has anyone heard anything on the final design of Blade's costume for trinity? Any more word on Triple H and what his role will be in the movie? It's been awhile on the updates since they teased us with the pic below

ab012f9448
Dreamwatch magazine said: 'Triple h, alias Michael Paul LeVesque, looks set to make his big screen debut as hulking, metal-toothed vampire Grimwood. Also Parker Posey from Josey and the pusseycats is eyeing the role of beautiful vampire chief Danica Talos, who launches a plan to conquer mankind using the blood from Dominic Purcells ancient vampire Frank Drake, A.K.A Dracula.
Blade trinity sees Blade alone and pursued by the authorities. Blade joins forces with Vampire hunters The Nightstalkers, includin Jessica Biel as Abigail Whistler.'

I can't find anything on blades final costume but i have seen recent pictures of it and it looks practically identical to the one in your picture above. Hope this helps Daywalker. smile

Daywalker
It did help, thanks. I figured Triple H would be some kind of bad a$$ vamp enforcer type.

That ammo vest worries me, it looks alittle bland. I wonder if that's the finished product? I prefer the one from the first movie over all so far.

ab012f9448
I just found another pic and the ammo vest is completely different to the one in the pic above. It has more silver buckles on it than that one but wether its the final one i don't know.

Daywalker
Really? Can I get the link?

ab012f9448
There is no link, it's in one of my issues of dreamwatch, sorry. I'd scan it but my scanners broken. Oh and that picture of the vest, thats not the one i saw, the buckles were more jagged and had tiny red things in each buckle.

Daywalker
No worries. Actually the pic above is a pic of my vest. The vest that you're descriving sounds like the one from Blade 2

Below are the Blade 1 & 2 vests

ab012f9448
It does look like the one on the left but just slightly different. Whoops, my mistake smile

Daywalker
Hey, no worries and thanks for looking. I did come across this photo. Looks like Blade is standing over the the dead human that he will get framed over.

ab012f9448
Cool!

ab012f9448
I'll try and find some more pictures of blade 3. I found one but it won't post.

Spawnie
Wow, u guys actually found something. Triple H from WWF? I just hope he knows how to act. Well the WWf prepares u for acting to some extent but still that is not all u need for a movie like Blade. Well I just hope that he will act cool. The idea of the hunters kinda intrigues me, so I guess they have a good idea for the movie big grin.

GoGoGoGoGoGoGo BLADEIII !!!!!

Daywalker
sad awww, oh well, noworries.

Daywalker
Sounds like he's going to be some big bad enforcer so hopefully it's close to a character he can relate to. Yeah, Vince does train all of his kids to do some acting so hopefully that will help Triple H be a credible actor in this movie.

The premise for the movie does sound very interesting and I hope that this last installment is very fulfilling on all levels.

ab012f9448
If Triple H is as good an actor as the rock then we don't have that much to worry about. On the wwe though, he's not as convincing when he talks as the rock was so maybe that might play off into this movie. Best bloody not do!

Daywalker
Yeah, some people like The Rock are just naturals. Let's hope for the best with Triple H. Hopefully they'll play off of his strong points like his size and bad attitude.

ab012f9448
Pics!
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~julieann/blade.gif

Spawnie
Damn I don't know why but the first vest edition of Blade is more appealing to me then the second. I'll see the movie and I won't even notice, so it's gonna be all good smile.

Daywalker
Really cool Blade 1 pic.

Daywalker
That's why I modeled my vest after the first movie, I like it the best too. The first one looks more practical while the 2nd one is more stylish than anything and it doesn't look bulletproof at all. I like them both but prefer the 1st one. I hope the vest looks good in this last movie.

chilled monkey
I am really looking forwards to the upcoming Blade 3. Does anyone have any idea when it will be out?

The thing that I'm most looking forwards to is Jessica Biel as Whistler's daughter, Abigail. I think she will be really great.

Eidolon
From what I've heard it's suppose to come out this summer sometime. I think August.

LeAtHerRFace
Gotta see that moovie.

VENOMfan
yeah, Blade 3 is gonna rock as did the first two

Spawnie
It's out in August for u guys in the US. They got Triple H in that movie big grin, I'm interested in how he played his part.

chilled monkey
Thank you very much. August eh? So that would be sometime in October/November for the UK?

What's interesting is that in the first movie, Whistler mentioned that he had two daughters, but implied that they were dead. Does he know that Abigail is alive? If not, how will he and Blade react to meeting her?

Oh yeah, Blade 3 will rock.

eleveninches
What role does Cripple H play in this movie?

mpatterson
blade3 is gonna rock, i think hhh is a badguy

nightcrawer89
i liked the frist two blade movie and i can't wait until the third mvoe comes out.dose any one like the blade movies like my self.the new balde movie comes out this summer.well it is coming out aug 13 04.i can't wait. i think this movie revoles over the death of wisler.

wuTa
the blade movies are tight....the 3rd ones gonna be tough to make because everyones gonna have high expectations...the 1st one wasa the best though

nightcrawer89
i think they are all good

Red Superfly
I have to agree Blade is great. Triple H plays a vampire with steel fangs in this new one. I reckon he'll be one great vamp.

nightcrawer89
cool

chilled monkey
I can't wait to see this movie either. What I'm most looking forwards to is Whistler's daughter, Abigail (played by Jessica Biel).

If Whistler does get killed off, I hope that he has some scenes with Abigail first. He probably doesn't know that she's alive, so it should be very interesting.

nightcrawer89
sweet

Drifter101
in the past there have been great films ruined by some leading ladies, on ex is Bad Boys 2.

Now in the upcoming Blade film, which opens december, Whistlers daughter comes into the picture w/ her cross bow and tight leather outfits, but has this image been killed by the television show 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' of a young aged female taking on vampires w/ crossbows.

she hopes to do her best in the films, she stated that in an interview earlier this year.

but will she put a cheap acting performace? or will the died out image of a female vampire slayer bring memories of shows past and give it a cheesy edge to the film?

u decide

Drifter101
and u can checkout production pics on the net , easy to find u'll see what i mean by a somewhat buffy copy

JuggernautFan
jessica beil is hot. i'd watch any movie she was in

chilled monkey
Jessica Biel is what I am most looking forwards to in this movie. I like female action heroes and I am sure she will be a fantastic addition to the franchise.

I expect that there will be quite a few comparisons with 'Buffy', but that doesn't bother me. I bet that Abigail (that's the name of Jessica's character) will be easily ten times better than Buffy.

What's more, she opens up a lot of room for character development. Whistler seems to think that his family is dead, so how will he react to finding out she's alive? How will Blade react to meeting his 'sister?'

Besides (speaking personally) I dislike firearms, so I'm glad that her weapon of choice is a crossbow.

Spawnie
Blade doesn't have a sister, he is an only child, I hope u realize that by watching the first movie. Whistler is a father figure but nothing more, no bloodline. Who knows he might even like her and try to tap that ass for a change. Blade needs to get laid, ppl.

Wynndar
Agreed...i think a lot of people would not go see another Blade movie, but she would give some of us more insentive...and yes...Blade should try tapping that

chilled monkey
I was speaking metaphorically. I meant that because Whistler is a father-figure to Blade, he might see Whistler's daughter as being like a sister. I know that they are not biologically related.

Then again, perhaps you're right. Perhaps we will see a relationship between them. That would also be interesting. As I said, there is more room for character development. She brings a lot of possibilities.

Drifter101
hey i agree shes totally hot but its just that it may be that she wont perform that type of roll well, she hasnt really been in action flicks, so hopefully im wrong and shes great who knows

Darth Vicious
Ive never liked or made an effort to watch anything involving Jessica Biel but all that changed when i saw her in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Damn shes hot but in Blade i guess will have to wait an see, her character in the movie is based in "The Nightstalkers" comic book which hopefully she had time to study and sorry butBiffy would kick her azz any day of the week but i think the movie can be in troble with the "Van Wilder" guy, ive only seen him in that movie and he played a goofy character now hes gonna be playing a serious character and he aint no Tom Hanks which can play any character!

Drifter101
that i totally agree w/

chilled monkey
Well obviously none of us can be absolutely certain until we actually get to see the movie. Its just that (regardless of how good Jessica Biel is), I don't have any problem with the type of character she's playing. As I said before, I think that she will do a much better job as a female vampire slayer than Buffy ever did.

Drifter101
hopefully ur right im just concerned because Beil has never done action before so hopefully she does a good job im hoping on it

Drifter101
for the sake of the movie

Eidolon
I got no complaints about the actress, but having her use a crossbow is just stupid.

The one thing I like most about the Blade movies is their more realistic approach to fighting Vampires. No using crosses or prayers to stop Vamps, they've done a... scientific study of Vamps to know they're weaknesess. They don't use wooden stakes and crap cause they knew it's easier to just use an gun with silver bullets and such. If they put a crossbow in it ruins all of that. Think about it a sword or knife is much more effective for close combat and a gun is much more effective at ranged combat + against muiltiple opponents.

Using a crossbow is illogical when you have fire arms that do the job much more effectivly, and takes away from the Vamp hunters using science and brains to fight Vamps and puts in stupid "don't I look cool fighting Vamps with a crossbow" effect.

If she uses a crossbow for one particular scene fine, but don't have her use it as her weapon of choice.

Drifter101
well in a couple of pics shes holding the dumb crossbow, and the backrounds were diff meaning she has it in multiple scenes

chilled monkey
Eidolon: I see your point. I have to agree that firearms are more practical, but as I said in an earlier post, I'm still glad that she uses a crossbow. I just don't like guns. Besides, isn't that what she uses in the comics? Don't people prefer it when 'comic book' movies stay true to what happens in the comic?

When the movie comes out, perhaps there will be an 'explanation' for why she uses it.

Daywalker
I heard a rumor that there has been trouble between Wesley Snipes and David Goyer on the set of Blade Trinity. Any truth to this or does anyone have any updates on the upcoming film?

Daywalker

VENOMfan
well....I will try to give my info

Blade 3 is the last blade film.
((but wesely is considering a Black Panther role))

Blade 3 is supposed to be more intense than the first two Snipes even comented to wizard his trainer had to hold him back a little.

Reapers are gone, now we have reaper dogs
((I would have liked Reapers to stay the same))

HHH is Grimwood some crazy Vampire with gold fangs and Jessica beal and that guy are all inspired or are characters from the Blade comics.

I know a little more but its hard to explain. Ill get some screens too

Spawnie
News and Rumors:

April 17, 2004: Spoiler Alert: The following may contain spoilers, look away now if you don't want to know about a possible ending to Blade: Trinity.
"Creature Corner has scoopage today on the last of the "Blade" movies. The site reports that according to gossip rag The Star, writer/director David Goyer shot at least "two or three endings" including one in which Wesley Snipes' Daywalker bites the dust. If this is valid it's not at all a shocker especially since we've been hearing that New Line is eyeing to continue the franchise with Abigail Whistler and Hannibal King, played by Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds respectively." Thanks to Darkhorizons.com for the heads up!

March 15, 2004: New Line Cinema has delayed the third Blade movie to December 10, 2004.

February 12, 2004: Hollywood North Report interviewed director David Goyer about Blade 3: "As expected, there's a lot of action. "We had a lot of big stunts, more than the other films. We blew things up, smashed a lot of cars. We blew up, smashed and shattered $170,000 in glass alone. "The big surprise for me was that it turned out quite funny, it has quite a bit of comedy. That's why I decided to cast a lot of people that had improvisational backgrounds or comedic backgrounds."

That is all I could muster.

Daywalker
Thanks alot Venom. I've heard about all of that already though but there was a rumor that Wesley and David got into a physical conflict on the set and Wesley doesn't like some of the script. Hope I heard wrong.

Daywalker
Kill Blade??? Why don't we kill Superman Batman and the rest of the guys while we're at it??? Heroes don't die!!! Spawnie, I really hope that's not the case. I know this is the last installment of the Blade movies but to kill the man would be a big mistake sad Thanks for the info

Oh yeah, got a present for ya

Arachnoidfreak
"that guy" VENOMfan is referring to is the Van Wilder from National Lampoon's Van Wilder. he also expressed interest in playing Wade Wilson in Deadpool. NONONONONO! stick to comedy jerkass!

Daywalker
Don't forget two guys, a girl and a pizza place wink I do find it strange that he's even involved with a Blade film.

VENOMfan
this is one of the funniest post's ive ever read for some reason lol

Daywalker
Maybe it's because of the word Jerkass, lol

Arachnoidfreak
im not taking credit for that word. i took it from The Simpsons lol shifty big grin shifty

VENOMfan
lol its great non the less

Spawnie
Maybe Wesley got into an argument because of the 3 possible endings. We will see wich ending will get the prize. If they kill him they r talking about continuing with whistlers daughter, blah blah blah. I really didn't like that part. I really hope they do not intend to turn the blade movies into something rediculous.

PS. Thanx for the pic big grin, kicks ass.

Daywalker
I think i'd have to fight somebody about that Blade getting killed part too. Call me closed minded or whatever but i'll stand and say right now that Abigail taking over is a huge mistake. Can you say Buffy wannabe? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Glad you like the pic. The Spawn costume wasn't the best but it was captured pretty good in the photo. I actually had you in mind when I had it taken big grin

Spawnie
Cool, thanx. I don't care how much it was detailed I was surprised in the effort of making it.

I hope that the audience that rates Blade 3, agrees with the ending where he doesn't get killed, lol. How do u get the oportunity to go and see the movie so u can rate it? U know the audience that sees the screener, the one befo the big screen. How can u be one of them? Do u get invited to these things? or is it something else?

Daywalker
I hope they have the right people in there when decisions are being made too. I could settle for it ending like Buffy and Angel. They could just say that Blade has gone elsewhere to fight the good fight then they can concentrate on their little Buffy pt 2 project.

chilled monkey
I'd like to point out that Abigail Whistler is from the comics. She came well before 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer.' Buffy is actually the rip-off.

Besides, (as I've said before) I hated Buffy. I'd like to see someone else show how it SHOULD have been done. I think that giving Abigail her own movie would be great.

I agree that they shouldn't kill Blade off though. That would be a bad idea.

Daywalker
Ok, I honestly didn't know that, thanks for the info. I don't think many people know about abigail and with Buffy being such a success(even though I don't like her either), another female leading a band of guys to kill off vampires is going to reek of Buffy. I don't really care if they attempt this(maybe it'll be good) but they shouldn't kill Blade off by any means.

Arachnoidfreak
the writer of Buffy is now writing Astonishing Xmen. i wonder how thats gunna turn out. i read the 6 page preveiw, and it was...different. ill probably pick up the first couple of issues, but its going to be a 12 part story.

chilled monkey
Daywalker: Yeah, I see what you mean. All the same, I'd still like to see the spin-off movie (if it does get made).

And as I mentioned, killing off Blade would definately be a bad mistake. Let's just hope that smarter heads prevail.

p.s. I like the Blade v.s. Spawn pic.

Spawnie
If u guys can find a poll on another page or something, maybe there is a vote for the Blade 3 ending, so we can vote NO BLADE KILLING in this movie! I wish we had a saying in it dammit! LOL

Daywalker
Glad you liiked the pic. I couldn't pass up that photo op.

Daywalker
That's a great idea Spawnie. I'll have to look into that.

chilled monkey
Sorry to bump this.

Go to IMDb and check Wesley Snipes filmography. Click on Blade:Trinity and take a look at the message boards. That should wipe away any doubts about Jessica Biel.

Daywalker
Actually, I have my concerns about her and mr. "Van Wilder" I really hope they don't bring a shallowness to the movie with as you said, tight leather pants and a comedian trying to play hardcore slayer. I hope Goyer and Snipes know what they are doing.

Daywalker
Well I hope she's also talented cool

Daywalker
Believe it or not, I don't know much about her. I know she was in 7th Heaven(saw her in commercials) and I never watched the Chainsaw Massacre remake with her in it. I just hope she has what it takes to separate herself from Buffy.

Daywalker
It's funny you say that Spawnie because I was watching the Blade II commentary on DVD and Wesley said that Blade does need to get laid, lol.

chilled monkey
I saw the TCM re-make and I assure you, Jessica Biel is talented. I'd even say that she is one of the most talented actresses I've ever seen.

As for her being different from Buffy, think about this:-

1) Jessica/Abigail LOOKS like an action heroine, as opposed to a stick figure.

2) She works and trains to acquire strength and skill. Buffy is only strong because of her 'Slayer' powers. (I know Blade has superpowers, but he's a skilled martial artist and athlete in his own right.)

3) I haven't seen the film, but I doubt that she spends it moping around, or getting wrapped up in her own problems and ignoring everyone around her.

As I said, if you want an idea of what the film's like, check IMDb's message boards.

As for Ryan Reynolds, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Linkalicious
Jessica Biel didn't impress me in TCM. Infact, that movie was a horrible remake of the original.

She might do OK in the movie, but Wesley Snipes is still going to be the reason to see this movie. when it comes out on cable. laughing

Daywalker
I'll go see the film with an open mind. It can't be worse than other comic book movies i've seen. I think it will do well.

What do you think about Blade's new vest? It looks a little bland to me sad

Daywalker
That's alright, I know alot of people that will take your place in the theater cool

Linkalicious
Part 2 made me wish I went and saw it in the movies. I haven't seen anything about Trinity...so i can't really say how good it looks

Daywalker
It's hard to say how a movie is going to be before it actually comes out anymore. Nowadayz they just give out the juicy tidbits to lure you in and once you see the movie, the tidbits are the only exciting part and the movie falls way too short.

Batman and Robin was a good example of this. I was soooo excited about it but felt like an A$$ after it came out. I just hope I don't feel the same way when Blade Trinity comes out.

Arachnoidfreak
all i know about Jessica Beil is that she's hot. (heh, Gear magazine...big grin)

Daywalker
Well they finally came out with a small teaser trailer for Blade: Trinity and they aired it during the MTV movie awards.

For those who missed it, here's a link:
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2004/0-9ABC/Blade_Trinity/trailer-page.html

I just wanted to start this thread and get some feedback to see how people liked/disliked it and overall what your thoughts are.

I thought it looked pretty cool. Ryan didn't seem like a comedic actor in the clip and for that I was thankful. Blade seemed cool as ever but i'm still not sure about the new outfit. I really didn't get much from Jessica in the clip good or bad but I look forward to seeing her contribution to the film.

The only thing about the whole clip that disturbed me is what Blade says after jumping out of the window. I just hope this movie isn't filled with corny one liners like the last Batman and Robin movie sick

Arachnoidfreak
uhh...err....yea.

Daywalker
Thanks for your in depth analysis roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing cool

Austinzilla
personally...dont take this offensively...but im tired of the "vampiristic" stlyes of movies that are out there infecting comics

Arachnoidfreak
No problem smokin'

It's not just a 'vampiric style' movie. Blade is a comic book that is mainly about vampires. that's its whole genre, its not like its something that is ridiculous, i.e. if they made a vampire movie about Usagi Yojimbo.

Spawnie
Ok, to explain something to ppl that just talk before they think.
Guys plz tell the ppl for how long has the comic BlaDE been arround.

I'll get my friend to download the trailer smile. I'm sure it's ok, and I'm sure that I will enjoy watching the movie.

Magee
The trailer kinda sucked. All i got to say. yes

Daywalker
Honestly, you guys could have kept your ignorant responses to yourselves. When I say that, I mean "uhh...errr,yeah" and "it kinda sucked" You boys went to school right? (or still in school, I don't know). Those statements wouldn't get a passing grade alone. C'mon AF, i've seen you explain yourself way better in other threads and that's all I was looking for. Don't get me wrong because I don't care if you liked it or not. I wanted your opinions along with reasons why or why not.

I can accept Austinzilla's response in saying he's basically tired of the trendy vamp films that are out. BUT he was wrong about the Blade movie infecting comics. Blade had been an established Marvel comics character since the early 1970s (72 I believe).

I'm not trying to milk compliments from this thread, i'm really asking for honest opinions good or bad. I thought this was a forum and not a place for silly one liners. I don't expect everyone to like it but I know i'm not going to be the only person sitting in front of the big screen when it comes out.

Daywalker
It's a decent clip for fans that have been waiting to see something although I wish they would have shown more.

BarmyBrummie
looks like typical Blade to me, especially the last bit 'i forgot my sword'big grin He just don't give a damn big grin I don't think much of that one clip but a whole movie can not be judged on one clip alone. Who the hell are those 2 people with blade and what is up with the bow and arrow?

Daywalker
See? here's a good response. Not praising Blade, just an honest opinion with some reasoning.

I know Blade will be captured by the police in this movie so this might be the break out scene. That could be why he says he forgot his sword and it would make more sense.

Yeah, clips can mislead you to think a movie will be better or worse than it really is (Batman and Robin was definitely worse). From the clip, it looked like they didn't want to show much of anything. NO Triple H, No Dracula,no explosions. That clip was a real tease.

As for the two characters: Jessica Biel as Abigail, the daughter of Whistler (Kris Kristofferson) and Ryan Reynolds (National Lampoon's Van Wilder) as Hannibal King, one of the Nightstalkers. BTW, I think that bow and arrow would only slow her down and it's more for style/ an individual look.

Magee
Hey daywalker im not trying to pass an Englsih exam here im just saying it sucked. It was a crappy 1 minute long random clip from the movie wich made no sense coz u had no idea who the people were except blade. I mean it went rite in their and i was like blink Blade somehow jumped 12 feet into a shaft and im like blink then he jumps out of a window and he's like i forgot my sword, im like blink
Does that meet ur standers daywalker or do u need a better excuse as to why I THOUGHT it sucked?

Daywalker
Honestly, that was a better explanation. That's all I was looking for. You're right, the clip was random and short and I wish it made more sense. It's merely a teaser though and if you followed all the Blade media (if you don't, that's fine),it might make more sense.

Thanks for your honest take on that clip big grin

Arachnoidfreak
hahaha, wow, you took my post way too seriously. I really dont have an answer for you, i need to see the whole movie to make an honest opinion. I really cant judge a movie based on that minute-and-a-half clip i saw. I just posted that to mean "i really dont know" and yes, im going into my senior year in high school.

Daywalker
Sorry if I seemed too harsh embarrasment but I was only asking what everyone thought about the clip itself, not the entire movie. I was just wondering what other people got from it. From the responses, most people are saying that it was too short and you can't tell what's going on. I actually agreed with this in my earlier post.

Personally I look forward to seeing the last installment and December 10th is a long time from now so I appreciated that small clip on certain levels. It's better than nothing right? cool

Arachnoidfreak
Yes December 10th is a long time to wait, but man, Summer 2006 is waaaaaaay too long(ghost rider movie, only one i REALLY want to see) sad

Magee
oo December 10th is my birthday erm

BarmyBrummie
DECEMBER 10th?!?!? THATS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO LONG!!!!!

Don't forget people, thats just a clip, NOT a trailer so obviously not much is going to be given away and you aren't really going to understand it wink

Daywalker
Yeah, i'm also waiting on the new Batman (with fingers crossed) Happy Dance big grin Marvel has been doing pretty good with their superhero movies overall so hopefully Ghost Rider will get the proper treatment.

Daywalker
Exactly! Wes still looks like the same cool bad a$$ and his supporting cast appears to be credible so far. I hope i'm not wrong. Can't wait for a real trailer to come out now eek!

chilled monkey
I LOVED the clip.

Blade had a nice touch of humour with the "forgot my sword", and Ryan Reynolds seemed okay.

The best thing by far was Jessica Biel as Abigail Whistler. I know I've gone on quite a bit about her in other threads, but she was just amazing here. When she took out the gunman with an arrow, that was great! I'm looking forwards to seeing this movie more than ever now.

Austinzilla
no no no, i messed up...i know how long blades been around....i didnt mean to say "infecting comic books" i meant infecting movies....i dont see anything wrong with Blade, i know hes one of the predecessors of the "vampire" era, its just that now (maybe because of Blade) everyone is buying into making vampire movies and i think its getting old...

Daywalker
That's great, i'm glad you enjoyed what little bit they gave us to view. As far as "I forgot my sword" goes, I just hope they use the right amount of humor. I think in Blade II, his character's delivery was well balanced between bad a$$ and funny guy. I really can't wait to see this film. I just hope his new teammates are as cool as the Bloodpack.

Daywalker
I understand your point. With Blade,Underworld Van Helsing and a few others coming out so close together, it does seem like the in thing to do. Personally I like all of those movies but for someone that doesn't, I can see where you're coming from.

Austinzilla
i will admit though...out of all of the vampire movies ive seen, i liked Van Helsing the most

Arachnoidfreak
Van Helsing? sick

Try the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula, with Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins, Winnona Ryder, and Keanu Reeves.(Van Helsing is the Vampire Hunter in the original book, by Bram Stoker)

Austinzilla
now dracula is DEFINITELY one of the milked-for-all-its-worth characters! how many renditions of dracula is there???? seriously!

Spawnie
I loved Bram Stokers Dracula. That was a really cool vampire movie.

I haven't seen Van Helsing yet sad. If it wasn't for u guys mentioning it I wouldn't even know that it was already made, lol.

I can understand your satruration with vampiric movies lately, I agree.
But I still liked Underwolrd, I think it had certain charm. Underwolrd could be crossed with Blade's world big grin, muahahahha. That could be fun, no?

Arachnoidfreak
Well, its been around for over 100 years, and he is the original published vampire story. Everything that came after is basically a copy(yes, even Blade)

Austinzilla
that may be so but even if he is over 100 years old, i still think hes been done TOO many times...the real Transylvanian vampires werent even the bloodsucking undead theyre made up to be

Arachnoidfreak
Dracula wasn't based soley on Transalvainian vampires, he is mostly based on Vlad the Impaler. Bram Stoker wrote Dracula in...1892? i know it was just a few years before the Jack the Ripper killings. Anyway, it is the most famous and most copied vampire story ever for a reason. Read it sometime.

chilled monkey
Daywalker: I agree that Blade 2 had a good balance between humour and bad a$$. I'm confident that the new film will do just as well. Some humour is good as it makes Blade more layered and interesting.

I hate to critiscise this movie in any way but my hobby is nitpicking and I noticed something on the clip.

When Abigail says "this way" to Blade, she's wearing a jacket which covers her arms. While Hannibal is complaining, we get another shot of her still wearing the jacket. When she steps out and takes aim, her jacket has disappeared and her arms are bare.

I suppose she could have just removed it, though.

Spawnie
Women heroes should all wear latex, that is it smile.

I love the humour in Blade, I hope they keep it the same as before. It makes him look more cool.

Same goes for Hellboy. I really had fun watching it. Was real funny when he went in that museum and he ses the monster and like nothig he tryes to explain to the monster to come quietly, lololol. Stinky, lololol.

U might consider that stupid humour, or too simple to be funny, but why is it? Simple is funny, and that is why heroes do simple jokes and remarks. I was really satisfied with HellBoy, but I didn't expect him to get the girl at the end. That was a bit odd, it usually never happends.

Daywalker
I have to say that I liked Van Helsing. Sorry but I enjoy over the top action films eek!

Daywalker
I have to say that Bram Stoker's Dracula was the best layed out story. I'd seek out another film for action though. Underworld meets Blade huh? I think Blade and Selene would make for one kick a$$ team up.

Daywalker
But of course! That's why all vampire hunters eventually have to face him. Dracula is the man and even attempting to take him down gives them credibility. They're using Dracula in this last Blade installment so the Daywalker can go out with a bang(I hope)

Daywalker
I looked at the clip again and if you notice when she runs out of the building, the sleeves from the jacket are hanging off of her shoulders. Maybe it's some quick release so she can shoot her bow better

chilled monkey
Daywalker: Good eye in spotting that. I'll have to pay closer attention next time.

I agree that Blade teaming up with Selene would be great. And with the number of silver weapons in Blade's arsenal, he would have no problem fighting werewolves.

If a Blade animated series gets made, they could do the same thing as Underworld; introduce some new monsters (like werewolves) and say that they share a common genetic lineage with vampires. In mythology, I think that a lot of dark creatures have a weakness for silver, sunlight etc so it would make sense.

Daywalker
I wouldn't have even seen it if you didn't bring it to my attention *being all modest big grin "

I can see Blade and Selene like a more lethal Angel and Buffy taking on all kinds of demons from the underworld.....................no pun intended laughing out loud It would be great to see an animated series happen sometime seeing how this is Blade's last movie sad who knows? Keep those fingers crossed.

moonwalker741
hey i jus wanted to post the poster, jus incase if n e 1 didnt c it

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/589/blade-trinity-onesheet_1087598693.jpg

Austinzilla
niiiiiice

Daywalker
OMG!!! That's an awesome poster!!! Nice find.

chilled monkey
Oh, I'm keeping my fingers crossed alright. I'm glad that you agree with my thoughts on what such a series could feature.

Watching the clip has made me think of something else. Although he uses a range of weapons to fight vampires, Blade's 'signature weapon' is, of course, his sword.

The clip introduces his two new allies. Based on what we see here, their 'signature weapons' are both ranged (Hannibal's two pistols and Abigail's bow). What do they use for dispatching vamps in hand-to-hand combat? Just stakes, or something else?

Daywalker
I'm not sure about Abigail but Hannibal in the pic below has spikes like Blade. In another pic, I noticed that Abigail carries a small handgun too.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/blade3.php

Arachnoidfreak
Abigail could just use an arrow to stab a vampire.

Daywalker
I thought about that but it just somehow seems cheesy to me. That would be like throwing bullets at someone laughing well, you know what I mean. I hope she has more versatility with her weaponry and not just a long range bow.

Arachnoidfreak
not really cheesey...have you seen Lord of the Rings? There is a scene in The Two Towers where Legolas uses his arrow to stab an Orc in the neck, and then fired the same arrow into another Orc's face. Not cheesey at all.

Spawnie
That was a fast draw move from Legolas, he had no choice, he was more effective that way. Any character with that kind of skill with bow and arrow would act in a symilar way. And yes I agree it was very cool to see!

The more I see this female beside Blade, the more I think she is gonna mess everything up. She is tiny and don't look tough to me! I don't like the guy next to blade, looks like he just quit a boy band. Now, I'm really starting to have a bad feeling about this one. I don't think they do Blade justice here, he needs something like the bloodpack, not some frutties. Oh lord I hope I'm wrong!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>