Something you would die for?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteEagle
Is there something in your life you would die for? It could be a person, an idea, your country, anything. Just be sure to recognise the finality of death before you answer.

finti
to protect my family especially my daughter.

Storm
Yes, for love.

finti
oh you romantic sod

Storm
*wipes away a tear* stick out tongue

finti
have to say country too, after all I am a part of the standing mobilising military forces of Norway, got drafted into it after I finished my mandatory tour of duty in the armed forces of Norway, since 1990 so it is my 14th year in this force. Have to say it wasnt voluntarily though, I felt i did my shores with my tour of duty 12 months of military service.

Even so the plan here aint to die defending Norway though but to kill the enemy big grin evil face

and storm here is a tissue

Samurai Guy
I cannot think of anything off the top of my head, but I know for certain there are people and things in my life I am willing to sacrafice my life for.

finti
so you could think opf something then

Df02
there are 3 ppl in my life id die for, 2 are family...
im quite a rational person tho, id happily die for the greater good...like if it was my life or 10 other ppl died etc, situations like that

EDIT: obviously wouldnt "happily" die lol, but id understand why i had to confused

Samurai Guy
I meant spacifically.

Turbo-Cajun
umm, I would be willing to die for my family or for a hypothetical girlfriend or hypothetical kids of mine from the future... Im sure that there are many other things I would be willing to die for.

Here is an interesting thing though... does mean that if you'd be willing to die for something, does that mean you would be willing to kill for something? For me the answer is yes... wondering if you guys would agree or disagree with that.

WindDancer
Only ppl worth dying for is my love ones. Screw the country or the rest of humanity. Bloodline comes first.

Clovie
voted yes.
but i have no idea how would i act in a real life situation confused

Linkalicious
yah, there's someone who's worth dying for. She knows who she is...

finti
protecting your country could be the best way to protect your bloodline

WindDancer
I don't think so the country might want to recruit my bloodline and send to fight some stupid war. Family should always come first and country last.

finti
you protect your country on home turf not foreign soil. Thats why the name for the combined armed forces of Norway is DEFENCE. I agree I wouldnt participated in a war fought away from my home, but I rise arms if we were to be attaced. After all that is my task as a member of the standing mobilising forces of Norway or Home Guard as we call it. All of us that are drafted the Home Guard are persons who has done their mandatory military service to the country, so it is a well trained force not a raggle taggled local militia of gun happy rednecks as the name might indicate.
And we would go to extreme lengths to protect our kins and the freedom of democrasy we have here

WindDancer
When you join some type of armed forces to protect your nation you not only defending your own interests but also the interest of others. Unfortunally the interests of others outweight a person's own interests. Which means whether you like it or not...you'll have to serve in some political driven war. Now, I myself had to registrate to the Selective service when I became 18. Wasn't my choice because is the law. Not that I'm complaining but when I look at the big picture not only am I fighting to keep my family protected but also someone else's family as well (which ruins it for me since I only care for my own).

Back in the good ol' days of tribal clans you look out for one another. Nowadays with these world nations democracy the whole idea of protecting your own land has been wiped out. So the only choice I got left is to shut up...sit down....and wait for some stupid call from Uncle Sam. Commanding me to report for duty because some swastika decorated Dictator in some overseas nation is committing a holocaust to his own people. Not my fault those ppl in that country pick the guy to ruled them, but now I gotta go there and help them? Nah! Not for me.

WhiteEagle
Would you die to protect one of your parents? I thought about it and I don't think I would. Sounds very cold hearted but think about it. If I were to have a child there is no way in hell I'd want them to sacrifice themselves to save my life. I'd be far happier to die knowing that they still had their whole life ahead of them. Maybe I'm wrong...

vaya_the_elf
To save a life of someone, or to save animals

Nazgulinthedark
id die for my beliefs and a select group of family and friends

Syren
I'd die for my direct family.

I do agree with WhiteEagle, with regard to your parents not wanting you to sacrifice yourself for them, but in a real life situation do you honestly think there's be a hesitant moment where you decide? Either it comes naturally to protect the ones you love or it doesn't. I know I don't value my life over the lives of those who created me, I owe it to them.

m!$hA
i would die for my mum and my sister and my dog.
im sure theres others, but theyre the main three that id die for, without question or a second thought.

m!$hA
in fact, i would probably die for many things. even things i dont really love as much as those three mentioned above - thats the kind of person i am ... i couldnt live with myself knowing that i couldve saved someone but i didnt. im not 100% sure on this, id never be 100% sure, until i was in the sttuation, but i'd probably for a complete stranger.

Be@st
I'd die for freedom...that may sound weird but I'd rather die than to become a prisoner or a slave

Syren
It's good that you haven't cemented your decisions before you have the opportunity to know for real. In this case I sincerely hope you never have that opportuinity, but you're right, how the hell can you know how you'd react if it hasn't happened?

Syren
Yeah, most people said the same thing when it was asked whether you'd spend the rest of your life in prison or die.

m!$hA
ill put it this way:
im pretty sure i would die for many, many things.

but the only things im 100% sure i'd die for are my mum, my sister and my dog.

Imperial_Samura
Interesting, although in literature many authors, poets etc have said that everyone has a point, a line, where they will act. I myself have always been taken by the concept of noble death (the Emperor defending the walls from the enemies hoards say), and I feel certain that I would be prepared to die for my family, and a small number of other very significant people, but then, thats just thinking about it, I mean, I would most probably jump in front of a truck to push someone out of the way, as it seems like something I would do. And yes, if I had a cause I believed in enough.

m!$hA
thats what im saying, basically stick out tongue

Imperial_Samura
I know, I probably should have just said I agree, I do waffle on sometimes. wink

WhiteEagle
Yep, true. I can say that while I'm sitting here, but I can't say with any certainty what I would do in a split second decision. Either you die and you're parents have to live with burying their child or they die and you have to live with not saving them. It's a no win situation. Although I think in the end it would be the one/ones who are left alive who would suffer the most.

"Sometimes we must envy the dead."
-Triage, by Scott Anderson

Syren
Yeah, I can't disagree with that. I'd like to think that I could hold back from protecting my parents, if it was their wish of course, but I am almost 100% sure that I would defend my mom and dad if it killed me. Literally.

((The_Anomaly))
id be willing to die to get Mr. Bush outta office, i mean i give my life to save the lives of all the people he has, and is going to kill...lol

HockeyHorror
my family and thats ALL

Syren
What, not even me? cry

Lord Soth
My family, and my true friends

I'm not sure if I'd die for my beliefs yet, they haven't been tested to that extent yet

Syren
True friends? I'd love to be able to segregate my true from my not so, but I have no idea who I'd take that bullet for out of my buddies. I gues it'll have to happen for me to know. It's cool that you know yourself this well though yes

HockeyHorror
how could i have forgotten about the queen wink

WhiteEagle
I've always liked the idea of an honourable death when the time comes too. Getting hit by a bus or something like that seems like a lame way to end any life. Fighting to the last breath for something noble in the face of overwhelming odds is a much better way to go. wink

Syren
Croc' Tears, gets 'em every time stick out tongue

HockeyHorror
http://prowrestlingtalks.shockonline.com/html/avatars/attentionwhore.gif

wink

Syren
For me?? blushing

You shouldn't have.......

HockeyHorror
wink anything for you

eleveninches
My nephew (to protect him)

Silver Stardust
Those I love.

The Omega

Jackie Malfoy
Good question!I think I would die for my friends and if I was in the army it would be for my country!JM

pr1983
of course my gf, id go to hell and back and all that...

also in a war like ww2(if something similar came about), but i'd take as many as the enemy with me...

jade2008
my animals, why wont nebody die for something other than humans?

.::Levi@than::.
I'd die for my family

frodo34x
I must say, it really is too easy to say yes. I would die if I knew it grant me entry into heaven.

Dazzler619
I would die to look better

eleveninches
i'd die for immortallity

Guinha
I would die for Opera

FeceMan
I would die for my ideals and beliefs.

jango fatt
Save animals.You would die for an animal?

jango fatt
yeah, it's all easilly said.But when it really happens, i would like to see what you'd do then. cool

Black Dragon
For materialistic things...no, there is nothing worth dying for.

For my familly, my best friends, and for my true beliefs, I would.

Scarpa
Any of my family members and anyone that I love.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.