Username dilemma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
I'm just wondering if the fact that usernames are lost once changed is perhaps a little harsh, it seems that the more mature members, aka those who haven't taken advantage and changed maniacally, are the ones really losing out. I mean, it's a nice option, to be able to change your username and all, but to not be able to go back to your original choice seems unfair. It is, after all, the name everyone has come to know you by. Say I changed to Levi (which is the name I would have liked to use for a while) then I could never go back to Syren. Everyone knows me as Syren erm Is there anything that can be done?

Nazgulinthedark
It doesn't seem so erm theres been some people whove requested i go back to Moo Cow because thats what I was when they joined, and thats what they know me as. but I havent been able to becasue i dont want to lose Nazgulinthedark.

yerssot
it's to prevent people from stealing your name ...as it already happened

PM Raz to ask if he can/will change it back to your original name before changing

JKozzy
I've known you as Nazgulinthedark, since you joined after me cool

So stay it stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
Syren - Your sig doesn't really work as Tifa wasn't a Turk stick out tongue

Sorry, just being picky stick out tongue

dave123
and I don't believe her objective was to obtain the last known Ancient, either.... but then again, I'm a lil rusty embarrasment

Syren
cry

It was made for me, I didn't want to complain about it. And I think it's da bomb, so nyah stick out tongue

dave123
it's still good stick out tongue

Syren
Dave, long time no talk and you diss my sig schmoll It's gonna take more than that.

dave123
cry

Syren
Ok, that's cheating!!

cry

I, I, oh bugger..........

hug

dave123
haha droolio

Raz
Why do you want to change usernames temporarily? I don't see the point.

Syren
Duh, because it's me big grin

Nah, seriously, I thought it was nice to hage the option y'know? I have my days when I just don't feel like a 'Syren'. Mostly, it suits me just fine, but then I get my Lady von Tramp moments.....

A4E
i kinda agree with syren yes
and actually i frankly dont get y cant we change our usernames as much as we want??? does sumthin' bad happen???

PS: syren, lay von tramp suits u more laughing

yerssot
A4E > cause it's tricky for people to keep track of it ... and makes it easy for you if you're "accused" of socking... change your name ten times and not a single mod can remember who you are

A4E
oh ok

Syren
You just gave me the answer needed to shut me up big grin

Tptmanno1
I have an idea,

What if there was like a little form to fill out,
and based on you post count and number of times you've done it recently and why you want to change your name, and you could select how long you wanted to change your name. Then if your application is approved it gets changed but only for the length of time you specifyed. Then in your profile or maybe in another area like under location it could say your old name.
That would solve the many many name ones. so you could only change your name, once every 3 months or something...

But for permanent name changes you'd have to PM Raz or something.

lil bitchiness
At first I thought I wanted to change my name into something that hasnt got bitchiness in it, but then i released, this was my username from the begining, is how people got to know me, so no point in chaning it.
Besides, when i joined the board, i never planned to be a mod, if i have i would have picked more approporate name. blink

Silver Stardust
Ah, but your name's awesome, Milla!

I still have people who call me Trin or TM, and I changed mine to Silver Stardust nearly four months ago blink I was kinda thinking of going back but I like this name much better.

yerssot
wow, now I remember where I know you from embarrasment

Silver Stardust
...wow. blink

yerssot
heavy cool

Silver Stardust
*shakes head slowly*

Tptmanno1
Are you serious yerss???
If so , Oh my god.....

yerssot
Hello Janice no expression

Tptmanno1
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
yea, that just went right over my head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.