Pulp Fiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lost851
dude, i just recently saw this movie. i thought it was gross, disgusting, a tad too much swearing and one of the best movies i have EVER seen!

omg! i loved it!

although all the scenes are like out of order and all of that confusing stuff, i still thought it was briliant.

the gimp though...omg...that scene was freaking weird! he shoots the guys in the balls! god, that must hurt. *ugh*

anywhos...i'm new btw...so yeah...BLAH! Happy Dance

Arahael
Ok, so the reason the scenes are out of order is because Tarantino wanted to shoot this film like a book is written, get it? Yeah, this movie is probably one of the greatest movies ever made.

Yassin
What took you so long???

BadKitty
yeah I was wondering the same thing...have you seen reservoir dogs yet? if you liked pulp you'll like RD I think

eggmayo
i have seen pulp, its one of my favourite movies ever. reservoir dogs i started watching, but got a little bored of

BadKitty
I know for my self I like reservoir dogs more than pulp fiction...well maybe just as much.I watch RD more often though

WindDancer
Glad you like it! happy
The scenes might look confusing but near the ending everything connects. That's what makes QT movies so interesting.

Darth Sauron
you got bored of RD ?

You got...bored... of RD?

Explain how this is possible please

deadly_force
^i was thinking the same thing

eggmayo
well basically, the copy i was watching was a poor quality pirate, so i couldnt make out many of the lines

Myth
Then find a good copy. big grin

eggmayo
im gonna buy a tarantino boxset from play.com...
15 quid (21-23 dollars) and it has resrvoir dogs pulp fiction and jackie brown

Cowboyography
As a die hard QT fan iI love both RD and PF however Pulp Fiction is the far better movie IMHO.

xxOblivionxx
was anyone as blown away by that as i was i mean it was just so random! I mean what did that add to the story Tarintino is a sick puppy lol lol but kill bill was the best

Myth
It added something to make a truce possible between Marcelus and Butch. Plus Pulp Fiction was all a bunch of randomness (ie: Vincent randomly blew off the guys head in the car). I liked Pulp a tad more than Kill Bill.

xxOblivionxx
Ya but the random head blowing off thing added comic relief the butt rapeing could have been many diffrent things they could have just been tortured i mean why did they instantly go to a butt humping??? All in all i liked the movie but that was kinda... weird

BadKitty
I think QT likes to give us a punch in the arm now and then in his movies. that hillbilly boy scene(pf),the chopping off the ear(rd) and buck likes to f***(kb) were all totally random and unnecessary but gave the audience the "oh my god "kind of momentary freak out that helps make the movies so unforgettable

eggmayo
^ yeah... but also, the truce made marsellus not have to kill butch. 'you leave town tonight and never come back' he wants to forget that it ever happened.

eggmayo
i dont think it is really possible to improve on pulp fiction. the movie kicks ass really really hard with steel toe caps.

Unholy_Cheese
Pulp is my fave
I havnt got around seeing jackie brown yet. I heard it was abit crappy erm

Unholy_Cheese
And it would suck for butch to walk into there with a samurai sword to see them playing cards

eggmayo
but that would be more random!

roundisfunny
It gives the scene that much more poignancy, too; Marcellus was going to kill Butch anyway, and now he has another reason: Butch is the only witness to the rape, which shames Marcellus. Yet, Marcellus has enough honor (it's all about the honor) to let Butch off in spite of it all, since Butch saved his life.

tabby999
the problem with Jackie Brown is (i think) if you go into it exspecting an action movie or a movie with lots of gnarly visual stuff, you wont like it, but the dialouge is snappy and while i thought it dragged a bit at the end, its still and good movie. dependson the person. its like RD, if you watch it when your tired, all the talking'll send you to sleep

deadly_force
snap im buying that big grin

eggmayo
play.com rocks.

deadly_force
to right i buy all my dvds from there

WindDancer
For me the scene was to show how disturbing and demented the lesser characters were. Unlike Marcellus and Butch (who are thieves to a certain point) are not as bad as compare to the gimp and Zed. I think QT makes a perfect line between bad guys and really sick bad guys. The Evilness of certain characters can out balance those that suppose to be bad.

Myth
Kind of like how he shows the good side of Bill and Budd.

eggmayo
ive got a list of about 10 that im gonna buy

deadly_force
awsome there not much im gonna buy this year cause ive seen almost every movie before it came out cuse my mate downloaded them very naughty i know but hey never mind

eggmayo
nah, most recent movies suck anyway. not that im saying anything, but kazaa and 1 mb broadband are a good combination.

Havoc470
i think it was pretty obvious what was gonna happen before the ass raping was gonna begin, i mean the pawn shop owner pulled out the shotgun and caleld a cop, but the pawn shop owner seemed like some incest sicko hick, and when they brought marcellus and butch down to the basement i knew something was going on

WindDancer
No Myth I don't think Bill and Budd has a good side at all. Bill has a romantic side, but loses it when he sees Beatrix married another guy. Budd has a greedy side which in the end causes him his life.

Zed and Gimp are more like twisted demented bad guys. By that I mean down to earth sick perverts. Whereas Butch and Marcellus are just simply bad guys not sick bad guys. That's were I see a thin line between bad guys and sicker bad guys.

Havoc470
good point, i did'nt see butch as a bad guy though, just a man in a really tight spot....he didn't mean to kill the boxer he was against, he just doesnt wanna take a dive

Mr Zero
I hate that butt humping scene - I missed the rest of the movie because of my reaction to it.

Imagine getting thrown out of a cinema just for jerking off - it's so unfair.

BadKitty
laughing out loud That's the remarkable thing about life. No matter how bad it gets it can always get worse

Lord Shadow Z
I think that scene worked in the film because again it is random and warped and you want Marcellus to be saved and any man, no matter what grievance Butch had with him, would save him in that situation.
Plus I think after killing the boxer and Vega he was getting a bit bloodthirsty so that might have been another reason because you can't really expect Butch to believe that Marcellus, once free and armed, would want anyone to know about what happened.

eggmayo
i would basically say that butch was such a good guy that he decided to rescue him no matter what

Darth Sauron
the scene rocked, you (we) all thought marcellius was being tortured, the door opens, and.... sick

The most disgusting scene in pulp fiction, when we see bruce willis nakes, when his towel slips sick

Cowboyography
disturbing yes, but you wont forget about it, and thats what QT wanted smile

DirectorFitz
The shop owner and the cop were friends who tortured ppl of other races, I think. Either that, or they were both homosexual and they were into S&M (IE: The Gimp)

eggmayo
s&m is sado-masochism, which means you either like hurting people or being hurt yourself.

i think you might be thinking of the bd bit of bdsm, which is bondage and domination.

Synaptic
The cop was gay, so was the shop owner.

Synaptic
Plus the gimp, who else would keep a gimp in a wooden box in their basement? Well....Besides Michael Jackson.

eggmayo
I think the gimp was kinda of an extreme form of domination... he seemed happy in there... I mean, he was yelling for them when Butch was escaping, so maybe he was on their side.

Evil Dead
what did the gimp do?

are you sure you don't mean Maynard and Zed?

eggmayo
Really, the gimp must have been bad, because as Butch was trying to escape, he yelled out for Zed and the shop owner guy.

T.M
i dont care about this one scene because even though it was sick the movie is one of the best films ever so i just dont care. plus it makes people remember the film.

eggmayo
the movie wouldnt be as memerable without it

T.M
^ thats my point smile lol

Deathblow
Anyone who thinks that scene was 'random' is totally wrong. Nothing in that movie is random, everything happens for a reason and effects another part of the story. That's why it's such a great movie.

The only thing that bothers me about that scene (apart from the obvious) is that throughout the whole movie, Quentin makes a point of showing complete racial, gender and social equality. None of the killings or feuds are based on anything other than betrayal, vengeance or self-defence. However, in the rape scene, he is portraying the two sickest, cruelest characters in the movie, Maynard and Zed, as typical weirdo outcast 'hillbillies'. That's more than a little stereotypical.

WindDancer
As it was mention earlier he tried to warn Maynard and Zed that Butch was breaking free. Who really knows if the Gimp was next inline for the banging? Maybe Butch could have become the gimp's fun time. Luckily, Butch got free.

Evil Dead
I did not percieve the movie in that way.........

you know what a gimp is right? somebody with a handicap.......

Maynard and Zed keep this retarded guy locked up down in the basement to use for their own sick sexual desires. He is not "one of them".......he is their victim..............which is demonstrated by them having him locked up in the first place, and even when they leave him to watch Butch they keep him chained up so he can't get away.

eggmayo
Who says hes retarded? Who says he doesn't like being locked up?
There are some **WEIRD** forms of BDSM that involve complete and total domination, maybe that is a severe form of it.

WindDancer
I also percieved that scene differently . In reality we don't know for sure if he is a victim or not. Sure he gets lock up and chained.....and maybe he does like all that stuff. As for them leaving the gimp chain while they go do their banging could also be an act of caution. Butch was all tied up and with the Gimp not being chained....who knows? Maybe the gimp would sexually attack Butch. Kinda disturbing when you think about it.

eggmayo
Or, maybe the gimp would try to escape... we just dont know.

WindDancer
Either way he was chained for a reason. We just don't really know.

Darth_Nefarus
Marcellus was getting f*cked in the *ass and of all people, Butch came to his aid. This showed that although they were now enemies, they definately still respected one another and Butch couldn't allow that to happen to Marcelllus. Marcellus in a sense thanks him by letting him leave town. It's just a really twisted way of settling a difference.

eggmayo
^ Adding to that, I also think Butch is too good a guy to let whatever is happening in the room happen. He would be torn apart by guilt for the rest of his life.

T.M
i just watched pulp fiction because i had the tarintino box set (pulp, dogs and jackie brown) i forgot how awesome it was

lucasfilm
yeah... pulp fcition is prolly the best film ever made... and the best QT movie at least

prettyinpink23
lovelovelovePulp Fiction- One of the best movies ever!lovelovelove

T.M
^ yes

ironmovies
Pulp Fiction is A GOD given fing that shouyld b put on shrine alongside all his other fings

Satanic Yakuza
Jackie Brown is excellent and well-crafted. It doesn't get annoying like most of his other films do upon repeated viewing. Don't see it stoned, though, or you'll fall asleep.

eggmayo
15 quid on play.com, right?

Atomic Rico
Pulp is frekin awesome-sam jackson is god

SlipknoT
Ok, I just saw this movie for the first time and All I can Say is that It was simply Amazing, God I love This movie, everything about it is great.

GreenFist
best part when they were dancing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.