ultimate wolverine versus regular wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lightaxe
who would win? Im thinking ultimate wolverine not sure why but i just think hed win.

Paola
what's the difference between Ultimate Wolverine and the regular one?

Solidarsenal
The regular one has curly chest hair and the Ultimate one can read and write in french

uQifg2WV
wow that makes it hard to decide, he could speak to him in french til hes dead, because french is ultimate wolverines only weakness

Solidarsenal
Yeah but regular Wolverine has curly chest hair and that might rub ultimate wolverine the wrong way

uQifg2WV
damn i hate you. your responding with perfect responses

Tron
Mainstream Logan takes it. He's more experienced than Ultimate Wolverine, and more well rounded.

Evangel94
Don't forget, Regular mainstream Wolverine took a nuclear explosion and survived.

Tron
Ah hell, I just got that out of my head toono expression

Thumbs up to whoever's curremtly writing Venom thumb up

Tron
Oh, and wolverine8888, I know you're gonna read this, about the whole nuke thing, do you actually know what a nuke near ground zero does to people? The nuke dissintegrates people almost instantly, leaving nothing but their shadows burned in the ground. Now, I don't unterestimate Wolverine's healing factor, I know what it's capable of (or what 's suppose to be capable of), but it seems you're overestimating it. You can't really argue that his healing factor can keep up with a nuclear blast that'll dissintegrate everything but his adamantium bones. Everyone knows he should've been hanging from a science classroom after that blast, I don't even see how the writer got away with it. Now, he could survive the radiation, his healing would just be on overtime. And, he probably could've survived of he was much further away, but as close as he was, that should've been his last appearance.

Anyways, Mainstream Logan takes it. Wizard actually did a mainstream/ultimate X-Men match-up about a year or so back, and in the end they have mainstream Logan walking back towards the winning team (mainstream) with Ultimate Wolverine's adamantium remains. Funny shit, lol.

Evangel94
Funny how wolverine's pants survived the explosion

Tron
Damn, I didn't even think about thatlaughing out loud

God that was f*ckin retarded. It's official; that writer and artist should be shot.

Nataku8188
Wolverine's powers have become progressivly more powerful since the good ole days. I remember back when he just healed FASTER then people, instead of almost instant (in comparison)

lightaxe
hmm ok this was a stupid question looking back on it, but when and why did wolverine get hit with a nuke? thanks.

Arachnoidfreak
Wolverine was blasted with a nuke in the Venom tsunami line, in the "Run" storyarc. I don't remember why he was nuked.

The most retarded thing ever.

Maestro
Yea the writer was daniel way, I can't look at Venom comics the same after reading that.

lightaxe
lol wow that sounds really stupid, why would wolverine even be in a venom story to get blown up. He got blasted by a sentinal in days of future past and didnt survive yet a nuke didnt kill him. *rollseyes*

Tron
I don't know why he wsa there, I think he just happened to be at ground zero at the time. Then after that, the Venom symbiote takes him over for an issue.

srankmissingnin
A while ago I would have said Classic Wolverine with ease but now I'm not so sure. Ultimate Wolverine was crushed under a car and he casually pushed it aside with on arm and Gambit charged his staff in Wolverine's mouth and the blast only put him down for a minute tops.

Yeah that nuke seen was beyond stupied but Pro. X has files that say the ONLY way to kill Wolverine is to remove his head and get it the hell away from his body before it re-attaches.

Havoc470
they never explained how long wolverine was down for, it was in-between comics

reg wolverine has been sandwiched between two speeding cars, and needed a good amount of time to heal, while a car landing on him did nothing to him at all

i think reg wolvie takes this one, after all he has more experience (at least from what we've been told of the two so far)

but this is basically like wolvie versus sabretooth since they both have healing factors

i'd happily kill daniel way for ruining good things

pr1983
ultimate wolverine is pretty resistant, in one issue he was run over by a truck and his body was ripped to bits, that said, original wolvie has the whole feral thing, i'd give it to regular wolvie, as long as he doesnt have the bone claws, or else he's f*cked.

Irish Wolverine
Regular Wolverine might not have more experience, we don't yet know how old Ultimate Wolverine is.

Havoc470
i dont mean experience before he was in xmen, i mean experience since he joined the xmen

Tron
I think Utimate Wolverine is meant to be younger, I know I heard it in Wizard at one point, but I'll have to look into it at the beginning of the year. And, Ultimate Wolverine is made to look MUCH younger, so that might say something there.

jinzin
Ultimate Wolverine's got the reach (standing at over six feet) but like it was said earlier regular has "the feral thing goin on". I'de say if regular wolverine was as pissed as he was when he pooped his claw through sabertooths noggin than it would go to him, otherwise I'de say Ultimate wolverine's got his number, In the comic's Ultimate wolverine has shown himself to be an incredibly lethal killer that IMO surpasses regular in refined skill, (although mainstream wolvies gotten very sloppy over the years) but than again Ultimate wolverine got taken out of a fight after gettin hit with a few rounds of automatic gunfire, mainstream Wolvie took much more punishment than that without even slowing down.
U wolverine vs. wolverine =Ultimate wolverine victorious
U wolverine vs. Pissed of cajun= Ultimate wolverine fillet

Havoc470
ultimate wolverine is nothing near regular wolverines lethal killing ability, reg wolvie has taken out a barrage of the best trained ninjas countless times since he joined the xmen, that cant be said about ultimate wolvie

you should read the enemy of the state story arc for reg wolvie, then tell me he's gotten sloppy over the years...alot of writers just like making him a hot-headed character although experienced writers would definitely know what wolvies character is actually like

i think reg wolvie definitely takes this one

jinzin
Hey dude if we were talking about the fallen samurai version of Wolverine, I'de say him (no question) but regular wolverine has gotten sloppy over the years, and I am reading enemy of the state man, (he should be nothing than a pure badass since this is supposed to be the pinicle wolverine storyline this year) but on average, wolvies gotten sloopy.

Havoc470
i dont think so, you cant say something like that about a comic book character, he's only sloppy because the writers want him that way, they prefer to show him as the hot-headed character that makes bad mistakes but ends up fixing them, he was like that at the start, but if you consider wolverines history (xmen history, samurai history, origins history, and weaponx history) you cant consider him going back to the hot-headed rookie-like character

fallen samurai version of wolvie is still the recent wolvie, the same one in the claremont/miller mini-series, the same one that lost the claws, i noticed people speak of wolverine like he's different types of characters as if all his stories are of different universes, but they arent (very few that we've seen are) he's an on-going character, the one that first appeared fighting the hulk is the same one thats recently appeared in enemy of the state and everything in-between (except AoA and maybe very few other exceptions)

he's not a pure badass??? you mean taking on the fantastic four, escaping from s.h.i.e.l.d and still having to fight a majority of the marvel universe isnt badass

jinzin
no that's not what I meant. I meant that if he's going to do all those things, he should be (is) a badass. I'm not saying he's a different character, I'm just saying he's a bit out of practice, the last time I saw him doing martial arts training was back in issue 125 (so long ago) and yes he can get "rusty" that's all I was sayin.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine shows of some martial arts skills in the recent Uncanny X-men books that had Weapon-23 in them; can't remember the exact number.

I'd say the only advantage (other then reach) that Ultimate Wolverine has is strength. He is clearly stronger then regular Wolverine.

Havoc470
yeah thats very true, but you cant consider the character sloppy because of how writers describe him, i've seen writers completely forget about his enhanced senses and do things to him that would never happen, or him not knowing things about characters he's had experience with before in the same comic title

how is ultimate wolvie stronger than regular wolvie?

yeah wolvie used martial arts against x-23 in uncanny xmen #451 i think

Tron
Ummm, Gambit's a Cajun, Wolverine's a Canuck.no expression

Just thought you should know.

jinzin
Wolverine is referred to as a cajun by japanese hundreds of times..just thought you should know. btw (I should know, I'm a huge wolvie fan,,,,although, I may be misspelling that)

Havoc470
its not cajun, its canuck, as in a person from canada

eleveninches
Regular wolvie seems just far more experienced than ultimate version.
Same thing with ultimate and regular spiderman.
The ultimate versions are nowhere near as experienced as the regular versions

Tron
Well, just cause they're making the mistake, doesn't mean you have to. Trust me, he's a canuck, as in from Canada. A Cajun is from Louisiana, and I know cause I live around plenty. So, when someone calls Wolverine a Cajun, please correct them, cause they are very, very wrong.

And old school Logan wins, in my opinion.

jinzin
Okay I'm well well well well (I can't stress well enough) aware of Wolverine's past and history so it's not as if your giving me a lesson on one of my favorite comic book characters, but in the comics I really remember japenese people refer to him as a cajun, (or something close to it anyways.) This week when I go home for break I'll really try to find and post an example of what I'm talking about, like I said I might be misspelling it, but I always thought it was weird that they call him that.

Havoc470
in a comic some japs called him charlie (its a funny thing to say to americans over there...although wolvies canadian, but still)

or maybe it was just a typo

Nathaniel Grey
They called him Gaijin in Japan which loosely means foreigner in a derogatory manner. Not Cajun. no expression

Havoc470
ohhhh, thats what he was talkin about, thanks for clearing that up nathan

Nathaniel Grey
No prob. And for the record -- nothing beats the original Wolverine. Nothing. Not even that Ultimate Hugh Jacka$$ ripoff.

jinzin
Thank you kindly nathan, I just couldn't remember how to spell the damn thing. What's wrong with hugh jackman? I thought he made a decent Wolverine. I mean he's not exactly like the comics but who would be? short of cloning clint eastwood in his 20's shrinking him down, buffin him up, and gluing some chops on his face that is.....man that would be awesome.

jinzin
Oh yeah havoc earlier you said that people speak of wolverine like he's been different people over the years and that he's the same person today that he was when he first appeared. I just thought this was kinda funny cause technically he's not. In x-men annual 11 the original body dies and a single drop of his blood regenerates the rest of him (so it's kinda like he got cloned) (I guess that means he is the same but you understand what I'm saying right?) anyways, I just thought that was a bit of a comical loophole to that statement.
but to be back on topic to regular wolvie!

jinzin
oh yeah wolverine's a zombie too now (technically) not exactly the guy he was.

Nathaniel Grey
Personally I thought Fred Ward ( Tremors ) would have been an excellent Wolverine. Well, in his prime he would have. He's gritty, Canadian, under 6 foot and knows martial arts. Were he younger the man would've made an excellent Logan. Hugh Jackman was just too -- pretty for the role of Wolverine. In the first comics with Wolverine he was never depicted as a handsome man. Jackman was choosen because he generated " sex " appeal from the female audience. Wolverine relied on his animal magnetism not his looks.

jinzin
still I tought he was decent. and that guy from tremors? I recall him in a movie learning kung fu from a guy that wasn't even asian but makeuped to look like one. funny stuff, he doesn't resemble Wolvie in the least imo though but I still say clint would've done the character some justice.

Havoc470
yeah i remember that, he gets all his memory back also, so he just basically went through a humungus healing phase, 616 wolverine is the same person who fought ninja's in '82, or fell in love with mariko in '79 and watched her die in '92, which logan talks about in mk wolverine#20

wolverine isnt a zombie (he cant be when he has a healing factor) he was "murdered" by the gorgon and was injected with all this technology to work for hydra

Havoc470
danzig wouldve been the perfect wolvie imo

lightaxe
Its not cajun, thats gajin....

EDIT: oops sorry, I didnt notice Nathan had cleared up the mistake, I hadn't read his post yet.

jinzin
He's a zombie in the sense that he died and got up and started walkng around again. it's all just a matter of perception.

Havoc470
he technically dies all the time and gets up and walks again

srankmissingnin
Why was Wolverine even slowed down when the Gorgon stabbed him the stomach? Wolverine has been stabbed through the throat when fighting Silver Samurai (right after get stabbed through the stomach) with out showing the even the faintest sign of slowing down.

Havoc470
wolvie didnt expect it, he was gonna kill that japanese fat dude, but was surprised at how fast and silent gorgon attacked and im guessing gorgon has some sort of telepathic ability also, he answered wolverines thoughts, i guess gorgon also cant be smelled, but then again the stench of rotting corpse is all around wolvie after fighting those dead ninja's so that could be a factor, as to why he was a little fraked and waiting so long to heal, i dont know, i guess its just to let the plot progress (although we dont really know entirely how gorgon killed wolvie, he does have the power to kill anyone who looks into his eyes)

Havoc470
im guessing he went through wolverine spinal chord also, wolverine thinks "impossible....blade clean through?" which could obviously happen if you get stabbed in the stomach, but not if it goes through a spine laced (to a molecular level) with adamantium

jinzin
yeah I thought that two, but gorgon could have hit some vital area in wolverine's body either an organ, or some nerve point (like shingen was bashing when they fought) but I guess we'll see.

Havoc470
yeah thats true, he is a master ninja so it isnt impossible, i hope its one of those things where mark millar shows you how it all happened in detail later on

Jesse7
I don't think I have ever seen ultimate wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.