getting sick by traveling south ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shellie
my daughter who is 12 , has had this problem since she was born...when she travels.....she has to take Dramamine to keep herself from getting sick . i know....lots of people have to do the same thing.....but what makes this wierd to me is that she only gets sick when traveling south .

she is fine going north . when we travel we mostly go north and on the trip back home , she always get sick....the 2 trips we've gone south she was sick on the way down but coming back north to our home she was fine...

we've mentioned this to her pediatrician who doesnt have an answer for us either .

does this happen to you and/or have you heard of such thing ?

Telperaca
That's really weird.

I travel alot during the weekend, and I'm susally fine throughtout the journey. Although, if I drink milk right before the journey, I usually feel sick. sick

trouble
sorry shellie i dont get car sick!

shellie
i dont either...infact no one else in my family does . just manda and then its only going south . erm

trouble
thats lethal erm never heard of nowt like that before!

shellie
i know it sounds crazy . i dont understand it either but it happens everytime . im just trying to get some clues as to what might cause this .

JToTheP
I've never heard of such a thing, strange shellie. I've gotten home sick, which turned into a fever though, when we've gone to maryland, and long island though, but no north or south.

shellie
yeah...strange....she just came back from camp which is 2 hours north and on the way home she couldnt find her dramamine and she got sick....her friends and the adult she was with told her its in her head....

how can it be in her head when this started when she was 6 weeks old ?erm

MarioX
i travelled north and got sick too!

shellie
does it happen everytime you travel and only in one direction ?

JToTheP
Wow....maybe some people just don't understand things, and assume their made up.

<?>
Thats wierd.

shellie
*sighs* i just wished i had a clue to what caused it....she picks on herself saying she's allergic to the equater...ill have to do some research online and see if i can come up with something .

<?>
When I was a little kid I got car sick, but it did not matter what direction I was going.

shellie
yeah i was hoping she'd outgrow it but thats not happened yet .

Spicy_Mchaggis
its not a real sickness. its a mentality. its like a placebo. maybe when she was younger she got sick while traveling and it may be going south. so she thinks that whenever she travels south she will get sick. ask a psychologist about it and they will probably give you the same answer i did.

shellie
ive thought about that Spicy but its wierd that its been going on since she was 6 weeks old.....can it be mentality at 6 weeks old ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.