Happy Ramadan everyone!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
smile Yup it is that time of the year! When Muslims keep fast for the entire month from sunrise to sunset.

Nazgulinthedark
i feel bad for them, no food for 12 hours sad

Imaginary
They do it for God

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
im catholic and i have a great respect for muslims wen they fast for so long.. and i learned the girls start at 11-12 and the boys at 16-17 wat is that?!?!?! i go to school with quite a few muslims and they have to sit there and watch all the girls in my school eat like pigs while they just sit there... i feel bad

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
if it was my religion i would do it 2

Nazgulinthedark
yes, i know, but alot of people, if they were muslum, wouldnt be able to go with out food for so long

Raz
Should it really be "Happy Ramadan"? Can't really see anyone looking forward to it blink

Punkyhermy
Yes in fact. People DO because as a reward, at the end of the month they celebrate 'Eid'. This is when as a reward for excersing patience at the will of God they get to celebrate, buy new clothes hold parties and socialize all day long!
I quite like this purpose for fasting.It promotes self discipline and patience.Plus it's healthy too!

Imaginary
We didn't learn that in religious ed... stupid teacher is always comparing other religions to christianity

vaya_the_elf
Happy Ramadan to you to smile

ash007
indeed some of my mates are Muslims. And sometimes you do feel guilty for eating in front of them thats why i try not to

sim0921
I kno a lot of turks who fast; but i dont really get the point. I dont want to insult their religion and all, but it doesnt seem very healthy to me. I mean, suffer for some imaginary entity erm ?

sim0921
Anyway, Happy Ramadan to those who do it.

BackFire
Fasting is dumb.

"I'm not eating for god."

Who cares?

sim0921
^ Exactly my point

BackFire
I bet gods up there like "dude, I don't care if you eat, go have a damn burger you fools."

sim0921
^ laughing out loud

Raz
Its supposed to show self-control and self-discipline.

But doing it every year for a month? Thats too much...

lil bitchiness
Happy Ramadan everyne who celebrates happy Hope you get lots of presents!

Raz
Thats Eid, lil. Thats after Ramadan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Fitr

finti
laughing out loud laughing .sorry but that was actually funny. Kind of Hale and Pace

lil bitchiness
embarrasment Sorro. blink

Raz
Nothing to be sorry about! smile

lil bitchiness
I hope muslims arent offended or anything, i have so many muslim friends, i should have known this embarrasment

Raz
I don't think so. Possibly Bin Ladin, but who gives a crap? stick out tongue

Kosta
So because they hadnt eaten for a month, as a reward they are allowed to go out and spend money? blink

Kosta
If you cant eat from dawn till dusk, take a month off work, and become nocturnal big grin

Gundark
Actually, if you want to cover all the holiday greetings and thus leave NEARLY no one out, try this. It includes Ramadan, Hannukah, Kwanzaa and Christmas.

Happy RamaHanaKwanzMas !

Or just use Frank Costanza's greeting. Happy Festivus !!

Kosta
laughing out loud Nice! I'll use that in the future.

Unicor777
Happy Ramadan to those that fast !
As for the other discussions with silly conotations, I would like just to add, that religion is a choice. Personally i don't agree with a religion being imposed to a child, it has to wait untill at least 18 years so one could choose. But, even this way ppl choose when they become adults whether to continue the religiouse tradition or NOT. Muslims that fast, they do it because they want to, its something that shows their links with the rest of the group! So theres nothing scary in that. Even in the chrisitanity there are some hard fasts, another thing is that very few ppl respect it, and thats a choice also. As for being healthy or not, it has proven that is very healthy cause it purifiels the body and the spirit.

So to all muslims on kmc I wish u all the best for Ramadan and for eid
Cheers.
uni

lil bitchiness
haha!! Awesome! laughing out loud

becks-23

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.