how to annoy telemarketers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmSixTeEn
1. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.

2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want to know?" Alternately, you can tell them, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my sciatica is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died..." When they try to get to the sell, just keep talking about your "problems."

3. If they say they're (name) from the (Company), ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located. Ask them how to spell "Milpitas." Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

4. This one works better if you're male: Telemarketer: Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with Canter & Siegel services... You: Hang on a second. Okay, What are you wearing? Telemarketer:

5. Cry out, in well-simulated tones of pleasure and surprise, "(telemarketers name) Is that you? Oh, my GOD! (name), how have you BEEN?" Hopefully, this will give the telemarketer a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where the hell she could know you from.

6. Say "no", over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep an even tempo even as they're trying to speak. This is the most fun if you can keep going until they hang up.

7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up with their Family and Friends plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can muster, "I don't have any friends...would you be my friend?"

8. If they clean rugs: "Can you get out blood? Can you get out GOAT blood? How about HUMAN blood?" Alternate: "Sorry, my floor is made of stone."

9. Let the person go through their spiel, providing minimal but necessary feedback in the form of an occasional "uh-huh", "rilly" or "how fascinating". Finally, when they ask you to buy, ask them to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them you couldn't just give out your credit card number to a complete stranger.

10. Tell them you work for the same company they work for. Example: Telemarketer: "This is Bill from WaterTronics." You: "WaterTronics! Hey, I work for them too. Where are you calling from?" Telemarketer: "Uh...Milpitas, California." You: "Great, they have a group there too? How's business? The weather?!?" Telemarketer: "Sorry, we can't sell to employees." You: "Oh, okay. Bye!"

11. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a telemarketer, set the receiver down, Shout or scream "Oh my God!!! Help me!!" and then hang up.

12. (Jerry Seinfeld version) Tell the telemarketer your busy at the moment and if they give you their phone number, you'll call them back. Telemarketer will say "We're not allowed to give out our number". You say, "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at work, right?" Telemarketer will agree. You say "Now you know how I feel!" Hang-up.

13. Breath heavily and tell them you were in the middle of having sex with your wife/husband. Tell them that the deal sounds good, but you are not waiting for another month to finish the sex.

14. Say "speak up" and continue to do so.

15. Keep one of those personal siren alarms near the phone.

16. Ask them if they are aware that you are with the District Attorney's Office, Division of Consumer Fraud, and that the conversation is being taped.

Phoenix Aska
The best one is when you try and sell them something back!!!

Try it....it's funny shit!!

PRK
so what are you doing tonight

EmSixTeEn
me?

Phoenix Aska
hahaha...that was totally random....

EmSixTeEn
very, heh, i just had a telemarketer call my house, i tried to sell her a vibrator eek! laughing out loud

angelsflame265
one time a telemarketer called my house and we tried to sell her a blue cow laughing out loud it was great cause we went from talking normal to talking with a bad country accent

Spicy_Mchaggis
dude the best is when you try to order pizza and not pronounce of the "p". and when your in the drivethru window at a fast food restaraunt specify that your order is to go like a million times.

WindDancer
Telemarketers are always calling me. sad

I know is their job but it sucks. thumb down

shellie
not many call here anymore...if they do i give the phone to rachel my 4 year old daughter.....she loves talking on the phone .

lil bitchiness
I used to do that for a little while cry

<?>
I love messing with the telemarketers head. I have fun asking them what they are wearing. most of the time they just hang up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.