so....Darkness Falls.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
- It looked horrible......so I skipped it at the theater. That, coupled with the fact that everybody who saw it said it sucked....I skipped it on dvd too.

- I pay $85 a month for digital cable that includes all the HBO, Starz/Encore, Showtime Channels........yet watch very little tv....which would be a complete waste of money if HBO didn't air a George Carlin special every few years making those hundreds of dollars per year well worth it.

Those two combined led me to watching Darkness Falls on Encore this morning. I already pay my cable bill anyway so I just looked at it as free....nothing to lose.

Except my time. I want my hour back. This movie is only like 1hr 5min long. Thank god. This movie makes Wrong Turn look like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Jesus Christ it was horrid.

Feel free to discuss just how bad this "movie" was.

MildPossession
I liked the scene where the woman and her son are under a bed and it gets overturned by the tooth fairy, and then chasing them while they run down the corridoor. Liked the music with this scene, but apart from that, didn't think much of it.

Wolfie
I watched the first five minutes and changed the channel. I just couldn't take it anymore.

eggmayo
ha suckers. fortuantly i have not seen it - is it as bad as valentine?

botankus
Evil Dead, you're exactly right. The best part of the movie is the length!

MildPossession
Is there anyone who liked is as a whole? any fans?

Phoenix Aska
Darkness Falls is a waste of time ...I swear if u watch that u will literally grow stupider...

SlipknoT
Really only 1hr and fve minutes, it felt more like 7 hrs to me

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha...there is another gay ass movie....it's called like feardotcom or some shit like that....one of the worst movies ever....

BackFire
One of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. I felt sad after watching it.

Phoenix Aska
Hahahaha....I can name so many gay ass wanna be horror movies that it's scary...

Cinemaddiction
Or more stupid. Whichever.

Yeah. Dreamworks actually got a hold of something that other people wanted to do, and got copied, which was a little role reversal. That movie being the U.S. adaption of "Ringu" or "The Ring". "feardotcom" was like cutting room floor snippets of "The Ring" and "Strangeland" mixed with ostrich feces.

Oh, I paid to see "Darkness Fails" (pun intended) in the theatres, in addition to haphazardly buying the DVD. Sold it soon after realizing my mistake.

HockeyHorror
the first 0.000000000000002 seconds were great...after that it was garbage...

rating: 2/10

and im being nice

Phoenix Aska
U know...I made the same mistake of buying the Darkness Falls DVD...
I feel ur pain....

Pandemoniac
This movie sucked.... probably sucked even more then anything that has ever sucked before...
Who ever made this must have been totally drained of idea's and just used his used toiletpaper as the screenplay.
Stay away from this one!

Cinemaddiction
The "Tooth Fairy" kind of resembled the librarian ghost in "Ghostbusters", which was 1,000 times spookier.

Just an observation.

Phoenix Aska
hahahahahaaha...OMG do u want to know what horror movie sucked the most??? I remember now....

It was called house of 1000 corpses bt Rob Zombie...

Laughed my ass off for days....worst horror movie EVER!!!

MildPossession
So you are looking forwards to the sequel then.

thegreatrudini
That pile of shit was originaly called the tooth fairy i think that would of been the icing on the cake for its sheer lameness. Luckily im 1 of the sane peeps that hasnt bothered to see it.

Phoenix Aska
Lucky you...the rest of us are damned forever thinking about something so stupid and trivial....

Evil Dead
Most Horror Movies > House of 1000 Corpses > Darkness Falls

Phoenix Aska
UHhggggg...I don't even want to remember Darkness falls and ESPECIALLY House of 1000 Corpses...
Rip off of the texas chainsaw massacre

Evil Dead
although I've come to appreciate House of 1000 Corpses as pure camp fun..........I do agree with you whole heartedly. Here is an old thread from a little over 6 months ago on this very subject. I believe my first post in the thread pretty much sums it up.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29667&highlight=House

R0B
Id rather take a 2 hour long shit than watching this movie. This movie was a f*cking waste of time

angelsflame265
ok the fact that the evil thing in the movie was the tooth fairy . . . that should tell give people the idea of how bad the movie was

Phoenix Aska
Hmmm...I wonder what kind of person would make such a gay fairy tale up in the first place???

Wolfie
Gotta hand it to them. The only way for an hour and five minute movie to make it into theaters and DVD is if it's so bad, it feels like it's much longer.

SlipknoT
Someone made the mistake of buying this DVD for me.

SaTsuJiN
omg lmao.. thats so true... I thought the fairy character was cool.. but the movie played out horridly wrong... that needed a new director or suttin

Ruan
The first five minutes of this movie was incredibly scary! It had great potential but they failed to make it a great film in the end. I'd give it 6/10

Discos
I bought this DVD for someones birthday and never even went to the party so I decided to keep it. However, I aint watched it yet - at all.

I dont have the motivation to watch it, something about the tooth fairy doesnt appeal to me......

Discos - might watch it sooner or later

Lord_Andres
Well Discos tell you what, if it still is factory sealed sell it to someone, if not.. well sell it. it just makes a nice collection of dvds look somewhat bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.