Ep3 duel rotoscoped

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
For all who want the ep3 duel rotoscoped, i am in the process of finishing the lightsabers, then i have to do the background and it will be done. i should have it finished in about a week. i'll let you all know when its done and where to download it.

if anyone has any good pictures of a background i could use, please post them here.

i'll basically use this thread to let u know what im up to, and how far along its coming (if thats ok with the mods)stick out tongue

Mist
its blue vs blue with DOTF, in case you were wondering.

cal31
sweet.

Jedi Priestess
cant wait! smile

moonwalker741
awesome, when your done, and if you cant find a server...use this site...it works great http://s7.yousendit.com/

Anakin2Vader
looking forward to it... good luck

Jedi Priestess
damn is it Thursday yet?

waynerobsonuk
I was working on one myself but decided to drop the idea once I realised someone else was doing it....LOL laziness is a wonderful thing smile

Wayne...

Mist
hopefully it will be finished and up in about 4days. ive nearly finished it. make sure you all have quicktime ready!

The Ones
yep

Mist
teaser:

Sith Master X
AWESOME!

Mist
teaser2:

Mist
teaser3:

Sith Master X
Cool! Are those finished shots? I can't wait to see this thing!

moonwalker741
thats kick ass, cant wait smile

Mist
nope, still got anakins to do.

This note is for everyone:

These shots are behind the scenes footage and are fairly poor quality. Dont blame me if it looks crap, ive done as best i can. some shots have a light which has spoilt the shot, but ive still used it.

i have to finish obi wans then do anakins. should be up soon.

Sith Master X
That's sweet. It looks good already. lol

moonwalker741
yeah i noticed the color is very poor, but i hope it comes out good...

Mist
also have to put the saber sound effects in. better than nothing i suppose.

Sith Master X
The quality look pretty decent to me.

Mist
some shots are good, some are quite bad. eg. at the end of the clip i have put a shot of anakin and the quality has affected the bluescreen background, some parts go black when they are supposed to be the volcano.

Jedi Priestess
at this point I will take anything lol

Mist
just dont complain if it doesnt look as good as you thought it would.

Mist
it should stay the same as the pics posted but the recompression might change things. hopefully not.

darktim1
fine with me.

Mist
production is being held off for a couple of days. got a heap of work to do. i'll start again on sunday. sorry.

Sith Master X
What are you using to edit this anyway?

Mist
photoshop and premiere. simple and effective.

Sith Master X
Cool. I have editing software called Pinnacle Studios. It's ok, but doesn't do nearly the stuff that Premiere does. Actually, it doesn't do half the stuff that premiere does. I would love nothing more then to get that version. Is it 6.0?

Mist
yes. ive never used pinnacle before.

Jedi Priestess
crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby

Mist
hey, i have heaps of work to do! ive got a maths test, 2 webpages, 2000 word essay, major hospitality assignment plus revision for exams.

im not superman (or AM i? shifty )

i'll get it up, dont worry. it wont take me long, but sunday is the only day i'll have free so ill continue then.

one eye

in the meantime, start wetting your pants over the trailer! (i know i will be)!

Mist
ive made an animated gif of a short sequence to show you all but its too big to post. i'll make it smaller tonight and post it later.

Jeff-Man
i want to see.

cal31
I'm just getting into making my own videos and rotoscoping sabers and adding effects in and I've gotten most of that down pretty good. BUt I was wondering where do you guys get the lightsaber sound effects from or how do you get them?

Mist
i use them from games. jedi outcast and jedi academy has heaps to use. you can also download sounds from tfn.

Mist
blue saber

Sith Master X
That's looking pretty good. thumb up

Mist
red saber

Mist
im making a blue vs blue and a blue vs red for all the other people.

jedijunky1138
Wow that looks great! Cant wait to see the finished product.

Jeff-Man
looks good. i hope its a bit bigger though

Mist
laughing you sad, sad little man. laughing
of course its bigger, i had to make those gifs small so i could post them to show you.

the actual footage is 352x288 or close to. and the footage is faster than those gifs.

sad, sad little man........ laughing out loud

JKozzy
laughing out loud

How much more time till completion, Mist? Then we can get the hosting situation settled happy

Obi-Wan_fangirl
I agree that those photos looked totally awesome , just as it will be just as awesome to see it in the movie .

Jeff-Man
i was joking stick out tongue laughing

g3orge
this looks awesome thumb up

DarthVader
Can some one send me the origanal fottage in Quicktime cuz i have a apple computer and Windows Media Sucks for me...Please and thank you..

Mist
exam time for me. i'll have all day on friday, saturday and sunday for rotoscoping. i did a lot the other day but my computer crashed so bye bye. couldnt save.

vanyoda
Looking forward to it Mist , it sounds like a lot of
hard work. Are you going to hold off until the
trailer comes out? I do know that by Thursday
everyone will be endlessly talking about the
trailer.

vador_2444
can someone tell me who made that video ?

ftp://69.44.154.225/upload_here/Workinprogress.mov

Jeff-Man
lol frodo and sam are in the background

Sith Master X
Not sure, but that was pretty cool.

§pearhead
i noticed that myself laughing out loud

General Kaliero
And the galaxy in which Star Wars exists is finally revealed... laughing out loud

JKozzy
laughing out loud That's awesome. No, don't know who made it unfortunately erm

Mist
well the trailer will most likely hit kmc on nov 4, and by the time i have mine finished and posted might not be until the week after, so the ep3 trailer hopefully will be cooled off by then.

Mist
i have totally forgotten about this. sorry. i went back to it last night and cut the footage into sections, rather than doing the whole footage at once. it was taking forever to load on my comp. but now its much faster to load and save and so forth.....

ok, ive only got 4 sections left to rotoscope. i wont make promises on the release date cause ill probably have some lazy days... stick out tongue

going good so far.

Jedi Priestess
thnx for the update big grin

Mist
no worries. sorry about the delay.

Spectr4L
Yea, thanx for teh update. I was still looking forward to this...

Mist
i have finally finished everything. audio, video everythings done. ill post it tomorrow. gotta try and compress it though, at the moment its 17mb with uncompressed audio, everytime i try to compress the audio my comp. freezes.

Jedi Priestess
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Mist
ill make a new thread for the footage so you wont have to scroll down every page to find it.

Mist
also, i need somewhere to post it. anyone got any sites i can upload to?

moonwalker741
http://s7.yousendit.com/

Jedi Priestess
Actually Mist we have the option of going to the last page in the thread so here is probably good! Cant wait! smile

Mist
yeah but if people comment on it, this thread will gain pages, so new people wont be able to find it without searching every page.

Mist
also, at yousendit.com what do i put as the recipient email?

JKozzy
It shouldn't matter, just paste, or tell people to PM the link. You can send it to yourself, or to no one.

JKozzy
I can deal with 17 megs, that's not bad. Just upload to www.yousendit.com a few times and repaste the links or distribute them via PM. That should work out fine.

Mist
ok. ill post tomorrow. towards the end, the framerate drops. i think its cause of the recompression. and the only sound files i had where from jedi outcast, so it doesnt really sound that good.

JKozzy
Hey, I thought it sounded pretty good. Much better than I could do; I appreciate the hard work smile

Mist
heres a test its just a pic of a hamburger could you post it so i know you got it? its just so i know if yousendit worked.

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18E281556ECBDCA4FB39876A4C162C15

mtryder
yeah, I got it

JKozzy
It looks really good, too. I'm hungry droolio

*edit* i got it too, forgot to attach, my b.

Jedi Priestess
Oh I thought this was set to DOTF?

Mist
it is set to DoTF but the saber effects are jedi outcast. going now, bye bye. check tomorrow.

mtryder
ahhh, the anticipation. I could cut it with a.... lightsaber. Seems like a pretty safe assumption, unless lightsabers are made of anticipation.

eXSBass
Mist my man (notice the alliteration wink), everyone's waiting. And the Queen of England is waiting to knight you "Sir"...

...only when you post in the duel! stick out tongue

Mist
somethings wrong with yousendit. everytime i try and upload it, it gives me a 'page cannot be displayed'. help?

Mist
:

JKozzy
Heh, nice picture.

Mist
where else can i send it?

JKozzy
Check your PMs.

musashi_sw
PLZ SOME ONE POST A LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kremzike
Mist, I just PMed you a site URl that may help.

Stealth Agent
when i click i cant see it

Mist
yeah my nets slow at loading my pms.

Mist
every file sharing uploading hosting whatever site i go to comes up with 'page cannot be displayed'.

its like they dont want me posting it!!!!

JKozzy
Oh, you'll get it to work smile

Mist
ok, the footage most likely wont be online for about 4-5 hours cause im having trouble uploading from school. if you can hold your anticipation until then, ill be grateful.

Stealth Agent
well i cant hold my anticipation

kremzike
Mist, are you still having trouble? Did you try the place I PMed you with? Haven't heard any update since the "4-5 hours" one on Monday.

The Ones
hours? i think he meant days

vador_2444
it was on scramba's ftp, i don't know if it is still working

Jedi Priestess
whats going on with this? does someone have it?

.:Space Opera:.
yeah ive seen it, its only like five seconds long though.

Count Doodoo
It couldn't be just five seconds...

Where are you, Mist?

Spectr4L
I've lost all my anticipation for this.

The Ones
space opera, i think you mean a different one. is this it? http://s2.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=B49C23CD27F33EDE5E3A0A87EC3CE281

.:Space Opera:.
i dotn know, link unnavailable....

DarthVader
man i want to see this!!!!!! ArgH!! Mist Where r u?!?!?!

Xam
ok yeah i get it!!!!...there is no DUEL!

Stealth Agent
yea i get it to

WHERE THE F**** IS IT

GCG

Mist
i maDE ANOTHER thread called ep3 duel rotoscoped finally! search for it.

jediwilldaddy
umm what are we supposed to be excited about??? its a moving thumbnail.. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.