Return Of The King Extended Edition Video

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Tater
The trailer can be obtained from two places (I reccommend the second one).

1)You can go to the official website, and at the bottom left of the page, there will be a flash icon that says "New Video." Click it, and it will bring up the EE Preview.
http://www.lordoftherings.net

2)You can click this link, which brings up a larger and higher quality version of the EE Preview (Takes a little time to load):
http://progressive2.stream.aol.com/newline/gl/newline/lordoftherings/ReturnOfTheKing/videos/LOTR_ROTK_Extend_700_dl.mov

The Preview is the one that was shown at the San Diego Comic-Con in July.

Enjoy it. I know I did big grin.

shaber
Bring the DVD here NOW!

The Tater
I must say, I am floored by the Mouth of Sauron. In my honest opinion, he is perfect. He looks utterly creepy, and his voice is authoritative and demanding, which is essential to his character. He was my highlight of the Preview.

I love how his lips are rotting away and his mouth is cracking because of the Black Language that he often speaks in. The way his decaying lips move over his rotting gums and teeth looks digustingly eerie.

As for his costume, I think it is fantastic. His helmet looks like a simplified version of Sauron's helmet from the Prologue, and the runes are a nice touch as well. His costume makes him look like a prophet, which I think is great. The only thing I don't really understand is why his helmet covers up his eyes, since he is supposed to fight Aragorn in the movie, and he has to be able to see (Unless Sauron is possessing him). Still, I don't mind it that much, since I like everything else about him.

I can't wait for this scene.

shaber
More likely unhealthy living causes loose teeth. That's a symptom of scurvy you know?

darktim1
all I have to say is WOW can't wait to watch it when comes out on dvd.

Exabyte
eek! eek! eek! eek!

Thanks, Tater happy *watches trailer again and again*

eek! I love the scene with Eowyn and Faramir happy

Lord_Andres

edwinian
this just makes me more and more excited to get my EE in December. I simply can't wait.

I had been looking forward for a trailer for some time so I am glad that they have finally released it!!!

Nazgul lord
I WANT IT NOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eezy45
HOLY CRAP

JUST WATCHED IT

eek!!

Smodden
VERY NICE!eek!

aragorn's voice when talking to sauron is amazing....

Smodden
I think the mouth has a sort of perception different than sight...so he doesn't need to use his eyes?

ash007
man i can't wait

you know i kind of remember this time last year waiting for the return of the king.

Does time fly smile

Smodden
indeed ash. yes

Time does fly.

Eöl Moriedhel
I read somewhere that Tolkien himself brushed upon the fact that he may have been blind, and could "see" in a different-way....... smile

Smodden
Yes I read that somewhere too...and I think pj must have read that too...hence, mouth's cool helmet.smile should be interesting. -seeing him fight..eek!

koolruningz
Holy sh*t! That was awesome, December cant come fast enough. Gandalf Vs The Witchking is gonna be something else. The MOS looks amazing to, i read somewhere its the same guy who plays the Trainman in Matrix Revolutions (bad teeth must be his thing). Just think we've just seen a minute of footage, 49 more to go. big grin

shadowy_blue
OMG!!!! E/F!!! love

*dies*

*not really*

Eöl Moriedhel
MoS is the Trainman from the MAtrix movies.....I think he was also in the Mad Max movies.....confused

muse5
AAHH!!!

my thoughts exactly

Général Grievou
THERE'S ANOTHER VIDEO !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lotr-server.de/see/video/ROTK-large.rm

enjoy it, that's so good ! Happy Dance

Smodden
hey could you put the sorce- so I can download a smaller version?
smile

muse5
is it the same video, or is it something new that i can hyperventilate about?

Exabyte
It's a new one, showing Gandalf and Wiki... Faramir and Pippin... etc wink

You get it when you order the EE via Amazon stick out tongue so @Smodden I guess there is no smaller version available erm
This one is around 13MB

The Tater
Ah man, the link doesn't work sad.

Darth_Decimator
is it true that the scouring (spelling?) of the shire is NOT going to be in the EE as we were led to believe and that wormtail actually pushes sauraman off orthanc to kill him at the beggining , i was awfully distressed to hear this i hope it is just false rumor , i apologise if this has been covered elsewhere

darktim1
nope that is what happens peter did'nt put scouring in return of king he put it in fellowship of the ring during frodo glimpse into the future.

Darth_Decimator
man that really sux , so sauraman does do a swan dive off orthanc onto that pointy wheel thing ??

Exabyte

Smodden
drat. 404 error.no expression @ new video.

Général Grievou
New links:

http://www.hdr-online.de/hdr.php?page=news&weiter=kommentar&id=299

Smodden
Thanx!

Discos
damn is there any trailors with windows media player?

DeVi| D0do
New Trailer:

http://www.lordoftherings.net/homevideo/frame_special_dvd.html?NoMansExtndCut

big grin

Nienna
O_o DODO! droolio *DeVi| D0do is afraid of Nienna* heehee shifty devil

Anyway, I cant see that trailer for some odd reason schmoll

fini
ooooooooooooo the new trailer is GREAT

anyone know where we can get a BIG VErsion of that one

Lord_Andres
well that new trailer was awsome!!! I can't belive its just two more weeks, I'm going crazy here

ladygrim
smile...

muse5
oh my god, the new trailer is SOOOOOO good, i can't explain it... i watched it like 4 times in a row yesterday

AAAHHHH eek! eek! eek! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

koolruningz
It gets released on the 10th in NZ, is it the same with you guys?

JamalMagloire
No, we don't get it in the States until the 14th - its worth the wait though!

Thorondor
I'm not going to get it until xmas anyway so i'm not bothered when it's out smile

muse5
i cannot wait 6 more days for the freaking ee to come out, i think that i have to go to australia, it's out in 2 days there...aaahhhh, where can i get a cheap plane ticket fast?

Exabyte

Thorondor
Guess who has al 3 EE's eek!

Mandos
Thor, you ......
Guess who has diarea

Thorondor
Guess who's banned for 5 days laughing out loud

Exabyte
That's not really a reason for Lol, is it? erm and ot, too blink

Thorondor
Why not? he got himself banned in an amusing way lol

Grievous_90210
http://iesb.net/movies2/movie120304.php

here are 3 awesome clips
mouth of sauron
death of saruman
witch king vs gandalf

JamalMagloire
Those of you who have gotten it - how do you like it? Is it meeting your expectations?

Dejio
Just bought my copy of LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition yesterday. The DVD's are awesome. They also released a Trilogy Extended pack. Makes me wanna buy it ,although I already have all three separately.

Finally saw Saruman's death. He showed a little of his powers here. Although his death was not given much depth in my opinion (or maybe it was because of all the fuss on it previously..or it's just probably me). Anyway, it was nice to see Christopher Lee's character once again.

Also, on the same scene, I felt like that I have to question Legolas' action here. Hmm...It's questionable but nobody from Gandalf's group seem to mind.

Can't wait for you guys to watch the E.E. so that we could discuss the movie. Till then.

Flying Ferret
It's so nice to see a director/writer respect his fanbase as opposed to others *cough*George Lucas*cough*. Thank you, PJ for such an ambitious and generous effort!

JamalMagloire
Getting mine today - FINALLY! Its been a long wait, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Has anyone got the gift set? I'm trying to decide if I want that Minas Tirith statue.

Exabyte
The statue looks great... very detailed and exact work yes
Is anyone going to order the Morgul-statue-thingy? ... so expensive cry

Havoc470
i just watched most of the special features

what a great trilogy, for me nothing will ever come as close, it really instills inspiration on so many levels

Sarela

Discos
it is a wise investment my friend

Discos - even wiser than me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.