How does one get to be a know-it-all?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

randi_jedi
I hope that people read this, and at least think about it.
To start off, I am a nerd. I have so much useless information in my brain that it is ridiculous. I love Harry Potter, Eragon, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Anime, Texas Tech Red Raiders, the Zags, and pretty much any college sport. I follow politics and weather relentlessly and love the gossip of celebs. I know a fair amount about a ton of things.

But, I don't know everything about anything. I have met people who do though. Especially on forums like this. Please dont get me wrong, I just want to get "in" on these forums, but as a casual observer, I feel like an outsider. I would love to make comments and have interactions, but I just don't know enough about one particular subject to hold my own. So, how do you guys do it? I don't have the patience to acknowledge every minute detail of a topic, so how can I chat? Does anyone else feel like this? Any lurkers? If not, then I am crazy....well I am anyways, but I wanted to see what everybody else thought about this too.

Out ya'll!

§pearhead
eh, just chip in when you feel it's necessary big grin s'what i do smile

dave123
haha, this is far too complex for the OTF stick out tongue try the GDF, you may get a response where the average IQ is at least larger than the months in a year stick out tongue

Darth Revan
You just spend a whole lot of time learning about one thing... If you've been in the music forum, you probably know what I mean. You don't have to know everything, just be open and say what you think, and don't be embarrassed if you don't know something or make a mistake. People here are for the most part very friendly.

Darth Revan
laughing out loud yet so true... half the people here don't have the patience to read more than a couple words in any given post stick out tongue

dave123
true that, i just read then end of your post embarrasment

randi_jedi
So you think that I should post that in a different place?

Now I gotta go kill myself!!!

J/ksmile

Well, I was jsut reading some of the stuff here, thought you guys were open minded enough to answer.

dave123
nah, its still on KMC, just over in the GDF part. you'll get a lot of replies here, but eventually it'll turn to sex and/or drugs and/or rock & roll erm

<<Solo>>
It will be moved, over time.

randi_jedi
Plus, I cannot be online enough to reddily reply to stuff that interests me before someone else already says it.

OH GOD why am I sooooo inadequate?!?!?!?!

Guess I have been a little tense~nervous twitch~ lately~twitch twitch~

<<Solo>>
Thus is true.

dave123
anyway, sleep summons me sleep

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f29/ make a thread over in the welcome forum so people know you're here big grin

and if you have any problems, just PM lil bitchiness.... she's kinda useful and she loves the extra attention really wink

night night guys sleep

randi_jedi
Who will move it? Is it like a "if you post it, it shall be moved" kinda thing?

randi_jedi
Thanks very much so:0

dave123
it will be moved by either a global mod or raz

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showgroups.php?s=

JToTheP
Being a know-it-all is basically being a huge pain in the ass, and always having to put your two-cents into EVERYTHING, and I don't mean general conversation, I mean conversation not even directed toward you in any possible way, or just talking because you like the sound of your own voice.

shellie
laughing welcome to the otf randi....you already fit in sweetie.... laughing

Mane
"How does one get to be a know-it-all?"

I'll tell you how: act like me big grin

Nazgulinthedark
being a know it all...

hmm, i dont know much about anything really, im too young to really care about politics, but i try to keep up. stick out tongue
but being a know it all, is sorta like what jtothep said, always putting your 2 cents in.
and know it alls dont doubt their knowledge, they actaully believe that they know everything. wink

hope that hepls

randi_jedi
Thanks shellie~yawn~

Opening shifts suck, see you guys in like 12 hours!

CherryPie
YOU STOLE MY NAME BASTURD!!!!! MY NMAE IS RANDI NOT YOURS! mad

Clovie
you don't need anyknowledge to post stick out tongue
the thread CAN always get offtopic happy

L49_JoaquinLovr
Im a know it all towards &lt;MOVIES&lt;Especially Ladder 49, nobody can beat me when it comes to that movie. Especially explaining the whole movie&lt;and watching it more than me.

randi_jedi
Well, maybe i do know more than i thought i did...

eggmayo
i know almost nothing. i do have pointless knowledge about cherrypickers and other nonessential items though

Phoenix Aska
Step 1

Have the title of being called a smart-ass

eggmayo
step 2 - knowing everything

Phoenix Aska
step 3-- loud voice(for opinions)

Clovie
step 4. act as if you were right even when you're wrong smart

Phoenix Aska
yes...that's the best part...

songbirdforever
stop talking about me behind my back!

Phoenix Aska
Step 5--you have to have the attitude to pull it off...

songbirdforever
didn't i ask you to stop?

Phoenix Aska
I'm not talking about you behind ur back SongBird.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.