Moron Mormons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HiddenPotential
Have you heard about this insane cult?
The fastest growing religion today.
If satan does exist this is his church.

finti
not any worse from any of the christian denominations

finti
I really curios of what denomination you belong to HP, cause if your views are a reflection of them then by your own definition of a Real christian you aint and they sure as hell aint.
One thing many chrisitans do good is that they pass judgment upon others. According to your believe it aint up to you to judge at all it is your god and jesus who shall pass judgment on judgment day (what a laugh roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

Just to quote you seems like you got a problem with your self there

HiddenPotential
Also a quote from the same paragraph.

"I believe Jesus was a good man, a man to who we should be like whenever its possible. However I am not down with everything in the new testament and dont claim to be a christian because of that."

*SIGH*

Anyways yes actually worse than any other religion.

finti
so you pass judgment which aint up to you to do which means you aint a real chrisitan just a wannabe

HiddenPotential
lol your funny, you feel the need to remind me Im not a christian every 5 min, I dont know whether I should laugh or feel sorry for you.

HiddenPotential
In Mormonism, men and women have the potential of becoming gods. President Lorenzo Snow said, "As god once was, man is. As God is, man may become." In order to reach this exalted state of godhood, a person must first become a good Mormon, pay a full ten percent tithe to the Mormon church, follow various laws and ordinances of the church, and be found worthy. At this point, they receive a temple recommend whereupon, the Mormon is allowed to enter their sacred temples in order to go through set of secret rituals: baptism for the dead, celestial marriage, and various oaths of secrecy and commitment. Additionally, four secret handshakes are taught so the believing Mormon, upon entering the third level of Mormon heaven, can shake hands with god in a certain pattern. This celestial ritual is for the purpose of permitting entrance into the highest level of heaven.3 For those who achieve this highest of heavens, exaltation to godhood awaits them. Then, he or she, will be permitted to have his or her own planet and be the god of his own world and the Mormon system will be expanded to other planets.

thats crazy, evern crazier than christianity is it not?

finti
you set your definition of a real christian, you fail to fulfill it your own definition so.............

mormons aint any more crazy than any of the other chrisitan denomination. They got their view on the thing you got yours, as long as you cant demonstrate why you and yours belief are truer than the mormon way . That the jesus of mormonism differ characteristically form the protestant jesus doesnt give a clue to which view is corret and which isnt.

WhiteEagle
More extreme perhaps, but they still share a lot of foundation beliefs. Once you've decided that an omnipotent being exists and your life is just a stepping stone to immortality simply because you read it somewhere, I think secret handshakes and oaths become the least of your problems.

Imperial_Samura
Kind of a shame, they seem so earnest and wholesome, some actually knocked on my door a couple of months ago, which was impressive considering I live on the top floor of my apartment building (and there is no elevator), such dedication...... and I think you would find John Safrans new show (kind of a documentary/comedy) quite amusing, its called John Safran vs God. This is the official website.....

http://www6.sbs.com.au/johnsafranvsgod/index.php

WhiteEagle
Heh yes, that show is awesome. I've seen every episode in the series except one. Apparently in the one I missed there was a segment where he went door knocking Mormon houses, trying to convert them to atheism. laughing out loud

Imperial_Samura
Ah, it was quite funny, and it is really amazing how angry some people seemed to get.... still, he has hit the nail on the head this time, a great show indeed. I hope he converts to something good though....

A4E
*sighs* do u HAVE to make EVERY SINGLE thread change its topic to talk about how bad christianity is?? if u wanna trash chrsitianity then make a thnread of rit, but not in every single thread k?

Imperial_Samura
I don't think Christianity is bad. I can, however, see both sides of the argument, and I recognise Christianity does much good, and it has done much bad, its all about balance.

finti
mormons are a chrisitan denomination , so how could an attack on one of the chrisitian denomination not involve chrisitianity as a whole.
And I dont change EVERY single thread to how bad christianity, threads of religious nature pops up all almost everyday so it comes rather natural that christianity is on the agenda.
So the example you used was merely a reply of mine to a post that was a put down of a christian denomination, so if making a defence of one denomination over the lot is trashing christianity well then christianity really needs to take a look at itself as a whole

it does through the action of humans more than the religion itself though.

Laskharis
It's very easy to attack one part of Christianity without attacking the whole. The allegedly Christian K.K.K. is evil, Mother Teresa helping lepers in India is not.
And Christianity gives people the power to do good things, which would normally be beyond them.

Imperial_Samura
I agree, say a person says the tiles on their roof are ugly, it doesn't mean the whole house is bad, rather just a certain part of it. In fact, thats why there are so many Christian sects, because they are fundamentally different. And sometimes people do indeed need to be motivated to do good. Yes, the people are responsible, but if they are motivated by religion, I say it is doing good.

finti
KKK aint a denomination, mormons are, yeah no doubt the mormons do it their own way so what are they less worth as chrisitans for that reason. Do they deserve to be attacked by people of other denominations?

what would some examples of normally be beyond them be?

Laskharis
Attacking a denomination because of Weirdness is not right; pointing out moral flaws is fine (although risky because of that whole differing-views-of-morality business.) Most Christians would find the idea of humans attaining godhood, or of Grades of Heaven based around handshakes, pretty... bad.

And as for things that would normally be beyond them (ironically enough, I can't get the Quote button to work...), I would say things such as confronting the fear and guilt and arrogance-filled mess that makes up so much of the human mind, and setting about replacing it with love and strength and (hopefully) healthy cynicism.

Imperial_Samura
It depends on how you see them. Are they worth less then other Christians (am I reading you right?) It depends on how you see them, they are certainly more fanatical and hold stranger beliefs (it seems) to mainstream Christians, and to many that afords them less respect. And the Church motivates people to do good these days, the missions Australian Churchs put on to immunise Native kids, to build house for the homeless in Mexico, to help storm victims and people of abuse and so on.... and thats just some Aussie examples of things the Church enables people to do that would normally be beyond them.

finti
Norway got some nuteral (non christian,non political) humanitarian organisations that do a load of stuff in Africa, Asia, South America and the Middle East that is about all from vaccines to house building and irrigation stuff you name it, of course there are religious humanitarian organisations too, my poin is that doing good deeds aint just a christian thing people of all backgrounds and set of believes do it regardless of religious convictions or not.

I see them as a branch of christianity, no less no more worth than any of the other denominations, too me all chrisitans hold strange beliefs smile

Imperial_Samura
True, true, I am not saying Christianity has some manner of monopoly on doing good, but it is an avenue through which many are able to act well and contribute to the well being of the world. And some of the biggest aid organisations are religiously linked in part, but they don't let that prevent them doing good.

finti
indeed

Linkalicious
I don't see how the title to this thread is any less appropriate than Christianity is Bull....but oh well....i'm no mod.

Mormonism is a prime example of how stupid organized religions truly are.

Your body isn't supposed to be a temple....it's supposed to be an amusement park. But I will say polygamy sounds pretty cool. I could definitly do with multiple wives...

I always wanted my own harem. evil face

Laskharis
The problem with one's body being an amusement park is that other people may refuse to pay admission. (Sorry, that's the best way I can think of phrasing the whole dreadful rape/theft/abuse thing.)

Capt_Fantastic
I think the primary reason Mormons are often reffered to as a cult stems from the way they act outside of typical mormon citys, states, families, etc. I used to date a guy that was mormon. He is the most kind, gentle human I have ever encountered in my life. I loved him more than anyone I've ever dated. But, there was just something about the way he was raised that led to this self-hatred which, in his case, caused an almost social paralysis when dealing with others.

He truely believed that the mormons were some special group that were destined to inherit the earth because only they knew the right way to live. It's like an organism that has to live in a specific environment. Take that organism out of that environment and it starts to die. But, while in it's natural habitat it thrives. So, being mormon is great when you're with other mormons, but once they leave their safe surroundings, they start to stand out, like a wriggling worm that suffocates on the sun baked pavement. The only problem was that I couldn't get Marc to understand that simply by living as a gay man with a boyfriend and engaging in sexual acts with said boyfriend, that he was already breaking the rules of the mormon religion. He always said that being gay was god testing him. I told him that he had already failed that test.

It only serves to strengthen my resolve in matters of organized religion. They will **** you up, one way or another, in the long run.

finti
I though that was an extremly good phrase Laskharis

naybean
I find it ironic that you have a problem with people slagging off the Christian church and its other denominations yet here you are slagging off someone else's church. You reckon they do crazy stuff? look at the stuff that your own church has done/is doing. Until your own denomination is perfect why dismiss someone elses "cult" as insane. also arent all religions just cults themselves?

Linkalicious
I was commenting on the whole, no caffeine, no alcohol, no cussing....no....EVERYTHING.

Rape, theft, and abuse are another subject all unto themselves.

Arahael
Mormonism is probably the most cultish religion I've heard of in a while.

Turbo-Cajun
I don't really know what to say about mormonism except that it isn't any crazier than any other set of religious beliefs. There are stories that they have that explain things in this world just like catholics, just like jews, just like muslims. By believing in a higher power you alread take a step off the deep end IMO... just as a crazy as mormonism seems to christians, christianity seems just as crazy to athiests. When you talk about how people need to respect your religous beliefs and your right to beleive what you want to believe HP, you need to show that same respect to other religions, regardless of whether you think they are crazy or not.

WindDancer
To generalize just like you did proves that you have no clue of what moron means or what a mormon is. This is just so Nazi! Judging a religion for their beliefs! What's next? discriminate ppl for their beliefs? Bah!

Arahael
The Book of Mormon is a bunch of made-up bullshit intended to justify the brainwashing they do. I mean this religion just came about almost 200 years ago, compared to Christianity which has been around for more than 2,000 years. C'mon now.

naybean
whether its been around for 200 or 2000 years makes a difference because?

Linkalicious
and how does 1,800 years justify anything?

both are in short.....cults.

naybean
and you're trying to tell me the bible isnt "a bunch of made-up bullshit intended to justify the brainwashign they do."

Arahael
What I'm trying to say is I live in an area heavily populated by the LDS. They make life a living hell because they believe that they're better than everyone else, and anyone who is not Mormon must be a heathen.

naybean
there are christians, jews, muslims and other religiou people that believe exactly the same thing. I dont see how that differs mormons from other religious people.

Arahael
I sorry, what are you Mormon of something?

HiddenPotential
haha everyone so worried that Im a christian and Ive already expressed that im not, oh well.

Christians prepare for the afterlife (heaven)

Mormons prepare for the end of the world, they store massive amounts of food, and have alot of money. What keeps these people from trying to take over the US. Lets say a nuke is dropped on the US and the stock market crashes, there is no government, everybody running around like chickens with their head cut off, But the mormon church will still be up and running cause its run like a government and they have all these recources stored for faithful followers.

They think that their religion is number 1 too.

Linkalicious
yah, but Christians are similar. They believe their way of life is the only correct way, and that anyone else is going to hell.

I'd rather be a heathen than condemed to hell for eternity.

Wait...I don't believe in hell. Ok, so ummmm...yah. I just like to see how one religion bags on another and vice versa...which only helps prove religion is stupid.

Arahael
I'm an Agnostic so all religion seems like bunk to me. It's just that Mormonism, to me anyways, is the most screwed up of all.

naybean
lol no but i dont see why people should slag them off when in reality they are no worse than half the other religious people out there. If u slag off one u got 2 slate them all. if u dont like people slaggin off your denomination of christianity dont go slaggin off other peoples. you cant say all mormons are crazy and make life a living hell. I'm sure there are some perfectly nice mormons.

finti
mormons are as good as any christians or other religion for that matter...................and as bad

Arahael
I don't have a religion, so I'll bash who I please. stick out tongue

naybean
u can bash a religion all u like but u cant bash all the people in that religion jus for being a member of that religion. Just because they belong to a religion doesnt make them a bad person

finti
it is called being smart big grin The Amish store things too

Arahael
I'm not saying it makes them a bad person. I just don't think that they need to force their religion on to people who don't want to be converted. That's all.

Mr Zero
I doubt anyone thinks you are Christian - you pretend to be devout but are so intolerant and abusive that it's obviously an act.

My guess is you are a follower of Satan trying to give religious folk a bad name.

finti
we allready decleared you a wanna be christian HP

finti
why include Satan, religious folks are perfectly capable of that themselves evil face

naybean
when you generalise like that, I'm going to assume you dont like all mormons for being a mormon.

Arahael
Hells yes!

HiddenPotential
heres an interesting thought

the word mormon is moron with an, m
Their prophets mane is moroni and its moron with an, i

And the Bible that came 1800 years before states that:

"But I tell you everyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgement. And whoever says to his brother, 'fool!' will be subject to the sanhedrin. But whoever says, 'you moron!' will be subject to hellfire.
Matthew 5:22

interesting coincidence?
either way would be funny to bring up to a mormon.

Arahael
I think it's been done before.

Capt_Fantastic
Well, if the end of the world comes and the stock market crashes, then I don't think the money they have stored up is going to be worth anything. Unless they have huge gold reserves that no one is aware of.

But the point is that all organized religions are the same. One fools you into believing one thing, and another fools you into believing something else. I have never encountered a religion that doesn't brainwash you some how. In my years(and years and years) in Catholic school, we were encouraged to study other religions. We even had a world religions class. The only problem was that these other religions were taught by catholics, who had no issue putting a unique spin on those religions to illustrate how much better the catholic religion was in comparison.

The problem I have with the mormon religion is that they need to stay out of the streets and off my front porch. And mormons aren't alone in this practice. We just aren't exposed to average christian missionaries here in the states because we are a christian society. I'm sure there are christian missionaries pounding the dirt roads of every third world country on the planet as we speak.

Which all goes back to my main point. Organized religions are bad. God and religion are one thing, but their point is totally lost once conversion of the masses becomes your primary goal.

finti
jehova witnesses are the door knockers here in Norway, you meet the mormons downtown in the center of the cities............................and they speak Norwegian. They are Americans but have learnt Norwegian so at least I have to give them credit for their effort to learan our language

shaber
It's not the fastest growing of all religions. Also, though the Mormon gospel's divine origin is pretty dubious, their lifestyles are really quite good.

Raz
This forum is not the place for religion hating...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.