How can I make Jedi boots?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
I'm looking for a tutorial or some instructions on making CHEAP Jedi boots. Can someone help me?

Jedi Priestess
JJ hun you might try the EU section I think there has been costume requests etc in there before.

jedijunky1138
Ohh OK Sorry

jedijunky1138
Nope JP I didnt find any other threads on this subject. If you can find them would you paste the link here, or PM me? Thanks.

roundisfunny
Have you looked on the boards at www.theforce.net ? There is a large section devoted to costume construction. I did a little looking, and the consensus seems to be that you have to get riding boots, which can be pricey (though somebody mentioned a price of $30). You can always look for second-hand boots at thrift stores, however.

jedijunky1138
thanks roundisfunny I will try that. I have a pair of winter (SNOW) boots that look OK but I want to enhance them some.

mephistodesigns
my fiance says she's seen them at those Renaisance fairs. Her and her friend go all the time.

Red Superfly
You wanna dress up like a Jedi..............

*backs away, slowly*

Revan X
So if he does it's his life not yours. his business is his own.

Red Superfly
I dare you to dress up like a Jedi, wave a car over, and say "can you take me to Alderaan?" or go into an electrical appliance showroom, ask to see the vacuum cleaners and say "these aren't the droids I'm looking for"

or when the tax man comes say "I'd like to avoid any impreial entanglements"

jedijunky1138
Sure I'm dressing as a jedi. I'm going to a halloween party. My costume is going to be as authentic as a home made one can be.

roundisfunny
I saw a new, pretty realistic-looking light saber at Borders a couple of weeks ago. It has a tube attached to it that lights up, and makes "waving" sounds while its on. It also has a "strike" sound when you hit it against something.

100 bucks.

jedijunky1138
yea thats the Force fx saber. I have made my saber already and it is sweet. I will post a pic soon. The belt is finished also.

jedijunky1138
here is what I have so far.

Jedi Priestess
ah if only you could get that baby to fire up and work eh JJ?

Bartman99

mephistodesigns
that's not exacty Vader's saber. Yoda's looks like that, in structure, too.

jedijunky1138
No thats not Vaders saber. I made my own. as far as I can tell it doesn't match any saber out there.

And by BTW I found a good pair of boots that will work OK for what I need them for. Thanks everyone.

mephistodesigns
your saber doesn't exactly match anyone's, but it does bear striking resemblance in style to Yoda's, Vader's, and Anakin's sabers (AOTC and ROTS).

darthcraka
whats wrong wit dressen like a jedi... i have a complete jedi outfit hand made i was a jedi for like a weak every one loved it lol

Revan X
I have Darth Mauls black robe. i wore it a few times every one i seen called me Jedi even when i went to stores but that was last Halloween.

jedijunky1138
My costume is also hand made. Custom made for a Halloween party, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Revan X
Now i were a suit similar to my Sig.

NESENRENSC
lol. ....I have THREE Jedi costumes....but then again I AM in the process of making a fan film, so I suppose I kinda need three now dont I? wink

jedi90
i know its well past halloween but for anyone still wanting to dress like a jedi, go to this site http://www.padawansguide.com/basic.shtml it has great info on the PT clothing with pictures and details on where to purchase almost authenic, look alike jedi clothing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.