Tom Clancy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
who likes his books?

Personaly I love his books. The Jack Ryan series is great but I also like his other series like NetForce and... (damn I forgot the names) well he has a couple, still need to go and buy more books (they are really cheap that's a good thing)
Too bad the covers are always that lame.

HockeyHorror
excellent books. but some of his novels get boring quickly.

Fire
dunno hockey so far I like em all

EOWYN3
I love them--Executive Decision was great-- can't remember the one that was the direct prequel to that one...that was great too...they're all pretty good!

Fire
still need to go and buy some more almost finished cardinal

Raventheonly
I love his books. Rainbow Six oh, ya.
I read net force in middle school lol. While others read Harry Potter.

Fire
readin Op Center atm good book, pretty fast but good

mlblover15
debt of honor was the prequel to executive orders and i loved all his books.. havent really jumped into the "series" books yet... red net force the first one and the first power plays but had to get back into my other authors that were getting new books out..the only book i problems reading and had to start over after not reading it for almost a yr was.... the sum of all fears... it just dies in the middle...but after re reading it it was great...

in debt of honr there is a chapter that he explains how the entire us financal system works.. i learned and understood mor ein those 32 pages than i ever did in a whole semseter in econ. in hs...

Samas-adian
You cant really say Debt of Honor was a prequel to Exective Decision considering Debt of Honor was released before ED was. So ED was the sequel to Debt of Honor. Without Remorse and Red Rabbit have been the only prequels i can think of. Sum of all Fear was definitly the weaker Jack Ryan novel. ED, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger mave favourite JR novels. Red Storm Rising is also a very good book.

Raventheonly, i also grew up reading Tom Clancy novels but I read Harry Potter also. They're both great series.

mlblover15
debt of honor IS the prequel.... it ends in the plane hitting the congress building.... executive orders starts off with ryan being sworn in... as the pres has died in the attack... belive me i know this to be true....

Samas-adian
Prequel:
A literary, dramatic, or cinematic work whose narrative takes place before that of a preexisting work or a sequel

Debt of Honor was published in 1994. Executive Decision was published in 1996. If Debt of Honor is a prequel then it had TO BE PUBLISHED AFTER Executive Decision, which IT was not.

Without Remorse is a prequel to Patriot Games becase Without Remorse was published after Patriot Games was.

mlblover15
sorry i just meant to say that that was the book that lead to executive orders.. that is all.. didnt mean to get you all bent out of shape.. my bad..

Samas-adian
Its cool.

big gay kirk
Hunt for Red October is my fave... the book is tons better than the film.... and Red Storm Rising comes a close second...

mlblover15
id have to say that red storm rising was is my favorite book by clancy... just because of all the action. i remember finishing that book and just saying wow... other than that i dont think i can say that i liked any clancy book over antother... just like with any other author that i read.. if the book is good i read it..

now favorite author... well that is somethng for a new thread....

Smasandian
Well, I've read all of the Jack Ryan series, and I love all of them. So im reading the Teeth and the Tiger, and im so far not enjoying it. Its cool reading about the kids of Jack Ryan, but i still like to read about what actually happens to the characters I've read throughout the series. Considering this is the last Jack Ryan book, I kinda like getting some closure from the main characters.

EChaos
I have been a big fan of Tom Clancy ever since playing Rainbow Six and then reading the book. When I picked up the Op Center series I thought "YES! They were gonna do a Rainbow Six -Like series". But then they had to go and kill off Striker. I seriously hope they reform Striker again soon. And Shut up about Paul Hood's personal life already!!!

Clovie
i've read only two
hunt for the red october (WAS GREAT!!!)
and first part of netforce (i didn't like it SO much, but still was fun)

they are kinda similar to f. forsyth's books.

RedAlertv2
I have read probably a dozen Clancy books. I love the Jack Ryan novels. My only problem is the way some of them will have like 500 pages of plot buildup and less than half that many pages of action. I enjoyed Rainbow 6 a lot because of its high amounts of action

EChaos
Is there a web site or someplace where i can get more info on Op Center?

Morridini
So far I have read three Tom Clancy books.
Two about Jack Ryan: The Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games.
And also Red Storm Rising, a magnificent book.

*LEGATO*
I've only read "Red Rabbit" and "Patriot Games".

DarkCanadian
I have read:

Rainbow Six
and nearly finishing Without Remorse. How J. Clark tortures one drug dealer in that book is awesome. Better than the Punisher.

MasterWizard
I'm currently reading my first Clancy novel, Red Storm Rising. It's really good so far.

Morridini
Yeah Red Sun Rising is great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.