Electro vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
One has the power to manipulate electricity, the other rocks! who wins?

crazyspinz
thing, no contest

Solidarsenal
Could electro even hurt him? I doubt it

lightaxe
thing can't control rocks

wrathofachilles
Uh, no, you guys do not know Electro very well. He has been massively powered up and can kill Thing by shutting off the electrical impulses in his brain. Electro wins this hands-down.

who?-kid
Yes, Electro can indeed win this fight rather easily. But the writers won't let that happen, so to please the Thing fans, it will be something like this :

Electro : har har, the mighty Thing lies defeated at my feet. Now the world will know me as the villain who killed Ben Grimm.
Thing : it's... not... over yet...
Electro : that's not possible ! It can't be !! Nobody can survive such a huge amount of electricity !!
Thing : nobody... except the Thing... (stands up)... we guys from Yancy street are tougher than you think
Electro : no... such willpower... not possible
Thing : so it's clobbering time !! (smashes Electro and goes for a burger)

But, Electro should win stick out tongue.

wrathofachilles
Lol, FF writers suck.

It would be better if Invisible Woman ran across the page topless and Electro gets distracted and loses control of his power. Hmm...I'm copyrighting that storyline.

Linkalicious
Hulk vs. Electro in Spiderman #19

I'm left to believe Thing could do remarkably similar, perhaps with a fist instead of 2 fingers...

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/4629/DSC00275.th.jpg

wrathofachilles
You didn't read my post did you? Again,

Electro has been MASSIVELY powered-up. He now controls the electrical impulses in his opponent's brain. That comic is more than ten years old, Electro was powered up in Amazing 423 I believe. In Amazing 425 he nearly killed X-Man, who people seem to revere as a god on this board.

Linkalicious
what effect does electricity have on rock?

what effect does a rock hand to electro's face have?

k...

besides...i really just wanted to use my digital camera to take the pic and post it. embarrasment

wrathofachilles
I know Thing isn't particularly brilliant, but his brain is surely not made of rock....have you read Spider-Man since Electro has been re-charged? He can fry virtually anything (the famous release the water from a fire hydrant joke doesn't work anymore), he controls the electrical field around the earth, and he can 'telepathically' shut off the electrical nodes within a person's brain. Thing will collapse from a stroke and would be clinically brain-dead if Electro so desired.

Nice job with the camera though. I want one.

who?-kid
Thing is not Hulk. Hulk is sooo much more durable.

Linkalicious
yes i have read Spider-Man since Electro has been re-charged...

No I have not read a Spider-Man with the re-charged Electro in it.

Indeed he is, but Hulk DID NOT STRUGGLE AT ALL. I see Grim maybe falling to a knee, but by no means would he be on the floor extra crispy.

If Electro is so powerful Wrath...then why is he not a more significant charcter? Why isn't he trying to take over the world and what not?

Complete control over the electric field around the earth....presumably he could kill every living, breathing being on the planet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

doubt it.

wrathofachilles
He can't control the Earth, I mean that he gets his power from the electrical field around the Earth, like Magneto does from the magnetic field. That doesn't mean Magneto is capable of destroying every living thing on Earth. It means his power is virtually limitless because he draws said power from the Earth itself. That's the way the character is written. Check out the mentioned issues and see for yourself. Why he doesn't try to take over the Earth is very simple. Electro is stupid. He always has been. He doesn't think big. In #425 all he wanted to do was blow up a city block to see if he could. Mysterio tells him what to do because he doesn't like thinking for himself. He literally could have killed Spider-Man but all he wanted was for Spider-Man to beg for his life. When Spidey did that, he let him go. Electro is not a Doom character who wants to rule the world. He just wants to be able to do what he wants when he wants. He IS a significant character in so much as he is now one of Spider-Man's top enemies. He's not significant in terms of brilliant scheming.

Cosmo Kramer
I know youl,ll all bite my hed off! But DD beat Electro in DD #2

Evangel94
Thing vs Electricity Part I

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/6836/ff27.jpg

crazyspinz
is that the black panther?

it looks like him, and it looks old, realy old, since then thing has gotten like 15xs stronger

wrathofachilles
Commence biting: Electro has been MASSIVELY powered-up! He is practically on Magneto's level now! He is not even close to the old Electro. Biting ended.

muffin man
the thing hero and insulated

Mainstream
Couldn't Electro....Just float over the Thing and shock him. sooner or later Ben would crumble right?

Maelstrom
I like to think that Thing can withstand the electricity. It doesn't hurt a brick to be shocked. So in a fight with the original electro i think the Thing takes him down.
Sound beat though if he can fry him from the brain out. bunny

Cosmo Kramer
Is this thread still going on? wow!

muffin man
yep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.