Ash: Hero or Coward REVISITED

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I think we covered this very subject a few months back, but I couldn't find the damn thread, so whatever.

A lot of you cats are naming Ash as your favorite Horror movie hero in a recent survey, and I gotsta axe one question. WHY?

1) He let 2 movies worth of cabin mates die, and basically only fought for himself. This may be Raimi's fault, although Ash was just as human as the next guy, he was somehow impervious to the fog.

2) Even in "AOD", after stealing the Necronomican, he returned and asked that since he did his part he could leave. He never really saved anyone but himself. In addition, if we're to include the alternate ending to AOD, he basiclaly ruined all of mankind.

So, what makes Ashley a "hero"? Is he truely a hero, or just as good a good guy as were gonna get in a Horror flick?

R0B
Ash dosnt really give a damn about anybody is his movies so I dont think he's a perfect hero

slayer
he helped those convicts by lettin' em escape in AOD

BlackC@t
I don't really consider him a hero........although Sam should have made him more of a hero.......

BackFire
He's a hero in AOD for basically kicking the ass of a whole evil horde of zombies and skeletons on his own.

He's sorta a hero in the Evil Dead 2, he becomes more jaded to what's going on and learns how to kick ass when faced with being alone against the evil dead.

In the first movie he isn't a hero in any form, just a dude who got unlucky.

He's not perfect, and he's no super hero, but he's about as big a hero you'll find in any horror movie.

Jennifer_Tilly
Ash is da man he rocks dude!!!

Wolfie
1) He tried. That's all one could ask from a hero, to try to help.

2) Yes, he wanted to leave at first. Then he rose up and led the people to fight the army of the dead. He didn't ruin mankind in the alternate ending. He slept too long. In however many years in the future he woke up at, the world will be in ruins through no fault of his own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.