The Grudge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix Aska
This movie looks kinda scary....I mean with a little boy that has no teeth that screams like a cat...damn that would scare me....even though it is only rated pg-13 it still looks pretty kool....

BackFire
That parts so dumb. "OMG HE MADE A CAT SOUND!!!!!". ****ing lame, not to mention pretentious.

Cinemaddiction
I'm still goin' to give it a look see, despite the SMG factor. But, you know how us Americans like to **** up Japanese Horror. Not expecting much.

Phoenix Aska
Well ya know how it is lately...most scary movies are actually super ****ing hilarious when they are meant to be scary...or scary movies are just extrememly stupid....

BackFire
I'll probably end up seeing it as well. My GF wants to see it.

lil bitchiness
I actually think it could be good. Thats why im gonna try and get the original version of it.

Its known that Hollywood makes a mess of Japanese movies, i woudlnt be suprised if this happenes with The grudge, just like it has with the Ring.

HockeyHorror
i fear its a waste of time to watch this movie...The Forgotten was great, but still haven't seen Shaun of the Dead.

Phoenix Aska
hahahaha...Shaun of the Dead was hilarious....sooo funny with this British guy that gets out of the car and just says "what's up *******?"....so many people cracked up in the theaters...u should go see that movie

MildPossession
The boy screaming like a cat in the original was quite disturbing. Haven't heard what it's like in the remake though.

Liked the original few films, so will be going to check out the remake, really liked the remake of Ringu. So see what they can do.

Remaking so many Asian films, tut tut.

Phoenix Aska
Tch...I guess directors here are just too lazy to come up with their own ideas....

<<Solo>>
Oh my ****ing god that is true, and that girl that's crawling down the stairs looks like some exorcist/ring ripoff.
My brother thinks it looks so scary and I'm sitting there like what the ****.

<<Solo>>
But this is CGI. And it looks like shit.

Phoenix Aska
heh...it's so hard to see a truly scary movie now that isn't a rip off of other movies now...huh?

Evil Dead
I'll give it a whirl when it comes to dvd. I already know I'm going to hate it........but I'll endure it anyway just to say it's another horror movie I've seen. I'm hardcore like that.

MildPossession
Haven't seen the trailer for the remake so wouldn't know what the CGI is like in it. And don't like the sound of making her come down the stairs upside down like in Exorcist. At least it was nothing like that in the original.

lil bitchiness
Im wanting to see the Original before the remake...no wiat..then i'll hate it more.

Phoenix Aska
heh...well if u are looking for something to laugh at and make fun of...this wouuld be the movie!!!

WindDancer
I'll skip for now.....don't feel like paying a full price ticket movie.

Phoenix Aska
Hahaha...that's funny...just think of what u can do with 6.50 besides watching that movie...
I think it's more of wasting time with the movie than paying 6.50
Maybe u could be slightly entertained by it...

BlackC@t
Haven't seen the trailer, but I heard that Sarah Michelle Gellar's in it, so I guess I'll go see it at the movies.

SaTsuJiN
pff... dont watch the gellar version... you might as well watch the japanese one first ( Ju'on : The Grudge ).. oh and there are different chapters of Ju'on I believe.. I think there was a part 1 .. one that took place in between 1 and 2... and a 2nd one.. (not sure on that tho..).
Ive been appreciating the creep factor of asian ghosts more now..

Cinemaddiction
Well, I wasn't too impressed with any of the "Tomie" movies, "St. Johns Wort", or "The Eye", so I'm hoping to see both versions of this one.

MildPossession
And to think, Sarah Michelle Gellar is ready to do a sequel which will probably happen if the remake of the original does well. She wants to.

Phoenix Aska
Hmmm...who would be a better person to be in place o Sarah Michelle Gellar's place?

SaTsuJiN
I think perhaps a 'younger' actress. Simply because the role in the japanese version was played by someone in thier early 20's..
and ugh.. not neve campbell.. all she does is quiver her lip in every horror scene... -_-

slayer
Neve Campbell is 31 anyways.

Phoenix Aska
This is kind of off topic but...has anybody seen cabin Fever before???

I watched that and it's one of my favorite movies....

Is it really classified as a horror movie???

It was one of the funniest movies I have ever seen!!!

MildPossession
No one of the worst horror movies I think, this is The Grudge topic anyway, back onto it.

Cinemaddiction
My girlfriend seemed a little frightened by the trailer last night. I was kind of turned off by the purple..uh..ass..that was growing out of the back of SMG's head in the shower.

Anoushka
asian horror movies are always better to scare yourself with even tho sometimes the plots aren't great.

Ju'On wasn't that great too.just the scenes...bbbrrrrr gives me the chills even now

i'm proud to be asian at times like this happy

eggmayo
i saw a grudge dvd in asda (walmart) yesterday, i didnt actually look at it, but was that the original or the remake?

lil bitchiness
Well the biggest turn off for me for this movie is the fact that Sarah Michelle Geller is in it...trying to ''act'' if thats possible...*shudder*

MildPossession
Egg that is the original since the remake hasn't been shown in Britain yet at the cinemas.

eggmayo
yeah - i only saw the title of this thread and then just noticed the name of the dvd, and they clicked together later

SaTsuJiN
was a hand that was on her head when she was showering.. denoting that someone was there with her... was shown clearly in the JP version.. stick out tongue

Tex
That was exactly my thoughts.
The style and visuals are very Ring like.

botankus
So what you're saying is that she has improved her screen presence? wink

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. I hope the ghost drowns gellar in her own make-believe bathtub.. I'd pay 8 bucks for that scene alone.. ;-_-)

Major Knight
i just saw the movie and wow, i no i think any scary movie is scary, but like this movie was close to making me crap my self, i would have never gone if i knew it was a japan story. i dont even now what happend most of the time cuase my eyes were closed. i heard girls say they were so scared they were crying lol. that movie is intence.

pweazy23
I seen this movie last night and I thought it was a good remake of the original, with the origal director I expected it to be. I was more scared at the movie than I was at a haunted house after so that sais something to me anyway. With all the lame scary movies over the past couple of years finally someone scored

crackerman
I just saw the remake at the Dublin horrorthon, it is made quite well. I was expecting to be disappointed and while I don't think it was as good as the original it is still a good film in its own right and will probably make a fortune at the box office.

I liked the way they kept it based in Japan but I thought they had too many American actors in it.

I didn't find it scary though, but thats because I had already seen the original version and this has basically taken the exact same script with only a couple of changes to explain why all the main characters came to be in Japan.

SaTsuJiN
so does this mean gellar learned to act? or was it purely the ghosts delivering the entire film?

<<Solo>>
The movie didn't live up to the original version. Anyways I'm not going to do a long review on the movie because...it was horrible. So long story short. It wasn't scary, basically it was a piece of sh!t. Sure Gellar acted better but it didn't make the movie any better. 1/5. It's lucky it got that much.

It was more of a comedy then a horror.

SaTsuJiN
lmao.. and a no holds barred bashing from solo.. anyone else steppin up to toss garbage on this turkey?

§â®äµ
me and my friends went and saw it friday, i thought it as stupid, i didnt like..my friends didnt like it either...it wasnt scary at all...

Major Knight
lol shes not horrible but it was all ghost.

Major Knight
OMG u must be twisted if that movie isn't scary, i ask you what movie is. like i no the only reason its scary to me is becuase the ghost looks so messed up and the voices. but really there is no other movie that is or has come out latly that came close to this movie.

justinday15
I saw it the first night it came out and my hands were sweating the whole movie. I could hear people behind me saying "this isnt scary." But towards the end of the movie the only thing i heard were screams from all the girls. The story was a little hard to follow, but i was sooooo scared, that i really didnt even notice.

Mane
mmm...it wasnt disturbing. it had alot of cheap scares, which i think are stupid.

dbarzallo
Did anyone of u guys seen the Grudge my friend saw it but she is scared of cheese(no lie)...so i wanna have your guys opinionsmile

<<Solo>>
What kind of gay panzey are you? My god, first of all the "Meow" scene with that boy that "meows" like a cat was horribly lame. It was obvious that it was CGI. Cartoons don't scare me.

A scarier movie on dvd, Irreversible.
A scarier movie on theatres, Saw.

Lord_Andres
This is gonna be worse then the Ring remake!

Major Knight
LOL Of course the meowing seen was not right, the kids not saposta be perfect like a cat, if you listen its like there's a cats voice and then a deeper evil one. and dude im not sure but i dont think the saw is out and i have no thought of it being anything near scary more like saterday cartoony shit. Oh no not have to cut your self to live, sounds so stupid. and u no i'll try to find this "Irreversible" movie and check if its as scary or worse.

Major Knight
LOL im not sure anything could be worse then the ring, that movie has absolutly no scare factor, i even say so and im a puss when it comes to scary movies.

<<Solo>>
Oh no, a house, there's a curse, lots of CGI.

SaTsuJiN
I think it all comes down to whether or not you walk into the movie theatre going.. "This is only a movie.. I wont be scared.. its gonna suck".. or if you let the movie take you where its supposed to go

ragesRemorse
no it blows eigther way.

Major Knight
i think your right, negative plp like ragesramorse and &lt;solo&gt;, just think its crap so when its done its still what they thought because they never let themselves get into it. i still stay by what i said, it might not have the best story line but it is still the most scary movie thats come out for years.

Cinemaddiction
From the "The Grudge" review thread..

I don't know that I have laughed this hard at a "Horror" movie in my life.

The only thing firghtening about this piece of shitake is how rude some people can be on the telephone! I mean, if you're going to belch, have the common ****ing courtesy to take the reciever away from your mouth.

Oh yeah, I'm going as the croaking, ceiling climbing hairpiece for Halloween. Steal my idea, and it's your ass.

<<Solo>>
What the **** are you smoking?

Cinemaddiction
If there is nothing to "get into", as was the case with "The Grudge", who's to blame? When you say "years", precisely how far back are we going?

SlipknoT
Who the hell is afraid of cheese? laughing out loud

Major Knight
oh yea there tons of more scary movie scarier then that one like...umm...ohhh.. oh wait none. lol oh and CD im talking about 3 years maybe 5.

British Lad
How old are you?

Major Knight
look at my profile.

Micheal_Myers
I am rather interested in this movie and I might check it out due to the fact that I love Japan and everything about it.Thats right I like Japanese Music (I am listening to Dir en Grey as I post this, which is a japanese metal band), Japanese Clothes, Japanese movies, the genre of the movie now which is japanese horror, and most of all Japanese Anime (Nothing touches the anime...).

But anyways, I have not yet seen the movie so I dont know.I wont like it simply because its Japanese because I am not like that.But I heard that it was very scary from many people that saw it.One of which has never been scared of anything until now where she cant be alone in the dark thanks to seeing this movie.

Cinemaddiction
Dir en Grey looks like "The Suicide Club" band in "Suicide Circle", lol.

<<Solo>>
Wait....
Yeah they kind of do.

Cinemaddiction
For those not "in the know"..

http://www.thegline.com/dvd-of-the-week/images/2003/suicide172.jpg

<<Solo>>
That's ****ing great.

Micheal_Myers
lol...I guess I see some similarities there....o.O...

usherishott
People they said the grudge is voted most scariest video of the year at least that is what I hearD

Cinemaddiction
Well, the press (TV commercials) said "The Grudge is the scariest film of 2004", then the next day on the radio, I heard "SAW is the the scariest movie of the year". Of course, the same thing was said for the "Dawn of the Dead" remake, as well.

Having a bunch of lightweight critics reviews to choose from sure does pay off.

Major Knight
Me to man jap stuff is the best i can't wait till i go there. i also listen to there music and love ther movies.

Cinemaddiction
Not always. The Asian affliction with ghost stories seems to be their claim to horror fame, and it's rather monotonous and dull. The Yakuza movies they produce seem to be a little more original.

I rented one this afternoon, infact.

SweetNsouR
OH yes...us horrible americans. Ive seen the ring and ringu.... fyi american version much scarier. The only part of ringu i like more than the ring is at the very end when the girl comes out of the TV... Did you know that the director is Japanese (not sure wether he is the original director) and the movie was scary as hell. I'm so tired of america bashing... Lil bitchiness...particully tired of u. Its one thing to have an opinion of a movie that u thinks is crap, but why do u always have to piss on america?
The grudge was most deff scary IMO.

SweetNsouR
lil bitchiness just ignore what i said. what do i know... ur great.. u really r. im just having the worst night of my life

Major Knight
yea but u can tell that the ringu was a low budget film, i think they knew it wouldn't make much money(the story is stupid).

ashtonsNO1fan
Has anyone noticed how much the girl crawling down the stairs looks so much like samara (the ring). i mean its okay if she's honestly meant to look like that but couldn't the makers come up with a different look. at least they tried to make it better by filming it in Japan.

Cinemaddiction
Had she been crawling upside down, it would have also been an exact "Regan" Exorcist spider-walk ripoff, too.

§nakehead
Whats the movie about anyways? Its seems like a ripoff of the Amityville Horror.

Micheal_Myers
I dont know much about the Grudge just yet but from what I have seen its simply just another haunted house story.Thats not really an Amityville rip since in Amityville it is the house doing the things.If the Grudge is what I think it is than it would be Ghosts and Spirits doing the work.It would still be a ripoff of some classic ghost stories, but I am sure they have something more original to it.

Major Knight
funny part is there is a older version of this movie which is based of a old book, so really the book amker made this girl first, so the ring stole her thier look.

SublimeKay
Alright, Everyone. I saw The Grudge...and It sucks. Personally...I didnt think it was scary. I went in there with a light heart expecting it to suck...and maybe thats what caused it to....but I thought it wasent scary. It was more of a "Whoa, thats kinda freaky" scary than a "Oh God! Nightmares! Nightmares!" scary. So...yeah. Oh, and just so yall no...there WILL be a sequil. The ending sucks. mad

dean7879
it made me jump a couple of times....i prefer it better than the japanese version

Jason420
this movie sucks i hate it Saw was way better

L49_JoaquinLovr
The Grudge=Gayd0m

Major Knight
really i heard that Sarah said that this version was a more nice version. thats all i no.

Red Superfly
I've seen the trailers and I hate the CGI.

CGI is NOT scary, it looks rubbish. There's a bit in the trailer where we see a ghost girl with her eyes rolled back, then it stares at Gellar. That was so lame.

Movies that "linger" with their scenes, ie a cut lasts more than a few seconds at a time, is not scary.

Catching brief glimpses of things, and not seeing an awful lot, just a bit of stimulation for the brain, is when you get a good horror movie.

I hate CGI because it "force feeds" images into the brain. THAT's what the ghost looks like. THAT's what the monster looks like etc etc. It's force fed and horrible.

And why does everything in these new horror movies take place in relatively well lit rooms? That's not scary at all.

No horror movie should bother with CGI, it shatters the illusion of realism because no CGI looks real yet. If the audience doesn't believe its real, then why the f**k are they making the damn movie? The whole point is to scare them. CGI makes the audience think "this is still a movie" and that's really bad.

<<Solo>>
Bingo!

Scarpa
The grudge suck worse that a fasting mosquito

Cinemaddiction
Well, I rented "Ju-on" this afternoon, and I'll be sure to weight in when I am done.

Major Knight
im thinking of downloading Ju-on 2. prolly watch it tommorow or wait till monday.

<<Solo>>
Now Ju-On Is an excellent movie.

Cinemaddiction
Well, just finished "Ju-on", and as I figured, I thought it was crap. Confusing, slow, funny, and totally devoid of anything even remotely frightening.

These Asian "Horror" flicks are vastly overrated when you break them down.

BackFire
As are the poorly constructed American versions.

Cinemaddiction
Well, atleast these Asians TRY and structure their movies. Not slap horny teens in a cabin to fend for themselves.

Imperial_Samura
All the Ju-Ons are slightly different, and have different values and levels of, well, goodness. Of course the first two are pretty hard to get, and the remakes of those first two aren't as good I think.

Cinemaddiction
I don't even see how people are considering Buffy's version a "remake". "Ju-on" clearly has 3 different story lines in this movie, which throws off the chronology like something horrible. There were plenty of differences.

Major Knight
well would you say this version is more scary and better then the North America version.

Cinemaddiction
They are about even. "Ju-on" doesn't use as much special effects, and that's about it. Neither version frightened me, and I actually laughed again, in "Ju-on".

lil bitchiness
I think few people in cinema laughed. Its a tragic movie - very tragic.

Major Knight
is there any movie that is scary to you really. And don't give me those old classic movies, no matter how good they are(which i do think most are good), they just are to old and have no scare factor.

shauncrow
Well I've seen The Grudge and I'll have to say it's one of the scariest films I've seen yet. Everyone was screaming in the cinemas. A pretty freaky film, but with a rubbish ending. Obviously, there is a Grudge 2!

Cinemaddiction
Not a one, and I hate most "classics".

Lord_Andres
I've not seen this crap yet, and i wont bother eithr, I just know its bad, screaming people in cinema??? hell most people scream at mosstly anything, I personaly hate it when the whole cinema goes screaming like little kids, COMON! and the once that scream hardest are stupit girls that just scream for about any reason

thegreatrudini
I saw it last night i think its quite good it scared my gf shitless lol all i have to do now is make the weird gargling sound the girl makes and she nearly shits herself lol. It aint scary tho just a couple bits might make ya jump

Cinemaddiction
Oh, you mean the burping that was supposed to be so scary?

Major Knight
then really how can u say a good scary movie to the next if there not even scary to you. thats why u hate these movies. do your self a favor and just don't watch them. u seem to hate most. and if there not scary to you u must rely on the story line and most scary movie lines suck.

Major Knight
YES

Sammagnet6384
Yes i quite agree it does make you jump when the two people keep popping out from corner to corner.

Sammagnet6384
I dont think the Grudge is that scary but it does make you jump if you have surround sound effects.

thegreatrudini
agreed

Sadako of Girth

BackFire
Ugh, this movie was crap. The first 50 minutes of hte movie was just a bunch of simple jump scares with no story. Just scene after scene of "oh, there was a wierd noise, I'm going to go investigate now, oh look, I'm dead".

Then when the story did kick in it was still shitty. Basically the same premise as the ring. A pissed off ghost kills people who come into contact with a particular object and kill them. However, at least the ring didn't take 50 minutes to get the story going.

Also, way to many unanswered questions.

-Why was the little boy ghost only sometimes evil, while the female ghost was always evil.

-What happened to the woman who got....swallowed... by the female ghost when she was in bed? Where did she go?

-Where was yoko (The woman who got her jaw ripped off) after she was attacked? When the cops went into the house she was no where to be found. Am I to assume that she was just wandering the streets for the whole day without a jaw and NO ONE noticed?

-What caused all the people who encountered the ghost to go into a coma for a day? I want to see what they see, I want to know what's so scary. THis should have been explained.

-Why did Bill Pullman throw himself off of the building? Was he possessed? Was he insane? Could he just not deal with what he saw?

Plus, the ending was just horrible (if you can call it an ending). Bah, piece of crap. Bunch of predictable jump scares that I saw coming a mile away.

Major Knight
Sounds like every other scary movie out there doesn' it.

Hate to say but scary movies tend to have weak stories. well most of them.

He was always evil but he just seemed to like to creep people out, kinda like the female ghost when you see her look as Sarah the first time yet nothing happens

she was up there with the guy on the Attic.

i guess so.

same question with why did every one in the ring die from just seeing the girl, fear i guess, shock maybe.

he couldn't take the fact that he saw a dead girl, and that he was with the kid all day yet when he knew the girl was dead he went back and saw that the kid was all along also.

so many ending have been like that, so i don't even care any more but i agree it left something to be desired.

Cinemaddiction
People in "The Ring"/"Ringu" died because they didn't make a copy of the video and pass it on.

BackFire
"Sounds like every other scary movie out there doesn' it"

No, only the shitty ones.

"He was always evil but he just seemed to like to creep people out"

He seemed to be in control of himself though, he could talk, and NOT attack people. The female ghost killed everyone and seemed to have no control over it, like she had to do it. Why was the boy not the same way? Just sloppy storytelling I guess.

"Hate to say but scary movies tend to have weak stories. well most of them."

Nah, just the shitty ones. Typically, psycological horror films (like this one is supposed to be) are supposed to have a good story going on, this did not.

SaTsuJiN
I think the woman did the killing because it was her that recieved the torment before she died (from her husband murdering her). The boy was locked in that closet til he died . He's too young and ignorant to fall under that grudge. Plus the boy was also the main lure to bring in victims.

Bleh.. I recommend the japanese version.. Im sure the american ones story got twisted up until it made no sense

plaedien
Hmmm dont know why they insist on remaking already great films - Why cant holiwood leave well enough alone and let the originals be as they are - a shining example of Asian imagination in film...Ring was fantastic, as was the Grudge (One of the more genuinely freaky movies ive seen)
Ok The ring remake was ok, ill admit it, but the grudge just looks like a direct copy, albeit with buffy in lead roll - if they can manage the sheer freakiness of the original ill be impressed, but otherwise - Call to US scriptrighters!!! come up with ur own bloody material!!!!!

'nuff said smile

Major Knight
They both I'm sure in control but the female just seemed to want to kill more. as said the boy seemed to just lure people so the mother could kill. Plus i think he could talk because you don't want to ghost that just kill, the kid gave it a little more weird because when people realize that they talked to a dead kid its a little more messed up.

which movie do u think is this scary and has a good story, i cant think of one.

BackFire
The Shining - Outstanding story, acting, and storytelling.

28 Days Later - Flows very well, another good horror movie with a good story.

In the Mouth of Madness

The Thing

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

Major Knight
yea but I'm talking actual "Scary Movies" not ones that are dark. what i was trying to say is that usually the more scare in the movie the less great the story behind it. i agree the shining was good but not scary. 28DL just sucked in every thing. in the mouth of madness i have never seen. And the thing also cool, but i wouldn't say it was scary of even that great in story line.

BackFire
All of the movies I listed are far scarier then pretty much every other horror movie that has come out recenty.

Most recent horror movies (including the grudge) rely on simple jump scares, nothing more. Those are the easiest and laziest scares that exist. Just some pounding music slowly building up and then there's a big noise that produces the jump, rather then the actual visuals in teh film. These types of scares are generally signs of a poor horror movie.

Major Knight
They were good movie's but in no way are they scary in any way. Even those movies used scary music and that same crap. And I no the grudge had some jumps, but i don't think it even had more then 2(I'm not sure). the grudge more just had f'd up ghost walking around, thats what was scary to me not just pop ups (those don't get to me at all). but still I'm just saying for the movie you listed to have the good story they totally lack on the scare factor, as much as you sat they're scary i can not agree, they were way weak on th scare factor.

Cinemaddiction
Why even bother arguing this? It differs from person to person. Totally pointless.

Major Knight
yes but i still say I'm pretty sure alot of people (not just me) would say these movie have better story but also lack scare factor. but yes pointless

BackFire
Really? Is that why most of these movies are recognized by a HUGE amount of people as among the best horro films ever made. ESPECIALLY The Shining, The Thing, and Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer.

Lord_Andres
The scary thing about Henry and The Shining is that it could acturly happen, we all know that things like a girl coming out of the TV is just pure humor, it makes one laugh, first when i saw it I was like ''WTF!'' hell y not just have her walk trough the walls or somethin, anyway I got the jap version of the grudge laying right next to me, a friend of mine said it was easily the scariest movie he had seen since the ring laughing out loud weeeell I' gonna give it a shot in a few mins hehe

Cinemaddiction
Well, the thing about "Henry" is this. Mike Rooker shoulda gotten an Oscar. I mean it, because until "Monster" came along, he played the quintessential disturbed serial killer. As for the rest of the movie..meh. You know he couldn't let anyone get close to him without killing them, so the predictability, and waiting for it to happen hurt it. It had good atmosphere too, especially for an indie, but you still knew what was coming.

I don't remember "The Shining" well enough to comment, personally.

Major Knight
Yea but i believe they are called some of the scariest back in the day, but i cant look back at classics and say their scary, cause there not because they look fake. but back in the day I'm sure they were the scariest.

thegreatrudini
just seen the original and to b honest i prefer the yank 1

BackFire
They look fake? How so? If you're talking about gore or makeup, then you need to learn the fact that gore and makeup are cheap, and just because a movie has good gore and make up does not make it scary. It just makes it expensive. Relying on gore and makeup for a films scare factor is the easy way out. A good film will rely on atmosphere to be scary.

All of those movies are still recognized as the tops the genre has to offer, and they are all miles above anything else that's come out recently.

Major Knight
For a movie to be scary to me i have to be able to believe it looks real to me. If something like "the thing" is on my T.V. and i can totally tell its fake its like watching a comedy with good action. don't get me wrong i like most of the movies you listed but, there just to dated to be scary any more.

Cinemaddiction
"The Thing" still has an air of complete terror. Cast aside the (fantastic) gore and (incredible) special effects and get right to the atmosphere John Carpenter penned.

You're in Antarctica, with a group of 6-7 people. There's a virus of some sort going around, and you have no ****ing clue who's next, or who may already have it. Your transportation was blown sky high, and you're stranded. Who do you trust if anyone? How are you going to stay alive? It's almost impossible to come out ahead, unless you literally sacrifice your life for a chance at survival.

I don't know what else to say. Start enjoying movies a little more, especially Sci Fi/Horror, because if you don't suspend reality, the situations are already so exagerrated, of course it's going to be "funny".

SlipknoT
The Thing is a classic, I love that movie

Emma718
The Grudge was pretty good....it wasn't really a scary more that i would have a nightmare and stuff..it just made u jump and kind of freaked out

Lord_Andres
jumps and gore are cheap, I could make a movie that made you jump

Major Knight
I'm not sure about "an air of complete terror" but it was good. just not scary to me. like the story had the goods, like you just wrote, 7 plp, virus, no one to trust. Brilliant.

§â®äµ
i personally didnt like it, but thats just me...

WindDancer
I wasn't expecting anything outstanding so I kinda let my guard down to enjoy the movie. Frankly, is okayish so I did enjoy it. I was laughing at some scenes like in the begining when the professor falls down the building I was like WTF? Then I started to laugh cuz it look so stupid. This is a typical music and weird noises horror flick. Nothing special, but is fun to watch when feeling bore.

WhoKnows?
um someone saw that movie and said it was lame. i have to agree.

wishmaster
im sarry but it sucks man that was not scary well for the strongest guy in the school (my freind) he shit his pants watching it really he did Happy Dance

wishmaster
u are rite the guy falling off the building was funny as hell actually when i saw it evryone in the theater was laughin

WhoKnows?
it was stupid, ive seen better.

Lyra Rose
watched The Grudge last night and it isn't as scary as it seems

Napalm
That little kid meowing like a cat was kind of creepy.

ashtonsNO1fan
SEEN IT. I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD BUT NOTHING SPECIAL. DIDN'T EXPLAIN THE STORY AS WELL AS THE RING DID BUT I PREFERED IT. IT'S GOT SAMARA'S TWIN SIS IN IT, JUS KIDDIN.

Ghetto Goblin
hey all, i don't know if you've said this. but do you know what the title of the korean version was called. i hear it is supposed to be better.

ericadurancefan
i liked it because i love sarah michelle gellar and it wasnt scary at all and the korean version was call ju-on ore something like that

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>