ken bigley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
R.I.P

wankers who killed him are sick

cant wait till they all rot..

BackFire
Indeed, I hope all these people find the business end of a shotgun sooner then later, they should not be alive.

Tex
Was he the first UK citizen beheaded?

It's become a common occurrence as far as US citizens in Iraq are concerned.

Horrible way to live out your last days and a deplorable way to die! no

dean7879
i think he was the first yeah..
he managed to escape for 30 minutes but he got recaptured.

MildPossession
It's sad when someone dies.

I have a feeling they would have let him live if he hadn't tried to escape.

Also, off topic a bit, they shouldn't have not shown Halloween H20 on television because of it. I doubt people who get effected by it would watch a horror movie on the night. So leave it up to the people to decide thank you.

KidRock
yeah im sure they would have let him go roll eyes (sarcastic)

MildPossession
You never know, escaping would have made them even more angry and decided to kill him then and there, instead of him still as a hostage with at least more of a % chance of being let go.

BackFire
They didn't let anyone else live, why would they let this guy live?

Deathblow
It was horrible, really really horrible. And heartbreaking after all the appeals and TV appearances his family made.

It was all the media's fault as well. They don't seem to understand that they are helping these people by shoving this information in our faces. If the government had forced the newspapers and TV to completely ignore what was going on, the kidnappers would have got zero publicity, and publicity is all they want. I know we, the public, have a right to know, but the amount of coverage this thing got just made the situation worse, especially showing parts of that video of him begging for his life. They want to shock people and show they're not just going to lay down and take the invasion of their country, so they commit disgusting acts of cruelty like this to scare us. I believe that Ken Bigley could even have walked out of this thing alive if it had just been blanked.

Still it makes you wonder, what the hell was/is running through those people's heads? I can't imagine what it feels like to believe in something so strongly that it makes you feel ok to kill another human in such a brutal way. Or maybe they don't feel ok, maybe they hate themselves for it.

This is one screwed up world confused

amity75
Ken Bigley was dead the minute these people kidnapped him. Life is so cheap in Iraq and dozens of people are killed every day so to the kidnappers he was just another statistic. They would never have let him live. These people value death as much as we value life and cmon, who the hell in their right mind would want to go and work in Iraq?

dean7879
ken was told the risks..everyone knows how dangerous it is over there...
i know its bad to say but if u get caught then it is your own fault...
not the goverments fault or anyyone elses

lil bitchiness
I agree with Amity. Who the hell would want to go and work in Iraq in the time of war? Im very sadden to hear they have killed him, but he shouldnt have attempted to profit from this war.

Tony blair is even bigger b!tch than those who have killed him. Hes the one that dragged us into this silly war.

Stalin was ever so right - death of one person is a tragedy, death of millions is just a statistic.

Many people have died in this war, and many will continue to die. Iraqi sitizens, thousends and thousands have died, American soldiers, have died, some of them being only 20 or so - still children. British soldiers have died...etc.

When will people learn that there is no suchthing as a ''just war'' - EVER! And this is certanly not it either.

As Marilyn Manson said, which i think it applies to this case so much:

If you die when theres noone watching, then your ratings drop and you're forggoten, but if they kill you on their TV, you're a marthyr and a lamb of God''

Im not trying to sound cruel, but Ken Bigley isnt the first or the last person killed in this war. The ony differance here is that he was killed on TV.

Darth Revan
Wow Sam, I think that's the longest post I've ever seen you make confused

I agree with it mostly, though.

Milla> You have a very good point... Thousands of people had already died from both sides, yet these beheadings get so much more media coverage for... what reason? Seems to me that some of the other things that have been happening to everybody over there are worse than this. I'd rather get my head sliced off than be blown up by a mine or something. Not to say what happened wasn't terrible, but a casualty is a casualty, and differentiating between this and all the other people who've died is giving them what they want. I do feel bad for the guy's family though, that would really suck to have a tape of your son's death circulating on the internet.

Syren
I know it happens very rarely Milla, but I'm inclined to agree with every word you just said. I can't add anything else, you said everything I was thinking and more. Well put........

Syren
Do you think it has anything to do with our (apparent) natural taste for death? I've seen a thread made before about why humans tend to enjoy watching such things, and why.

mechmoggy
I know some people who have worked in war-torn areas before; and they said it was great trying to improve under developed countries.

It's not an option now with things the way they are, but I'd like to think when I retire, I would still want to go and do voluntary work as an engineer abroad.

Darth Revan
Yes, it probably does, and I must admit that I enjoy the occasional violent video game or movie... But christ, I'd think people would at least be able to show some respect for the man. Watching a real person die and an actor or CGI monster/person are two different things.

Peeves-04
i say drop a nuke on the ****ers

lil bitchiness
Oh yeah, sure nuke them away. It would only be the question of how soon you get few nukes dropped on USA after that!

Deathblow
I think the bigger point is that by nuking a country your essentially murdering hundreds, maybe even thousands (depending on whether it's an urban area) of innocent people in order to kill a couple of terrorists. In my view there is nothing any nation can do thats bad enough to warrant nuking.

So yeah, dumb idea!

silver_tears
Im sorry but by invading a country like the US did to Iraq, they are essentially doing the same thing, killing hundreds, and or thousands of innocent people. War is never the answer, no matter what kind of an advantage you may think you have, wars are unpredictable, and in the end they normally do more bad than good erm

The thing about this beheading video, is that it is just that, a man being beheaded, it's the most disgusting cruel form of execution in my opinion. So of course many others are dying, but it's so much worse when they are killed in such inhumane ways.

Syren
Yeah, I understand that, and I'm not for one moment condoning such acts, but I do know a few bloodthirsty people and I don't mean those who enjoy a darn good rollicking in a comp game.

Syren
Agree with everything you said except for the cruellest form of execution. I think hanging or electric shock is a little more brutal. At lest beheading is instantaneous erm Once again, not justifying at all.

mechmoggy
*Shudders*

I saw a mpeg of such a killing on the FHM website a few years ago, and it was anything but instantaneous. Lets just say they had to take a few cracks at it to get it right... sick

Syren
Uh, I guess there's always that sick

'Scuse me a moment...........

lil bitchiness
Agreed.

A war is brutal. People do some nasty things to people and that never ever makes the news.

Soldiers rape women and children, then they chop bits of their body, scoope their eyes out, beat them to death or whatever. None of that makes the news.

Neither do all the inhumane things done to children.

Its what war is, brutality and murder. I still stand by what i said, you get killed on TV, you become something else.

What about people who were kidnapped with Ken Bigley? What about them? Anyone harly knows their names, let alone anything else.

As silver_tears already said, nothing excuses the US invasion.

Syren
Killed in the middle of a million, you'll be a statistic, killed in the middle of the media, you'll be a freakin' martyr.

dean7879
the bad thing is that this war is something we cant win...either pull out now or have more innocent people killed...cos face it..this is gonna go on for years ...

amity75
In a lot of ways Ken Bigleys death affected me more than 9/11. I felt as though I got to know him through TV and the media. He was just a normal guy who liked a pint and a laugh. I knew from the beginning he'd get killed but it didn't make it any less shocking when these "people" finally went through with it.

amity75
Also, I've had arseholes in my office coming in saying "Man, I watched that Ken Bigley get his head chopped off last night!". I'm sure that if I was in the same situation as Ken then it would sadden me even more as the knife got held at my throat that braindead morons would be watching my death with a packet of crisps in their hands. Anyone who watches one of these execution videos lowers themselves to the level of the scum who carry out the executions.

dean7879
agreed

MildPossession
I don't understand why people want to look up such things and watch them in the first place.

BackFire
Too anyone domonizing the American and British soldiers by saying they're no better then the iraqi crazy rebels who are PURPOSELY killing innocent civilians, here's an interesting statistic -

More innocent Iraqi civilizians have been killed by the Iraqi rebels then by American Soldiers. They often will blow something up and end up killing 15 Iraqi civilians just to kill 1 American soldier.

Peeves-04
i saw one a movie with a american being beheaded its just sick the people who do it need to be put in high security jails and be beaten every day in there only way to make them feel wot they do to innocent guys and girls

lil bitchiness
And who said that?

BackFire
No one, it was a general statement aimed at anyone who may have, or will attempt to demonize American troops by saying "well they're killing innocent people too so they're no better, duh...".

Whenever a thread like this comes up about a beheading done by the Iraqi rebels and how horrible they are, there is always someone who is trying just a little to hard to be open minded and generally says what I stated above. Saying that American soldiers are no better and all that nonsense. Just thought I'd beat them to the punch and reject their bullshit before they begin to spout it.

furryman
Well didn't the Americans kill more Americans than Iraqis? confused

Syren
Hear hear yes

It grates on me too when some of those 'open minded' people try so hard to justify horrific acts by saying that certain others are just as bad. Nothing could justify it IMO, it simply isn't something that can be smiled upon.

lil bitchiness
Wasnt it British? blink Didnt Americans kill lots of British people ''frindly fire'' thing...??

yerssot
I wonder if this all falls under "collateral damage" too...

amity75
The Americans and their "Friendly fire" killed Terry Lloyd. Bastards.

KidRock
they didnt kill as many as the iraqies did.

Tex
Iraq was a much safer place when Saddam was in power!

KidRock
but america wasnt

Tex
You're right!
All those WMD we found in Iraq were aiming right for us! hysterical

American Soldiers killed = 1000+
Iraqi Civilans killed = 14000+
Cost = $200,000,000,000

WMD found in Iraq = 0

lil bitchiness
Preach it sistah! diva

But seriously, how can you possibly believe that there are any WMD in Iraq? If there were, do you not think Saddam would have used it on USA, at some point during the last 13 years of bombing?

furryman

lil bitchiness
hah! Too true.

yerssot
could you please expain to me what grave danger the US was in precisely? Last time I checked there was still a mighty big ocean between the two

dean7879
i personally dont think that america was in any danger...a few years later, iraq could of had missiles that could hit america.....im just glad they got rid of saddam anyway..he killed more of his own people then usa and britain will eva do

tonyuka
I felt very sorry for Ken Bigley due to the cause of execution he suffered I honestly think the motive behind this is to instill fear into people and I think that was his captors objective which of course will fail greatly.. in there motives I also would like to suggest that the people who carried this execution out on this gentleman human being when there time comes to pass over all they will see is nothing but darkness and I dont believe in any religion and guess what if and when it happens I will have a most joyous smile on my face and to laugh at there pathetic actions what a joke they are. think about it. dinki dee dog food is really the best food supplement for these type of people can you imagine it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.