Some Baaaad Canadian Punks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arahael
Is it just me or do these three bands/people have some things in common? Avril Lavigne, Simple Plan, and Sum 41 are all from Knuckistan and they all suck the big one. There amy be other bands that can fit in to this category, but these are the only ones I could think of right now. I hate all these people with a strong passion because they're such posers. None of then are the slightest bit punk. thumb down

mah
How about realizing that the best punk band playing today, Propagandhi, is from Canada. Thus the canadian punk scene is automatically good.

MornGlory
Three Days Grace is from Canada - they aren't so bad- I dont think they are punk or anything--

I miss grunge!
smokin'

I hate Simple Plan and Sum 41-- and Avril Lavigne is ok for pop music- she is NOT punk!

Darth Revan
Nickelback are from Canada and they suck even more than the two bands from the first post. Of course they don't claim to be punk... THEIR problem is that they claim to be music. no expression

Dr. Strangelove
laughing Nice DR

flamewielder
for starters...they arent punk...second...they arent posers...and third ur a poser

<<Solo>>
I'm guessing GC is from Canada too.

Arahael
I'm not saying that all Canadian punk music is bad, it's just that these particular people give it a bad name because of their excessive amount of suckage.

tom_delonge
well... if there poseurs what are they posin as? and another band from canada is billy talent. but they rock.

<<Solo>>
you freaking idiot tom, he said there punk posers, wanna read the whole paragraph before you try to make a "point"

Arahael
I did say that, but I'm a girl by the way.

Bad Boy
I dont wanna alarm you but Sum 41 aint punk and have never classed themselves punk. Listen to their new album and you'll see that there more metal!

tom_delonge
what the ****, they arent puck poseurs!

Arahael
Oh, but they are. All the people mentioned in the first post are corporate sellouts, who don't have the slightest fathom of what music is, that's all there is to it.

Darth Revan
If Avril, Simple Plan, and Sum41 aren't posers (as much as I hate using the word), I'd appreciate an example of what a poser is?

Spicy_Mchaggis
what the **** is going on with this thread? solo-gc is not from canada you moron. and they suck anyway. second three days grace is from new york not canada. and third sum 41 is not ****ing metal! there crappy wanna be punk. so shut up about this sum 41 is all metal. there not, get the **** over it. people who listen to any of these bands that suck from canada need to listen to real bands. dude by the way, who the **** is propaghandi. canadian punk isnt "automatically" good because 2 people have heard of a band that probably sucks so shut the **** up. im sick of punk posers. being punk isnt fun anyway. i tried it, no i fell like a ****ing moron for it. save yourselves from being posers.

R0B
Every band that has been mentioned in this thread suck

Darth Revan
And you wonder why I'm "always on you for random shit". no expression

Black Daisy
stop with these threads already your hurting mypoor little head cry

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

Deathblow
You are such an idiot laughing out loud

Propaghandi are a great band, and most definitely a 'real' band as you call it. And seeing as Today's Empires Tomorrow's Ashes (great album, check it out) was number 1 on the Canadian music source charts, I'm pretty sure more than 2 people have heard of them. 2 million might be a little closer.

eezy45
laughing The best punk band *you* know maybe stick out tongue

eezy45
LOL, and suuuure, Sum41 is metal laughing

mah
Name a better punk band playing today, fruitcake.

And deathblow is spot-on.

Bad Boy
I take it you aint heard their new album then!

Arahael
Sum 41 is not metal in the least. They completely suck.

Darth Revan
When will you learn... Chunky, tuned down guitars?metal

EDIT: dammit, the forum doesn't like my little "does not equal" sign stick out tongue

Afro Cheese
Don't blame Canada. If it wasn't for all the little kids in America buying their albums, we probably wouldn't even know who they are.

And Bad Boy, I saw Sum41 on Conan the other night, their new album isn't metal dude.

Spicy_Mchaggis
actually i have dickweed and it sucks. punk with an "edgy" sound doesnt make it metal. if you want to listen to "metal" try maybe METALica.

Arahael
I have no respect for Sum 41, whatsoever.

ClaraG
I like avril and simple plan and i don't think they try to be punk, they just do what they wanna do

agentjr
What you got against sum 41? The music is something i can dance to: Happy Dance

agentjr
forgot to say, as long as the music is good, i dont care what genre it is.

Arahael
You can't dance to Sum 41!

khalla
Actually buddy GC is from Waldorf, Maryland which I believe is in the United States...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.