Daredevil 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Ben Affleck on a Possible Daredevil Sequel
Source: IESB.net
October 15, 2004

IESB.net tells us they caught up with Ben Affleck and asked him if he would be interested in a Daredevil sequel. Here's a clip:

Ben would consider going back to Daredevil just as long as Fox would negotiate to tell some of the darker storylines. He would like to see a big screen adaptation of Kevin's graphic novel that included "Mysterio" or maybe even "Born Again". He believes that these story lines might me a bit obscure for 20th Century Fox and may require some negotiations.

Follow the link where you can see actual video of the interview. http://www.iesb.net/movies2/movie101504.htm

TheFilmProphet
http://www.movie-source.com/stills/312_1.jpg

MornGlory
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not another Daredevil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Affleck can't act rip1sick

shit

tomato

TheFilmProphet
Yes I agree but with the terrible Elektra movie coming soon they might as well finsih these horrible franchises once and for all. Then maybe in 10 years they can remake Daredevil! eek!

TheFilmProphet
http://www.greghornjudge.com/images/Large/4%20Magazine%20art/Daredevil_and_Elektra.jpg

Elektra_lover
*slaps* Elektra will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't to excited till i saw the behind the scenes it looks really good

TheFilmProphet
Yeah but I just thought that there was literally tons of people who could have played a better Elektra than Garner.

Elektra_lover
jawdrop Garner is amazing! what didn't you like?

Solidarsenal
I agree she is hot as heck but she doesn't look like elektra

Paola
bash discuss Daredevil 2 and leave Elektra out of this

TheFilmProphet
What do you mean? Elektra was part of the Daredevil movies the last time I checked.

Paola
really?!?!?! I DIDN'T know

ok.... I'll say it again:

discuss Daredevil 2 and leave Elektra (THE MOVIE) out of this

TheFilmProphet
Oh ok I thought you meant the character. Anyway we can still discuss the character since she might be in Daredevil 2 evil face

Darth Jello
as hated as i will be for saying this, I want to see colin Farrel in THE SUIT

Paola
imo, Colin was the BEST of DareDevil

Red Superfly
Problem with Daredevil (the movie): They kept exploiting his weaknesses (which were over-exaggerated to say the least) rather than what his power would achieve.

Daredevil didn't need water/rain to see, either.

Bullseye was great but when he started climbing up the church organ it looked like a poor mans matrix.

And WTF are they thinking having Daredevil screw up because of an explosion?

He's really weak against the bad guys, but for reason, is able to fall 50 feet, land on a support strut, and NOT break every bone in his body.

They got his "essense" all wrong. They tried to make him mimic Spider-Man when in actual fact, he's more like Batman, or Nightwing.

It made Daredevil look like the worst superhero ever.

OB1-adobe
OLD NEWS ROCKS!!!!!! rock

Darth Jello
let's wait for the director's cut to come out next month.

TheFilmProphet
I don't want to be reminded of Ben Affleck as Daredevil anymore sad

I agree

Darth Jello
a guy who hated the movie gave the director's cut a 7/10 at comics2film

TheFilmProphet
Maybe he was blind too stick out tongue

pr1983
only if there is no affleck, then id be really excited to see it, or maybe make him take acting classes

TheFilmProphet
I think the only way I would be excited to see it is if the movie was a remake.

Not even acting classes can make him a good Daredevil lol.

pr1983
i always loved daredevil, hes one of my favourite characters, i wish theyd do him justice, just sack affleck and keep farrell, then u've already improved on the last movie

TheFilmProphet
Yeah he is one of my favorites too. It seems to be turning into a trend now to ruin comic book movies.

pr1983
laughing out loud

crybaby lets hope the trend doesnt continue

TheFilmProphet
With movies like Catwoman, Daredevil, and FF.

Then upcoming films like Supergirl and Ghostrider (Directed by Daredevil director) I have little hope left. sad

pr1983
still, iron man, batman, x3'll be alright, chin up proph

TheFilmProphet
Maybe X3 and Batman but I'm not too sure about Iron Man yet. wink

pr1983
maybe, but they have so many movies in the pipeline some of them are bound to be good

TheFilmProphet
Yeah and one of the movies I'm really waiting for is Spider-Man 3.

Daredevil 2 would only extend my disappointment with Marvel's recent choices.

You should check out my last post in the FF thread and tell me what you think of the FF movie with the clips that I gave.

BlackC@t
I HATED Daredevil, Ben Afflek sucks as DD!

Why do they have to make another awful sequel!? sick

TheFilmProphet
1. I completely agree

2. To make a couple quick bucks

tkitna
Geez, I agree that Affleck was a bit stiff, but I thought the movie was decent with all things being said.

TheFilmProphet
Well we are all entitled to our own oppinions. I'm still sticking with mines.

Red Superfly
Well, I don't mind Ben Affleck to be honest - but nobody buys him as an ass kicker, or an action star.

Batman is looking good though, and it's proof that even though the movies before it are still there, you don't have to acknowledge them, and you can start again, which is what they are thankfully doing.

So, maybe in another ten years or so, they'll bring out the proper Daredevil movie.

There's only a few movies that get it spot on, Spider-Man and Superman are the only two I can think of, with an honorable mention going to Burtons Batman movies - which although not the definitive Batman movies - are still damn good movies.

TheFilmProphet
I hope that you are right and in about ten years we can finally see a faithful and entertaining Daredevil film.

I agree Superman and Spider-Man have been some of the very few that have actually been spot on.

Havoc470
i dont really hate affleck for his acting although he is pretty bad as daredevil, i just hate how he portrayed the fight coreography, for example the only "fast-paced" fight scene was when he was trying to find out elektra's name, he'd have his hand up to block a kick before the kick even came, and that flick he did with uma thurman is more proof of this, he cant make a fight scene look natural to save his life

imo ferral was the best actor in the first movie, although i hated the target scar on his head, i think they really should've just gave him a mask like the comic book bullseye

daredevil is a character thats sad to see played by affleck, im sure theres got to be someone out there who could play daredevil alot better than him, although we'd probably never see good daredevil in this lifetime......has anyone seen the new suits in Secret War? they're friggin a-mazing

TheFilmProphet
My thoughts exactly http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/yes.gif

Mr Parker
I agree Superman and Spider-Man have been some of the very few that have actually been spot on.

Superman spot on yes.spider-man hardly.didnt even come close.All the batman movies and the spiderman movies were not at all faitfhful to the comicbooks so they need to be added to that list as well.Daredevil was much more faithful than spider-man although it could have been better,no doubt about that.It was for sure not a magical movie like Superman,but much more loyal though..I sure hope they make another Daredevil movie so we can know more about the kingpin because I was dissapointed they did not go into the origin of the kingpin.I agree though that they made him too much like spider-man in the movie with him easily leaping from builiding to building.

Mr Parker
2. To make a couple quick bucks

Hollywood never makes any great comicbook films these days anymore.Even though they are usually crap like a couple of them that were made this summer were,they always make more because like it was already mentioned, just to make a quick buck. Thank god they liked the Elecktra character in the movie because the movie looks like it will be a great one.Elecktra was really great in Daredevil.

Spiderninja008
....i agree w/ mr parker. The Spiderman movies are great, but they seem to lower Spidey's abilities besides the swinging, and the DareDevil movie was so much of a rip off of the Spiderman movie. DareDevil is more like Batman than Spidey. THe 50foot jumps were painful to watch. Didn't do DD justice. THey amplified his physical abilities and limited Spidey's, (for example, Spidey is a lot faster and stronger than that.)

TheFilmProphet
Mr, Parker I don't agree with you on your first point but I do agree with on your second point.

pr1983
parker i think they do make decent comic movies, but yeah sometimes they make them just to cash in.

spiderninja u pretty much right, but what parts of spidermans strength did u think were underdone?

Paola
topic

pr1983
whootish, and it was on topic stick out tongue

it was about how daredevil 2 would be a cash in stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
yeah

NiceGuynj
Well all in all Ben Affleck needs to start gathering his nuts winter coming and at the moment he has no good movies latley making any money at the time he needs a hit badly like Bruce Willis after Hudson Hawk and being over exposed once Pulp Fiction came out he was back to normal.A Daredevil 2 movie might hurt him.But then again I'm a great fan of his and it's sad to see him after the whole Bennifer thing.

pr1983
bennifer laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
His movie that opened about a week ago "Surviving Christmas" opened in theatres with 4 million dollars.

Daredevil 2 may be his only hope now.

laughing out loud

NiceGuynj
Yes I guess your right.But Daredevil too has to be great Ben affleck might not get the chance to do good movies.He has to pull something out of his as$$ soon.$

TheFilmProphet
I agree. He could be another Michael Keaton.

NiceGuynj
Yes Micheal Keaton best Batman ever and left because he didn't want to know only as Batman....Sad becuase there isn't any other movie you'll really know him as.But Ben Affleck is a great actor(See Chasing amy)And if you see him in any interview or commentary his a cool funny guy.Ben did got the chance to do the up coming movie Glory Road as the coach but left for unknown reasons.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah Michael Keaton was great but after the Batman movies his films didn't do so well. Then his career was basically finished after that. Unfortunately I see the same thing happening to Ben.

NiceGuynj
Yeah again Bruce willis had that problem and he also was in a movie with Demi Moore but his career is doing pretty good and Ben Affleck had gigli.So there is hope for him.And he said he wouldn't do a dardevil 2 if kevin smith doesn't direct it.It's a major long shot.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah but Jersey Girl did horrible and Surviving Christmas did even worse than Gigli. Things don't look very good for him.

NiceGuynj
True those movies were more horrible then bad but the again we all knew even before it came out it was gonna bomb most times when movies come out when the characters are real couples they tend to do horrible.I think even if Ben Affleck does a not to bad comedy people might reject his movies without even seeing it.He needs to hide out for awhile till a great script comes along and slowly get back into the movies.

Damn Jennifer Lopez ever since she left him things gone down hill for him.

TheFilmProphet
1. I agree.

2. laughing out loud

NiceGuynj
I'm telling you I don't know why these actors and actress try to date one another it usually doesn't last.Look she was supposed to marry Jenny form the block aka J.Ho and now she married to 2 timed married Marc anthony surpise........surpise.

If anything for a Daredevil sequel,whats another Daredevil Villian do you know TheFilmProphet?

Alpha Centauri
I don't think anyone should allow the movie to go ahead unless they can make it vastly better than the last, which I didn't mind.

Just don't see any point in making another carbon-copy.

-AC

TheFilmProphet
1. Well he is the fool for dating her in the first place. wink

2. I think for a sequel they would just use Kingpin again since he didn't die in the first film. Then maybe they would throw in Elektra just to make it interesting.

Alpha Centauri
So basically Daredevil 1.5 then?

That's not what anyone wants, but then again since when did most movie makers care about what the fans want?

-AC

NiceGuynj
1)Succubus

2)Yeah I didn't read too many Daredevil comics and surpise there weren't any other popular villians.Maybe Black Widow might fight Elektra for Matt Murdock big grin.

TheFilmProphet
Pleasant thoughts but I doubt it.

Exactly.

NiceGuynj
Yeah I'M a believer that movies are as much as the fans movies as the film makers in a moral not physical way.Like George Lucus editing the stormtroopers in the first movie in the star wars trilogy box set.I can tell you there was many pissed off people who felt that there movie was butchered and didn't need to be touched in that way.

TheFilmProphet
It would be great if we the fans had some type of input on these movies.

NiceGuynj
Yes these movies are ours morally actually there waws a good southpark episode about what were talking about George Lucus and Steven Speliberg both try to reedit the whole movie of Indiana Jones and the lost crusades funny but showed about how butchering there work for no reason.

TheFilmProphet
In my oppinion these horrible comic bookmovies have alot to do with the comic book companies (DC, Marvel, Image, etc.) giving all control over their comic book based films to just anybody regardless of how the film is being done with them.

Daredevil was a victim of this in my oppinion.

NiceGuynj
True this movie could have been better if it was more thought out.Even Hulk was too much a film rather then a superhero movie.I don't wnat to see Hulk have a hulk a cry I want him to fight a giant robot or monster like godizlla or king kong.

TheFilmProphet
The Hulk was also not done to it's full potential because of the poor choices made with thedirector and writers. As well as Daredevil.

NiceGuynj
Yeah John woo was trying to do a good thing and have the hulk more then wreking machine but thats not what mainly people wnated.

TheFilmProphet
I think you mean Ang Lee.

And yes your right he tried to give people more of the character but he approached it the wrong way.

The director of Daredevil just approached the entire film in the wrong way in my oppinion.

NiceGuynj
John woo what was I thinking yes your right.Crouching tiger had that fighting with good plot but it didn't do any good this time around.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah Ang lee wasn't that experienced when it came to doing The Hulk.

Hopefully if they ever make a Daredevil 2 they will have a different director for it.

NiceGuynj
A new writer wouldn't be that bad.How can you put 3 of your best most popular and really well knowed villians in the first movie.What were they expecting to put in the next one.

TheFilmProphet
True.

When your character doesn't have as many villains as maybe Spider-Man then its not very wise to place thier top three villains in the first film.

NiceGuynj
Yeah Daredevil isn't as popular as spiderman

Spiderman is to Daredevil as The Beatles are to The grateful dead.

There are people who love daredevil and haet to see it's future in the mix.I can't believe elektra looks as interesting as we thought.Hot all I say.

TheFilmProphet
yeah I agree

darktim1
I've been looking forward to elecktra movie it looks like it is going to have alot of action in it plus jennifer is good actress and can pull it off.

NiceGuynj
Very true and it looks like the ninja group The Hand who brought her back to life in the comics will being doing the same in this movie.

TheFilmProphet
I guess we will just have to see what happens.

crazyspinz
ben afleck sucks, he ruined a perfectly good action figure

pr1983
laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
No Ben Affleck in Elektra?
Source: Superhero Hype!
December 3, 2004

This is interesting. 'zminusx' tells us about the latest issue of Wizard magazine:

In the new issue of Wizard (issue 159), in the interview with Jennifer Garner, she denies that either Ben Affleck or Colin Farrell are in the movie...

Further on in the issue, they have a quick capsule article about the Daredevil in Elektra rumor, stating that 20th Century Fox denied it, then Wizard predicts that Affleck will show up, but not as Daredevil, instead simply as Matt Murdock.

This is kind of weird since this "rumor" has been everywhere, even mentioned by Affleck himself.

I figure that he and Farrell must have been cut from the theatrical version of the picture.

Or... Ben Affleck was just covering up his visit to the set so that he could see Jennifer? Who knows! We'll see when January 14 rolls around.

Vladimir
DAREDEVIL ROX!!! THE BEST MOVIE EVER, I LOVED THAT MOVIE MORE THE SPIDERMAN 10000000 TIMES, DAREDEVIL 2 WILL BE AWESOME, I HOPE AFFLECK WILL BE DAREDEVIL AGAIN, CUZ I DONT WANNA SEE ANYONE ELSE PLAYIN THAT ROLE LIKE THEY DID WITH BATMAN.

Darth Jello
if they make a sequal, they shouldn't even call it daredevil. they should call it Born Again and adapt that whole storyline. i woudn't necesarily use Karen Page though. I'd include Kingpin and maybe Echo. Typhoid would rock but Elektra already ****ed up that character by getting her all wrong. the only other villians i can think of being worthy of a sequal would be Masked Maurader and maybe an adamantium enhanced Bullseye.

Elektra_lover
How can you say Elektra ****ed up Typhoid if you havent even seen it yet?

pr1983
i think hes talkin about garner...

TheFilmProphet
yeah wink

pr1983
and i agree with him stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
stick out tongue

pr1983
sorry i'm just not a fan of garner...

Elektra_lover
I think Garner will do an amazing job playing Elektra in her new movie. She has totally changed from her role in DD.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah me either.

And even if I was, I don't think she is the best actress for the role.

pr1983
ditto...

TheFilmProphet
*sign of relief*

Finally someone agrees with me on this.

pr1983
ive been saying it for ages...

TheFilmProphet
you have? confused

pr1983
yep, i thought i was alone too...

Elektra_lover
I think Garner is an amazing Elektra. Did anyone even see the trailer and featurettes of Elektra? Just that should make you feal the same way I do.

pr1983
ive watched them all, and im still not convinced...

TheFilmProphet
I have and each one just makes me feel more and more the way I do about her and the role. wink

pr1983
im the same, the more i see her the more unconvinced i become...

Elektra_lover
roll eyes (sarcastic) Whatever, I know me and many people are looking foward to the movie and just some advice, whinning about her casting wont do anything. She will be in DD2 if its made and Elektra 2 if thats made wink

pr1983
yeah, how shit is that...

and i think there are just as many people that hate her that love her...

TheFilmProphet
Noooooo!! weep

Very shitty sad

Elektra_lover
I will enjoy it. You have to say she did better then Ben

pr1983
i would have done better than ben stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

A monkey in a Daredevil costume would have done better. stick out tongue

pr1983
laughing

Elektra_lover
stick out tongue

pr1983
elektra lover, i love the elektra character, im downloading comics as we speak, i just dont think garner is right, thats all

TheFilmProphet
same here

Elektra_lover
I think Garner will do a reslly good job in Elektra

pr1983
then we have to agree to disagree stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
I'm going to agree that we disagree that you disagree that I agree Garner is wrong for the part. smokin'

Elektra_lover
I understand that stick out tongue But I really do think she will shine

pr1983
laughing proph...

thats fine elektra...

TheFilmProphet

TheFilmProphet
http://www.kelwick.karoo.net/Images/Preview%20Images/Daredevil%2030.jpg

pr1983
oh sweet jesus...

laughing

TheFilmProphet
told you so stick out tongue

Scarpa
Daredevil was one of the best superhero movies besides the Punisher I own both

TheFilmProphet
I guess we all have our own oppinions on the DD movie. wink

Elektra_lover
Well if you people like DD and want a DD2 you'll have to go and see Elektra because DD2's fate hangs on how Elektra does at the BO

TheFilmProphet
I agree

If Elektra bombs than don't expect another DD film for at least another 5-10 years.

pr1983
possibly, but i still think elektra's gonna be bad, not catwoman bad, but bad.

TheFilmProphet
I agree

pr1983
that would improve her performance i believe...

TheFilmProphet
Yeah anything is better than Catwoman, its the new low.

pr1983
true, btw my last post was meant for the f4 thread...

i still believe garner is unsuitable, as batgirl i think she'd be cool, but not elektra...

TheFilmProphet
I didn't know embarrasment

Yeah I still believe someone else should have got the role of Elektra instead as well as the role of Daredevil. (like the monkey) stick out tongue

pr1983
both of em... maybe a darker woman, real mysterious, as for daredevil... someone who can act would have been good...

TheFilmProphet
Yeah, I think maybe an Hispanic looking woman for the role of Elektra would have been good as long as she could act.

Daredevil, anything would be better especially someone who can act.

pr1983
i like where your goin with the elektra thought, but nobody sprins to mind, maybe an unknown...

hows about i be dd and u be bullseye... give everyone the movie they want...

TheFilmProphet
An unkown would be perfect.

Yeah except I won't have a tattoo on my head, instead I would have a costume. Yeah the movie we really want.

pr1983
elektra could be... anyone we want... maybe paola eek!

costume would be cool, i hate the leather get up on both characters...

TheFilmProphet
Maybe shifty

Yeah its like they are bikers or something.

pr1983
i know... and the dark red wine colour don't suit murdock imo...

TheFilmProphet
Or an Irish Bullseye

pr1983
yeah, as much as i liked farrell i just felt he wasnt the real bullseye...

TheFilmProphet
yeah, maybe he just didn't put any soul into it, plus the bad costume, plus making the character Irish.

pr1983
i actually liked him, he got some decent lines, but i never thought bullseye was irish...

TheFilmProphet
same here

pr1983
i also liked clarke duncan, but i thought he was capable of better, maybe frank miller should have written it, the writing wasnt the best imo...

TheFilmProphet
The writing was terrible.

Kingpin didn't throw roses on people wink

pr1983
i know, but i think duncan did the best with what he had...

TheFilmProphet
I suppose so wink

pr1983
stick out tongue

but i wanna seea a new elektra... ooh, what about paula garces from harold and kumar?

TheFilmProphet
I don't really think she would have the acting part right.

What about Nattasia Malthe if she wasn't already Typhoid?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>