Education

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sim0921
Do you think that education is the key to success?

Mane
no i dnt thnk ejjuccatun is inpotant lol!!!!!11!1!!!!1111!!!11!!one!!!11!111

Beyonder
It is. It helps when people aren't ignorant when it comes to issues. A lot of hatred comes from stupid people who don't know shit. Alot of people dismiss Evolution and believe only what the Bible says. Education is the key to success in life and decision making. The more educated you are, the more understanding you can be.

WindDancer
hahaha!

Absolutely! Plus I always have consider education and learning to be the most important factors in human life.

sim0921
laughing

nemo
well, education to a cetain extent is a must.
though i sometimes i wonder if it is a kind of mass brainwashing.
on religion, education, abortion, gay issue ect. it's totally polarised. it depend on which part of the world u're from, therefor what kind of education u're given. from american south, you take one view, north-east state like NY another. or more religious contry like Italy Vs more liberal country, say Sweden
through out history it had always been this way, but it's still scary.

Silver Stardust
Of course it's important, there are very few careers you can get without education and your chances of getting a good job are slim to nil.

Fire
I think it depends on what career you can be succesfull in a lot of professions without a diploma or a proper education

Silver Stardust
It's very much going the way, though, that many professions need some sort of specific education.

lil bitchiness
Yes, educating yourself is important.

Even though it can be hard, i love going to school/university. If someone would pay me like a proper job, id be studying for the rest of my life.

mechmoggy
I say no. Lots of people become highly successful (and rich) without ever finishing school.

The point is that these poeple are very few, and the best way to improve your chances of being successful is to study hard and gain qualifications. End of.

Silver Stardust
Exactly, I love learning.

Baylin
Education has its uses but it not necessarily the key to success, hard work and luck is!

Fire
Still you can make it big in he media (movies/music and so forth) without even having a degree or a diploma.
There are also quite a lot of positions (in belgium atleast) for which ppl are appointed by other people without needing qualifications, doesn't happen tho but in theory it is possible.

Fire
Politics is also a profession in which you can make it without having a real education.

Baylin
Politics? The less you really know the better you are I think...

lil bitchiness
You have to be rather educated to be a successful politician.

Fire
I beg to differ, most top politicians in Belgium are highly educated people. But in theory you could become prime minister without having a degree

mechmoggy
Tex has a degree from Bovine University. yes

Silver Stardust
Making it big in movies and music is more reliant on raw talent and dumb luck. But how good can you be if you've never taken any acting/music courses? Eventually you'll need some sort of education in that field, even if it's not necessarily a college degree.

It'd be hard to be an uneducated politician, I would think...though I will concede that it is possible.

Baylin
Sorry for any mis-conception but this was supposed to be a tongue in cheek comment wink

Fire
errh, I assume you mean I didn't have to take it literally (which I already knew I just comment on those things anyways)

Baylin
I know wink

Lord_Andres
Depends on what kind of succes, family succes, you know living a good life with family, or do you mean just to be able to get lots of money? I don't see how earning so much money is important, sure money is tempting but not so important that alot of people think

HockeyHorror
education? yea its important...but you guyz know that many people bribe schools just to get good grades...pathetic...some kids at my school are soooo rich that they pay the school just to get A's...and dont do any work...lazy bitchs...

basically money will get you anything in America...money is the root of evil...

defeats the purpose of education...

sim0921
Maybe it depends on your carrer. Just think that, in my country, doctors and teachers have the same sallary as a waitor. So, in this case, do u think its worth studying your brains out?
Also, just as HockeyHorror said, you can do almost anything as long as youre rich.
But still, even if you're rich and famous (thanks to your parents, physical condition or musical talent), but dumb as a rock, you might be fooled by others, or eventually do something stupid that will end your career. So yeah, i guess education is important, so that you can get a general idea about life.

Kosta
Not neccisarily, although its alot easyer to be succesfull with an education, in most cases.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.