An episode of South Park.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
Okay, I wasn't sure where to post this, but since I thought it would be better suited to us Star Wars fans, then I posted it here.

Has anyone seen the South Park where they have a rant at George Lucas?

The boys have to stop George Lucas and Steven Spielberg from re-making Raiders Of The Lost Ark because they know it'll suck. They end up at Skywalker Ranch and see George Lucas' video collection. It was soo funny, on the shelves he had "George Lucas' Wedding Day", and next to it, it said "George Lucas Wedding Day Digitally Remastered" and "Geroeg Lucas Birthday" and "George Lucas Birthday Digitally Remastered". So funny.

Then, the makers of South Park appear on screen and tell us they've re-mastered the very first episode of South Park, and they say "Originally, when the boys are stood at the bus stop, we originally wanted Dewbacks and Imperial Walkers in the background, now that we are rich, we can do this". They remake the first Episode of South Park and replace the "grey" aliens with huge CGI monsters.

Then, later, Spielberg manages to get his remade Raiders Of The Lost Ark released, I almost died laughing. We see Indiana Jones swing over a chasm - and behind him giving chase are a bunch of Ewoks!

But then the evil of the digitaly remastered Raiders Of The Lost Ark causes everyone in the cinema to melt when they open the Ark in the movie.

"Why do you want to remaster you're movies"

"Because it'll look better.............and expensive"

I just thought I'd share this (not entirely 100% accurate) memory with you, and any jaded Star Wars fan should track this episode down.

Darth Sauron
I saw that, i laughed my ass off at it

tpaquin
I'm sure most star wars/ indiana Jones fans like myself went crazy when they announced that episode.

Darth Sauron
why?
It was funny as hell, and so very true

OB1-adobe
It was funny, but Lucas is not that crazy to put Ewoks in Raiders. Most stuff I see poking fun at Lucas, like skits on Madtv, are not all that funny. Not like I take it personally as a fan, but its just there is nothing funny about it. I think I have come to the full realization that Lucas would not get so much crap if 2 specific things did not happen:

1. Greedo shooting first
2. Jar Jar Binks

He can have cheesy lines, bad acting, revamped special effects, and Jabba in ANH, and I think things would still look a little bit brighter for him in the public eye if wern't for those two things. Anyway that show is great cause they make fun of anything when they get chance, so that episode was only a matter of time.

PVS
my favorite line of that episode.

You have a heart made of ice, Mr. Lucas, and so we're going
to warm your icy heart with a cool island song.

darthbabb
Wuts the big deal with greedo shooting first?

Luxorz
I don't really understand, but it seems like it makes the movie suck. Weird, it is.

Ushgarak
I didn't like that episode; it trotted out the tiresome old and arrogant cliche that fans somehow have a stake in the products they like. Arrant nonsense.

PVS
but GL is such a hypocrite.
remember back in the 80's when they started colorising old
B/W films? guess who led the march to stop this "bastardisation"?

yup, GL

just a few months ago GL made a big stink when they wanted to colorise the three stooges. why is it that nobody can 'improve' film accept for him?

practice what you preach, thats what i say.

tpaquin
I've come to terms with it.

Red Superfly
Fans are paying customers, fans have every right to say "this sucks" if they bought a particular product.

And, you seriously need a sense of humour, sorry dude.

Bartman99
so does anybody have a full episode name or maybe a ... link for that episode ?

PVS
Episode 609 - Free Hat

here's the script:
http://www.southpark.dsl.pipex.com/scripts/scr609.shtml

bushrules
I know WHAT is the big deal! for christ sake it doesn't change the movie!

PVS
it matters because they did a halfassed butcher job editing that scene.
thus, it sucks

bushrules
they only changed the laser bolts around and moved han's head! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.