Search bar and settings...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
I've tried Spyware Blaster and Adaware and the lot of them... but there's this "Search Assisstant that no matter how many ways I try to get rid of it, it just doesn't go away.

Also, in an unrelated problem, whenever I adjust the Quick Launch bar on this computer, whenever I shut it off and on, the settings are back to what they were before, with Internet Explorer, Show Desktop, and AIM as the three Quick Launch icons. I always have to switch it to Avant, SD, AIM, MSN, and MSWord.

Anyone know what's up with all this? messed

Clovie
no idea .
but that sounds horrible sad

Raz
You really should dump Avant for Firefox - its as susceptible to spyware as IE erm

Have you updated the spyware definitions of Adaware to the latest? Also whats the URL this search assistant takes you to?

And I think your spyware problem is related to your quick launch bar: http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm

JKozzy
Is it really? I noticed a bit of a decrease anyway with Avant... Firefox feels so.. empty. erm

yerssot
yeah, spyware should do the trick

Raz
Did the link help?

JKozzy
Very much so; just got around to getting onto the computer today, Raz. Search Assistant gone, and in the process of getting rid of the malware for good; since I don't use it, I'll put Firefox on there. My sister's a maniacal downloader; finally convinced my parents to make her a limited user on XP erm

JKozzy
Okay, luckily didn't have the logging on/off problem. It looks like it's saving the settings, but now my sis jumped on and well, we'll find out tomorrow, probably stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
Beware with the Search Assistant thing, it has a habit of randomly coming back after you've gotten rid of it. I had to get rid of it 4 times; I think it's gone for good now though.

JKozzy
sad Hope it stays gone.

Silver Stardust
Yeah...pain in the ass spyware...mad

dave123
CWshredder, MSConfig, AdAware and the control panel can solve any spyware problems big grin

Silver Stardust
I've got Adaware, and ever since I got it my spyware problems have vanished stick out tongue much much better than Spybot (which would always crash on me)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.