who really likes the spiderman movies anyway

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spider-venom
even though of u prabaly like them i just want to get an idea of how many dont care for the movies

Robo-Chocobo
uh...*raises hand* I loved the movies.

Nataku8188
They were so... meh.

The Ones
I loved them, i actualy killed my grand mum to see no. 2

Mane
i liked them. hell of a lot better than Daredevil.

spider-venom is probably Mr. Parker.

Whisper
My first reaction.

The Ones
same

tomhopeparry
interesting idea... ill agree just for the fun of it

Ock
I love them.They are awesome.Doc Ock being the best thing in them big grin

BlackC@t
They absouletly rock! rock

DareDevil sucked!

TheFilmProphet
I strongly agree

Likely and that would explain those 2 votes on the poll.

tomhopeparry
well if you read the 'no spiderman 4' topic then you should know how i feel about the movies!

FeceMan
Hmmm...yes, DareDevil DID suck. It was rather boring and, well, stupid.

Why the hell would you make Kingpin black? Ah, yes, now I remember.

Political correctness.

TheFilmProphet
I agree

pr1983
i personally think it was more to do with finding a decent actor that size, how many white guys can u think of who are that size and decent actors, and yes there was a tiny bit of political correctness.

FeceMan
Use Michael Moore.

smile

Oops, I missed the part about being a good actor.

Nataku8188
How about the fat dude from Blade?

Reborn Again
There're alright, but they could've done better. GG was awesome, though Defoe looked insane even before he turned, like Jack Nicholson in the original Shining. Doc Ock was too plain and not the superior criminal come to be known in the comics. I would've picked another actor for Doc Ock.

FeceMan
Heh. I minimized this and it says:

KMC Forums - who re...

Lol. Whore smile.

Mane
hah. whore. thats funny. whore. happy

Paola
topic guys

Mane
cry im sick of seeing Dark Phoenix!! when are you gonna be Elektra??

Mr Parker
I dont know how the Daredevil movie came into discussion on this thread,but since it did,Daredevil was MUCH better than these god awful man-spider movies.Daredevil was more of an adult film where the man-spider movies are made mostly for kids. and I hate to blow your theory,but your wrong, no me and spider-venom are not the same person and there are 3 votes there not 2.

Mr Parker
Yeah Paola,why did you have to change your avatar,I like your Elecktra one MUCH better? sad

TheFilmProphet
Daredevil better than Spider-Man? laughing laughing laughing

Anyway if you would have been paying attention when I said there was two votes there was actually two votes. Then AFTER I posted there was three votes.

bakerboy
The two man spider movies were just crap and a betrayal for the fans. Plain and simple

Mr Parker
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Daredevil better than Spider-Man? laughing laughing laughing

Hey if you enjoy watching kiddie flicks and dont care for adult films,then yeah watch the man-spider movies and dont watch Daredevil. laughing laughing laughing

Mr Parker
exactly. thumb up

TheFilmProphet
Well if you enjoy watching untalented, unsuited, and unfaithful comic films you should continue to watch Daredvil.

Kiddie flick???

What makes Daredevil such a quote "adult film"???

Both are rated PG-13. confused

bakerboy
The characters and the story in daredevil are more tragic and realistic and adult than the man spider characters. The main villain, kingpin, is someone that we could see easily in the real life, a big gangster who controls the crime in a city. But I doubt that we can see people like the green goblin or doctor octopus in real life.

Mr Parker
ha ha,you got the funniest logic I have ever seen.to say the man-spider films are faithful is absurd and ludicrise.The daredevil movies are far more faithful to the source material than these crappy man-spider movies are .You call Kirsten Dunst talented? ha ha thats a laugh.Unlike Jk simmons and William Defoe who understood their characters,its either the fault of the script writers or Kirsten dunst or my guess is both, because Dunst clearly does not understand the character of Mary Jane at all because if you ever read the comics you would understand that her character in the movie doesnt even come close to the character in the comics and that it was only about 10% mj in the movie and 90% gwen stacy,that her character was MUCH MUCH closer to the character of gwen stacy than MJ.Your logic is laughable as always.Bakerboy just pointed out so well why Dardevil is an adult film and the man-spider movies arent.

and please dont start making ludicrise idiotic statements that me and bakerboy are the same person because he lives in spain and I live in the states.

Robo-Chocobo
I dont know why your all bitchin and whining over 2 solid comic book movies.

daredevil was a great movie, with my only complaint being Electra's lines at certain parts of the movie.
some ven made me laugh"lyer"

TheFilmProphet
bakerboy you are criticising the Spider-Man characters saying they are not realisitc. Last time I checked they were COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS!! and they are not suppose to be completely realistic or they would not be interesting to read or look at.

Mr. Parker you arguement is useless no matter how many times you bash Dunst that does nto change the fact that Ben Affleck is untalented and that Spider-Man is a much better film in all aspects.

Ok how about we do this count how many talented actors/actress there were in Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, then count how many there were in Daredevil. wink

TheFilmProphet
I disagree

Mr Parker
Mr. Parker you arguement is useless no matter how many times you bash Dunst that does nto change the fact that Ben Affleck is untalented and that Spider-Man is a much better film in all aspects.

Ok how about we do this count how many talented actors/actress there were in Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, then count how many there were in Daredevil. wink

Ben Affleck is not untalented.Give me a break.If he was, he never would have been cast in the main role in the first place.To say he did a horrible job of delivering his lines like Chris O'donnel did in Batman forever is crazy.You remind of all these mods at kryptonsite who make absurd statements that Kristen Kreuk's acting sucks on Smallville and everything else she does and they talk about how Allison Mack is so great on that show when Kreuks acting is in fact very impressive in that show .Give me a break,I have studied acting before,and i dont see anything wrong with Ben Affleck In Daredevil.No, MAN-SPIDER is much worse than Daredevil in all aspects.Since there has only been one Daredevil movie made,then its not fair to compare 2 movies to just one but as long as we are comparing the first man-spider to daredevil,then lets start with the two main characters.Ben Affleck was a good Matt Murdock in his portrayel and acting in that movie.Tobey Mcguire although his acting surprised me and did a good job as Peter Parker,he was a terrible choice for the role because his voice sucks and for a character like spider-man,having a good voice for the role is imperative.While daredevil could have been a better film by going into detail about Kingpins life and how he came into power,which is where those extra 30 minutes would have come in handy,I honestly thought I would be dissapointed with Daredevil because of the running time,but I was pleasantly surprised.,It had more positives than negatives where man-spider had far more negatives than positives about it.

Mane
i think Mr Parker should be banned.

TheFilmProphet
Perhaps

I'm tired of trying to teach someone who doesn't want to learn.

bakerboy
Not, you should be banned, man spider fans, for your nazi way of expressing. All the people have the right on posting their opinion, and that is the only thing that mr parker is doing.

And not wrong again, the spiderman characters in the comics are great characters, but in the man spider movie, they are ruined for an awful script and terrible performances, exept willem dafoe as osborn, rosemary harris as aunt may and j k simmons as jameson. The rest was crap. And Kirsten dunst sucked as bad as the rest of the cast. The characters in daredevil are from the comics too, but they are much better played, and in the superman movies too.

bakerboy
By the way, film prophert, you dont have so much to teach.

TheFilmProphet
Its, FILM PROPHET

I have lots to teach but only to those who are willing to learn.

bakerboy
Ok , great teacher. Go and found a school or something. You will get some more than in those forums.

TheFilmProphet
I don't think there is a school for comic book movies. stick out tongue

dbarzallo
I LOVE MOVIES

bakerboy
you'd never know.......

FeceMan
You know, I was REALLY hoping that Mr Parker and bakerboy had, you know, died.

It's one thing to express your opinion on something. It's another to force it onto people by continuing to piss and moan and stir up trouble.

A kid at my school turns EVERYTHING into politics. He reminds me a lot of you. Well, at least you stay consistent with your opinions. One day he's hating Democrats and telling us he's a Republican and the next he's saying that he wants to assassinate President Bush. (What an idiot.)

Anyways...

I think the Spider-Man movies were good. I liked the second better than the first. They were both enjoyable. *Drools out the corner of his mouth and wears a senile expression.*

TheFilmProphet
1. laughing out loud http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/shifty.gif

2. I agree

Nataku8188
People people people... Can't we all just agree that Hulk was horrible?

As for SM... 2 was better then I had expected... but SM 1 was on par with DD... just barely tolerable. I despised the leading characters and villain adaptions (Cyber goblin and black kingpin) they used for the movies...

The plots were fine, but I mean really... they should use no-name actors for comic-book movies so we have no standard to set, and so we can adapt our thoughts to the character. I don't want to be watching SM and think of aborted babies (Cider house rules) or DD and think of Golgothan shit demons (Dogma)

TheFilmProphet
No! (won't admit it) sad http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/weep.gif

Mr Parker
YOU are the one that doesnt want to learn Film Prophet not us..Its funny how you got no counter argument to my post because you know you cant counter it. big grin and MANE,your the one who should be banned not me.I dont go around calling people names like I have seen you do before when someone criticises a movie I like.

TheFilmProphet
Whatever makes you feel like a big boy Mr. Parker. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Hoping somebody would die just because they criticise a movie you like is extremely childish and immature and like Bakerboy said,is a fascist way of thinking.You need to look no further than your coharts like MANE AND BLACK CAT and others who are the ones who piss and moan about how great these films are and anytime someone comes on here and points out how awful they are,they engage in insults and they are the ones that force it onto others trying to convince us how great they are,and when they cant, they act childish like you are right now.Showing WHY these movies suck like we have is not pissing and moaning,its called criticisem.you attacking us like you have,now THATS pissing and moaning.

As I mentioned before,I dont know how THIS thread got on the discussion of Daredevil since its to talk about the man-spider movies but this thread is NOT about Daredevil so enough of the daredevil vs man-spider movies.

Mr Parker
thanks for proving my point that you cant counter it. big grin Im done trying to reason with you on this thread.

Nataku8188
Then why are you still here? You are to film prophet what wolverine 8888 is to me...

TheFilmProphet
What is that?

I think you have it backwards big grin

FeceMan
*Sighs.*

Obviously my time away from the boards has dulled you to my sense of black humor.

I DON'T ACTUALLY WANT YOU TO DIE.

I was more hoping that you had either left or stopped bitching. Sheesh. It's like saying Sora deserved his coma in .hack//SIGN...lol.

Nataku8188
He's like an incompetent arch-villain. He argues even with shaky facts and horrible grammr. At least Parker is pretty understandable and is basing his stuff mostly on opinion... Wolverine8888 was claiming wolvie could lift 25 tons... chair

TheFilmProphet
arch-villain?

Then I'm the good guy, super hero big grin

25 tons laughing out loud

FeceMan
I don't understand...do you mean TFP is pretty understandable? Because Parker's grammar sucks.

I had an arch-nemesis once--his name was Ghetto Goblin.

TheFilmProphet
Thanks FaceMan. big grin

I remember Ghetto Goblin and he was pretty annoying. wink

Nataku8188
I mean Parker, in comparison to Wolverine8888, has pretty understandable grammar. TFP is completely understandable, as are you my poop-tastic friend.

Ghetto goblin, thats a gay name to start with. I hope you burned down his house while he was sleeping in it.

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

Can you believe he actually used two names once, just so he could he vote twice on a poll?

Paola
interesting off-topic conversation...

Mane
sad close it, babes. we have enough topics about this.

FeceMan
LOL!

Errmm...on topic.

YES I LOVED THE SPIDER-MAN MOVIES. I THINK THEY WERE WELL-WRITTEN, THE CGI DIDN'T INTERFERE WITH THE VIEWER'S ENJOYMENT, AND TOBY MAGUIRE IS A PERFECT PETER PARKER. THE ACTION SCENES HAD ACTION AND THE ROMANCE SCENES HAD A QUIRKY FORM OF ROMANCE.

See? On topic!

TheFilmProphet
Ok back on topic too

Obviously someone must like the Spidey films or otherwise the first would not have grossed $403 million and the second $373 million.

Paola
you all are so good people
I can't believe my eyes

Spiderman_RJ
all spiderman movies sucks, right mr parker, and the person who gave their money away to see it are nutcraked mind.

lol.who d ask that? this thread is pointless, lets make a offtopic official spiderman thread.

Paola
^ isn't that the official symbiote thread?

Mane
yes it is.

TheFilmProphet
yup

Spiderman_RJ
no this is the stupid thread about spiderman good or not.

Paola
yeah but the official off-topic spiderman forum thread is the official symbiote one.... we can't have two off-topic threads in one forum

fever red
AAAH!- NO- the topic there is Symbiotes...please don't post there if you're not interested in making regular sym-related postings as well as off-topic ones... it HAS a topic, to which we sometimes more and sometimes less adhere...but hopefully, we manage to convey that we're fans of Brock, Kasady, and cohorts.

Paola
shocking ok ok.... so Spider-Man forum has not an official off-topic thread...

FeceMan
We DO need an off-topic thread.

Paola
but symbiote people are the only regulars on this forum...

fever red
Oooh, let's re-name it the Symbiote Forum.

TheFilmProphet
Hey I'm on here too!! sad

pr1983
me too, ive neglected spidey for too long

TheFilmProphet
Can I make the Spider-Man Off-Topic thread? evil face

Spiderman_RJ

tomhopeparry
whaaa much has happend since my vacation in scotland!

ok ive noticed that a few people dont like the spiderman movies. which i dont agree with but besides the point i cant see any other reason than the fact that its different to the comics.. be it the organic webbing or the mj character being more like gwen,
whatever the reason i put this to you people.... which comic?

ok so no comic has done the organics webbing (or not that i know of) but take ultimate spiderman for example... its different to the original Amazing spiderman comic.... debate it all you like but they are! Ultimate spiderman was created, quote: 'updating spiderman for the 21st century' and i see this in the movies as well! thsi is basically what it is doing... the concept is still there. i think that its important to remember that the amazing spiderman was developed over years the key stories and things that were most important developed and changed.... i also think mistakes were made by the writers.... I STRONGLY feel that these were corrected in the ultimate spiderman.. maybe you guys that dont like the movies are just traditionalists... maybe you dont even like spiderman at all anyway.. i dont know what it is.. but you are sure getting boring repeating yourselves like you do! my personal opinion is that the more spiderman is developed as a character and story the better!

tomhopeparry
oh yeah... film prophet..... i dont blame you... but i dont think its about teaching them, its about expressing views and opinions... their problem is they want to express the same views and opinions over and over and over and over.................................... and over and over and over and over..... i dont blame you.. it is getting quite boring! they just dont seem to want to try to accept or even understand what you say. if they dont like the films, then they dont like them and i accept that.. i just wish they would shut up coz i think ive heard it all now!

pr1983
amen

Mr Parker
Man you got reading comprehension problems or something because I didnt repeat myself over and over and over again in this thread.I said quite a bit of new things each time. and like the guys who like the movies DONT repeat the same things over and over and over again? please give me a break.you only see what you want to see obviously.This for sure is my last post on this thread since you obviously only see what you want to see.

TheFilmProphet
I agree.

pr1983
someone had a hissy fit

TheFilmProphet
Who Mr. Parker?

pr1983
yeah

tomhopeparry
well in responce to parker (although according to what he said, he will never read this) ive only ever had to repeat myself to explain myself again in responce to parker's and bakerboy's repetitivness. they dont try to look at things from other peoples point of view so explaining anything is pointless.

anyway better get back to the topic before this one closes also!

SPIDERMAN RULES! YAY

heh

pr1983
i second that.

TheFilmProphet
Me too evil face

bakerboy
What are you talking about, tom? You are the one who is repeting the same things and puting words in our mouths that we have never said, dont be so ridiculous. And by the way, yes, spidey rules but man spider sucks.

FeceMan
Oh, God...

STFU n00b.

That's the only response I can come up with at this point.

tomhopeparry
ok well i guess we just have to disagree on this bakerboy coz ive never put words in your mouth, and have only tried to defend the movies from your repetitive rants. but what i think is most importantly interesting to see is that you have been outvoted so im obviously not alone on this!

TheFilmProphet
yup cool

hunchy
They're awesome comic book movies, with an exceptional sequel that was better than the first in my opinion. Better villian, improved special effects, continues the characters and their story from the first very well...and just really are a good adaption over all of the Spiderman comics.

TheFilmProphet
I agree.

tomhopeparry
nicely said hunchy, couldnt have put it better myself. i think it is important to express that it is just an adaptation and as an adaptation i think it works well, its not exactly like the comics i agree and that is something i am actually glad of more than anything. they gave the movies a slight sense of originality and obviously it was more updated like the ultimate spiderman comic is.

CoolWizard
Hmm after giving it some thought, I am inclined to agree with Mr Parker.
The Spiderman movies did take certain liberties with the character as originated in the comic books. While that can be a good thing sometimes, it really does create a problem when fans of the movies and fans of the comics debate about the differences in both.
I saw Spiderman in theaters and was not terribly impressed by Peter Parker and a few other things.
So as of now, I agree wiht Mr Parker and he has right to say his peace, I think.
Not everyone may agree with him, but he has a right to his opinion, and I certainly agree with what he has said.

tomhopeparry
he 'says his peace' over and over again and its got boring now, at least you thought through after deciding what you think and you certainly are'nt as extreme with your opinion, parker moans on about it as if he could do a better job!

Xam
You are a liar.I have read through this thread and that other thread that got closed and like Mr Parker said,you guys who like the movies are the only ones here repeating the same thing over and over and over again not mr parker and bakerboy.No wonder he got sick of you guys and left this thread with your lies you make about him and bakerboy.

Endenkton
Well said Xam.

Btw the ONLY good thing in the two Man-Spider movies is Doc Ock.Alfred Molina ruled.

Xam
he did hes the only guy who had a nice hairdobig grin

FeceMan
Oh, just shut the hell up. We've given up on caring; now we're just getting annoyed with your constant bitching.

spider-venom
im glad to see Im not the only one who hates the manspider movies

Scarpa
The spider-man comics couldnt have been more violated if there were molested by Michael Jackson

doctorstrongbad
There goes another Michael Jackson joke. Zing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.