evangelion-live action movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

youko cloud
GAINAX and ADV films just signed a contract for the new upcoming evagelion live action movie.

I personally liked evangelion is so deep and it messes with your mind.

fini
oh god i hope they do that film REALLY REALLY well. The animated series is WICKED. But there are two ways the movie can go
1. As a plain battle fest between Angels and the Evas
or.............
2. Showing the emotional growth and evolution of the Pilots with their evas while they have to fight the angels and rest.

Personally i will choose 2, cause its such a thought provoaking, mature concept. But we'll have to see how they ( the producers and directors) make it.

AND they have to get some great actors to act in that movie, If they ever got the right person to play Shingi, i could see oscars for that boy. The person that did the animated voice was incredible, his voice was filled with anger, hate, lonliness, pain etc.

I heard somewhere( cant remember where though) that WETA digital got the contract to do that movie. Oh well.

eleveninches
i can see them making a huge mess of this one

youko cloud
yah i got word that ADV films wants Hillary Duff play Asuka and they want the Harry Potter to boy play shinji, personally i think they should rethink their character choices and choose some other people

i think they should do number 2 as well it would make the movie follow the series really well.

ja ne. cool

N.Tonks
Yes! Another Evangelion movie!!!....Hillary Duff and Daniel Radcliffe? That doesn't sound too good...

shadow link
evangaleon is one of my favourite japanede animations, and theyd better get it right, who else could do the special effects but wetta digital, coz of all the buildings that just get smashed, almost all of it would have to be cgi, but weve alll seen the pics for thunderbirs and they look pretty realstic

but yeah they would have to get the actors just right, maybe get unknonw actors like lotr did

squall lionhart
I have read some of the comics and i can't wait to see a live action movie.

youko cloud
i have seen lots of pictures and they look pretty good for CG but i think it won't be that good.

BakaXero
NO!!! not them please no
they wouldnt even be my first chose nor my last
they dont suit the characters at all
And they're suppose to be Jap
Asuka maybe german but her name is Jap
Think about it A bunch of euro people with Jap names

fini
oh god why dont they make it with Japanese actors FFS

and i agree with Eleveninches............they gonna mess it up bad.........although i would say they would most likely fock it up

big gay kirk
It will be a complete mess up... like every other hollywood adaptation of a Japanese film... look at Streetfighter2, Crying Freeman, Ring... the list goes on and on... the only Japanese film Hollywood didn't ruin was Seven Samurai, which did take to a wild west setting brilliantly.. but if they must do it, then the actors have to be spot on... I'd recommend Nicki Pierrepont for either Asuka or Rei... lets be honest, she's got the figure, the looks and above all the talent to do justice to either.... but personally I think she'd make a better Rei than Asuka, although Asuka'sd costume would look so goooood on her!!!

Rhal21
i would have to argue with you big gay kirk she would not look good in that costume
she would look GREAT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.