Presidential Debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Yep it's on. I'm watching to see Bush fumble sentances more then a retarded running back fumbles a football.

Man, good times, good times. Kerry is gonna own this shit.

Mr Zero
I cant see it over here in blighty because Im at work. I may go home early to catch the end - I have a feeling its going to come over like an episode of Saturday night live....

BackFire
Yeah, I have to leave for work in about 20 minutes, so I'll miss most of it. I'll probably get bored by then anyways, so it's all good.

Nazgulinthedark
my dad is watching it in the next room...im not really listining much tho...even though my history teacher told us we should erm

Mr Zero
Never misunderestimate the importance of the future of history!

BackFire
It's pretty interesting. You should watch.

Nazgulinthedark
*is leaving to watch the presidental debate* im going to be a good student and do my homework happy yay for me

WindDancer
That's the reason why I came to KMC at this hour. I'd rather hang around here and see what's new, than two watch Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb argue about the same crap.

mc pee pants
this debate has been going on for about half an hour, and the only thing i heard was iraq this and iraq that. kerry bashing bush for entering iraq and bush defending it.

moonwalker741
yeah im watching the debate too, my teacher is making us watch it for homework, then we got to write like a two page essay! im finding the debate very funny, bush is really short... laughing

BackFire
Kerry is ruining Bush's shit. It's embarassing.

Tptmanno1
Yea, Kerry is OWNING.

Nazgulinthedark
yes everytime kerry talks bush has a funny look on his face, almost a defeated look, and he looks at the floor rolling on floor laughing tehehhehehe

mc pee pants
bush is stuttering so bad right now. he sounds like jimmy from south park...

moonwalker741
yeah i agree...and im finding it very funny...hes so short..

..sorry...i think its funny..its like ewoks against the wookies..... stick out tongue

anyways, yeah, kerry is owning man!

http://img17.exs.cx/img17/9753/pisstankoldman.jpg

mc pee pants
bush: the only thing consistent about my opponent is being inconsistent...

he has such a penchant for sharp word play...

ElectricBugaloo
Kerry is owning Bush right now

Nazgulinthedark
"look at bush, hes like a little clown. hehe." - naz's dad

mc pee pants
hysterical

ElectricBugaloo
Bush doesn't even address what Kerry says

moonwalker741
laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud

Nazgulinthedark
naz's dad - "hahaha, look at bush, whenever hes not talking he cocks his head to the side...hehehe"
naz's mom - "whats he do?"
naz's dad - "look, he looks so dorky"
both - "hahahaha"

KidRock
I think Bush is winning this one.. Kerry just rambles on and goes into no detail at all.

Mr Zero
You should change channels and catch some of the other Bush/Kerry debate that the rest of this thread is watching . . .

Nazgulinthedark
there was one question...forgot which, when kerry was finished talking and it was bush's turn, bush just looked forward at the screen for awhile like he didnt know what to do erm

pr1983
guys and idiot (bush) one arguement "wrong war, place, time" he doesnt know what hes talking about. he hopes he can resolve peace with korea, of course he does, because korea is capable of hitting back.

Tptmanno1
Kerry's done his Homework, He got all his stats and his figures and its apperant that Bush doesn't. And Bush is faltering because of it.

plenTpak52
They both are equally stupid and annoying. This is a huge waste of my time.

WindDancer
^Ditto.

*continues to play video games*

Ronny
kerry looks like a botoxed carrot shock

KidRock
Kerry looks like the tree from the wizard of oz hahaha

Silver Stardust
I wanted to watch it but with my advanced state of exhaustion I'd probably fall asleep. I think I'll go and catch the end of it though yes

My brother just comes upstairs and says "Man, not only does Bush look like a monkey, but he acts like one too!"

powerfulone1987
my teacher is making us watch it and write a paragraph about major points, which there was only one:homeland security.I hate this cause i have never been interested in this stuff. i never care who wins the elections.

julibug
Neither are perfect. I think they both did an ok job with the debates. We still have two more debates to go. sheesh.

powerfulone1987
Hopefully we won't have to watch that for school too and writing about "all the major points". Which there aren't any. Just one. Homeland Security.

MC Mike
Kerry goes on about Bush forgetting the objective, Bin Laden, and giong at Saddam.

Bush's reply starts: "Well of course we're after Saddam Hussien - er - Bin Lade."

laughing out loud !!

powerfulone1987
Yup, I heard that too,lol.

PVS
what did i think about the dabate? *see sig* big grin

eggmayo
to be honest... ive never bothered watching the debates, but in england there is a show called 'dead ringers' which just takes the p*** out of various celebrities, including bush, how he cant pronounce words and makes sentences turn to mush. its worth watching if your ever in the uk, or it might be on bbc america sometimes.

Darth Revan
Didn't watch it. Probably just wait to see the Mad TV version big grin

PVS
^^^^

you should have watched.
the real thing was pretty funny.

Turbo-Cajun
Bush looked like the fool that everyone knows he is. He said a ton of shit that made me and my friends who were watching it go "wtf?" he said a lot of just outright bullshit, but i guess he has a lot of stupid ignorant supporters out there who probably think "this guy is a genius" so....

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud I think you're right!

Turbo-Cajun
yeah...the question is are there more rational intelligent people who exercise critical thought, or ignorant retards who believe all he says who go out and vote this year...... sad

I dunno, i would like to think people here can think for themselves, but im not holding my breathe...well its not like it matters really if people vote for him, he will steal it even if we dont so what ever

lil bitchiness
I hope you're right, but from what ive seen, thumb down I wouldnt hold my breath.

Tex
Every poll shows that Kerry won the debate.
Very important seeing as more people will watch this debate than any other.

...and they saw Kerry totally annihilate Bush. whip
Compared to Kerry, Bush looked like a monkey in a suit! laughing out loud

After last night Bush is going to be foaming like a wild dog.

Kerry needs to stay on the offensive and attack the president's positions like he has these past few weeks! thumb up

BackFire
It really was embarassing to see Bush get spanked so badly. The only people who say Bush won are people who were already Bush supporters to begin with.

Everyone who wasn't biased seems to agree that Kerry won the debate hands down.

angelsflame265
Bush never answered any of the questions. . . . my american history teacher made us watch it today in class. . .and this is really all he said

" Hard work. .. . Iraq. .. . .wrong war, wrong time, wrong place. . . . "

repeat that over and over and you have mr. bush last night

Zanthor
I think it is funny how 'Bush' people seem to think Bush did great. I guess they weren't watching the same debate that I was.

My wife missed part of it. When she came back from the library she stopped to watch with me. Bush was just been told he had a 30 second respond to what Kerry just said. He started to say something stopped and just stood there looking dumb for 3 seconds(at least) and then studdered a reply that had nothing to do with what Kerry said. I asked my wife when it was done how she thought Bush did. She looked at me and just stared with that same dumb expression Bush had on. It took me a couple of seconds to get her joke.

He is one we want for another 4 years?? Please!

It didn't take much to get Bush flustered. 2 more debates to go. If the next 2 go down like this one it should be no problem for Kerry to Win. I bet Bush's closest advisors are telling him he did great! Totally out of touch with reality.

vaya_the_elf
I feel a lot like you to. Although I watched it last night. Personally I don't like either of them. If I'm going to vote, its going for the green party.

PVS
then you are voting to keep bush in office

BackFire
No, she's voting for someone she actually likes. Unless you vote for Bush, you aren't voting to keep him in office.

vaya_the_elf
No. I'm voting for the other guy. The one most people don't vote for. If the green party gets 5% of votes, then we will have three head people to choice from for next time, and the more opions the better because I want more choices.

ElectricBugaloo
It all matters where you are too.

Voting for Nader in TX doesn't really matter, same with CA. but if you vote for Nader in OH...that could be huge

WindDancer
I'm glad someone shares my thoughts. happy
I was considering the Green party myself.....but I'm just more incline to the Independence Party. Unfortunally that Jesse Ventura seems to want to manipulated...but that's a story for another time.

PVS
ok look, if you would not even vote if there wasn't a third party,
then it doesnt matter. but if you would have voted for kerry
and decided to switch to green, you are throwing your vote away.
the green party votes will not top those of 2000, since many who would
have voted green just want to get bush the hell out of office (myself
included) its a waste of time, and you may as well stay home.

if it wasn't for nader, the democrats would have won florida (not like they didnt already) the margin would be so damn wide that 'good ol boy' jeb bush would never have been able to rig the ballots. nader is preaching an ideal, that we SHOULD have AT LEAST a three party system, and he is correct in his ideal. but his method is just plain stupid. bush loves nader. the republicans are putting money into nader's campaign, they WANT him to run. he's doing the right thing at the wrong time.

if you want bush out of office, then vote for kerry.
if you want to hold to your ideals, then vote green.
but your ideals plus 65cents will buy you a cup of coffee,
and bush will still be in office.

nader means well, and i really agree with just about EVERYTHING
he stands for...but he is being a shmuck.

america has been in a black hole for 4 years, with the man in charge sleeping at the wheel...its a crisis. all i know is my own ideals are getting put in the closet on election day. i really REALLY want to see bush get sent packing, and run crying back to texas.

vaya_the_elf
smile

vaya_the_elf
You are forgetting that I dont like Kerry, and I don't want him to be president. Thats why I'm not voting for him.

PVS
he wont get 5% though.
it didnt happen in 2000, so it certainly wont happen now.
in 2000 i voted nader (i live in jersey, so i figured 'what the hell')

many green folks from 2000 are voting kerry.
the priority is 'get bush out of office'
im sorry to say it, because i agree with you whole hartedly.
we need representation from a third party and i am a green.
but it wont happen this time, i will bet everything i own on that.

alic88
LMFAO... tht had me in tears.....

n e wayz LAST NIGHT DEBATES WERE AWESOME... oh man it was so cool 2 c BUSHY get his as$ kicked.. it was awesome... kerryz DA MAN OF THE MOMENT... he TERMINATED bush in the debates... bush didnt even know wht he waz sayin....Kerry didnt make a mistake throughout the debates...... but sayin tht..... its still impossible for kerry2win which is sadly and unfortunately true, kerry still needs a miracle2win these elections.. cause americans r still stupid enough2vote for bush again

alic88
although 1 thing kerry said tht was really cheesy.. like he was at some city and these people went like WE NEED YOU MAN,WE NEED YOU.. tht was PRETTY LAME

PVS

Zanthor
I was just reading over the transcripts of the debate and I feel they have lost a bit in translation. It actually makes Bush seem a little bit more intellegent. Not much. Stumbling and long pauses are left out. Point in case...

Question to Bush...
What about Senator Kerry's point, the comparison he drew between the priorities of going after Osama bin Laden and going after Saddam Hussein?

BUSH: Jim, we've got the capability of doing both.

As a matter of fact, this is a global effort.

We're facing a (LOOOOOOONG Pause) group of folks who have such hatred in their heart, they'll strike anywhere, with any means.

And that's why it's essential that we have strong alliances, and we do.

Ok... Group of Folks? Group of Folks? I meet a group of folks down at my local IHOP. Sigh

Strong Alliance? Is that why Bush is stuck on Poland? Nothing against Poland. They are our allies. But England, Australia, and Poland isn't what I would call a Strong Alliance. Of the 150,000 troops in Iraq 137,000 were US followed by the UK at 12,000. Everyone else is under 4,000. Most being well under 1,000.

Source: http://www.mpburton.com/troops.html

So my fellow voting Americans can anyone seriously consider this buffoon(Defined as: fool who lacks good judgement) for another 4 years??

PVS
i read the transcript.
the only reason he seems more intelligent on paper
is the lack of smug smirks and monkey faces laughing out loud

Nazgulinthedark
we had a class debate about it today in history, and this one kid was like "i didnt think kerry could hold the argument that well. he never went into much detail about what he was talking about." ...and bush did?

that is so true!! laughing out loud he looked so funny when kerry was talking, my dad nearly fell off the coach watchin him rolling on floor laughing

mc pee pants
don't even get me started on the long pauses. on some occasions, i hought i was lost my satelite signal. and the stuttering... oh. my. god. and i think he invaded iraq because he had a hard time distinguishing bin laden from saddam, which he did during hte debate. this man doesn't get brain farts... he gets brain diarrhea...

PVS
oh so you saw the debate then?

wha-wha-wha-what did you...................................................think?

laughing out loud

vaya_the_elf
Thats because Kerry is lame

mc pee pants
yes i did. my iq just dropped 20 points.

i just thought that bush came in, what i seemed like he was totally unprepared. maybe he thought he was prepared. he beats around the bush (no pun intended) without really getting to the issue. especially the north korea nuke weapons deal. the long pauses and the stuttering made him look inarticulate and unprepared. maybe his brain was damaged when he choked on that pretzel...

angelsflame265
but wasn't this suppose to be the debate that bust was going to win, like hands down? thats what a few people told me. . maybe thats why he wasn't as prepared and kerry was so prepared. .because bush thought he was going to win easliy

PVS
^^^^

and thats the beauty of it.
that was the night where he was supposed to shine.
now the debate will move to the homeland...and
kerry is going to tear him apart.

i cant wait.

i especially cant wait for the edwards/cheney debate.
now THAT will be a historic reaming big grin
edwards is going to mop the floor with ol' dick.

Darth Surgent
I agree (regarding the Edwards/Cheney debate especially)

I may need to make a sig reminiscent of yours, PVS. Cheney with a bright red "OWNED!" all over his face. big grin

vaya_the_elf
Hope kerry does not win, he just seems like a lair to me.

RaventheOnly
I have very limited Internet time so i will just say that there hasn't been a debate since the advent of television..... this is a mockery of advocacy..... no expression

Nazgulinthedark
theyre both liars no expression

PVS
and bush seems like a chimpanzee with a god complex
if you hate kerry that much than im glad you are voting green.
one less vote for dubya.

its either kerry or bush.
greens will NOT get 5%
better luck in '08
wake up green people!!! stick out tongue

and surgent...NO FAIR!!!mad thats what i was planning to do stick out tongue

MC Mike
Now see people, this is the response by a Pro-Bush person. (Or Anti-Kerry).

Convincing? no expression

vaya_the_elf
If i had to pick between bush and kerry.. I would pick bush, but i still dont like him that much either. But I dont have to since there are others. smile

BackFire
About as convincing as Bush's arguments.

Lord Soth
I didn't watch the debates, but I'm trying to find a full video of it.

I'm especially glad of what I'm hearing

vaya_the_elf
Or Kerrys laughing out loud

Zanthor
Come on Raventhonly, even you have to admit that Bush did a terrible job on the questions. If it makes you feel better I'll call them questions and not a debate. I personally saw some debating but whatever. Your man Bush was taken down a few notches. I know it is hard to swallow.

And nothing personal Yava the elf but why exactly did you post about Kerry? Did you see the debate that this thread is discussing or are you just a Bush Person that needed to share that great Kerry insight?

All Politicians are liars. To say you don't want Kerry to be elected because you 'think' he's a liar. Ya, Bush is always honest! (Note sarcasim) I am sure he'll find Bin Ladin right next to those WMD in Iraq. President Bush is just the right person to bring all these nasty 'Folks' to justice.

Please both of you share your thoughts on how Kerry and Bush did during the question session... Instead of just blowing it off.

vaya_the_elf
I'm not a bush person. I just think him better than kerry. Kerry just can't seem to make up his mind what he is really about, he says one thing, but then goes and reverses it. Also he never explains how is is going to do anything.

I know bush had a speaking problem not sure why, but I don't think that should be reason I don't vote for him, not saying I'm going to.

At least I know where bush stands on stuff, and Kerry just does not make up his mind. I think he just says whatever he thinks people want to hear at the time. I foget one of things he said.. *thinks* There was something he said in the debate that he said he would do, but when the bill came around to him he did not vote for it. I think it had to do with soliders, can't remember the name now. Grr. OH well. But those are my reason why I don't like him.

BackFire
From what I saw, Kerry was very good with the debate, he had an answer for pretty much everything relevant that Bush brought up. Bush on the other hand, managed to always turn his retorts into statements about the dangers of Iraq and Saddam Housein.

Kerry didn't change the subject during his retorts, he answered the questions honestly and without dillydallying.

He seemed alot more proffesional and presidential, and he gave a much better impression then Bush did in my eyes.

Darth Surgent
Don't worry, I was going to leave it up to you anyway. big grin

vaya_the_elf
He was not honest. I know he lied on one part. He said he would help funding for soliders right? Well he cut one of the bills for it. If you don't believe me, go to congress. org (at least I think the site is called) and find what bills he did not vote for.

PVS
post them here then.
your points are vague.
this is a debate, its YOUR job
to argue your point laughing out loud

vaya_the_elf
Maybe tomorrow when I am not so sleepy. I'm thinking about going to bed soon though, but it is somewhere. Just can't remember the name. I know what it is about, but thats as much as I'm going to get, because I'm sleepy, and its like passed 12pm.

BackFire
Everyone lies during a debate, in fact, every president lies at some point or another. Bush lied about having a good idea and being nearly sure about knowing there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Clinton lied about getting a hummer from some fat chick. Every president lies, you will never have the option to vote for a president who has never lied.

vaya_the_elf
Guess that is true.

PVS

PVS

BackFire
Yeah, the whole "Flip flop" thing is dumb too. Every president "flip flops" at soem point. Everyone changes their mind, it's called being human.

It's for this reason that whenever I hear someone say "Kerry is a flip flopper" as the primary reason as to why he shouldn't be president I instantly labe him a moron in my mind and disregaurd whatever else they have to say.

PVS
sorry for all the pasting, but itssuch a good read big grin

vaya_the_elf
If i was not already sleepy I would reply, but to bad I am sleepy stick out tongue

PVS
its their only point of debate backfire, isnt it sad?
and its such a weak point at that.
as the facts i posted point out, its just a point that
will bite bush in the a$$. (thursday was but a taste)
ooooo i cant WAIT till next week big grin

zinh
OMG, he always has a speech problem. Maybe he is just a retard like most think stick out tongue

Some call it "average guy" but I call it "can't read the paper your staff put in front of you". Good god! If I hear another "uh" or "um" i'll puke.

WindDancer
Don't forget that there are still 2 more debates to go. Declare the winner after the debate. I read some of the points of the debate in the newspaper and to be honest I really don't see a clear winner. But then again I wasn't very enthusiastic while reading the articles.

PVS
thing is windancer, thursday's fereign policy debate was supposed to be bush's shining moment. and it clearly wasnt.

kerry won...he didnt win...thats up for opinion.
but bush clearly did not win.

when the debate moves to domestic issues, its going to be a slaughter.

mc pee pants
why did it take so long for dubya to answer? there is an 8 second delay in his earpiece were cheney is dictating the answers...

PVS
bush: (thinking) "ok think....lie.....think....lie"

RaventheOnly
I f you seriously believe that there has been a debate since the advent of TV then you are dellusional.... hysterical it doesn't matter what a person looks like ... its what they say... Thats why in the modern world FDR or Theodor Rosevelt or Taft or nearly any person who was President before would have been elected....

I am taking a communications college class and my teacher is basically sickened by the idea of debates today... they are basically hour long sets of commercials pasted together.... erm

I would crush either of the so called "debaters" into the ground in a real debate.... no expression

PVS
well, you are correct in that TV puts a huge twist on a debate.
would clinton have won without TV? would JFK have won?
they looked handome, cool, and relaxed while their opponents, nixon and bush senior, looked like nervous sweaty old men.

but this debate is different. image does not matter. in fact, i would say kerry was beaten faaar more severely with the ugly stick than bush...who might not be so stupid looking if he quit making those monkey faces.

kerry beat bush on TV, he beat him on audio, and he beat him on paper.
all the studdering, smirking, scowling, and pauses only heightened bush's idiotic appearence. but the bottom line is bush avoided the important questions by repeating tired old rhetoric, and even still manages to make the saddam/osama mix up, and im not talking about my quote. when asked about hussein and the war in iraq, bush brought up 911. he openly admits now that there was NO ties whatsoever between saddam and al queda...so what the hell kind of answer was that?

bush was wearing his "issue-proof vest" and it was quite obvious.

Zanthor
Raventheonly, If Bush would have destroyed Kerry in the debate would you still be saying that it means nothing and that debates on TV really aren't debates? Or would you be gloating what a good job Bush did?
Hmmm

You say that you would crush either of the so called debaters is that to say that you don't agree with what Bush had to say? Or just the way he presented it?

I have to conceed that what we saw on TV was not a good old fashioned debate but each party had a fair chance to defend his position and bring up the points that he wanted to bring up. They each got their tag lines out. Not just people with Rose colored glasses are saying that Kerry did a much better job getting his thoughts across. The polls I saw said 3/4 of the people surveyed said Kerry won. Bush didn't sound convincing or in control of himself. I dare say he was flustered and out of control towards the end.

Of course Polls and Debates will not matter after Nov 2. One group will be licking their wounds and the other will be claiming complete victory. The fact of the matter is with any election this close the winner does not have a mandate to do anything. I am not sure I would want to be in either position knowing that almost half of the people voted against you...

PVS
may favorite quote of thursday night:

JIM LEHRER: Does the Iraq experience make it more likely or less likely that you would take the United States into another preemptive military action?

DUBYA: I would hope I'd never have to. I understand how hard it is to commit troops. I never wanted to commit troops. I never -- when I was running -- when we had the debate in 2000, I never dreamt I'd be doing that. But the enemy attacked us, Jim, and -- ah -- I have a solemn duty to protect the American people, to do everything I can to protect us.

...the enemy attacked us!?!?!? he STILL lies after he admitted his "error"

ElectricBugaloo
that's the leader of the free world, folks!

Turbo-Cajun
And people ask why I am I a pessimist...

angelsflame265
I thought he was refering to september 11th right there

ElectricBugaloo
he was referring to Sept. 11th. and he said we attacked Iraq because they were somehow involved in Sept. 11th

Darth Surgent
Breakin' 2 is correct. Bush was referring to Sept. 11th, but he was getting it caught up in Iraq again.

Turbo-Cajun
I think he (bush) gets those two confused too often for my comfort level.

angelsflame265
What I also noticed. . for both of them, if they ever saw a chance to attack eachother , they took it even though it would not answer the question. . i know its a debate and stuff. . but it got kind of annoying

RaventheOnly
Sorry for the late response.... messed my internet got disconnected for like a week and i barely remember what posts i had in which place messed

Yes Kerry won. big grin i admitt he won big grin and there are no buts..... stick out tongue

Seriously though image should not what we are looking for in a president. just because a person makes a mistake or stutters doesn't mean that he should be president. In actuallity Bush Senior originally Slaughtered Dukakas in his debates because he acted and spoke like a normal person... and had a normal human response to questions.... "oh Burny" is the most memorable quote from that debate stick out tongue big grin

laughing out loud yes he has issues crossed...but one must not assume that that is not the absolute truth... perhaps his intel people did say there was a connection and his selective memory it seems keeps bringing up confidential information. ... reallly no one has as much information and assets as the president has. erm

RaventheOnly
If Bush had won it doesn't matter laughing out loud these are a mockery of true debates and pathetic.... what kind of debate occurs without notes? laughing out loud my text book right next to me here states that each party has access to notes and may use them at given points between breaks. The candidates do not even directly address each other in these "debates" laughing out loud

AND for the record i think both suck, along with around 100% of the politicians today.... erm the only reason i support Bush in anything is because i hate Kerry's particular guts so much... AND i think that according to cercumstances of the past four years Bush has done a decent job.

BackFire
"If Bush had won it doesn't matter these are a mockery of true debates and pathetic.... what kind of debate occurs without notes? my text book right next to me here states that each party has access to notes and may use them at given points between breaks. The candidates do not even directly address each other in these "debates" "

They had some notes, if you looked at Kerry when Bush was talkign you could see him writing on these notes.

Punkyhermy
Edward butchered Cheeny!

RaventheOnly
yes during the pres debate you can create and note points during the debate, but you can't bring notes into the debate already created stick out tongue

BackFire
Really? I wasn't aware.

Tex
hysterical

RaventheOnly
yes

mc pee pants
are you guys ready for part two of this trvaeshamockery?

RaventheOnly
this one is suppose to be a town hall debate where the public directly questions the candidates big grin .... maybe it will interesting erm

mc pee pants
oooooooooooooooohhhh, that's interesting. the public asking the candidates. let's see how dubya can answer the people.

RaventheOnly
actually. Dubya is best at town hall meetings... namely this form of "debate"... no expression ... Kerry has said some of his most memorable quotes during town meetings (the whole i origninally voted for the war before i voted against it thing no expression )... erm he would have better luck if he sent edwards to do this rather stick out tongue

mc pee pants
now it really sound interesting... something that makes dubya sound smart? i HAVE to watch it now. what time is it on?

RaventheOnly
laughing out loud not that anyone looks smart with cheesey one liners laughing out loud

i don't know.... i think its 6 o'clock stick out tongue

mc pee pants
duely noted. thanks.

Tex
"Town meeting", that's an overstatement.

The questions are turned in, in advance and Charley Gibson decides which people get their questions answered.

Then when Charley calls on them to state their questions, they have to ask exactly like they wrote their questions, because if they stray Charlie will stop them.

And the candidates are not allowed to follow up on the questions by asking the questioners further questions.

"Town meeting" HA! What a joke! roll eyes (sarcastic)

mc pee pants
*coughripoffcough*

RaventheOnly
roll eyes (sarcastic) is that not what i've been saying since my first comment? these things are jokes stick out tongue

Tex
Oh pahlease! I completely ignore your posts turning my nose upon them! schmoll
tongue10

RaventheOnly
hysterical just as i suspected stick out tongue laughing out loud

Tex
Raven's Posts tongue2

RaventheOnly
hysterical

Nazgulinthedark
Kerry is speaking right now, and answering a question about would he have followed the same plan as Bush to remove troops in the near future from Iraq.
Kerry said, no, he would keep the troops in Iraq because Bush's plan hadn't worked, and there was choas in Iraq.
Last Friday, at the Forgien Policy Debate, Kerry said he would remove troops as soon as he got in office, and that Bush was wrong to go to war.

Naz's dad says: "Yeah, well that's why they call him wishy-washy."

RaventheOnly
eek! happy yea he probably has to roll dice to figure out what he's having for breakfast laughing out loud

Nazgulinthedark
laughing out loud

PVS
DIG THE SIG!!! stick out tongue

MC Mike
I dig it. stick out tongue thumb up

BackFire
Actually, this debate was far more even. I don't think there was a clear winner this time. Bush really impressed me this time.

He seemed much more confident and prepared, he seemed alot more professional and organized.

I'd say this one was pretty close to a draw.

Imaginary
Mhmm... and if saying one thing and saying the opposite defines a person as "wishy washy," then wouldnt you think Bush is as well?

Nazgulinthedark
maybe erm but i didnt catch much of Bush being 'wishy-washy" this debate, maybe a couple times with something to do with lots of foriegn country help with iraq, i also didn't watch the entire thing, only the beginning half hour, but I just found Bush really didn't stick to the question asked, but neither did Kerry.

ElectricBugaloo
distortions galore!

RaventheOnly
oddly most of analyst say that Bush won this one.... yet still either of them just repeated what thier commercial ram into your head. erm i still think this stuff is crap.

RaventheOnly
eek! hysterical almost every point either of them made was totally discredited laughing out loud

RaventheOnly
dude... you cannot tell me the point Naz made is not totally telling of how wishy washy Kerry is? I haven't heard Bush pull a 360 like that yet, and ESPECIALLY during a bloody debate erm

BackFire
That's indeed quite true.

Bush simply kept playing the "flip flop" card every chance he got. While Kerry kept throwing around his "wrong war, wrong time" mantra.

I don't really think either "won" this debate, Bush did do infinitely better then last time though.

Imaginary
So now it's a real debate? roll eyes (sarcastic)

RaventheOnly
I think neither won either "debate" laughing out loud but i liked the way this one was formatted rather at least big grin but the whole repeating thing was annoying laughing out loud

Tex
The TV ratings were way down compared to the first debate.

And the new numbers show the the second debate has only solidified people's picks. (not changed any minds or swung voters)

Seeing as its practically a tie, it's going to come down to voter turnout on 12/2.

Unless there's some drastic incident in these last few days.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>