Garden of Eden or Garden of Gall?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ytaker
I have seen numerous interpretations that go something like this

Imagine two children, on called Edam, one call Evei. Their parent puts a packet of acid on the table, and several wipe off tattoos. He also adds a little knife at the side for ease of opening the packet. He points at the safe tattoos and says, "You may put these on". He then points at the acid patches and says "if you use these, I will hit you with a wrench and kill you". He then leaves, and enters the surveillance room.

A child called Lucy enters. This child led a rebellion against the charity shop, and is very dangerous. He does not stop her. She grabs Evei and points at the acid tablets and says, "Those will improve your mind." Eve picks them up, and puts one on her skin. He does not stop her. Then Evei tries to convince Edam to use one. The time interval between the putting on and the beginning of the argument is easily enough for their father to step in. He does nothing.

Then the father takes his wrench, beats Edam and Eve bloody, and throws then out in the streets muttering "I can't let them get their hands on the crack. They'd be as strong as me then.

So I was wondering, what theories do people have on these early bible verses?

Lord Soth
That man created these verses to explain their own idiocy

Adam_PoE
The fall of Adam and Eve is certainly an interesting story. God creates the pair and introduces them to a world in which no evil exists, and by extention, no concept of right and wrong. Then he leaves them unsupervised and allows them to be tempted by the serpent.

How can Eve be faulted for aspiring to be like God and wanting to share knowledge with the man she loves when she had no conceptt of right and wrong and was left completely unsupervised?

That is like a parent leaving his three year old child home alone and then faulting him for burning down the house.

eleveninches
If there really was a garden of eden, what would happen if somebody discovered it. Would they make loads of money by building a hotel- there where you can go on holiday.

Turbo-Cajun
I think ytaker has had a bad experience with drugs and parents wielding wrenches that he's trying to tell us about... chair If you want to talk about it ytaker, I'm here for you buddy. Come let it all out, you'll feel better if you do it. There there....

Ytaker
You know, when we were talking about his signature, I though he saw himself as justified at it "going on the wall". I see now that he just hates memad . I went on a site a few months ago called http://groups.msn.com/AtheistVSGod/homepage.msnw and saw a similar piece. This is a vague copy.

Ytaker
He hates me 2guns surrenderraygun

He has a huge urge to drive me over...prayscooter

Or at least order a restraining orderpoliceshutuppolice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.