In What Order To Read

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PAddams
I was given in 1963 the Narnian Chronicles boxed set, as it was published in England. The books were in this order - Lion, Witch, Wardrobe; Prince Caspian; Voyage; Silver Chair; Magicians Nephew; Horse & His Boy; The Last Battle

I am reading these books to my daughter who is about the same age I was when I read them.

While in Border's last night we saw a couple newly published editions of the Narnian Chronicles, but presented in different order.

Magician's Nephew was first - not sure what's next - but the last three were Prince Caspian, Silver Chair and Last Battle

So who revised the order? Does it matter? Are they chronological or re arranged by publishing date.

Thanks

big gay kirk
if you want to read them in (Narnian) Chronological order....

magicians nephew (which deals with the creation of Narnia) The Lion, The Witch, and The wardrobe, the Horse and His boy (which takes place just before the end of the last chapter of Lion...) prince Caspian, Voyage of the Dawn Treader (which of course deals with what caspian does as King) The Silver Chair (Caspian is an old man..) and finally the last Battle (which is about the end of narnia..) In reading order it is best to start with Lion, simply because by starting with magician the surprise at the wardrobe is dissipated.... better to read magicians nephew after Lion, but before Battle.... if I remember correctly, your 63 edition has them arranged in the order they were published, but who arranged the new borders one you mention obviously hasn't got a clue.... for instance, if prince Caspian comes after Voyage, well, thats like reading The Two Towers then going onto Fellowship of the Ring....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.