Human Torch Against Iceman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solidarsenal
http://img71.exs.cx/img71/5562/humice.gif
http://img52.exs.cx/img52/7963/anim_humantorch_flameon01.gif http://img52.exs.cx/img52/4097/xmen128_iceman-winpose2.gif

crazyspinz
those pics are soo cool

Mane
*sigh* been over this a billion times. HT wins.

Jugganaut2000
mane is gayyyy

norrin radd

uQifg2WV
stand off, i think both could counter whatever the other did since they're opposing elements

Swanky-Tuna
Nobody's answered me regarding whether Human Torch uses his super nova attack as a last ditch effort or just whenever.

Mane
f*ck you very much.

uQifg2WV
don't fight... sniffle sad

teh_Cartman
Good one!!

seaapple
Ice can be melted.

Fire can't be frozen.

(But I like Iceman better).

spidey-dude
if this was pyro vs iceman then iceman would win but i say johnny can take out iceman anytime

Erik-Lensherr
Iceman

python99
Bobby

Soljer
Iceman in a stomp.

python99
Originally posted by Soljer
Iceman in a stomp.

Agree with win, but stomp?

Soljer
Originally posted by python99
Agree with win, but stomp?

Absolutely.

Blair Wind
Stomp. Iceman could prevent HT from ever flaming on.

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmen2020011ef3.jpg

Anyways, Iceman wins

SpookySmurph
This thread has a lot of views for so few responses... ermm

llagrok
Fuego anyone?

seaapple
I think the Human Torch should win.

But it seems from reading on this board that Iceman has been upgraded in a ridiculous way so that he is now like KMC Flash. When characters become like that its just silly (unless it is historically part of the character like Silver Surfer or Superman).

Iceman who can reconstitute from steam and has almost infinite cold powers wins.

But a reasonable Iceman such as I know in love from back in the day looses because of Johnny's potential to go Nova and Iceman's susceptibility to HTs level of heat.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by seaapple
I think the Human Torch should win.

But it seems from reading on this board that Iceman has been upgraded in a ridiculous way so that he is now like KMC Flash. When characters become like that its just silly (unless it is historically part of the character like Silver Surfer or Superman).

Iceman who can reconstitute from steam and has almost infinite cold powers wins.

But a reasonable Iceman such as I know in love from back in the day looses because of Johnny's potential to go Nova and Iceman's susceptibility to HTs level of heat.

Its in comics. erm Historically he has always been the X-men with the most potential (being the slacker of the Omega Mutants)

Lately he cannot be killed in ice form, can come back from being destroyed (even in human form), can freeze energy, spread his consciousness around in water molecules, can inhibit other people, can stop chemically induced heat transfer ect ect ect.

Simply put Iceman wins.

Sin I AM
stick out tongue stick out tongue Blair Wind speaks the truth, Bobby Drake is the shit...but isnt Johnny still hae the power cosmic?

seaapple
I know it's true that they've changed the character (omegafied him), but I don't have to like it!

Why can't he just be Spidey's amazing friend? Or a part of a team of mutants wearig yellow suits?

LordKaos
Even before being classified as an Omega it was established that Bobby was uber, like when Emma took possession of him. When Post took a chunk of his chest out, regular snowman Iceman would have died, Iceman at that time was made of ice and survived. AOA Iceman also showed what Bobby could do if he tried. They haven't changed the character, he's a mutant, they are prone to evolution it's the very nature of the mutant gene to cause drastic evolutionary shifts in humans in a relatively short time (a normal human life span as opposed to a million years.)

seaapple
Gotta love KMC, even when I concede people still argue with me!

LordKaos
not arguing it's just when you "said" this

Originally posted by seaapple
Why can't he just be Spidey's amazing friend? Or a part of a team of mutants wearig yellow suits?

it made me want to talk about mutants and evolution and why of all beings with powers it just makes more sense that they would evolve to higher levels of power or different states of being, then a guy who got his powers from an accident big grin

seaapple
Or maybe it was the word "wearig!" wink

LordKaos
missed that one completely laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
Considering that fire melts ice id say human torch. The victory of this fight would be granted to whome ever can snuff out the others power source. Both seem to have an endless source of energy. Ice doesnt freeze fire, but it can extinguish it. In order for ice to extinguish fire, it has to be larger in mass than the fire it is extinguishing. in order for the water which is melted from the ice to suffocate the source of fire. considering that the Human torch can generate heat greater than what is produced on the surface of the sun, i have to say that the torch's abilities would evaporate all of ice mans attacks

If you dropped an iceberg over the sun, it would evaporate instanaeously. infact the heat of the sun would be so great, the iceberg would evaporate years before it reached the sun. Ice man has trouble when he is an enviorment of extreme heat. Human torch is un affected when he is an envoirment of extreme cold. Cold only effects the human torch when it is focused on his source at one time

SpookySmurph
Fuego > Torch, IMO.

Soljer
So many people are so ignorant of Iceman...

What happened to the good old days where the mere mention of "Iceman" could not be unaccompanied by mentioning "Blair Wind," as well? What happened to the days of Iceman striking fear in the hearts of debaters everywhere, as an immortal, unkillable, omnipresent, master of temperature?

shifty.

llagrok
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Considering that fire melts ice id say human torch. The victory of this fight would be granted to whome ever can snuff out the others power source. Both seem to have an endless source of energy. Ice doesnt freeze fire, but it can extinguish it. In order for ice to extinguish fire, it has to be larger in mass than the fire it is extinguishing. in order for the water which is melted from the ice to suffocate the source of fire. considering that the Human torch can generate heat greater than what is produced on the surface of the sun, i have to say that the torch's abilities would evaporate all of ice mans attacks

If you dropped an iceberg over the sun, it would evaporate instanaeously. infact the heat of the sun would be so great, the iceberg would evaporate years before it reached the sun. Ice man has trouble when he is an enviorment of extreme heat. Human torch is un affected when he is an envoirment of extreme cold. Cold only effects the human torch when it is focused on his source at one time

A relatively powerful fire mutant incinerated Iceman and absorbed his energy. Then Iceman reformed, killing him.

Originally posted by llagrok
Fuego anyone?

Originally posted by SpookySmurph
Fuego > Torch, IMO.

moonknight11
Nova blast FTW.

iceman24567
Iceman was my favorite X-Men character before he was "omegafied" kinda new to me that he's so powerful now i say he wins he's basically unbeatable.

hunter_blake05
iceman.. against his strong and hard texture humantorch will loose..

Priest
IceMan almost every time.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Soljer
So many people are so ignorant of Iceman...

What happened to the good old days where the mere mention of "Iceman" could not be unaccompanied by mentioning "Blair Wind," as well? What happened to the days of Iceman striking fear in the hearts of debaters everywhere, as an immortal, unkillable, omnipresent, master of temperature?

shifty.

ermm

I've been slacking it seems.

jrodslam
Iceman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.