`The World Is Not Enough` boat chase voted London`s best film scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
London Underground has released a list of the 10 greatest scenes featuring the city, as voted for by 1,000 film buffs.
The 1999 James Bond movie, "The World Is Not Enough", with its boat chase along the Thames was top - reports The Guardian (UK).

the rest of the list is unknown to me

Evy_O
I liked the scene happy

yerssot
it was a bit weird, but had some highlights happy

Evy_O
Elektra was a nice choice of actress imho big grin thumb up

yerssot
sophie marceau? she was rather famous though messed

Evy_O
so messed

yerssot
I thought you didn't like famous? ... or was that me? blink

Evy_O
no, I do, just that I think that next bondgirl shouln't be VERY famous... but sophie something wasn't all that famous me thinks erm

yerssot
yeah, I agree smile that sophie girl is just famous in france I think... though when I heard her name I thought I knew her from somewhere messed

The Redeemer
Unknown? blink Take this abomination of a posting out now, Evy The Mod, I say!!! eek! whistle

yerssot
a girl to the rescue... now that's new stick out tongue

Evy_O
did anyone mention my name? *appears in all Mod-power* raver

yerssot
yes, we all tremble with fear for your appearance, miss mod eek!

Evy_O
I don't see you trembling whip

yerssot
bad back y'know p:

Evy_O
you tremble with your back? blink

Reborn Again
I guess they didn't notice the MAJOR editing error in that scene, eh? When they focused in on the two missles firing: both fire from the top launcher, where as there were two missiles one in the top and one in the bottom launchers. After the first missile fires, the bottom one is missing, then the top launcher fires again. And there are only two missiles fired in the whole scene. Other than that it's very exciting. But I notice this continuous error every time.

yerssot
no, I can't tremble that's the problem stick out tongue

hmmm...RA... that's not really a MAJOR continuity problem imo, RA... there are dozens of continuity errors in movies erm

Reborn Again
That's one of many I've noticed in Bond movies.

yerssot
they are full with continuity errors messed

The Redeemer
The biggest one of which is the car in DAF changing wheels down the narrow alley..."Lean over!!!" thumb down

yerssot
changing wheels? messed

The Redeemer
Watch it again. Then it'll make sense! stick out tongue

yerssot
I'll try stick out tongue

Reborn Again
Oh yeah, the DAF scene. I had forgotten about that. Major error!

yerssot
I'll check it this weekend I think....

kalsolar
I have a love-hate relationship with that boat chase scene. In parts it is brilliant, but in others its badly edited and contrived. There were too many shots of just one boat or the other racing along various bits of the river from angles that bore no obvious relation to each other. This can make the viewer lose their sense if orientation, and even more so if both boats arent in frame at the same time. I hated the boat leaping and racing along the ground and through the restaurant bit. Bond having disregard for his own safety in achieving his goal is one thing, but having no regard for the life of innocent bystanders in his pursuit is quite something else. And I dont buy the argument that, "well he did pap the horn on the boad as he crashed through the restaurant" Its moments like those that jolt me into reality and remind me that I'm watching a movie and I hate it when that happens. The rest of the movie was fine otherwise. More or less anyway.

The Redeemer
I agree. The scene is clumsily contrived and edited IMO!

yerssot
ah come on, look at a Moore movie and see how it is edited there, must worse messed

The Redeemer
Relax, old boy! Back in the good ol' Moore days the raised eyebrow one could get away with a few editing gaffes because the film surrounding them was SO much better! raver

yerssot
yeah, take the focus off the guy wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.