Animation Versus Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

buzzlightyear
If you choose one animated film, what will you see? Finding Nemo or The Lion King? Why?

Please use this thread for any Versus or Comparison related chat.

Thank you.

buzzlightyear
I would defintly choose Finding Nemo over The Lion King any time every day. I think Finding Nemo had better animation and better characters. I didn't like The Lion King that much, but Finding Nemo was the best movie ever. Finding Nemo is my favorite movie of all time.

Orlando Bloom03
Don't you mean Lion King 1 and a half....Anyways I would see Lion King 1 and a half because I haven't seen it yet!!!

Cinemaddiction
There's no comparing regular Disney work to PIXAR. This is just an unfair comparison.

eleveninches
i thought there was already a thread about this

black_mamba01
EDIT
They are totally differnt. but the Lion King is fifty times as good as nemo.
NEMO SUCKED

black_mamba01
The lion king anyday. Finding nemo sucked. Tryhard humour. They tried to aim some of their jokes to teenagers, EDIT
they are totally differnt movies.

fini
hmmm, right now i'll watch Finding nemo again ( cause i've only seen it 3 times).
But once i've had my fill, i'll choose Lion King anyday.

buzzlightyear
Nope. I meaning the first one.

buzzlightyear
Don't care mad

buzzlightyear
What did u say? I think Nemo is a million, trillion, infinity times better than Lion King.

EDIT

buzzlightyear
Don't even say it again. mad

OR ELSE evil face evil face evil face

buzzlightyear
But I'll choose Nemo any day

Cinemaddiction
All the PIXAR movies have a handful of adult themed jokes, since these movies are certainly not just for kids. It's pretty much an on going thing.

OBloommyday
i was only 5 when lion king came out eek!

i like hakuna matata song so I pick Lion King big grin

neovssmith
i think LION KING was on a grander scale and landscape, which makes it topnotch. on the other hand, NEMO was smart and witty comedy cartoon. Happy Dance

shadow link
SPIRITED AWAY IS BETTER THAN BOTH OF THEM COMBINED

but i would go for lion king over nemo deffinatelycoz lion king was so much more moving and had such great imagery

LeAtHerRFace
Lion King is and will ever be the best animated disney movie created. Nemo trails behind.

chez
I enjoyed both, but probably I'd choose The Lion King. I like the voice cast better, I like the music and the imagery, and I used to watch it when I was a kid, so it's always going to be sort of special... big grin

SaTsuJiN
well, even though I feel they arent comparible in any way.. I'd have to say Lion King (not 1 and 1/2, the original) because the music was just great. Everything was well animated and designed.... unfortunately I dont really like cartoons with just animals in em, but like I said the music was really good

alic88
EXACTLY. how could u put finding nemo ahead of a classic movie like LION KING. sure nemo is funny and popular but do u all have ANY IDEA HOW FAMOUS LION KING IS?i m sorry no comparison lion king wins hands down

buzzlightyear
don't give a damn

buzzlightyear
u no that FINDING NEMO is my favorite movie, it will always be my favorite, on the other hand, i don't think i should b involved in THE LION KING

buzzlightyear
I HADN'T SEEN SPIRITED AWAY, AND I NEVER WILL.

but i would go over nemo over lion king deffinatley coz nemo had so much better animation and the animation was superb and imaginative.

BIOTTTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

buzzlightyear
1 of my friends say that same thing 2.

buzzlightyear
nemo is the best movie ever made in animation. lion king trails behind.

buzzlightyear
i only enjoyed nemo. i like the animation better. i like the characters and the story. i love nemo and nemo is my favorite movie of all time.

buzzlightyear
well *******, 3D animation is way better,
EDIT

buzzlightyear
nemo is 10 times better than lion king,
EDIT

Chelsea23
I would have to say....Lion King. I have only seen Finding Nemo 2 or 3 times...but I don't like it. So Lion King for me

Kes
Watch it buzz!You asked which one ppl liked best and why and that is what you are getting.

Doesnt make sence to compare animations, 1 came out in 94 the other came out in 2003!

Cinemaddiction
Nemo in ALMOST EVERYONES opinion isn't better than "Toy Story". Nemo just works on more levels with kids and adults because of the story. "Toy Story" was groundbreaking.

*Danii*
I prefered Peter Pan to both of them.
But
I love finding Nemo-its dead funny, but The Lion Kings a classic!
IMO its like comparing (Sean Connery) James Bond with Cody Banks! The last one may have better effects, be funnier, and appeal to a younger audience or whatever, but the classics are the best.

nemo
hey, classics used to be a new movie at one time too !
ten yrs from u'll see that Finding Nemo is another classic as well.
anyway what the does classic or not have to do with wether you like a movie or not.
and Finding Nemo is the best animation film ever
even if you prefer moving stories like the Lion King , u still have to admit that Finding Nemo is the funniest animation.

xxsarahxx
Finding Nemo or the lion king? Kinda hard to choose, the lion king is a classic and I just love the songs and the characters but I think Nemo is alot funnier. I just love Dory!

buzzlightyear
I no what u said

buzzlightyear
I would have to say....Finding Nemo. I have only seen The Lion King 6 or 8 times...but I don't like it. So Finding Nemo for me,
EDIT

buzzlightyear
I had only seen Peter Pan the Disney version but not the new one.

I love Finding Nemo. Finding Nemo is my favorite movie. The Lion King is a movie that I don't want 2 b involved in.

buzzlightyear
i know.

of course finding nemo is the best animated movie ever. i love it. lion king was an all right film, but nemo's way way better.

buzzlightyear
lion king is a classic, but finding nemo is way way better and really really funny. Dory's a nerd. Finding Nemo is my favorite movie.

eleveninches
finding nemo was a good film, but in terms of the story, lion king is much better

shadow link
wa does BIOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHH mean ?

Xena fan
I like finding nemo. But Lion King was more of a better story. I chose Lion King.

DemonicGambit-2
I would rather watch Lion King, because I like it all-round, while with Nemo, I only liked it for Dora

Superman5452
Its Dori, you turtle!!!

DemonicGambit-2
Oh yeah Dora is that explorer chick, huh? Opps......I'm not a turtle, you are!

Superman5452
We did it, we did it, we did it, yay!!! serenade

alic88
BUZZLIGHTYEAR: its obvious more people like lion king more than finding nemo. so just get over it

eleveninches
The Lion king was cool, with a great story, but the sequals were really poor

alic88
i thought there was only 1 sequel right? i fogot the story what happened in it?

eleveninches
There was also a straight to DVD sequal (lion king 3/lion king 1.5) which I hav'nt seen and dont want to see cos it looks crap

chez
Very true - sequels almost always are, with a few exceptions. Disney always tries to milk success for all it's worth, and it cheapens their work.

Lion King 2, I've forgotten most of it. And I haven't seen Lion King 1 1/2, though I've heard it's not complete trash.

There was also 'Timon & Pumbaa' the animated series... thank goodness Nathan Lane (Timon in the movie) sat out for that one!

boxofdeath2.0
It's the ciiiiiiiiiiiircle, the ciiiiircle of crappy movies.

They both suck.

yerssot
than don't get started on Lion King 3 laughing out loud

sequals are almost per definition trash y'know

eleveninches
I rented Lion King 2 from the video store, and it is just NOwhere near the original

DeNiro
finding nemo was more entertaining and like more like i know im a guy but it was prettyer stick out tongue but the lion king is a classic of my child hood i saw that at the show and i am deffintly going to say lion king is better just because it was back when i was 5 or so but finding nemo is without a doubt the better movie no god damn singing laughing out loud

msj_shanks
i would choose the lion king. Finding nemo is great but the lion king is better.

Firesky
have a poll between a great movie that came out in 1994 where there wasnt to much or if any of the computer animated stuff out, to a great computer animated that came out in 2003 i dont think thats very fair i am a huge huge lion king fan have a vhs, lion king special ed dvd, lion king 1 1/2 and i have finding nemo its really hard to pick... so i am gonna have to say that i can not pick but if you where to ask about pixars stuff, toy story 1 and 2, bugs life, finding nemo, ( thats all i can tink of off the top of my head) then i would soooo go with finding nemo.

Clovie
lion king. it is beautiful and i can watch it again and again.

and finding nemo, yes, funny. but when i've tried to watch it for the second time i've got immediately bored erm

Lydia_J
I dont see how people can even compare them, the lion king is one of the greatest films ever

vaya_the_elf
The Lion King is a Classic. There is no way finding Nemo is better. I love finding nemo also, but The lion King is way cooler. The music was just great, and so was the story line.

yerssot
that's a tricky one, both are on my number one spot of fave animated movie sad

kalumon
lion king i have them and nemo but lion king is the best

kalumon
lion king

Electrocat
Lion King (1) definately. Great story, lovable charaters, great music. I just generally choose it over finding Nemo because I love that whole 'inside look' you get with lion king, wheras finding nemo is just a rush for daddy to get his boy back.

yerssot
it's the message Electrocat, the message eek! *keeps on swimming*

Clovie
Originally posted by Electrocat
Lion King (1) definately. Great story, lovable charaters, great music. I just generally choose it over finding Nemo because I love that whole 'inside look' you get with lion king, wheras finding nemo is just a rush for daddy to get his boy back. i totally agree.
and one more thing is that fiding nemo is totally childish, while lion king..is for kids too. but it seems to have some deeper maning.

IceWithin
LK I
its like the best animated movie of all times!! you cant possibly compare it to Finding Nemo

yerssot
Originally posted by Clovie
i totally agree.
and one more thing is that fiding nemo is totally childish, while lion king..is for kids too. but it seems to have some deeper maning.
you can argue that the lion king stole from hamlet and the white lion

Clovie
Originally posted by yerssot
you can argue that the lion king stole from hamlet and the white lion you are right..i never compared it to hamplet..but it has actually main plot very similar..with uncle killing father etc.

and i don't know the white lion book(?)

yerssot
it's very big in japan, there are some sites about it somewhere but can't find them at the moment

Clovie
no idea about it...
it has the same plot too?

yerssot
I found it: Kimba the White Lion

(http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm)

Clovie
i've just watched pics blink it is almost the same. of course disney's production is more spectatular..but... if it was a remake, why didn't they admit it?

yerssot
pride?

Clovie
only that? sad i didn't expect them to be so shallow

yerssot
it's all about the money

Clovie
they would get less if it was adapted story?

yerssot
then they would have to pay royalties I take

Clovie
it was 20 years after the orignal one, i think copyright usually lasts that ammount of time, so they were safe. messed

yerssot
no.

"Under the law in effect before 1978, copyright was secured either on the date a work was published with a copyright notice or on the date of registration if the work was registered in unpublished form. In either case, the copyright endured for a first term of 28 years from the date it was secured. During the last (28th) year of the first term, the copyright was eligible for renewal. The Copyright Act of 1976 extended the renewal term from 28 to 47 years for copyrights that were subsisting on January 1, 1978, or for pre-1978 copyrights restored under the Uruguay Round Agreements Act (URAA), making these works eligible for a total term of protection of 75 years. Public Law 105-298, enacted on October 27, 1998, further extended the renewal term of copyrights still subsisting on that date by an additional 20 years, providing for a renewal term of 67 years and a total term of protection of 95 years."

(http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#hlc)

so it was still copyrighted for 8 years

Clovie
could you re-write it with simple words?

if the white lion was from 1965 and lion king frm 1994...it was almost 30 years confused

yerssot
that's the official wording... basicly you get 28 years of copyright protection which you can renew to 47 extra years of protections so the work gets protected for 75 years in total.

I just read you said there was 20 years of difference so I acted on that

Clovie
coz i thought the protection is 20 years confused

and i understand it.. i think.

grade 3 ol
LION KING IS THE BEST! why?
BECAUSE OF THE MUSIC!!!!!
I know basically all of the songs from lion king 1 & 2
I reckon my VHSs are almost worn out!!!!
but i LOVE finding nemo too!
Just no cool songs to sing along with and annoy everyone else in the room 3343434

starwars3
I'll say Finding Nemo.

fini
LION KING.

star22
I much prefer Lion King. It is my favorite Disney movie, and probably my favorite animated movie. The animation is great and pretty realistic. The music is just amazing. The characters are believable and easy to sympathize with. The story is intruiguing and much more moving.

Leo.M
Finding Nemo is an awesome movie.... but THE LION KING kicks @$$
so the Lion king all the way w00t

starwars3
To be honest, I thought they were both awesome computer animated films. "Shark Tale" was really funny, but "Finding Nemo" was a WHOLE lot fun. I think "Finding Nemo" is better.

Susan-Storm
What a Dumb Question To ask.. Finding Nemo Duh

JKozzy
Finding Nemo... Shark Tale I didn't find funny.

DarkC
Finding Nemo.

Leo.M
Finding Nemo

dizzyblondegirl
finding nemo without a doubt is definatly better than shark tale

Lord Nauj
Finding Nemo, Shark Tale was really really dumb

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by Lord Nauj
Finding Nemo, Shark Tale was really really dumb Originally posted by dizzyblondegirl
finding nemo without a doubt is definatly better than shark tale Originally posted by Leo.M
Finding Nemo Originally posted by DarkC
Finding Nemo. Originally posted by JKozzy
Finding Nemo... Shark Tale I didn't find funny. Originally posted by starwars3
To be honest, I thought they were both awesome computer animated films. "Shark Tale" was really funny, but "Finding Nemo" was a WHOLE lot fun. I think "Finding Nemo" is better.

Face it everyone agrees that Shark tale sucks and Finding nemo is better

vaya_the_elf
I think Finding nemo is much better. Has a better plot line, and the fish look more real to me

danagrint
finding nemo

Susan-Storm
My Point is proven !

Originally posted by danagrint
finding nemo

Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
I think Finding nemo is much better. Has a better plot line, and the fish look more real to me

For goodness sake why do we even Bother

powerfulone1987
Finding Nemo seems better to me, but Sharktale was a good movie too.

gls
shark tale was a big dissapointment to me. it wasn't funny at all really.. =\

starwars3
You guies, I have to agree. "Shark Tale" wasn't that outstanding. "Finding Nemo" is so much better.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
My Point is proven !

For goodness sake why do we even Bother Because it's a forum eek!

Blue_Butterfly
Shark Tale was boring. There was not really alot of adventure and such like you would usually find in any movie. So Finding Nemo would definitley be my choice. Its funny and exciting to watch.

Blue_Butterfly
The Lion King was my childhood favorite and is STILL my most favorite other than Alice In Wonderland. SOOOOO The Lion King.

gls
i've watched finding nemo i think 4 times.. i (barely) watched shark tale once. it was just too boring.

crickey77
Definitely Nemo

chez
Just out of interest... is there anyone who actually did like Shark Tale more than Nemo??

La Vierge
ME!!!!

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by La Vierge
ME!!!!

Wow. You might be the only one *laughs*

Backspace
I never saw Shark Tale and never desired to.

Nevermind
Me and a friend were talking about Disney movies recently and we got into a bit of an argument on which is better. I personally think Aladdin and I've asked a lot of my friends and most of them agree. What do you think? Give reasons too if you want.

Wolfie
They're both classics. I'd have to go with The Lion King though. The concept of Aladdin, a man in the slumps rising to the ultimate happy ending of becoming a prince and marrying the most beautiful woman he's ever seen has been overdone today and turned quite cliche.

The Lion King, however, I still find very powerful. I particularly like the scene when Scar has Mufasa on the edge of the cliff as the stampede is going by. Those words, "Long live the king!" It's still moves me whenever I see it once in a blue moon. Also, the comic relief (Timon and Pumba) weren't as overdone as I felt Abu and Iago were.

powerfulone1987
aladdin.

shaber
Aladdin, the Genie.

LLG
I like both, but I would have to choose Aladdin.

Draco69
Lion King. More of a masterpiece.

SimonW
Aladdin. Mostly because Robin Williams and the catchy tunes...damn, they get you every time.

SimonW
Finding Nemo...Even if I did not fully understand it. It just had a better storyline.

SimonW
The Lion King. No question about it.

LizzyT123
no No NO! Lion King will always conquer, its a classic, and Lion King is one of those more original Disney movies in the first place. Finding Nemo was a good movie, but I'm sorry, I'll stick with Lion King.

HermWeasley
loin king is a classic ! i enjoyed it.
i think i cried when i first watched it.weep

Jenova
Lion king for all the reasons already stated.

In Fate's Hands
Honestly in my opinon 'Aladdin' is the all time greatest out of all the Walt Disney movies. Robin Williams played the Genie so well.

doan_m
The Lion King. Quite obviously as it remains one of the greatest classics ever made. It actually had an extremely solid and fluid storyline which is something i don't see much of these days...

Kazenji
I prefer Aladdin out of the two

Dinglehopper
The Lion King is brilliantly done. And this being done before all the new CGI stuff. The backgrounds/scenery were just amazing on the Lion King film. The Wildebeast charge was one of the best animated scenes I have ever seen done with the technology they used back then.

Aladdin was also very well animated.

FistOfThe North
Master Yoda vs. Master Splinter

No Force powers. Just a straight up physical fight and light-sabers included between the to in a dojo.

Who'd win.

Terror of Death
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Master Yoda vs. Master Splinter

No Force powers. Just a straight up physical fight and light-sabers included between the to in a dojo.

Who'd win.

Splinter. No carttoon rivals Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003). This is obvious to anyone who watches it.

pizzaman265
what??

spidey-dude
stimpy vs garfield.

which kitty can eat the most burgers ?

funny_123
Hello guys, I perfer Lion king is better than the aladin . The backgrounds were just amazing on the Lion King film. spidey-dude stimpy can eat the most burgers.

Lord Feron
stimpy only because he will be too dumb to know he is already full and garfield will be too lazy to reach for the next burger lol oh yeah Lion King is fantastic.

Inanna
The Lion King

Electrocat
The Lion King!!!!

It was a great animated achievement back in the day, and it still is.

Nemesis X
Two deadly toddlers go at it in a fight to the death.

Fight takes place in a day care center.

Discuss which of these two you think will win.

KingD19
Stewie in a stomp. He's a master martial artist, extremely skilled in melee and long range weaponry, has genius level intellect, etc... Maggie's got nothing on him.

XanatosForever
Unless Maggie's pacifier is secretly a stopper for a black hole genetically mutated into her mouth. no expression

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KingD19
Maggie's got nothing on him.

Maggie is a master at fire arms, took down three mobsters with a sniper in less than a minute, is as agile as Bounty Hunting Homer and I believe I once saw her in an episode where she was very skillful with a knife.

NemeBro
Stewie is a super genius to a science fiction level, is a master of virtually every weapon, a master hand to hand combatant, and stuff. He wins.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by buzzlightyear
I would defintly choose Finding Nemo over The Lion King any time every day. I think Finding Nemo had better animation and better characters. I didn't like The Lion King that much, but Finding Nemo was the best movie ever. Finding Nemo is my favorite movie of all time.
I thought The Incredibles was better
but yea, Nemo stomps all over Simba's ass

Darth Piggott
I would rather see Lion King because it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I didn't really like Finding Nemo that much but it was good. I loved Mufasa, he looked like a cat that no one would dare mess with, while grown up Simba was still a cry baby

inboundcp
I want the nemo big grin

inboundcp
can someone please tell me if there is another new version of finding nemo?

marwash22
Originally posted by NemeBro
Stewie is a super genius to a science fiction level, is a master of virtually every weapon, a master hand to hand combatant, and stuff. He wins. uhhh, Maggie has been storing her spiritual power in her pacifier for 20+ years... Stewie's not getting through her defenses.

ShadeSlayer15
American dad vs Peter Griffen

ShadeSlayer15
Rodger vs brian

SamZED
Originally posted by NemeBro
Stewie is a super genius to a science fiction level, is a master of virtually every weapon, a master hand to hand combatant, and stuff. He wins. Stewie is master h2h combatant when it's funny. When it's not he gets beat up by schoolyard bullies. That's how things work in FG. Maggie would probably beat him in a crossover where they're both in character.

AsbestosFlaygon
Popeye w/ spinach -VS- Bluto w/ spinach

Who will win?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>