My School Is Trying To Brainwash Me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dogbert
A few days ago, I went to my retreat (A requirment in Catholic school; it is when you go in and pray and learn about problems in the world) and this year's theme was Abortion. To say the least, it was creepy... ermm
This woman got on stage and was screaming at us about how bad it was and people that do it will go to hell because they were murderes... ermm
Then they showed us a video that showed how an abortion is done................................... These images cannot be erased from my head.... no
They are forcing all this crap on us and trying to influence our views by giving us a lop sided view on abortion. miffed

OK, This might get closed, but I had to tell somebody....

HockeyHorror
i got to private catholic college-prep i school...our retreats are the same...some lady/man comes and starts talking about life and starts crying.

§pearhead
They SHOWED you what happened?????? omfg...

DeNiro
Glad I go to a public school but hey at least u got to go on a field trip and miss school

dave123
just make your own opinions

sick school sick

Dogbert

§pearhead
yeah public school! laughing out loud rock me too, man

steely balls
I think some catholics go way to far to get their points across. I once saw protesters by a near by clinic showing pictures of half mutilated FETUSES, just wrong. Little kids might see that.

Dogbert
My school is also very hypocritical. If a girl gets pregnant; (even if she was raped) she will be asked to leave the school. What other choice does she have but to get an abortion?

§pearhead
Wow...thats kinda harsh erm

Baylin
School is rying to brainwash you? Isnt that what they get paid for?

Evy_O
She has to leave school if she gets pregnant?! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Why not suspend the guy as well? That's totally unfair!

Fortunately none of these happens in my school... smile

burlyman
no expression oh god

Storm
We saw that in biology class.

shaber
That is less bad than some of the propaganda (on different topics) put forth in state schools in the UK sick

Fire
long live catholic schools

Kes
There's going to be a vote here on whether abortion should be legalized and this organization distributed a pamphlet tru private catholic inclined schools depicting an abortion all lies might I had. The kids were from 6 to like 12/13 messed Some kids had nightmares!! How stupid is that??!

Kes
Yeh, and all the pics show fetuses way pass the time that most abortions that place. Plus they are usually fetuses with malformations (not sure this is the correct word).

Dogbert
I guess we took different biology classes because they never showed us that... blink

Thats sick... no
How can they show that to such young kids? I am 17 and can barley handle it now.

BarmyBrummie
They showed you an abortion? Thats....well......wrong! DOn't you get a choice if you want to watch it or not? At my school, if they are gonna show videos that could offend people they say we can leave the room

amity75
"Bloody Catholics! Always trying to bring bloody babies into the world that they can't afford to bloody feed!" - Monty Pythons Meaning of Life.

mook
stuff like that re-inforces my view that religion is bullshit.

ash007
man that is harsh

gosh i would have threatned to sue the bastards

BarmyBrummie
laughing out loud

Corlindel
You are brainwashed evryday everyhour. Scholl brainwash is only part-time you are forgetthing the rest of the day and it seems you dont note that...What about drink a coke and eat a BigMac with some kind of stupid promotion while you see manipulated news on tv stick out tongue

Krabs55
that isnt as bad as public school....but even public school tries to put their views on you...like having chritain canalders and saying dont have sex instead of explaining how to protect yourself

DemonicGambit-2
That's wrong, I'm glad I go to public school. But at least that retreat wasn't worse...although I'm not sure what else they could have done to make it worse blink

The Force
the other ones...

MissesDepp?!
My school is angelican, the girls are all brainwashed by designer labels and i never seem to get through to them....

Krosus
Gawd thats just sick. I'm not religous and sometimes im glad, In the words of Dave lister.

"Religion is just an excuse for people to be extremely crappy to each other"

I'm all for people doing their own thing as long as they don't try and push it onto me.

mook
all of it...

clispin
I have no problem with any ones religion! I just hate when the school tries to force christianity on us! I dont belive in it so why cant they just leave it!

Linkalicious
yeah what D said!

The Force
except one...

clispin
I go to public school aswell its just that its like religious y'know. when they teach you about christianity, they dont teach you how they celebrate things they give you arguments for and against, and fuinnily enough the fors always win. They say stuff like "If so many people believe it how can it not be true!" and it really does my head in!

xxsarahxx
It's just sick that they showd you that, some people really do take things tooo far!

Dogbert
It's cool to tell us abortion is bad, but they took it a little too far with this. I don't believe in abortion anyway, but if I did and said that, they probally would have hung me hang

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.