Status Quo!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

big gay kirk
The only band to my knowledge to have remained active and had top forty hits in every decade since the sixties... From the original line-up to todays... with such excellent crowd pleasers as Down Down, Caroline, Whatever You Want and Rockin all over the World... great albums like Dog of Two Head, Ma kelly's Greasy Spoon, Blue for You and Quo... Country blues like Down the Dustpipe, Blues like In My Chair, psychedelia like Ice in the Sun and Pictures of Matchstick Men....

STATUS QUO!!! WE SALUTE YOU!!!!! rock

amity75
Not really my cup of tea musically but they have to be respected. They're in it for a total love of what they do, even after all these years and Parfitt and Rossi are really funny guys.

big gay kirk
And I once bought Ice Cream from Francis Rossi, when he worked on his dad's ice cream van....

finti
what top 40 hit did they have in the 90`s and this decade

big gay kirk
Anniversary Waltz.....

big gay kirk
Plus they're rarely out of the charts worldwide...

finti
neither are Smokie, doesnt make them great though

big gay kirk
I agree about Smokie... but lets be honest here.... we conducted a bit of a survey at an International Scout Camp... we asked 1500 people to identify five songs, and the artists that performed them... all participants being aged between 11 and 18.... over 1200 identified "whatever you Want" as being by Status QUo, whereas only 300 odd knew "hard Days Night" or that it was by the Beatles... even fewer (about 200) recognised Earth Song by Michael jackson... just goes to show.....

finti
should have played Smoke On The Water with Purple, or Yellow Submarine by Beatles.

To me SQ have one song I really bother listen to and that is Living On An Island, the rest is to me BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

big gay kirk
Status Quo only ever had one song, period....but it was a good one... however, "In the Army Now" was a bit poor... but then Rick did have to learn two more chords to play it....

finti
thats what I said.....Living on an Island the rest is utterly boring crap

Mr Zero
"down the dustpipe" - an actual R&B song (of a sort...).

The Quo. I dont dig them, but you gotta respect them. I was reading the @behind the scenes @ at live aid article in the paper this w/e - all the other acts talked about the spirit of the thing and how noble it was. The Quo just fessed up about how many drugs everyone took...

They were the perfect act to open live aid - and im sure they will win a few new fans (5 or 6 at least) when they release Live Aid on DVD next moth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.